Glassdoor Enterprise Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Glassdoor Enterprise Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.2

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very efficient yet comprehensive process. The process began with a recruiter screening call. Next step was a phone conversation with the hiring manager. After that I was provided with a deck and some materials to prepare for a virtual mock renewal presentation to three Glassdoor managers. Preparation was key. It's a great opportunity to dig in, gut-check and see if this is really something you get excited about and could see yourself doing long term. Last phase was onsite interviews in Mill Valley where I met with seven different members of the team. A long day, but a great opportunity to meet/engage with the team and see if Glassdoor would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard out the number of Starbucks in Boston and explain your growth strategy to expand current market share.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the HR folks first. And then met with 2 of the members of the Enterprise team to discuss the role and get to know them a bit. After that I was booked to do a presentation based on some criteria and information that Glassdoor delivered to me. I did the presentation and got pretty good reviews. From there I met with the Senior Director for one last chat. I was offered the position a few weeks after that and happily accepted. The only thing that I would say that was a little rough to deal with was the uncertainty around the start date but once that was settled I was really excited to get started.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client calling you about someone giving their company a negative review?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Over the course of a month, I went through about six rounds of interviews ranging from a phone screen with HR to a presentation via video conference to an onsite interview. Overall, things went very smooth and I felt comfortable throughout the whole process. Looking forward to starting at Glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you could've handled a client situation better.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

One word: "Disappointing." From beginning to end, I could not believe I was at the Company I had so admired from afar. The entire experience was lackluster at best. The only upside was working with a great recruiter whom I liked and respected.

By way of synopsis, I arrived a few minutes prior to my 1:00 interview at Glassdoor HQ. At the same time I was signing-in, my first interviewer approached me with lunch in-hand, saying "You must be my 1:00 interview. I'm sorry - I just grabbed lunch." This faux pas set the three-series of interviews late by about 10 minutes each - during which time I had to verbally cram my qualifications for the role into no more than 20 minutes, while also addressing their inquiries.

The most predominant feeling I left with was that no-one I met seemed at all enthused about Glassdoor. Sure, they SAID they loved the Company; but sans any conviction or emotion whatsoever. Perhaps, they forgot that Human communication is 20% verbal and 80% non-verbal. So, if you are saying something to a person but your body language says the opposite then you're not ...

During my second interview with a manager, he stated that he would be taking notes on his laptop, but not to be put-off by it. He wanted to reassure how "attentive" the interviewers are during in-person interviews at Glassdoor - to the point that cell phones are no longer allowed to be brought in to interview meeting rooms. This was due to a prior issue/complaint by an interviewee whom felt slighted by a Glassdoor interviewer paying more attention to his/her phone than to the candidate. I replied, "Great - that makes sense."

Only moments later, a cell phone began loudly ringing as I was talking, at which time my "attentive" interviewer embarrassingly reached into his front pocket, retrieved his phone, silenced it, and stuffed it back into his front pocket. All while not saying a word. Unreal. How is that for a complete loss of credibility?! Again, it seemed everyone was saying one thing, and acting out another.

I know there are many people at Glassdoor who genuinely love the Company. And, I will continue to use the review services and job community for research purposes. But, my overall impression of the Company is - rightfully - completed deflated.

Interview Questions

• If you had 9 balls, all of the same color and size - but, one weighed more than all of the others of equal weight - using a balance scale and only two opportunities to weigh the balls, how would you go about locating this ball?   3 Answers

Glassdoor Response

Jun. 24, 2015 – Director, Account Management

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience. We do strive to deliver a positive experience for all candidates that interview with the Glassdoor sales team and we were sad to hear your... More

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in September 2014.

Interview

I was extremely impressed by everyone I met at Glassdoor, from initial phone screen to final interview. The enthusiasm for the company and job satisfaction was evident in every person I spoke with, which made me even more excited about the opportunity. I felt I knew where I stood every step of the way, and I had open communication with both the hiring manager and recruiting team throughout. I was asked insightful questions that allowed me to tie my previous experience into how it would apply at this job. Overall, 5 stars!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the salary was exactly what was listed here and the commission was identical to what another Ent AM explained in the interview.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Glassdoor position through a job ad that I found on Glassdoor. They contacted me about 3 days after I applied to do a vetting type of call. I spoke to the sales manager and soon there after was set up with 3 separate Skype calls for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Since you didn't come from the HR or recruitment field how are you going to work within this industry since most of your experience comes from Tech Publishing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple. Hardly any negotiations. I loved everything they had to offer.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter. We spent 20 minutes reviewing my resume and discussing my responsibilities at various points of my career. After our time was up, the recruiter told me that she would be passing along my info, but I would be unlikely to move forward due to a lack of "enterprise experience". I was shocked and underscored what I had just outlined, but apparently we didn't click. It certainly doesn't feel good to be a seasoned enterprise sales pro and to be told that you lack experience by a (and I'm guessing here) recently-graduated-in-my-first-job recruiter.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jan. 18, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition Partner - Sales

I want to personally apologize for your negative experience with us. While it sounds like you have an impressive background in enterprise sales, it may not be the best fit for what the team needs... More

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. Had an initial 45 min call with a recruiter and throughout the process had multiple calls and exchanged multiple emails with the same recruiter plus one additional recruiter who were both fantastic. They were thorough, helpful, and very knowledgeable, and they truly prepped me every step of the way. Hands-down, these recruiters are some of the best in the business.

Next was an assessment with mostly challenging math questions. After passing that, I had 3 separate 20-30 minute calls (one via Skype) with 2 Sales Managers and the Senior Director of Sales. Focus was culture fit and questions to determine if my skills and background match what they're looking for.

Made it to the next round which was a 30-minute GoToMeeting sales presentation (of my current company) to Director of Sales, Regional Head of Sales, and 3 Sales managers. The instructions said not to pitch a product and not to mention pricing so it was a bit challenging to pitch a concept without mentioning any products or rates. During the presentation they asked about rates, and it felt as if they wanted product information. Afterward I felt as if I had fallen short even though they were mainly assessing my sales style. The key here is to be more conversational than "presentational," which I did not do well in this setting.

That was followed by an in-person interview with 3 separate people (VP of Sales, Sr. Director of Sales, and Sales Manager) - about 30 minutes each. Main focuses were culture fit and what I could bring to the team professionally. The 3 people I met with were professional yet so approachable that it felt as if I were immediately talking with old friends. I believe this is where I went wrong (by allowing myself to be too friendly and perhaps not as professional as I would be in a customer-facing meeting).

Overall, the interview questions were qualifying and difficult in a good way. The overall experience was excellent, feedback was prompt, and senior leadership is sharp beyond anything I've seen in the industry. Unfortunately I am much better at doing my job than interviewing for jobs so I was disappointed I wasn't offered a position. I am still a huge fan of Glassdoor and can't wait to see how this company continues to raise the bar and disrupt the industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenging client and what you did to overcome the challenge.   3 Answers

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial 30-minute interview to discuss background and opportunity with Recruiter - one week later, several rounds with hiring manager, director of group, VP of Sales, and potential teammate. After several interviews with the team, was invited to conduct an online mock presentation.

Very informative from the team and was very forthcoming will questions around compensation, challenges, and company culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your best client experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotations on comp, this was not a surprise as everyone along the process was upfront about compensation

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process wasn't hugely difficult. 3 stages followed by an onsite series of 3 to 4 short interviews. Surprisingly the recruitment process left a lot to be desired considering it was Glassdoor. Poor communication and follow ups, I was constantly chasing on the next step that they had promised.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.