WorkWave Reviews

Updated Feb 22, 2021

4.3
WorkWave CEO David Giannetto
David Giannetto
Pros
  • "Free Lunch (4 out of the 5 days)(in 37 reviews)

• "They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming(in 13 reviews)

• "Company is growing and evolving very rapidly, which can create its own challenges(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great team and amazing people."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative

I worked at WorkWave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Leah (the customer service team lead) is an amazing manager. Opportunities for growth within the company. Fun company culture.

Cons

Poor communication between teams. Launches new modules, features, etc. before ready, resulting in frustrated and angry customers and tech support and engineering teams being overburdened with bug issues, fixes, etc.

February 26, 2021VP, Talent Management

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and for being a part of our incredible customer service department! Leah is indeed amazing and we are all so fortunate to be surrounded by great people in a fun company culture. We strive every day to deliver the best possible experience to our clients, and appreciate the feedback so we can continue to reach our full potential!

2. "A Great Place to Work from Top to Bottom"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at WorkWave full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Team Atmosphere, Good Benefits/Pay, open door policy all the way from CEO down to Support reps, Beautiful work office in the Holmdel, NJ office, etc.

Cons

Additional training is needed before most employees go live.

November 23, 2020VP, Talent

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! While we have a robust company wide onboarding program, we know that each department and role have specific training needs as well. We're committed to the continual refinement of our training program and appreciate the feedback we've received to date to make strategic enhancements. Please continue to let your manager and our HR team know how we can better improve training measures so we can ensure all new team members are set up for success! Thanks for making WorkWave a great place to work!

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at WorkWave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people Great company culture Beautiful office building Good products

Cons

Compensation si below what you could be earning in the city

September 30, 2020VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing your experience! Our UI/UX team is top notch and so crucial to the success of our product, clients and our company. Thanks for all you do!

4. "I worked at WorkWave full-time under a year."

1.0
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Holmdel, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WorkWave full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Bell Works building is nice and lots of small shops during my time there. - Free lunch - Game room - Growing company with a lot of great products. - Flexible working hours

Cons

A lot of company changes during my time there can often bring anxiety about your employment there. I can also add the work hostility as well. New hire transitions from your direct reports could've been done better. Making sure they feel comfortable and address any concerns from the beginning. Finally, some colleagues (and I mean some) are easy to work while most are not as friendly (even your own team).

September 30, 2020VP, Talent Management

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your experience didn't match our norm! From our structured onboarding program for all new hires (where they can meet with the head of each department to learn about every part of the organization), to role specific onboarding plans, and recurring 1x1 meetings with direct managers we strive to create a variety of opportunities for you to connect, learn, grow and share any concerns in a proactive way. While we regret that you didn't raise these concerns proactively during your short time with us, we appreciate the outreach and certainly wish you the best going forward.

5. "WorkWave Gives Me a Place to Grow and Thrive Professionally"

Current Employee - Marketing in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at WorkWave full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the flexibility that WorkWave offers and the benefits are great compared to any other company I have worked for. The environment in the office is nice - low drama and everyone helps each other and is respectful to one another. My favorite part is the creative freedom I experience. At WorkWave I can grow my skill set and exercise creativity. My ideas and contributions are always welcome and that makes me feel like my work matters for the success of the company - as well as establishes trust.

Cons

Not many at all. I really do not have any complaints - I enjoy coming to work and it is my favorite company that I have worked for so far in my career. If I had to say anything - it would cross-team communication, but that is pretty normal when a company grows to be a certain size.

October 3, 2019VP, Talent Management

That's fantastic to hear! Our marketing team is absolutely incredible - so passionate, creative and dedicated to doing the the right thing every day. Thanks for being such a great part of our collective success! We agree, cross-team communication is certainly an area of focus for us as a company. As mentioned in our recent townhall meeting, leaders in each department have each launched strategic initiatives to encourage better cross team communication and we're excited to see the positive impact of those efforts in the weeks/months ahead.

6. "A great place to work & collaborate"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at WorkWave full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the things that drew me to WorkWave in the beginning was the collaborative environment, and one year later I can say confidently that I am not disappointed. There is a great amount of energy within this company, and that is all thanks to the hardworking and talented staff that I get to engage with every day. Leadership within the company recognizes this as well, and they are quick to deliver words of encouragement, spotlight hard-earned achievements, and even deliver little surprises to help make their employees' days a little brighter (special shout out to Belgian waffle day!) Aside from the culture though, professionally I am equally as enthusiastic about the opportunities here at WorkWave. Personally, I have grown more in one year at WorkWave than I have at any other place of employment; partially due to having a great supportive team, but also in part to having senior leadership who recognize opportunities for employees to rise to the occasion and embrace new skills, or even bring a new perspective to a project. I am so proud of this company, and beyond thankful for the opportunities it has presented to me.

Cons

I strongly believe that we are a strong, growing company. And as with any company we experience growing pains, whether it be through evolving processes, the reorganization of priorities, etc. That being said, the leadership at WorkWave acknowledges this and has been very transparent with their efforts to continue to address the growing team, transformative projects, and manage the mounting potential that WorkWave has.

October 1, 2019VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing! It's fantastic to have talented team members, such as yourself, that embrace professional development and care about our clients, products and each other. We are indeed a strong, growing company and it's the passion and enthusiasm of everyone here that enables us to tackle challenges together, learn and grow. Thanks for helping to make our culture great!

"Okay Company, but seems the Good Reviews are Inflated by HR"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at WorkWave full-time

Pros

WorkWave is a good place to be for a little while, but not to stay. It is a comfortable place to be, but if you are looking to grow… go elsewhere. There are no clear career growth plans, or proper training for the engineers. - Free (Cheap) Lunches 4 days a week to keep you in the office - Flexible Working Hours, with work from home option. (Just make sure you look like your working really hard when you're there and you'll be good. ) - Relaxed Dress Code (Although, its better to dress up. Perception of working hard matters more than you think.) - Nice Bell Works Building - Immediate 5% 401k Match

Cons

There are hardworking people at WorkWave. Unfortunately, management is very poor. Management does not take the advice of employees seriously, pushes for quick features, and wants to micromanage. WorkWave was acquired by a global company and is pushing for aggressive road maps with short deadlines. This is a tech company, but it is not run as a tech company. It is run by business and sales/marketing people that do not know how to maintain and grow their software company properly. They need better technical management, and to better update and maintain their tech stack. - Hiring a lot of international cheap labor to support their software - Having hiring and retention issues. Not sure why they are firing people. - Starting to incorporate more micromanagement practices - No career growth or proper training for engineers - Management does not plan for future features properly, and priority changes frequently. (Priority changes so frequently, you question management and your motivation to complete these goals...) - Engineers are not given clear vision of desired features to develop - Software documentation is minimal, if any at all

July 19, 2019

As the head of our Engineering department, I wanted to respond directly regarding your feedback. As with any company that grows quickly, there are going to be certain challenges to navigate. Our company must evolve to support the growth, and I am confident we can work together to implement solutions. As shown by our current recruiting efforts, we are very eager to bring additional strong engineering leadership into the organization to help our amazing team members learn, grow and help us improve core processes. We also recently conducted a company wide culture survey to provide everyone with a confidential and proactive platform to share their concerns on a wide range of areas. That feedback, along with ongoing 1 on 1 and team level conversations, is being taken very seriously to determine our strategic plans for change and growth. We are eager to share those initiatives with everyone and will be doing so at a team and company level in the weeks ahead (including the town hall happening this week). We wish you all the best in the future.

"Starts well, but 100% doesn't end that way..."

1.0

I worked at WorkWave

Pros

-Free Lunch (4 out of the 5 days) -Most lower-level coworkers are willing to help you out -Some of the events that the company hosts are fun to participate in

Cons

-The onboarding process is ROUGH to say the least. You get a good start, but it reverts to startup-quality onboarding where you're almost on your own in some departments. -Benefits could be better (insurance-wise) -There is NO true internal movement unless it's out of necessity here. Job requirements are so high that internal applicants DON'T apply as they're told they don't meet the minimum. -There are no resources for you to learn how to move up or out of your position. They were in the process of creating a new structure for this, but it's just a structural change, not assistance with how to actually be better. -Once you find out your worth, you'll find that pay is not the greatest here. It could be worse, but don't be surprised if you're making less than others as a higher tiered employee. -The lack of product knowledge across the board makes it REALLY hard to get help when trying to address something (from how to market to how to support, it's a shame when nobody seems to know exactly how the newest features work besides one person) Lastly, upper management seems to be it complete disarray when it comes to the VPs. There's no communication between lower level and the C-level so nobody's ever on the same page, and it generally is very hard to get the right message about the company, its future, and your future when different people tell you polar opposites about what's going on.

August 8, 2019VP, Talent Management

I'm sorry to hear of your viewpoint. We have had over 40 internal promotions and transfers so far this year, including transitions between teams and departments, so there is certainly opportunity for continued growth. I see you're no longer with the company, so you missed out on the exciting news we shared this week that we were able to secure a 0% rate increase on medical benefits for our employees, and simplified our plans for easier use. We'll continue to share our progress with everyone in the organization through our monthly town halls and other channels as we completely agree that successful and consistent communication is the cornerstone of our continued growth. We wish you all the best in your career!

9. "So happy to be here."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at WorkWave full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company that provides great products/services. Very excited to be a part of WorkWave.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication & growing pains.

May 6, 2019VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience! Our BDR team such a talented group, and a tremendous part of our Sales department. If you have suggestions on how to improve communication, please be sure to share those with your manager or our HR team. We'd love to keep improving together! Thanks for all you do to contribute to our success!

10. "Breathe both an international atmosphere and relaxed atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at WorkWave full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, stable work and salary. Freedom to perform your job

Cons

Career path looks really slow. So, many hard working and dedicated people feel stuck and become quite frustrated

July 3, 2019VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's great to hear that you are enjoying our work environment and office culture. We actually have exciting news being shared today regarding internal promotions within our engineering teams. If you haven't done so yet, please be sure to leverage your recurring 1:1 with your manager to discuss your career path and development goals. Our HR dept is also more than happy to help you work with your manager to formalize your development plan if needed!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 English Reviews