John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.7

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

This review is about the application process itself. The application form (I can't remember the last time I filled out a cgi form) and questions are very dated and full of faff. Some of the 'Role Specific Questions' aren't role-specific at all! Maybe I don't want to work with the people who came up with these questions and screen people based on their answers to these questions. They also ask for personal details that shouldn't be asked at this stage.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for us?
      What skills and experience do you have that would make you a good fit for this role?
      What would excellent performance look like in this role?   Answer Question

John Lewis & Partners Response

Jul. 25, 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you found the initial application a negative experience. As you have left the title of the vacancy you applied for, we will pass your feedback on for the relevant Partners to review the questions that were asked on this occasion. Please be aware that not all of the personal questions you are asked in the application are visible to the team who then screen your application. Some of the questions asked are for reporting purposes to ensure we remain inclusive with the process. Thank you for your initial interest in the role and the Partnership.

Stock Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Applied for the position, completed an online assessment, called in for a group interview, followed by an individual interview, then received a job offer.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a test then you get invited to group interviews. where is very relaxed but everything is being watched and marked. Always youse "partner" and not staff members

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Easy, nothing unusual, normal tasks linked to sales and customer service. Applied September for christmas contract, been contacted November, got interview and detailed explanation where and how long it will be, the interview lasted about 2 hrs, got result in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• How I will deal with offered scenarios.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

There is an online questionnaire to complete before an offer. If you do get an offer you will attend a group interview that will have you work together and you have a one on one interview with one of the managers .

Christmas Temp Interview

Interview

Had the vague feeling that we were being watched from the moment we arrived at the front desk and met the other interviewees. It's important to be friendly but don't dominate the conversation - some people were clearly aware that our social skills were being tested and they were overbearing.

We were then put into two groups and given five scenarios. They were all usually about a customer who has had a previous bad experience or who is new to John Lewis and needs help. You have to decide as a group how you'd sort out each scenario as managers watch you converse. It's important to participate - you need to make sure you're always putting the customer first and that you don't just defer to management.

You then are by yourself and given five scenarios. You have about 20-30 minutes to write what you would do as a solution for each scenario.

Operations Partner Interview

Interview

Brief group task asking you to find the perfect present for different customer profiles then there was a short individual written response task. in total I was only there for maximum 30 minutes

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Once I got in, the interview was very relaxed and the two people interviewed me were really nice and made me feel comfortable. The first part was just to talk about myself/ brief chit chat - lasted about 20 mins. Then I had to complete a task which consisted of prioritising a list of tasks and was given half an hour on my own to complete - then the interviewers came back in the room and I had to explain. The third part was questions about what work I had done and examples of when I had been in situations before and how I went about them such as when have you overcome a conflict at work, when have you questioned a colleague at work (if they have done something wrong etc), when have you asked for feedback.

Interview Questions

• When have you been proud of yourself at work   1 Answer

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

You'll start off with an one to one interview with one of the partners. This should last for roughly 20 to 30 mins. After that, you will be put in a room with other applicants to complete a group exercise where you tackle potential scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly revolved around yourself, how you are as a person, interests, activities. One question was how you overcame a problem in your life, and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Interview

A group role play section detailing different scenarios where you as a group were observed by an assessor. This was then followed by a one to one interview lasting maybe 20 minutes. Wasn't too long overall.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.