WorkWave Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 26, 2018

4.0
WorkWave CEO David Giannetto
David Giannetto
Pros
  • "Free Lunch (4 out of the 5 days)(in 37 reviews)

• "They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains I guess; we're growing quickly and need more mid level managerial support, which I'm told is coming(in 13 reviews)

• "Company is growing and evolving very rapidly, which can create its own challenges(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Senior Project Manager, ServMan Division

Nov 26, 2018 - Senior Project Manager in Indian Trail, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team camaraderie. Management understands the importance of work/life balance.

Cons

Because our division is new to WorkWave we sometimes feel left out of corporate events, but that is getting better.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! From company wide fitness challenge, video accessible co meetings, to the constant evolution of our company intranet - we're eager to provide as many ways as possible for us to all feel connected regardless of location. If you have any suggestions on new or different ways we can stay connected, please let our HR team know. We'd love to hear from you!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The top five reasons I love WorkWave (and you will too).

Aug 28, 2015 - Corporate Marketing in Middletown, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. We are growing. The marketing department was 1 person when I arrived, it's now 15 (and still growing!). It's an exciting time be a part of this company. 2. We have great upper management. The CEO and all C-levels are accessible, easy to talk to and willing to listen. Employees take "Culture IQ" surveys twice a year to ensure we are happy. Any concerns/complaints that come up are addressed and action is taken to improve. 3. We have work/life balance. Next year they've added 5 days of PTO for everyone to provide a better work/life balance. (That's 23 days for a 3 year employee like me). We also get all major holidays off. 4. We have great benefits. Along with our excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, we get $1000 each year to cover the cost of additional medial expenses like co-pays and prescriptions. We also get free lunch everyday and a ton of free stuff (t-shirts, sweatshirts, Tervis cups, beach towels, beach bags, hats, etc). 5. We have wonderful people. Because our hiring process also focuses on culture, WorkWave has created a community of great people. It's nice to come to work everyday with people who are not just co-workers, but also your friends.

Cons

I don't have any major cons to share. I genuinely enjoy working for this company and often recommend it to others looking for a job.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

We love you too WorkWaver!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Glassdoor. Our continued growth is truly a reflection of the passion and hard work of our employees throughout the US and Europe! Thank you for all YOU do to make WorkWave an awesome place to be as well. We couldn't do it without you!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great C-Suite, Great Opportunity, Great Culture

May 21, 2015 - Operations Manager in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

As an operations manager, I am privileged to work across all areas of our organization (sales, support, engineering, marketing services, etc.) With relatively short tenure, I can say that it is a pleasure to work with every department. Everyone is genuinely interested in contributing and moving the ball forward. The free lunch is a nice perk, as well as numerous in house friendly competitions and contests. The culture is laid back and work / life balance is second to none. More important than all of that though, is that this company is on the move. Well thought out expansion and growth has the company positioned to really knock it out of the park over the next few years. I spend a lot of my time working with CRO and he's one of the most capable people managers I've ever had the opportunity to work with. While I have had less interactions with the CEO, he has always impressed me with his knowledge of our business, where we've been, and where we are going. I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of this ride!

Cons

We're growing rapidly - there are growing pains. As we take down silos and add operations and processes it's an adjustment. But the teams I've worked with have been open to change and taking it to the next level.

VP

Fantastic! Yes, we are indeed growing fast - and we couldn't do it without all the hard work and passion of everyone at MDS - including YOU! Communication is something we are continuing to make a top priority - including our newly released company blog. We appreciate you sharing your experience on GlassDoor. Thanks!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great work, great people!

Aug 16, 2015 - Engineering in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for and since I've been here, they seem to be doing all the right things. The company produces products that employees as well as customers seem to be deeply vested in. I believe this is why the culture and environment at work are so good. People are working on products that they truly care about. Co-workers are motivated and up-beat. Downers and complainers need not apply. The environment is relaxed, energy is positive and we definitely have fun around the office. But the office is always professional and always productive which is equally important to me. Work/life balance is great. Collaboration is excellent! Lots of top notch talent to work with and lots of new and interesting projects to work on - engineer's paradise. Management is doing a great job handling the tremendous growth and success the company has been having. I've been working here for a little over a year and management has been open and committed to employees all the while. There are plenty of great opportunities and employee growth is not overlooked.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any downsides.

VP, Talent Management

Music to our ears! Our engineering teams are top notch and delivery amazing results every day - it's fantastic to hear that you feel you're in an environment where you can excel. Thanks not only for the kind words, but for your continued efforts to make this a great place to be!

5. 5.0

Very happy at WorkWave!

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of pros! The company is doing well and growing, so there is a lot of opportunity and the overall mood is happy and positive. Benefits are great and the company covers a good portion of medical etc. The number of PTO days was recently increased and is as good or better than other companies in the area. Management is flexible about time off and working from home. Another thing I really appreciate is that the company is results-focused and those who produce good work are rewarded, not necessarily those who put in a lot of "face time" or stay late every day. Overall there is definitely a priority placed on work/life balance. There are also many employee appreciation events, a really nice holiday party and many volunteer opportunities. While no company is perfect, as someone who has worked other places it is rare to find an employer who is so clearly invested in their employees.

Cons

Not many I can think of. As others have said, we've outgrown the space but that will be addressed with the office move. Teams and processes change often since we are growing fast, but changes are always explained by management and it feels like we are moving in the right direction.

VP, Talent Management

We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying being a part of the WorkWave family! Yes, we're definitely growing fast - and looking forward to our new space at BellWorks. Thank you for contributing to our culture and continued growth!

6. 3.0

Good an bad

Dec 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work / life balance, laid back environment, casual dress, most major holidays off, you have the ability to work from home

Cons

The place is full of cliques. They rather higher people from outside than use the talented individuals they already have working there. They make you feel like it is a place you can build a career but there appears to be no upwards mobility. Not really sure that upper management really knows how the people are treated by middle management. If you care and speak up you may get a target placed on you. The free lunch isn't really free since you have to work while you eat it. We do these anonymous surveys where they use your feedback to make the place better but lately instead of going over the results they go over them in a one on one setting where it feels like they are trying to see who said what. The few do 80 percent of the work while the others skate by and get all the praise. The ones thy do the work don't get the promotions though. The raises if you get one are small and for all the hard work you do you don't even get year end bonuses. We used to feel like a family but now it's more like we are replaceable numbers.

10 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Advancement opportunities are indeed available to those that work hard and embrace our core values. In fact, we had over 12 employees do just that in the last quarter alone! We are beyond proud and grateful for the efforts of all of our WorkWavers all over the world, and are sorry to hear you haven't had the same positive experience as so many others. To avoid feeling like a number, I encourage you to not act like a number - but instead talk to our VP of Talent directly so that we can understand your unique situation and offer support and guidance.

7. 5.0

Amazing Place To Work - Exceeds All Expectations

Aug 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

As someone who's been at WorkWave for 3 years I am proud of our accomplishments. In my experience, WorkWave, and its employees have really set themselves apart. -So many brilliant people -Great work-life balance -Collaborative management style that provides for our customers, and also employees -Cutting edge SaaS technology and massive potential as a tech leader -Recognize the importance and value of our employees (401K % match, excellent vacation time, strong benefits) -Free catered lunches everyday -Strong office culture that is supportive and friendly I'm looking forward to many more years of exciting growth with this awesome company!

Cons

I only have two: -Because we have grown so rapidly, it has presented us with some challenges which can put strain on the business but in my personal view, its a good problem to have (and solve) as it could always be the opposite - the dreaded layoffs. -There's a lot of free snacks/food and sometimes its hard to lose weight

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to see that you are enjoying being a part of the WorkWave family.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

WorkWave- The place to be!

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with WorkWave for a year now and the experience of being employed here has been a great one. Now that we have moved to the new office it has moved in an even more positive direction. Pros: Free lunch, growing company with plenty of room to advance, great office culture, good work/life balance including most major holidays off and a real focus on employee appreciation, good benefits. Most of all you aren't just a number. You can make a difference no matter what you do and you are encouraged to help make an impact, no matter your title. None of this will go unrecognized. When I describe a given week at the office to friends and family they are jealous that their employers do not run their business the same way and they wish they could come work for us!

Cons

My success and experience here in a short time leave me with no real cons to mention.

VP, Talent Management

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to have so many that care deeply about creating great products and making sure our clients are raving fans. Thanks for all you do!

9. 5.0

Perfect Place to Start Your Career

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

WorkWave is a great company to work for and I genuinely enjoy coming here everyday. Having been here for almost four years, I have seen the company's dedication to making their employees happy.They have added a week of PTO time to ensure employees have work/life balance. They have implemented the "difference card" to offset the cost of rising healthcare. They created a Talent Team, that focuses their efforts on professional development of employees. They send anonymous surveys to gauge how employees feel. This company really does want to create an enjoyable work environment, and they do! I feel lucky to work here and always recommend our open positions. Apply!

Cons

No cons at the time. It will be really nice to move into our new office space at Bell Works and have more personal space then we do now.

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver!! We really appreciate your feedback!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Excellent Place to Work

Mar 18, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, good benefits, great work life balance, and really good people. This has been a great place to be. I can't recommend it enough.

Cons

We're not very good at crafting experiences. Chasing features and not stopping to pay back our technical and product debt will burn us when a strong competitor comes around. People like their jobs but aren't sold on how what they do impacts customers.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Management

Thanks WorkWaver! We're glad to hear that you like the environment, people, perks and culture! Since Glassdoor doesn't allow for the an open dialogue on your suggestions, I encourage you to talk about your ideas further with a member of our product development leadership team. We'd love to get your additional insight on how to best close the gaps you're experiencing!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews