Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

Rigorous process and positive experience. Recruiter screen, phone interview with case + behavioral questions, excel/PPT homework assignment, then an on-site with three cases and an additional behavioral experience. While the process was time intensive, in my experience, it was on par with the level of investment required for BizOps roles at other tech companies. I appreciated how the process enabled me to meet various people at different levels across the team, which helped me assess whether the team and role would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an ambiguous problem   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January-2019.

Interview

The interview process was really smooth and enjoyable.
    I applied on Glassdoor and received an email 2 days after for a call with someone from HR.
    After this screening, I had a skype interview with a manager, followed with an assignment to be done from work and then onsite interviews where I got the chance to speak with 4 different people. Last step was a skype interview with a manager from the USA.
    Overall, really pleasant interview process, everyone was really nice and I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a marketing campaign you worked on that was successful   Answer Question

Senior Channel Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Paris (France)) in April-2019.

Interview

J'ai été directement recommandée par un partenaire auprès de l'équipe Glassdoor France. J'ai donc été approchée directement. 1 mois de process en tout, 6 entretiens, avec un retour sous 48H maximum après chaque entretien, un vrai bonheur!
    J'ai d'abord échangé avec les RH (Dublin), pour discuter sur ma recherche, mes aspirations salariales, ma date de disponibilité.
    Ensuite, j'ai eu un entretien avec ma future manager (USA). Cet entretien a été un véritable échange sur comment nous voyons notre métier, ce que je recherchais, ce qui me plaisait, ma vision de Glassdoor, mes valeurs.
    Ensuite, j'ai échangé avec un manager Direct Sales (Londres). Là encore, un véritable échange, une vraie conversation sur le métier, nos personnalités, ce qui fait que l'on aime se lever le matin pour aller travailler.
    J'ai ensuite échangé avec une commerciale de l'équipe FR (France) qui sera par la suite une collègue directe. Là encore, échange métier très enrichissant.
    Puis, j'ai re-eu ma future manager (USA) pour un point de mi parcours.
    La dernière étape a été une présentation auprès de mes homologues US+UK, le VP Sales EMEA, un commercial de l'équipe FR et ma future manager USA. Cette présentation est une manière de vous présenter plus personnellement, et aussi de présenter un plan 30/60/90 jours sur votre future prise de poste. Cette présentation est suivie d'un échange de questions/réponses.
    2 jours après cette présentation, j'ai reçu une proposition d'embauche. 10 jours après, je commençais en Irlande, puis Londres et Chicago !

Interview Questions

• Qu'est-ce qui te motive le matin pour aller travailler?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

The interview process happened in 5 stages - a phone screening with a recruiter, a phone conversation with a sales/hiring manager, a mock sales pitch, a skype interview and an on-site interview. The mock sales pitch was the most challenging part, but once you sat down and worked with the deck that they gave you it is actually a cool opportunity to see what you would actually be doing on the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one brand to represent who you are, what brand would it be?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

I applied for the Associate Account Manager position (Chicago Office) in August 2017. Overall, I had an amazing interview process with Glassdoor and it took about 3 weeks until I received a full time offer. The interview process was three steps, each of which were very conversational and with great people! First, was an initial phone screening with the team Manager which was very positive and conversational. Second, was a mock sales pitch call which I personally thought was the most fun part of the interview process. One definitely has to prepare in order to get through this sales pitch effectively, but if done right it is very rewarding. The sales pitch gives you an idea of what you will be doing for day-to-day tasks. The final interview consisted of a four round, in-person interview which was also very relaxed and conversational! Glassdoor employees definitely care about who you are as a person and helping you find a right fit! I truly enjoyed my interview process and am so excited to officially start working at Glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• How would I manage a future book of business as an Associate Account Manager?   1 Answer
    • What drives me to be in sales?   1 Answer

25 Oct, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to hear you had a great experience and decided to join our team. And, you're right - We do look to find the right fit because we know it leads to a... More

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. It would've been sooner if it weren't for some scheduling conflicts with some managers going on vacation plus the July 4th holiday weekend. I love the Glassdoor recruiters because I felt like I could rely on them throughout the entire process, my recruiter would check up on me after every round and was readily available to chat whenever I had any questions. First round was with the recruiter, basic background information to see if I was a good fit. The recruiter sent me a personality quiz to follow up after chatting. Second round was with the AAM hiring manager, went in depth about my experiences and more situational questions. Third round is the hardest, the mock sales pitch. They made the instructions very transparent, you have to come up with a pitch with the deck of slides given to you. Use your time wisely and do research! Only 1 in 8 people move on from the sales pitch to the final round. During the final in person interview, I interviewed with 4 people, 30 minutes with each person. Like most people said on here, I thoroughly enjoyed talking with every single person in the company. I got an offer the same day of the in person interview (:

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

This was the most fun and interactive interview process I have ever been apart of. The whole point is to really get to know the candidate, which many companies lack nowadays. The interview consisted of 4 steps and the whole process took about 3 weeks. The first step is a brief phone screening with a recruiter - I had Linda who was an absolute gem to work with through out the entire interview process. The second step was a phone call with the hiring manager - Come with a reason why you are leaving your current position and why you would be a good fit for GD. The third, and in my opinion, the most difficult part of the interview process, was the product pitch. GD provides you with all of the necessary tools to be successful - Be sure to practice, practice, practice! The fourth and final step was an in person meeting with sales managers/directions. This portion was surprisingly pleasant and conversational - Not nearly as intense as most interviews. I heard back the same day and am ecstatic that GD has welcomed me into their family!

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, which one would you be?   4 Answers
    • Name a time where you had to tell someone something they did not want to hear   4 Answers
    • What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you have?   2 Answers

28 Nov, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Welcome to the Glassdoor family! And thank you for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! If you're happy, we're happy :) Carmel

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I went through a typical phone screening, which then leads into a mock sales call where I had to work through a deck in 20 minutes to three employees over a conference call. From there I was invited into the Chicago office for a 30 minute interview with the VP of SMB Sales. When I arrived she told me that was a mistake and that I will actually be talking to three other employees as well.

Up until the in-person interview, it was a very positive experience.

The woman who was interviewing me started out with a brain teaser " Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slightly heavier and you are given a balance scale. What's the fewest number of times you have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?" - or something similar. I had seen the question in the past so I knew the answer, and she got upset I knew it so quickly and proceeded to drill me about my SAT and ACT scores, and after telling her I got a 30 on my ACT she responded with "Is that even good"?

We moved on by her asking me what questions I had for her to which I started with "tell me about your time at Glassdoor and how you got where you are", her response was "I'll turn that around on you, what do I do here"? After answering incorrectly she sat back and asked me if I even prepped for the interview and if I was wasting her time. Finally, after 20 more minutes of our interview, she stood up to leave so I stood and extended my hand, which she just looked at confused. So I asked if I will see her again, and she answers "Well, we'll see how you do".

Three more employees in the position come around and have more conversational questions probably looking for a culture fit. Everyone else was lovely.

They finally got back to me a few days later and I couldn't start for 3 months so the timing was off and they asked for me to reach back out when it was closer to when I could start.

It was one of my first interviews straight out of college and honestly was the most humiliated and dejected I ever felt in the interview process. For a company that prides themselves on transparency, they should be more cognizant of how they treat job candidates.

Interview Questions

• "Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slightly heavier and you are given a balance scale. What's the fewest number of times you have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?"   2 Answers

8 Mar, 2019 – VP, Sales SMB

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. As the head of our SMB business, I am so sorry that we left a negative impression with you- that certainly was not our... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in July-2016.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was extensive but very pleasant. I had a total of 7 different meetings from a phone screening, to a sales pitch, to in-office interviews. The process moved quickly which was great. Everyone I spoke with and interviewed with was friendly and very eager to answer any questions. It was great experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to...   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

The interview process with Glassdoor is very thorough and transparent. It begins with a few phone screens to understand you and your career outlook. Then moves on to a sales pitch and final stage video conference interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry level position for the training, and to grow my already existing skills.

1.) I had initial interview with a recruiter who was nice, and easy to communicate with. They were knowledgeable and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to move forward. I was asked general screening questions about my past experiences, career outlook, and personal hobbies.

2.) My second interview was with the hiring manager. They were also very easy to talk to, and asked me a lot of the similar questions. After describing myself and my career goals I was invited to attend a meet and greet at a restaurant in downtown Chicago.

3.) When I arrived to the meet and greet there were quite a few people there. It was a mix of Glassdoor employees and candidates. It was an opportunity to get to know the employees, ask questions, and for them to basically interview you throughout the process. It was a very stressful process to walk in there alone and speak with 40+ people that were judging you the entire time. Several other candidates mentioned the same thing.

4.) After clearing the previous 3 interviews, I was invited to give a sales pitch. The sales pitch was given through an online meeting platform, where I led a presentation to three employees who role played as a client company. I gave my best shot, but they hard stop you at about 20 minutes..so if they ask too many questions you have to cut them off to move forward. I did not and had to rush to finish my presentation. They will ask you questions, and you must provide solutions to their business issues, then close on a new contract by up-selling.

5.) One week after the sales pitch I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that they did not want to move forward because I did not have enough sales experience, which really annoyed me considering I applied for the position because I didn't have a lot of experience. I communicated this EVERY interview I had, but they continued to move me forward. The process was very time consuming and stressful, which turned out to be a waste of time.

In conclusion: They said my skills in all areas were very strong except for my sales closing skills, which to me sounds like I'm a perfect candidate for the entry-level position. Beware..they will move you forward even if you aren't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

31 May, 2016 – Manager

Hi There -

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your interview experience.

We understand that interviewing for Sales at Glassdoor is not the easiest. Not to mention, with... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.