Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.9
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work with fun talented people in beautiful offices with plenty of creature comforts" (in 4 reviews)

• "Good work environment, energetic and fun" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme" (in 5 reviews)

• "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Passionate growing company committing truthfully to their employees and clients"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify (More than 10 years)

Pros

Embracing the Wodify challenge got me to be a part of a team who is passionate, not afraid of hard work and committed to their clients and peers. Everyone is here to help and work hard.

Everyone is working hard to keep Wodify the leading CrossFit gym management software and building exciting new products to be launch soon, I feel confident that we will continue to innovate and grow in the years to come. Has an employee I'm constantly challenged to learn new skills and it's given me space and opportunities to grow so I can be impactful.

The office is comfortable and has all the equipment so you can get the environment to create great work and be comfortable spending the majority of your day there. There's also a culture that promotes healthier choices and philanthropic events.

Cons

This is not really a con... We're growing, and by growing we're trying new approaches to structure, workflows, team. We are redesigning everything and we're a controlled chaos. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're not. Baby steps and embrace the change.

Advice to Management

Keep on making values and culture pillars of our company and do not rush any step of the process.

2. "Hard work that doesn't feel like work"

Current Employee - People Operations & Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - People Operations & Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Continuous learning, good salary, excellent benefits (health insurance for employee, spouse and kids, life insurance, gym membership, commuter costs). If you like to work hard on good projects this is the place.

Cons

Decision-making often takes too long.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to take chances and make tough decisions.

3. "Wodify is my second family"

Current Employee - Administrative Support Aide in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Administrative Support Aide in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in wodify for almost 3 years, and the balance is quite positive in terms of salary, profits, company culture, office. It is a great pleasure to be part of this company.

Cons

I dont have nothing to say

"Looks awesome from the outside, it really isn't"

I worked at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice offices and perks. Salary and benefits are above average. Really smart individuals.

Cons

Wodify acknowledged that they had a culture problem and a new culture was defined. Guess what, nothing changed. The culture was and will always be a culture of doing what management wants, don't question and point fingers if you fail. They truly believe in fear based leadership.

The only reason people stay is due to the salary. No one is (or was) doing new interesting and challenging things. If you want a nice job just to earn some money, go for it. If you want to keep always learning by doing new things, don't even consider the chance.

Advice to Management

Every single person in the Management is not respected simply because they don't have the knowledge to do it, they do not protect the lower layers and simply do everything the CEO asks them to without questioning. Get true managers and give them autonomy.

7 Mar, 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really do strive to create an awesome environment for our employees and thank you for acknowledging our benefits package and our talented team.

Because we do take... More

"The culture is the cornerstone of this company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wodify takes its culture values really seriously and the happiness of its employees is becoming increasingly important, investing also in the benefits and opportunities to "grow".

Cons

Technically speaking, the releases' priorities are more focused on "adding new features" instead of stabilizing the existing ones. Not a great point of view, in my opinion (and the customer's opinion).

"Good people who believe in positive impact"

Current Employee - Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Awesome, smart and happy people to work with;
    2. Benefits above average;
    3. FREE snacks and drinks all day;
    4. Comfy office arrangement, good location;
    5. Serving the environment or nonprofit associations with our time. <3 #servewithacaringheart;
    6. Flexibility;
    7. Autonomy;
    8. Relaxed dress code;
    9. Ability to bring your authentic self to work #beauthentic;
    10. Very open work culture.

Cons

There are always cons in every company, at Wodify we have space to improve. We have been come across some growing pains but worked it out. I'm happy to be part of the family.

"Working @ Wodify"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great young, smart and happy people to work with;
    - Social "meetings"/"Hangouts" among the members of the company;
    - Monthly wage and benefits above average;
    - Free food/snacks, great Office arrangement.
    - Helping the environment or nonprofit associations with our time.
    - Very close to transport systems;

Cons

- Recent undefinition company Culture/values
    - Different Day-to-day work between US and PT Offices

"The reviews are all true"

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

Amazing team, smart individuals, cool office environment

Cons

The Founder/CEO. There is no real HR and no executive team or board to keep him in check. If he will have anything to do with your role, don't take it. There isn't a culture issue, there's a leadership issue. It's a shame because everyone who works there is smart and amazingly talented, but the CEO thinks he needs to break people down in order for them to be good employees. He has a short fuse and no interest in rectifying his wrong doings. The product also needs a ton of work - which he says he see and everyone knows - but it's been 5 years and they have a decent valuation so it doesn't seem as bad as it is. I will say, the product is decent as far as what's available in the industry goes, but it's obvious users are using it begrudgingly a lot of the time.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO and make this guy head of development or something if he wants to be involved in his product still.

23 Jul, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not find value in our leadership team. We are always striving to roll out new ideas and our company success to date is a result of all our... More

"Growing company with a great environment"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing office conditions, with a casual environment.
    You feel like being part of whole and understand the value you bring to Wodify and it's customers.
    The team has a great culture and everyone is eager to learn and work as a team towards Wodify's goals.
    The offices are amazing and modern and offer a social area with available food and some entertainment like a playstation.

Cons

There is a US and a Portuguese office so the team is divided between these two locations. Frequent meetings and great technology and collaboration allows Wodify to minimize the impacts of this.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and the Vision you have for Wodify.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

Great people - you can learn a lot from all of them
    Beautiful office
    Great tools to work with

Cons

This is a company that lacks direction, values, and any true identity. I was originally going to say that the communication within the company needs improvement because no one ever seems to know what's going on, but I've since realized that this is only a product of the fact that there is no vision. If you're looking to be hired at Wodify, do yourself a favor and ask the people you interact with about the company mission and values. I'll save you the time: no one has a clue.
    Despite the fact that none of the managers have managed before, there has never been any initiative to help them, although thousands of dollars are invested in other things - like making sure managers are taken to a multi-day "negotiation workshop."
    The CEO breeds a culture of agreement - not innovation, growth, or independent thinking.
    This is the type of company that thinks offering a barber and beer gives them a right to treat people like pawns and talk bad about them along the way. With that in mind, you'll be hired and told that Wodify "only hires smart people", but then months later you will likely witness upper level management or the CEO joke about how stupid the entry level employees are.
    The company will try to make you think their product is killing it - but it's really not. A huge investment was made in several engineering teams in Lisbon, yet two years later there hasn't been a dramatic increase in new sales, nor improved customer retention.
    “Coaching” is a common term at Wodify. It really means being belittled, bullied, or admonished by the CEO. You’ll be “coached” enough that you’ll eventually get used to this treatment and start to see it as a normal, healthy way of giving/receiving feedback. You’ll even start to think that this is how other organizations deliver feedback. You are wrong. This is not healthy, normal, or good for anyone.

Advice to Management

Get some training.
    New fancy tools like duuoo and office vibe aren't going to solve your problems. Define your company missions, values, and culture - then stick to it.
    Learn how to be more professional in the workplace. Most of your entry level employees can show you the way in case you're unsure.
    Improve your core product - it's what the people want.

22 Feb, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re always looking to learn from others experiences and improve. We are lucky to have such a beautiful office and smart and talented employees.

Our company... More