John Lewis & Partners Selling Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

John Lewis & Partners Selling Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.5

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)).

Interview

We were placed on tables with around 7 people. We then had to complete tasks with each other with a member of staff on each table watch over. We filled out some paperwork and then had a one to one interview with management

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

You'll start off with an one to one interview with one of the partners. This should last for roughly 20 to 30 mins. After that, you will be put in a room with other applicants to complete a group exercise where you tackle potential scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly revolved around yourself, how you are as a person, interests, activities. One question was how you overcame a problem in your life, and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Interview

A group role play section detailing different scenarios where you as a group were observed by an assessor. This was then followed by a one to one interview lasting maybe 20 minutes. Wasn't too long overall.

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had to do 2 or 3 hours of online quizzes to be considered for an interview (which is far too long for simple retail job), and was sent about 7 or 8 emails; the final one of which invited me to interview a week later. The interview was with 20-30 other candidates, and they split us into groups to work on solving hypothetical scenarios involving customers. We then filled out sheets on our availability, and then finally filled out a solo sheet on what we would do in a hypothetical situation involving a customer with a specific request. The whole interview process was 2 hours. I received an offer for the bare minimum number of hours I would've liked to work, for nearly minimum wage. Absolutely not worth the hassle I went through for a month or so of seasonal work.

Interview Questions

• They gave hypothetical scenarios relating to customers to our group, and we had to think about what questions we'd ask the customers, what we can offer them, and what we think the customer is after.   1 Answer
    • We filled out a sheet by ourselves with a hypothetical scenario involving a customer, asking us what we would ask, say, or do in responding to the customer's request.   1 Answer

I wanted a full time position, and was not given the option. The whole process was also not worth it for a temporary position, and I was considering declining anyway.

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in October 2019.

Interview

Group interview, slit into tables of around 8 people. Before you start, the people interviewing are watching you so make sure you are chatty and introduce yourself to the others on your table. Given different scenarios which we had to discuss and prioritise tasks.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

3 competency questions and 1 technical question about the role.
    Interview was with 2 people, one of which was my line manager. Questions were relatively easy, little prep is needed to excel

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to an interview and chose my slot. Interview felt relaxed, everyone was really nice. First one was a group interview where we split into 3 groups and had a discussion abou a store based problem that was listened to by assessors. Then we had a 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something hasn't gone to plan and how did you fix this   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've brought change in a company   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

online application form, situational judgement test, in person assessment centre with around 20 other people. Within the assessment centre we were asked to discuss questions in a team with an interviewer guiding the discussion.

Interview Questions

• You have a long list of urgent tasks to complete when your manager approaches you and asks you to work on something else which will take around an hour of your time, how do you respond?   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Small group of us that initially had a 1:1 interview, my interviewer asked standard questions about customer service, my job experience etc, make sure you mention you’re a team player, as that’s what they wanna hear. We then had to do a group assessment, where we had to answer 3 questions, and discuss as a group what we felt were strong selling points for customer service and product knowledge. Afterwards we presented this back to the two assessors that were observing on the table. Make sure you speak up, and give your opinions, but do not talk over people, and give others a fair chance to talk!. The assessors wanna see how well you work in a team.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer complained about a product and wanted a refund?   Answer Question

John Lewis & Partners Response

Mar. 21, 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thanks for your review. Some great advise there for future candidates. Welcome to the Partnership!

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Application took a while with 3 different o line assessments but it’s not too bad. Got an email about a week after saying I’ve got an interview (assessment centre). The group activity I personally didn’t like because it’s hard for a group of 5 people trying to all pitch in, especially as you end up repeating points. There was 26 of us in the group part all together split into different groups. Had to respond to a scenario. Then the 1-1s, because of the number of people getting through everyone took 2 and a half hours, so be prepared to stay longer than the 2 hours stated. Really nice interviewer, was more of a conversation really, was really positive, said I was the only person that day to ask questions. Overall positive apart from arriving at 10am and leaving at 2:10.

Interview Questions

• When have you come up with a good idea? Who did you tell? Was it successful?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when something didn’t go to plan? Was there a plan b?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.