John Lewis & Partners Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First an online test which deducted suitability with the company, followed by a one on one interview and then a group interview which included a scenario based questions and case studies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience when you provided good customer service?   Answer Question
  • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Extensive online application process including various competency and values driven tasks on the JL & Partners recruitment portal (no CV necessary and very little asked about previous experiences) Make sure you revise the 7 J&L and Partners values and put them into practice when asking the online questions

Interview Questions

• Group interview - question were case study/scenario based   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

One group interview followed by one on one. You had to show good understanding and customer service by providing relevant examples. They also look how you engage with other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience when you provided good customer service?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      What are you hobbies?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

After applying online got invited to group assessment where we had to prioritise tasks and had an individual written task on how we would act in different situations. After wards we completed a form about our availability and that's was it.
    I heard a response about a week later saying I got into the candidate bank and if there was a role available I would be contacted

Interview Questions

John Lewis & Partners Response

Feb. 8, 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for your review and well done for being placed in our candidate bank. As soon as we have available positions, we will let you know.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Apply online. Answer their online questions and test and then if you pass that they will invite you for an interview. Following this they have a group interview where you have to write your answers do different scenarios that could occur.

Interview Questions

• Answer scenario questions, ie how will you prioritise in different situations?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Exeter, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Quite a long set of online "set piece" scenarios to go through, with a range of possible actions to choose from which you have to put in order of "best course of action" to "least best". This took around an hour to complete and it all had to be done in one sitting. After that, I had to wait for an email to say whether I had an interview. This was a group interview (there were four of us), where we had to prepare a hand out for new employees, rather like a crib sheet, of best practices to use in order to maximise customer satisfaction. Two "assessors" stayed whilst we did this between ourselves and took notes but didn't intervene at all. They were especially looking for everyone to work as a team and each member needed to add to the conversation. After 20 minutes, we had to choose someone within the group to present our work. Once this was completed, each interviewee was taken to a different room to be interviewed individually. The offer letter came through after about 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt like you contributed to another person's personal growth.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

long process, first group work where you had to discuss various things. Then individual interview which only had 3 questions. Took about 3 weeks to get back to me to say I was unsuccessful

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to change your working technique?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Initially I applied online. I was invited to attend group assessment and a one to one interview. The experience overall was positive and the interview wasn't stressful. Didn't get an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a one to one interview with the store manager.Which was in a relax atmosphere.She was making notes of my answers.At the end of interview she said she will inform me in next few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self   1 Answer
    • How did you handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

group interview consisting of 6 people. you are given an introduction first and a brief outline of your job role. It was repetitive for me as I already knew what the job role would involve.

Interview Questions

• you are given a scenario related to the business and how your team should tackle the problem   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.