Glassdoor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Glassdoor Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I had 1 initial technical phone screen with the Director of Engineering. Received an email from HR the next day for my availability to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of 7 interview rounds and were very well designed to cover all sections of SDLC eg frameworks, algorithms, system design, database, product etc. The interviewers were very knowledgeable, polite and easy to talk to and also in providing clarification to my questions and hints if required during our brain storming sessions. At the end of each interview session I was given a chance to ask questions which helped me understand a lot about the company culture and teams. HR team was very responsive to my emails and requests and helped me a lot throughout the entire process. They took time to walk me through the entire process before the interview and sent me few guidelines for the interview as well which I think was really helpful. I was able to meet in person with Director of Engineering couple of times to ask few additional questions even before I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• I cannot reveal the actual interview questions since I signed the NDA. But I would suggest brushing up on algorithms, frameworks and SQL queries would definitely help.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process moves very fast. It started with a recruiter call that walks you through the team you are interviewing with, in great details. Then a techinal phone interview is scheduled, mainly using Coderpad to code a question. After passing this round, a manager call with the team manager is scheduled in one week, and then the onsite was very considerate for me, to change to a remote one, since I have an offer already and cannot rush to SF for another week. The questions are well designed and balanced, to check if a candidate has good fundamental about algorithms, real-work coding experience and system design knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm questions (binary tree, hashmap, comparator, etc), general system design problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Glassdoor does not have any recruiter for hiring software engineers. I applied online directly on their site and got an interview call within 2 weeks of my application. There was an initial phone screen conducted by a senior engineer at glassdoor. The initial phone screen was ok but the engineer liked my problem solving skills and i was called onsite for the interview. I had 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with a product manager. I found the place to be really exciting and people there were really nice. I got an offer the very next day. Meanwhile, I had 3 other offers as well. I really liked glassdoor but I was not sure about commuting since it is 50 miles away from where I stay. After giving a lot of thought about it and after talking to the VP of engineering and the CEO, I was convinced that this is a place where I would have a great learning experience. I decided to relocate and join glassdoor and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of one million numbers, how will you find the top n numbers from the list in an efficient way   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Had two phone interview rounds followed by an onsite.

The first phone interview was with the director of engineering. She was incredibly friendly and asked me some basic questions and one algorithm question.

Second phone interview was with a lead engineer. It was much like the first interview except his questions had a lot more to do with multithreading and the sort. I didn't know much about it, but I was able to reason through the correct answers.

My onsite was with 5 different interviewers. All the interviewers were very friendly and gave me a good idea about the personalities and the work culture at Glassdoor.

Onsite interview questions were all varied, only one of them was something you could know from reading books like Cracking the Coding Interview, the rest were about my personality/drive to be in CS and problems where I had to design a solution.

The interview was incredibly enjoyable for me not only because of the people, but because of the questions. For each stage, I felt like I was having a conversation and not being quizzed.

Interview Questions

• I am unable to disclose the actual question, but it was the last question during my interview and it was simply a problem statement that had a lot of different components to it. In order to successfully solve it, it was necessary to pull from a lot of different areas of CS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very honest and upfront. The offer was incredibly reasonable and I was able to negotiate it a little bit.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty quick at Glassdoor. it took about one week for a phone screen after I submitted my resume, The questions were pretty standard for the phone screen, data structure, a short piece of code, and some JAVA specific questions. After the phone screen, it took about another week for my onsite interview. The format of the onsite interview was similar to most software company where you are interviewed by 5 people lasting 45 min to 1 hr each. Almost all the questions were coding related and about half of them were related to the position I was applying for. I was able to stay quite relax during interviews since I only had to do a little bit of white board and actually get to use a computer for several questions. Compare to the Amazon interview I went on where I was on the white board the whole time, this was a much better experience. I received an offer less than a week after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• White board a functions that finds fibonacci(n) recursively in O(n) and another one iteratively in O(n)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds phone interview and then letter of rejection delivered by email. In the first round, I clearly stated I did not want a QA engineer position. This was not apparent in the next two rounds. At the end of the interview, I was informed the interview went poorly because of telecommunication difficulties.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between String Builder and String Buffer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews focusing on my technical knowledge/level and they asked my career interests at the beginning.

Then I was invited for an onsite visit consists of product/behavior/system/experience interviews and lunch interview. I also talked to my manager at the very end. The recruiter kept me in touch and an offer was made to me with the compensation breakdown and philosophy. I had chance to ask a lot of the questions about the company/team before I accepted the offer.

I find the process pleasant and professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I got an email. Email asked for an updated resume. I sent the updated resume. Later, I got a phone call to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer called me on time and our conversation lasted for about one hour.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had 1 phone screen and 2 technical interviews. Everything was pretty standard and the people were very easy to talk to & polite. Technical interviewers were great about clarifications and providing hints.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for software engineering role through employee referral. Recruiter contacted me for a brief phone screening. Followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. It was very good, I was able to solve everything and the manager seems impressed.

I followed up with the recruiter several times for 2 weeks. I was told that the manager's feedback was great and in conversation with higher-ups for the next steps and that they want to move forward with me.

Then one day I was told that they are in process of arranging an on-site and the very same day I got an automated email through Jobvite, saying "I am no longer considered for that position".

There was no response from the recruiter after that. It's not as expected. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Aug. 29, 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience as a candidate. Hearing conflicting feedback from our team regarding next steps is certainly not an experience we want our candidates to have. I intend to... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.