WorkWave Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at WorkWave

2.8

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ (US)).

Interview

Although the people were nice and explained the role well, their in-person interviewing style is a bit off-putting. They stare at their laptops the entire time you answer their questions, taking notes. It seems like they're more interested in collecting data points and reviewing their own notes later on than actually focusing on you and what type of person you are. It's a bit robotic and doesn't make you feel human. I've never received such little eye contact in an interview, ever. But hey if it works for them, that's fine.

Interview Questions

• If this building was filled with oranges how would you get them into a truck and get those oranges to a different location. (asked in a condescending tone)   1 Answer

Oct. 24, 2019 – VP, Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience, especially since it is our goal to have open conversations with candidates to understand what inspires and motivates them, and what challenges they are looking to explore in the next chapter of their career. I'm sorry to hear we didn't have a position to offer you, but certainly wish you all the best in your continued search!

Director, Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined, if a bit sterile, but concise and to the point.

I was first interviewed by the office manager, who was polite and helpful. Her questions were largely focused on my basic capabilities and experiences that would help in the position. I asked her several questions about the company, the team, and the products that they offer to make sure I had the best understanding possible of the business and their needs.

Second round was a phone call with the VP of the department itself. This was another good interview, focusing on my past experience and how I would use that to help manage the team at Workwave.

Third round was an in-person interview at their office. The building they are in is massive, and it was a little difficult to find, but I made it without too much effort. I was generally not a fan of how this interview went, and I felt like I wasn't really set up for success (see the questions and my responses below).

After they decided not to move forward with me, I received a boiler plate rejection letter from the office manager. One would think after all the phone calls, the 1.5hr round-trip commute into their office, the ~$30 in tolls, the ~3.5 hours I spent interviewing (total) and the actual physically meeting each other I would be worth the professional courtesy of a rejection from the actual VP with some helpful feedback, but I'm sure it's easier to just make some administrative professional do your dirty work.

Interview Questions

• The VP of the department listed out 12 problems that he currently was facing, and after a ~10 minute session lightly explaining these items one-by-one he asked me how I would address/solve them. It was a bit rapid fire, but also theres the big problem that even a candidate with extensive experience would have a hard time solving the dozen or so problems without being familiar with the company and the culture. Getting an idea how a candidate thinks without any information could be useful, but it was unclear to me whether or not there was a "correct answer" that he was looking for.   1 Answer
    • The VP of the department asked me what my 2020 plans would be for the team. Again, given that I am an applicant and not someone who has been working at the company for the ~3 - 6 months that would be required to really form a comprehensive plan I am uncertain what he was hoping to get from me.   1 Answer
    • The Customer Success manager fired off 10 or so questions that seemed to be pulled from a "here are ten questions you should ask a job applicant" blog post somewhere. It was off-putting and did not allow me to form any kind of a rapport with him, unfortunately.   1 Answer

Nov. 8, 2019 – VP, Talent Management

Thanks for providing your feedback! We actually have a highly skilled talent acquisition team that work closely with both candidates and hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, rather than an office manager.
    We appreciate your time in coming onsite to meet with members of our support team, and provide further insight into your approach to leadership, problem solving, and customer service. I'm sorry that we did not have an opportunity to offer you at this time. Different companies have different needs, so our only feedback to you is to continue to be yourself and know that we wish you all the best in your continued search!

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Screening phone call to schedule a phone interview about 2 weeks later due to holidays.

Phone interview was just a brief overview of my current job and QA manager's expectations for a new Quality Engineer.

Received invite for onsite interview the following week.

Onsite interview was pretty long, 3 hours in total. Consisted of interviews with senior QA, QA manager, developers, Senior Director of engineering, and VP of Talent.

Most technical parts were asked by QA manager, otherwise it was mostly describing my background and how I handled various QA functions in my old position.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave in January 2019.

Interview

I applied for the position and was interviewed by an HR representative and three other people, including the hiring manager. It took 3-4 weeks. One hiccup was that I was given the wrong dial-in information for a few of the calls but that was fixed quickly and the interviewer was understanding. I didn't end up getting an offer but overall the interview process seemed organized and designed to provide the company with all the info they needed to make the decision.

Interview Questions

• With the hiring manager, there were many very specific questions, most requiring a 30/60/90 day breakdown of how certain things would be done. The questions were thorough but all very fair.   Answer Question

Dec. 12, 2019 – VP, Talent Management

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your time during the interview process and wish you much success in your continued career.

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Hazlet, NJ (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I went to two career fairs, the first one I did not know it was a one on one on site interview. Knowing I was not qualified for the position, I spoke with my interviewer about the company itself and it’s values. (March 2018) I then attended their next fair which I was notified a few days prior that the position I was going to interview for was filled by an internal hire. I still went as there as it’s still a good networking opportunity. I continued to apply for a position and was contacted in October.

First was a call with one of the members of the talent team to give you a brief discussion of the position and some background questions. You are sent a demo of the software you are going to assist customers with and then a phone interview discussing the software. Finally, In person interview with Vice President of Customer Service, the Manager of the department and other key members of leadership. A follow up email is sent within 48 hours after the interview.

Everything went very well until the in person interview, I felt very confident going in but left disappointed. I know I made some mistakes so I do not blame them at all. I was actually fortunate enough to get some feedback about my resume with the VP which was very helpful.

Overall, even though I was not selected, I still hold the company in high regards. It was definitely a great learning experience for me as I am a career changer. Finally, I was given a response promptly about not getting the position which many companies do not do that, so I respect that greatly.

Interview Questions

WorkWave Response

Jan. 1, 2019 – VP, Talent

Thanks so much for coming in to meet with our team! I'm sorry to hear we didn't have a role to offer you at this time, but we wish you all the best in 2019 and beyond.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave (Freehold, NJ (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter. I called her back and she walked me through a preliminary phone screen to ensure that I would be someone who could match the role. She told me that I should hear something from the hiring manager as the phone interview would be direct.

Interview Questions

• I was told that in the role of Product Owner, the hiring manager stated that he requires his Product Owner to engage with the client. The company sells pest control software and I was asked if I was okay going to a client's onsite location and being exposed to the dead animals they catch.

Would you be okay going to client's onsite and being exposed to dead animals like rats, mice, etc.?   1 Answer

Nov. 29, 2018 – VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing your experience. WorkWave provides software and solutions to field service companies, including pest control, lawn care, HVAC and maid services. We are committed to our clients, and love to visit them whenever we can to understand how we can best continue to evolve our solutions to fit their needs. This includes riding along with technicians at times, seeing how they use our products as they service their clients. We like to make sure candidates for this position have a full understanding of the scope of the role to make sure it's one they are comfortable with. I'm sorry to hear this role wasn't a fit for you! We wish you all the best in your continued search.

Head of Payment Processing Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WorkWave in June 2018.

Interview

I only had one interview with the HR representative. She asked me basic questions and she seemed to be impressed with my responses. We left off with her touching base with the hiring manager because she felt I was qualified for two roles. After waiting a few days I received a disappointing e-mail they decided to go in a different direction. I was very confused as it seemed the initial phone interview went very well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your background ?

Why do you want to work for WorkWave?

Tell me about how you turned an employee around?   Answer Question

Jun. 14, 2018 – VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your background and experience with our recruitment team! While we're sorry to not have an opportunity for you currently, we look forward to staying in touch as we continue to grow our teams across the business.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave.

Interview

Set up a phone screen with a Talent Acquisition specialist and followed up with a Sales DIrector. Both employees were very professional and willing to fully explain the role in great detail. I would recommend Workwave as a great place to apply and could tell they care a lot about their emplyees.

Interview Questions

WorkWave Response

May 3, 2018 – VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience! We appreciate your interest in joining our team and are so glad we were able to get to know you a bit better.

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WorkWave (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

There were two phone interviews that went great. The next interview was face-to-face with the hiring manager, the VP and a couple other people in the office. I interviewed with the hiring manager and that went great. The hiring manager told me there was one other candidate they were meeting with, however, my background and experience was a perfect fit for the job. I met with the VP and that interview went well. After the interview with the VP I was scheduled to meet with the Director of Operations. I waited in the conference room for 30 minutes, a girl from HR came into the conference room and told me I could leave and that everyone was called into a meeting and they would be in touch. I sent thank you notes to everyone I met with and followed up with HR. I never heard another word from that company. I did meet a gentleman that had told me he had interviewed with Workwave and the same thing happened to him. They don't hire older people. That was my first thought when I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questions. We discussed strategies about the position and the company.   1 Answer

Jun. 10, 2018 – VP, Talent

Thank you for coming onsite to interview for the Partner Manager position. We appreciate your patience as we made the difficult decision of choosing among a very competitive and talented range of candidates. We finalized our decision and communicated follow up to all candidates just at the end of last week. Our recruitment team is normally very good at keeping candidates in the loop as we navigate our interview process, but I'll be sure to follow up with them to ensure best practices were followed as expected.

I do want to address one particular statement you make regarding a perception that we discriminate based on age in our hiring practices. I can assure you, this is absolutely not true. We could not survive without a broad mix of perspectives and an ample amount of seasoned executives and employees who can help us navigate the challenges we have as we continue to scale, grow and evolve as a business. Thank you!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorkWave.

Interview

Nice people with relaxed office culture. The overall interview process was very well-coordinated. First round with the HR, second round with the SVP, and the final on-site round with multiple people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to have confidence in your financial model?   Answer Question

May 10, 2017 – VP, Talent Management

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are glad that you had a chance to visit our office and meet members of our finance team and leadership. We look forward to staying in touch in the event we find a position becomes available that matches your skill sets!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.