Wodify Reviews

Found 74 of over 75 reviews

3.4
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah
Pros
  • "relaxed dress code(in 5 reviews)

• "Work with the most talented people in their field(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Motivated and Motivating!

Sep 17, 2021 - Associate Marketing Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here! It feels great to be surrounded by a group of people that are not only motivated in their job but also in everyday life. We keep each other accountable for daily tasks and even running. It's technically location agnostic, but we have an office in Philadelphia and Denver so it's honestly perfect to be able to work from home but go into the office whenever we feel.

Cons

none as of right now

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great Company with an Amazing Team

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and company culture where someone is always willing and eager to help you out. Fast-paced, collaborative work environment. Many opportunities to try new things and learn new skills. Transparency and access to leadership. Great employee benefits (ability to work remote, good health and wellness benefits).

Cons

The transition to optionally remote work provides many benefits, but makes it challenging to get to know/collaborate with people who are not on your direct team

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work regardless of some bad reviews!!

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like others who have considered roles for Wodify, I was initially hesitant to join due to all the recent negative reviews. However I met some great folks during my interview process and they were able to address all my concerns which helped seal the deal for me. After working here for a few months, meeting and working with the team, experiencing the Wodify Culture, it's safe to say all my worries have been put to bed. Team is fantastic, everyone is energetic ,engaged, and very helpful. They are aware of the previous negative reviews and have made impactful changes to improve what I feel is already a great culture. They have an awesome onboarding process that has helped me get up and running and comfortable with the products. There is a good balance between work and life that has allowed me to have hobbies, spend quality time with family, and exercise outside of work hours during the weekday (you'd be surprised, some companies, basic things like these can feel like a luxury) Lastly, I feel a good sense of team here. Folks are always stepping up to help each other out. I've never felt uncomfortable asking a question, and I've had folks reach out to me first to teach me things. If you are on the fence considering an interview/role with Wodify. I would give them a chance. I don't usually leave reviews on Glassdoor, this was actually my first one, but I felt Wodify deserved it due to the impression given off by the bad reviews. I feel folks would be missing out on a great company if they decided against Wodify based on just these Glassdoor reviews.

Cons

There has been some recent turnover, but on the bright side, there are many accepted offers and new folks joining in the next few months

4. 5.0

Interesting Problems and Smart / Motivated Coworkers

Jun 29, 2021 - Product Designer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rating may be closer to 4-stars, but a lot of the 1-stars here cherrypick certain things, so doing my best to balance it out a bit. - Atmosphere of the company has been becoming much more positive and collaborative. This is probably the most important thing to me - Coworkers are responsive, knowledgeable, and encouraging of each others work - The problems we have to solve are interesting and challenging (there are a lot of interrelated parts of the product, different system users, and different gym types) - Autonomy and ability to make an impact on the company; team is fairly small (but growing), so your work definitely shows - Good perks (gym/phone reimbursement), nice office w/ beer/wine and snacks, bonuses tied to realistic revenue goals etc.

Cons

Startup feel can be overwhelming: can't speak to all departments, but there usually isn't someone telling you what to do, stuff moves fast, and the industry is changing a lot.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growing Company with Focus and Passion

Jun 9, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The last1-2 years have brought a lot of big changes, adaption, and challenges but the company has overcome them all with a positive outlook and growing passion for creating a leading product in the Fitness Software industry. A now "Workplace Agnostic" company and growing staff with a common goal. One of the biggest changes was implementing and playing the Great Game of Business getting all departments united to a common goal. Something that really has never happened here before in the past. It has everyone working closer than ever before and even though we're not together really building a company and team dynamic that wasn't really in place when we were working in the same office. The leaders share a passion for really trying to stand behind and create the best product out there while empowering the employees to take ownership of it.

Cons

Being workplace agnostic has its perks but it's not always the best/easiest for collaboration. When turnover happens it can be abrupt (they introduced weekly news-day meeting though to help be more transparent and keep people abreast of what is going on). With a growing remote staff being unable to meet people.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Big Impact, Lot's of Ownership, Interesting Domain

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a small company with a large, complex product so every employee gets to make a large impact and has tons of ownership. There are few unnecessary meetings so you get to spend most of the time focusing on getting things done. Leadership encourages lots of user research and customer-focused approach.

Cons

In the past there were alignment issues between the engineers and leadership which resulted in a number of issues and high turnover.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tech Company Ahead of Its Time

Jun 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've got to say, I've worked for a few different tech companies and this one is light years ahead of where they should be from an operational standpoint. Everything is about teaching employees and clients how to fish, instead of fishing for them. I can't tell you how important this is for scaling, reducing employee burnout, and empowering your clients to truly understand your product (which will ultimately help them understand any other product they use in the future). You're guided through everything, although, they will not hit the "save" button. I love that. Second, this whole operation isn't about being featured in a Forbes article or making a quick buck. It's truly about being involved in the fitness industry and being a partner to all of those participating. Everybody I work with actually wants to make the entire experience better, whether that is CrossFit, MMA or any other fitness class in that spectrum; they are constantly finding ways to make the product more engaging for athletes/students/clients around the world. I can't tell you how important that mentality is. They promote a healthy lifestyle/exercise, and because of that, everybody who works there is always happy. We have some fun internal healthy habit challenges/competitions using our very own apps. It's amazing. They even encourage you to take one meeting a day from your phone while you're on a walk getting some fresh air and sunshine. It's a small tech company, so obviously you have to be a an ambitious self-starter to succeed. Why wouldn't you want to work along people like that? They certainly provide you with all of the resources needed to succeed. Very smart people work here. You can learn a lot and be given opportunities you wouldn't get elsewhere. Lastly, they are totally transparent. Everybody has a stake in the business. They take care of their employees, truly. I come in happy and leave happy every single day. That's all anybody can ask for.

Cons

Lots of different softwares to learn for internal operations but that always comes with time.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

A face-paced, startup environment with a huge opportunity for growth

May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Wodify because I was looking to join a small company where I can make an immediate impact, and it's definitely lived up to that. It's expected for everyone to be a self-starter, eager to make a difference on the company, product, and customers. This has created an environment where you can count on others to carry their share of the load and contribute meaningfully to the company. Everyone is friendly, collaborative, and always looks to find a way to win. The employees have a naturally positive outlook on the product, market, and each other and it makes for a positive culture. The employee benefits are also top-notch --uncommon for such a small company.

Cons

Because it's a small company with such a wide array of products and features, employees are tasked with and counted on to know a lot, and it can be overwhelming to both continue to learn the business and be expected to contribute right away at the same time. Our customers rely on our software to run their businesses so any issues that come up, we need to make sure we react right away. This can also create stressful situations given the small team sizes. There has also been turnover particularly in the engineering department, so other teams have had to repeat the knowledge transfer process over and over again.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid at all costs

May 5, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be good people that work here but few remain.

Cons

Archaic tech stack with little to no documentation. Despite false hopes from the leadership team, the product did not make any major improvements during my time here. The main reason for this was a lack of a real product vision or mission. The company seems to pivot constantly in its strategy and lacks real leadership with experience. Another major con is the CEO and his involvement in the product and lack of constructive criticism. Almost all decisions are not data driven but rather are made on emotion which in most cases, is toxic emotion which leaves you feeling dejected at the end of the day. Like most people who have left reviews here, I turned a blind eye to what I read on Glassdoor and joined the company feeling hopeful that these reviews were left by a minority of unhappy employees. Unfortunately, they turn out to be true so please do not make the same mistake that I did.

11 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee

A Truly Horrifying Experience

Mar 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Individual Contributors are awesome people who are really excited about technology and joined the company because they thought they could build something amazing. The idea itself has awesome potential and is a great product that could be built out and sold with the right tech stack, talent and leadership Warming up to remote work Traditional start up with cool swag, Mac laptops, and a cool office space The company is boostrapped, so they are willing to spend any money on their employees for engagement and tools/tech that will help the day to day operation

Cons

Do NOT ignore these negative Glassdoor reviews - for the most part they are correct. I ignored them in hopes that they were written by disgruntled employees, and I was wrong; please don't be like me. This company will destroy your mental health and well being day after day, as you log onto your computer and wonder whether or not you will still be employed by the end of the day. The CEO has you walking on egg shells and is involved in every aspect of the company. Every single time you make any type of mistake, it will never be forgotten and you'll be constantly reminded of it. Everything that the company preaches about "culture" and "thinking outside of the box" is a farse. There is so much turnover not only with regular staff, but also in leadership because the CEO suddenly turns on anyone with a differing opinion. The product that this company has been building is an amazing idea with so much potential that is frankly being ripped to shreds by a CEO who is a power hungry tyrant and should not be running a business with this much potential.

16 people found this review helpful