Glassdoor Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Apr 2, 2020

4.1
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
Pros
  • "There is so much flexibility with work/life balance that it makes it easy to come into work in the morning(in 66 reviews)

• "flexibility with working from home when needed, and a culture of great people who love your children and embrace them as part of the Glassdoor family(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Technical growing pains: There's also(in 46 reviews)

• "The company has expanded into two buildings in Mill Valley(in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredibly lucky I found Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Glassdoor is an open, fun, innovative place. You're heard and respected here. They have amazing pay and even cover 100% of your benefits and 90% of your spouse! It was one of the best decisions of my life to join Glassdoor.

Cons

Things change quickly, which is a good thing for me. But if you're someone who doesn't adapt well to a consistently shifting industry, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Glassdoor2020-03-18

"4 years in and going strong"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

Glassdoor2019-04-29
  3. "Glassdoor put it's people first and works to protect us"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined this organization a little less than a year ago and was impressed right off the bat. They are very dedicated to their people and take feedback very seriously. Working within a growth role, it's nerve-racking to know if targets and quotas are attainable. I can now tell you. #1. Yes, it is realistic #2. Glassdoor actually adjusts targets if forecasting is off. I have never been in an organization that is proactive in this way or cares so much about doing right by clients. However, it is the last few months that have really defined the kind of company Glassdoor is. Starting in early January, the coronavirus was on the radar of our leadership team. Quite frankly, they were messaging about it before anyone knew much about it or cared. Leadership also made the decision to have us work from home and cancel travel weeks before other companies. They worked non-stop to provide us the resources and supplies we need. The messaging around this was that taking care of us and our families was a top priority. They have been flexible with everyone to figure out how we navigate this time professionally and personally.

Cons

I think there are challenges within any organization. I think the way the quota was structured was somewhat inconsistent last year. However, leadership took that feedback and modified the process for the coming fiscal year.

Glassdoor2020-04-02
  4. "Brilliant supportive workplace"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Very welcoming team. They are extremely supportive of their employees. Career progression is something that is discussed and mapped out from the beginning.

Cons

None so far that I can think of

Glassdoor2020-04-02

"CS is not the place to be right now"

Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues I work with are fantastic. My current manager is supportive and does care a lot. This has made my time at Glassdoor more positive than negative! The people at Glassdoor are all friendly and willing to help each other out.

Cons

CS leaders are nowhere to be found. They do not appear invested in CS people. Managers are not all tenured and sometimes managers are just placed in the roles without the experience. CS people want industry mentors to help us succeed in our job and overall career. Promotions are random and competencies change constantly making it a moving target. It’s a painful process to watch.

Glassdoor2020-03-12

"Putting Employees First"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Glassdoor was one of the first companies to transition their employees to work from home once news began to pop up about COVID-19. It was been amazing to see how dedicated this company has been to keeping us safe and healthy. They have provided vast resources to make sure that our transition to home is as smooth as possible. Early this year, areas of the company were changed from unlimited PTO to 15 days. The CS leadership heard our feedback and fought to ensure unlimited PTO was put back in place. This is immensely comforting to know that we have flexibility if us or a loved one falls ill. Over the past month especially, I have seen our leadership listen and make decisions that are in our best interest and I have seen my peers come together in the face of a lot of challenges. This is the company that I fell in love with and I am proud to be part of this.

Cons

A month ago I would have said to listen to your employees feedback and take action accordingly but I can now say that Glassdoor is doing this and is a strong example of how a company should respond during difficult times.

Glassdoor2020-03-25

"Just feels like home"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Refreshing to know that a company really really cares about it's people -Amazing mission -Amazing VALUES - GRIT, Transparency, Innovation, and Good People (aka eggs) -Just a great group of employees who work here (no jerks allowed, no big egos) -Feels like we are on the right track, although we've taken some turns -Offices and amenities are spectacular, especially Chicago -I love that we are always iterating and listening to feedback -the health care plans - they are good. SO great to have an amazing health and benefits packages which is not something you appreciate until you need it! -good leaders and good support throughout the org -feels like I can bring my TRUE self to work

Cons

-we've taken a few wrong turns on occasion and invested in areas that could have been better spent elsewhere, I think you can only see and know what's right in front of you though. If only we all had a crystal ball. -we've made a few mistakes in the past on territories, alignment, and roles and hopefully fixed them -all of our roles and jobs are NOT easy! It's always a challenge and often new challenges everyday -agility is something we could really work on, how to move fast - I think we are getting better

Glassdoor2020-03-04
  8. "Great Place, Better People"

Current Employee - Marketing in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the best place I have ever worked. Beyond the great benefits, Glassdoor prides itself on transparency and inclusion unlike any place I have ever seen before. They truly go out of their way to live their mission internally. The best part about this place though is by far the people. It is a collection of smart, caring, and passionate people that make going to work every day a joy.

Cons

Glassdoor is still getting it's footing post acquisition and creating the path for what the next 5 years will look like. There are the normal bumps that come with that and some uncertainty but I still am bullish on the future.

Glassdoor2020-03-03
  9. "Everything I hoped for + more"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Glassdoor continues to prove to be the best company I've been part of. I joined because of the people, the values, and the mission. Since joining, I have experienced incredible leadership, career development, and built great relationships. We practice what we preach and I've seen continued transparency from our senior leadership and beyond.

Cons

As a large tech company in the recruitment space, it's vital we continue to innovate our product and what we offer the job seeker and companies we partner with. We have transparent leaders who are guiding us through this scaling phase thoughtfully, but there will always be growing pains and areas for improvement.

Glassdoor2020-03-03
  10. "The People are the Special Sauce"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are really what make us Glassdoor. It is incredibly motivating to be working around a group of such intelligent yet humble individuals. In addition to the people, the level of transparency and trust that is distributed across the org feels very empowering.

Cons

No true cons that I can think of off the top of my head... things are changing as we move to the next stage of growth but change isn't always a bad thing.

Glassdoor2020-03-02