John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.7

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in October 2019.

Interview

Online process of assessments. Once passed leads to being invited to group interview. Small groups of up to 8, individual planning, then feeding back to group to collectively come up with a solution, then feeding back to accessor. More scenario based questions at the end but these were to be individually completed.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions... how would you resolve this scenario? How would you meet the needs and requirements of the customer (in regard to what product/type of product) ?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very simple and easy. It was a group interview so you had to make sure you voiced your opinions. Make sure to familiarise yourself with situations that you would be faced with in retail and understand the solutions and reasoning behind it.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

it was really straightforward
    it was basic questions about your experinces, skills and what you can bring to the role.
    the interview wasnt very long.
    it was more of a conversation than a chat

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in October 2019.

Interview

Group interview, slit into tables of around 8 people. Before you start, the people interviewing are watching you so make sure you are chatty and introduce yourself to the others on your table. Given different scenarios which we had to discuss and prioritise tasks.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had to do 2 or 3 hours of online quizzes to be considered for an interview (which is far too long for simple retail job), and was sent about 7 or 8 emails; the final one of which invited me to interview a week later. The interview was with 20-30 other candidates, and they split us into groups to work on solving hypothetical scenarios involving customers. We then filled out sheets on our availability, and then finally filled out a solo sheet on what we would do in a hypothetical situation involving a customer with a specific request. The whole interview process was 2 hours. I received an offer for the bare minimum number of hours I would've liked to work, for nearly minimum wage. Absolutely not worth the hassle I went through for a month or so of seasonal work.

Interview Questions

• They gave hypothetical scenarios relating to customers to our group, and we had to think about what questions we'd ask the customers, what we can offer them, and what we think the customer is after.   1 Answer
    • We filled out a sheet by ourselves with a hypothetical scenario involving a customer, asking us what we would ask, say, or do in responding to the customer's request.   1 Answer

I wanted a full time position, and was not given the option. The whole process was also not worth it for a temporary position, and I was considering declining anyway.

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview took approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. it was a group discussion and individual writing test. There were around 20 people. We went into a room and there were 5 tables with each of its assessor. We can sit wherever we like and it was random. We were given 5 different scenario and 5 minutes of individual thinking, then 20 minutes to discuss the scenario.

Interview Questions

• A woman is looking for a present for her parents, but she doesn't know if she should get joint present or separate present. What should you do?   Answer Question

Christamas Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

After completing some online tests I was invited to a group assessment. The assessment took about 2 hours. The first section involved spending 20 minutes as a group going through 5 different scenarios and saying what questions we would ask the customer, what products we would recommend, any other problems we would address. Then we filled out availability sheets. After that we had to individually fill out a sheet describing how we would go through the process of helping a customer.

Christmas Temp Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Group interview, with individual and group tasks. Ask you a series of questions some you have to give a written answer, about how to handle different situations (such as a lost child). The more group based tasks involve sequencing in order of importance different tasks- to see how well you work in a team and can prioritise certain tasks.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if a young child is lost in the store?   Answer Question

Retail Stock Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Group assessment with scenario based questions. Work together and discuss how you would help each customer. Followed by filling in sheet with your availability and then individual task with more scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If you see your colleague not stocking the shelves properly, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • You have filled the shelves with stock from warehouse but notice there are still many shelves that have gaps. How do you resolve this?   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

3 competency questions and 1 technical question about the role.
    Interview was with 2 people, one of which was my line manager. Questions were relatively easy, little prep is needed to excel

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it   Answer Question