Glassdoor Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Glassdoor Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.4

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)).

Interview

Request a 15 minute powerpoint presentation about yourself. Following the presentation and Q&A, they ask you to wait in an empty room following it, while the group in the room discusses what they think of you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Got referred through an employee and then phone screen followed by 2 days of on site interviews. Pretty standard questions on Why Glassdoor, Why now, Why you're the person for the job. Then followed up at the end with a presentation in front of large group of future team. Everyone I interviewed with was focused and helpful. There were some intimidators you had to go through (marketing leadership in particular) but the questions where fair.

Only negative was that the compensation negotiation was rushed and very pushy. Why get all pushy when the interview process was pretty enjoyable and fair? Not transparent in the stock comp or how salary compares to others in the org. Exploding deadline was aggressive. The impact of the initial salary discussion lasts a long time and can create awkwardness with your peers. Seems like your compensation is often based on how aggressive you were during the initial discussion versus your experience, skills and value to the company.

Do your homework and push back if you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What new product should we build and how would you market it?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back in about 4 days (they promise to review your application within 10 days which is nice bc you will always hear back from them, unlike some companies). I first had a phone interview with the manager to go over my resume and talk about myself and answer some skills testing questions, then I had a take home excel and photoshop assignment (2-3 days to complete), then a Skype interview with the director (week later). They were extremely accommodating with my schedule (considering the time difference and my classes, etc) and were really nice throughout the entire process. Once I got the offer I continually talked to my manager and glassdoor HR reps reached out, added me to a facebook page where i met other interns and made me feel so welcome. Great experience.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume through an employee referral, they scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer asked really tough questions and kept throwing questions one after the other. i was asked about 15 questions in 25 minutes and it was exhausting. I did not hear back from her for several weeks in spite of following up with her. It was a frustrating experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

When the recruitment intern from GlassDoor.com called and asked if I was interested in having a 30 minute phone interview the following Monday, I said "YES"!

I LOVE glassdoor.com, and am a user and thought "How cool! Wouldn't it be great to work for a company that I already believe in and subscribe to!?"

Then I went to www.glassdoor.com and read some reviews of the company. OMG! Every reviewer entered a five rating... across the board! Everyone who works there LOVES, LOVES, LOVES IT! Who could not resist wanting to work for this incredible company!?

Then I read some of their press and I thought to myself "Wow, so much solid funding from so many reputable VCs! "Usually I steer against start ups, but this sounds too good to be true! "WHERE DO I SIGN!?"

So Monday came. My interview was scheduled for 2:30pm. At 2pm, my work phone rings. A young man introduces himself. He is with glassdooor.com. I'm happy to hear from him, but ask if I got the time wrong, as I had thought our interview was scheduled for 2:30pm. He puts me on hold. He comes back and apologizes "You're right, it's for 2:30pm. Here is my cell phone number, call me back here at 2:30pm." "Will do!," I promise.

Ring-a-ding-ding. It's 2:30pm. I'm calling. Once, twice, three times. Nobody is answering that cell phone number.

Odd, I think.

I call the Intern/Recruiter. Tell her about the mishap. She reschedules us for 2:30pm the very next day. He will call me, she assures me. She has all my contact info. I'm psyched again.

Next day is Tuesday. It's 2:30pm. No call. Now it's 2:40pm, still no call. You guessed it, 3pm comes and goes.... and noooooo call.

Sigh.

I went home that night a bit discouraged. I had been so excited. Such a cool job! Such a cool company!!!!

I make some dinner. I walk into my home office. I pick up my messages. Mister GlassDoor had called me at precisely 2:30pm. I check my email. Mister GlassDoor had emailed me there at the same time as well.

Odd, i think.

I write back to Mr. GD. "I'm so sorry I missed you! However, you wrote and called me at home. I'm at work during the days!"

No future calls. No future emails. Nothing.

Sigh.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant interview process. After an HR interview, phone call with the hiring manager, and several video interviews with different members of the team, I was not offered the position I interviewed for. However, a week later, I was called back to interview for a position that they thought I would be a better fit for. I then went through a couple more interviews and was offered a new internship position. It demonstrated that Glassdoor puts careful consideration into its interview process and highly values each applicant.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would your previous managers have to say about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The team was very thorough and took time to get to know me personally as well as professionally. I had a few rounds of interviews that were intense, but it's clear they are committed to finding the best person for the role/team rather than just filling the need.

Interview Questions

• What do you wish to gain from working at Glassdoor?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you failed at a project relevant to this role, and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I had an initial call with a recruiter which went great. He then scheduled a call with the hiring manager for the same week.

While I had the call with the hiring manager, I could tell she was distracted. She had to take the call from the car and wasn't really engaging during the interview, but she said that she wanted to move me forward, so I didn't read too much into the distraction from the call. We all have those days.

Next came a video interview with two people. I was then told that the next step would be an onsite interview if I were passed through.

I then had another video interview scheduled with two other team members. Even though it was an added step, I could appreciate that they wanted to be thorough. I naturally assumed that the next step would be the onsite.

I then received an email from the recruiter that I would need to do yet another video interview with three more team members.

At this point it had been around 5 weeks into the process, but I was more than happy to do the interviews and felt that they went very well.

A week later I was told that I was not being moved to the final round.

I was naturally disappointed, but very much appreciated the fact that the recruiter gave me constructive feedback.

So, in all, the process was 6 weeks and that we just to get to the step before the final round.

If I had a tip to Glassdoor I would recommend that they make the process, including the number of video interviews, clear up front so people can gauge how long the process would take.

Interview Questions

• We have been doing a series with CEOs. Tell us how you would create new content around it.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.