WorkWave Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 26, 2018

Found 21 of over 108 reviews

4.1
WorkWave CEO David Giannetto
David Giannetto
Pros
  • "Free Lunch (4 out of the 5 days)(in 37 reviews)

• "They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming(in 13 reviews)

• "Company is growing and evolving very rapidly, which can create its own challenges(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Senior Project Manager, ServMan Division

Nov 26, 2018 - Senior Project Manager in Indian Trail, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team camaraderie. Management understands the importance of work/life balance.

Cons

Because our division is new to WorkWave we sometimes feel left out of corporate events, but that is getting better.

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! From company wide fitness challenge, video accessible co meetings, to the constant evolution of our company intranet - we're eager to provide as many ways as possible for us to all feel connected regardless of location. If you have any suggestions on new or different ways we can stay connected, please let our HR team know. We'd love to hear from you!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working at WorkWave!!

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the moment I started, WorkWave felt like home! The company culture is amazing, benefits are great, and there really is such a thing as work/life balance at WorkWave! The company goes above and beyond to ensure employees are happy.

Cons

No complaints about WorkWave!

VP, Talent Management

Awesome! Thanks for posting!

3. 5.0

A Great Place to Work!

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave was named one of the best places to work in NJ, and with good reason. They truly invest in their employees, and give plenty of opportunities for you to grow within the company. Management not your thing? No problem, you can be an individual contributor and still successful here. Work/Life balance is great, generous PTO, 401k match, health insurance & health insurance reimbursement program, as well as free lunch. We literally have a basketball hoop, ping/pong, chess, and video game rooms at our new office. A few times a year we are surprised by fun employee events, such as food trucks for lunch, ice cream sundae bars, happy hours, fitbit challenges, etc. I can't say enough great things about this company, they truly go above and beyond to ensure their employees are raving fans!

Cons

No real cons! This place is great.

VP, Talent Management

Excellent to hear! These perks are all our way of saying thank you for all the hard work that you, and all our employees, do every day. Thanks for sharing your experience!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

WorkWave- The place to be!

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with WorkWave for a year now and the experience of being employed here has been a great one. Now that we have moved to the new office it has moved in an even more positive direction. Pros: Free lunch, growing company with plenty of room to advance, great office culture, good work/life balance including most major holidays off and a real focus on employee appreciation, good benefits. Most of all you aren't just a number. You can make a difference no matter what you do and you are encouraged to help make an impact, no matter your title. None of this will go unrecognized. When I describe a given week at the office to friends and family they are jealous that their employers do not run their business the same way and they wish they could come work for us!

Cons

My success and experience here in a short time leave me with no real cons to mention.

VP, Talent Management

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to have so many that care deeply about creating great products and making sure our clients are raving fans. Thanks for all you do!

5. 4.0

Excellent Place to Work

Mar 18, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, good benefits, great work life balance, and really good people. This has been a great place to be. I can't recommend it enough.

Cons

We're not very good at crafting experiences. Chasing features and not stopping to pay back our technical and product debt will burn us when a strong competitor comes around. People like their jobs but aren't sold on how what they do impacts customers.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver! We're glad to hear that you like the environment, people, perks and culture! Since Glassdoor doesn't allow for the an open dialogue on your suggestions, I encourage you to talk about your ideas further with a member of our product development leadership team. We'd love to get your additional insight on how to best close the gaps you're experiencing!

6. 3.0

Good an bad

Dec 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work / life balance, laid back environment, casual dress, most major holidays off, you have the ability to work from home

Cons

The place is full of cliques. They rather higher people from outside than use the talented individuals they already have working there. They make you feel like it is a place you can build a career but there appears to be no upwards mobility. Not really sure that upper management really knows how the people are treated by middle management. If you care and speak up you may get a target placed on you. The free lunch isn't really free since you have to work while you eat it. We do these anonymous surveys where they use your feedback to make the place better but lately instead of going over the results they go over them in a one on one setting where it feels like they are trying to see who said what. The few do 80 percent of the work while the others skate by and get all the praise. The ones thy do the work don't get the promotions though. The raises if you get one are small and for all the hard work you do you don't even get year end bonuses. We used to feel like a family but now it's more like we are replaceable numbers.

10 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Advancement opportunities are indeed available to those that work hard and embrace our core values. In fact, we had over 12 employees do just that in the last quarter alone! We are beyond proud and grateful for the efforts of all of our WorkWavers all over the world, and are sorry to hear you haven't had the same positive experience as so many others. To avoid feeling like a number, I encourage you to not act like a number - but instead talk to our VP of Talent directly so that we can understand your unique situation and offer support and guidance.

7. 5.0

A place to call home!

Oct 28, 2016 -  in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is a truly inspiring and motivating place to work. They have created a culture and environment full of positive, friendly, ambitious, and open-minded people from entry level all the way to executive leadership. WorkWave is a very fulfilling place to work because you can genuinely make a difference. There is great office morale, positive energy, and upward mobility. WorkWave promotes healthy work/life balance and truly cares about their employees. Additionally, the many perks (such as a soon-to-be brand new office space and free lunch every day) are unbeatable. I am a raving fan, for sure!

Cons

I really don't have anything to list as a con!

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

That's wonderful to hear! It's our goal to make all employees (and clients) raving fans. Thanks for everything you do to make our culture the best it can be!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Perfect Place to Start Your Career

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is a great company to work for and I genuinely enjoy coming here everyday. Having been here for almost four years, I have seen the company's dedication to making their employees happy.They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance. They have implemented the "difference card" to offset the cost of rising healthcare. They created a Talent Team, that focuses their efforts on professional development of employees. They send anonymous surveys to gauge how employees feel. This company really does want to create an enjoyable work environment, and they do! I feel lucky to work here and always recommend our open positions. Apply!

Cons

No cons at the time. It will be really nice to move into our new office space at Bell Works and have more personal space then we do now.

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver!! We really appreciate your feedback!

9. 5.0

Very happy at WorkWave!

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of pros! The company is doing well and growing, so there is a lot of opportunity and the overall mood is happy and positive. Benefits are great and the company covers a good portion of medical etc. The number of PTO days was recently increased and is as good or better than other companies in the area. Management is flexible about time off and working from home. Another thing I really appreciate is that the company is results-focused and those who produce good work are rewarded, not necessarily those who put in a lot of "face time" or stay late every day. Overall there is definitely a priority placed on work/life balance. There are also many employee appreciation events, a really nice holiday party and many volunteer opportunities. While no company is perfect, as someone who has worked other places it is rare to find an employer who is so clearly invested in their employees.

Cons

Not many I can think of. As others have said, we've outgrown the space but that will be addressed with the office move. Teams and processes change often since we are growing fast, but changes are always explained by management and it feels like we are moving in the right direction.

VP, Talent Management

We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying being a part of the WorkWave family! Yes, we're definitely growing fast - and looking forward to our new space at BellWorks. Thank you for contributing to our culture and continued growth!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Oct 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is an excellent place to work with a great office culture. Everyone working here is incredibly friendly and willing to help you. Management is flexible with your schedule and duties, allowing for an awesome work-life balance. The company is growing rapidly and has lots of opportunities to grow and to succeed. The free lunch is a great perk and the benefits package is one of the best I've ever seen.

Cons

There are some growing pains, but the management is doing a great job leading us through the transition. The current office is on the smaller side, but we're moving to a much bigger and newer space soon.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver! We appreciate the kind words. Thanks for all your contributions to our success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews