John Lewis & Partners Customer Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Customer Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Group presentation, followed by a one on one interview with management which was good, and informative, but seemingly not very well planned. I did get the job though, so I must have done something right.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you worked in a team for.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Sat us down in a room. Got into groups. Had to go through situations together and decide what we would do. Then we presented our ideas to our supervisor at our table. It was very relaxed and informal. Then we got given a sheet with similar situations but we had to judge what we would do individually. Then got given a sheet to fill out with our hours.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Solihull, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I got to Solihull and entered through the ‘Partners’ entrance outside. There were 8 of us ranging from 18 years up to 40 years. Therefore it was very competitive, we were greeted by individuals who assess all applicants.
    The first task was a group exercise where we had a sheet with information about a couple getting married and using the gift service, we as a group had to think and write how to approach them, how to make their visit special etc. However while discussing and writing down the answers we were interrupted by the management team with another scenario which was a women in tears about her husbands death and she came to cancel his membership however she didn’t have the right documentation, what would you do?
    We were then interrupted again with another scenario which was a customer came in store to get some currency, however they don’t stock it, what do you do, and along with this there is a long line of annoyed customers behind as well, what do you do?
    We were then interrupted again with the final scenario which was 2 children (one excited and one scared) were lost, what do you do, however along side this an angry customer approached you at the same time about not receiving her points for the second time. What do you do as everyone is busy?
    After we then presented our ideas to the management team, make you to stand out and speak when possible as throughout the entire team exercise they are writing down notes on each candidate.
    Then the team told us how would each scenario differ is there was a greeter in front of the store? This was basic and then voice your opinion.
    The 1:1 Interview was ok, the member of the management team who was interviewing me , I thought was not very cooperative and didn’t talk me what so ever. Some of the questions are listed below. After I left and they said that they would email me if I had passed or failed.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Looong online process - always answer to questions in a way that customer is always right to get through it. Later I was invited to a 1 to 1 interview with one of the line managers, later there was a group interview where we were given 3 tasks to work on with the other applicants. Overall, a nice experience - typical behavioural questions. You NEED to show your passion for customer service and enthusiasm. Also, show that you want to go the extra mile while serving a customer and that you always would prioritise them. There's nothing more sacred at John Lewis than a customer...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you deal with a difficult situation, were working under stress etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.