Oracle Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Oracle Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

2.5

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I met the recruiter at the career fair at my school and she said she would contact me within the next week for an HR phone interview. I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I've only went through the first interview which is by phone. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. Like your typical interview, she asked Why Oracle, Why sales, how do you handle rejection, what's your two biggest motivation in the workplace, What skills can you bring to the workplace based on your prior experiences

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process wasn't hard. Phone interview followed by in person interviews. They didn't seem to try to find any faults with me. As long as I was a decent candidate they were going to want me. Interview questions weren't difficult. Simple behavioral interview. The process took about 4 weeks though. Then I got my offer.

Interview Questions

• What in your background would make you right for this position?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three interviews (2 phone, 1 in-person): The first two are easy questions with one HR person and a BDR based in Boston. The final interview was on-campus with a VP of sales. The VP was perhaps the most cynical person I've ever met. I walked out of that interview disillusioned about the company culture and the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   2 Answers

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by two 30 minute in-person interviews. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, and was very casual. In-person interviews were a bit more intense but still relaxed. Interviewed by a manager that manages people in the position I was applying for. Dress in business professional and bring resumes.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Amherst, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews Total - First 1 phone, 2nd in Person, 3rd Phone. The first interview was more of a screen. I got passed on. The second interview 1 on 1, it was with a sales manager. They asked me questions about sales. The third interview was tough. On the phone with another sales manager, he put me through a real world scenario and it was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Why Oracle? Biggest strength in one word? Weakness in one word?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter via LinkedIn, they requested my resume via email and responded with a link to a pretty standard online application.

Filled out the application and was contacted by the recruiter for a brief (20 min) screening call. Mostly behavioral questions- Why sales? Why Oracle? What are you most proud of? What motivates you? Low pressure and very conversational, my guess is that they're just making sure you're qualified enough for a real interview.

Scheduled an interview in their Austin office at the end of the initial call with the recruiter, was asked to bring two copies of my resume for two separate interviews that day.

Showed up and checked in on the day of the interview, had my first interview with an application sales manager over the phone (this is when they were in the middle of transitioning offices and this particular manager had already moved) and the second interview with a tech sales manager in person.

The interviews were very conversational- they want to see that you are competent, confident, and could succeed at sales (good communication and relational skills) and most of all are looking for people who have the right attitude and want to grow.

The BDR role is not glorious and they don't pretend that it is, and want to know that you are okay with putting in the work to be part of the team - important not to be entitled, to do some basic research on Oracle and what they do, and where they're going in the future with the major shift towards cloud services.

I received an offer 3 business days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Why Oracle? Walk me through your resume - what're you most proud of? Tell me about yourself. What motivates you? If I leave this interview knowing only two things about you, what should those be?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for the position in Boston Massachusetts. It was a great experience. There were three total rounds. The first began with a phone screening and then had a phone call with the BDR team lead. The last was a super day in their Boston office. Everyone was very helpful and positive about their experience. They provide competitive salary and great growth oppurtunity.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Columbus, OH (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Reffered by colleague then interviewed at OSU campus. Came in to speak to GM for 2nd interview. Was not contacted at all after not even to say that I wasn't selected which would have been fine.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.