WorkWave Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 35 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

WorkWave

Application

I interviewed at WorkWave

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Phone call, face to face (pre covid) and then a decision within a week. The HR team was very helpful and management was very laid back.

Interview Questions
  • What brought you to WorkWave.
    Answer Question

WorkWave

Application

I interviewed at WorkWave

Interview

Highly Collaborative. You get to interview with your peers in addition to the hiring manager. All interviews were via Video due to COVID. Also, how do you manage competing priorities.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize your features against the product strategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ) in May 2021

Interview

First was a pre-screening phone interview. Then a follow-up interview with two potential lower-level management colleagues. Next was separate interviews with four people (incl. Dept VP). Finally, an in-depth writing-samples task.

Interview Questions
  • What is your creative process for trying to come up with a good headline?

WorkWave

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave

Interview

Seemed fair enough. The interviewers asked lots of technical questions. They gave me a code problem to do, no specific language to use. Pseudocode was fine. People were friendly and smart. Interview was remote, due to the Pandemic, but that was not a problem.

Interview Questions
  • Solve a rather basic programming problem, pseudocode was fine.

WorkWave

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave

Interview

I applied for an accounting role and when I interviewed it turned out to be for a collections position. They’re either scammy or they don’t know what they’re going. I didn’t get an offer because I made it clear that I don’t do collections.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WorkWave

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave in Sep 2020

Interview

Interview was of around 6 rounds & absolutely went good. After all the rounds, waiting & continuous follow-ups with recruiter for almost 4 weeks after the interview, finally got my feedback as that they were perusing with other candidate. I was very positive and was hoping to work with work wave but unfortunately , couldn't get a chance. My suggestion to recruiting/Hiring team is that please don't take too long to share your feedback even if it's positive or negative.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience? Choose a product and tell us why did you choose that? payments related questions. Integration using API related questions. agile, strategy, roadmap, vision related questions. etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Point Pleasant, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave (Point Pleasant, NJ) in Jul 2020

Interview

The interview process had it moments of fluidity but some of the questions asked were not as fleshed out as I feel they should have been. Also the fact that after three weeks and three emails following up in order to hear word either way my inquiries were completely ignored which in my eyes is completely unprofessional. If I didn't fit the job in the eyes of the talent specialist I should have been treated like an adult and told that right off the bat instead of being told, "I took a lot of positives from that interview and I will reach out in a few days.". I think that the approach during the interview process should retooled to be more forward with prospective employees. The whole process was honestly disappointing because I thought I would have been a good fit, sadly the company didn't feel the same.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a moment in your former position when you overcame an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ)

Interview

Although the people were nice and explained the role well, their in-person interviewing style is a bit off-putting. They stare at their laptops the entire time you answer their questions, taking notes. It seems like they're more interested in collecting data points and reviewing their own notes later on than actually focusing on you and what type of person you are. It's a bit robotic and doesn't make you feel human. I've never received such little eye contact in an interview, ever. But hey if it works for them, that's fine.

Interview Questions
  • If this building was filled with oranges how would you get them into a truck and get those oranges to a different location. (asked in a condescending tone)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined, if a bit sterile, but concise and to the point. I was first interviewed by the office manager, who was polite and helpful. Her questions were largely focused on my basic capabilities and experiences that would help in the position. I asked her several questions about the company, the team, and the products that they offer to make sure I had the best understanding possible of the business and their needs. Second round was a phone call with the VP of the department itself. This was another good interview, focusing on my past experience and how I would use that to help manage the team at Workwave. Third round was an in-person interview at their office. The building they are in is massive, and it was a little difficult to find, but I made it without too much effort. I was generally not a fan of how this interview went, and I felt like I wasn't really set up for success (see the questions and my responses below). After they decided not to move forward with me, I received a boiler plate rejection letter from the office manager. One would think after all the phone calls, the 1.5hr round-trip commute into their office, the ~$30 in tolls, the ~3.5 hours I spent interviewing (total) and the actual physically meeting each other I would be worth the professional courtesy of a rejection from the actual VP with some helpful feedback, but I'm sure it's easier to just make some administrative professional do your dirty work.

Interview Questions
  • The VP of the department listed out 12 problems that he currently was facing, and after a ~10 minute session lightly explaining these items one-by-one he asked me how I would address/solve them. It was a bit rapid fire, but also theres the big problem that even a candidate with extensive experience would have a hard time solving the dozen or so problems without being familiar with the company and the culture. Getting an idea how a candidate thinks without any information could be useful, but it was unclear to me whether or not there was a "correct answer" that he was looking for.
  • The VP of the department asked me what my 2020 plans would be for the team. Again, given that I am an applicant and not someone who has been working at the company for the ~3 - 6 months that would be required to really form a comprehensive plan I am uncertain what he was hoping to get from me.
  • The Customer Success manager fired off 10 or so questions that seemed to be pulled from a "here are ten questions you should ask a job applicant" blog post somewhere. It was off-putting and did not allow me to form any kind of a rapport with him, unfortunately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ) in Oct 2019

Interview

The process began with an over the phone interview between myself and the senior engineer. Afterwards, I was invited in to their headquarters for a second in-person with roughly 7 managers over a 2.5 hour period.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our company?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews