Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.8
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Growing company with a great environment"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing office conditions, with a casual environment.
    You feel like being part of whole and understand the value you bring to Wodify and it's customers.
    The team has a great culture and everyone is eager to learn and work as a team towards Wodify's goals.
    The offices are amazing and modern and offer a social area with available food and some entertainment like a playstation.

Cons

There is a US and a Portuguese office so the team is divided between these two locations. Frequent meetings and great technology and collaboration allows Wodify to minimize the impacts of this.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and the Vision you have for Wodify.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

Great people - you can learn a lot from all of them
    Beautiful office
    Great tools to work with

Cons

This is a company that lacks direction, values, and any true identity. I was originally going to say that the communication within the company needs improvement because no one ever seems to know what's going on, but I've since realized that this is only a product of the fact that there is no vision. If you're looking to be hired at Wodify, do yourself a favor and ask the people you interact with about the company mission and values. I'll save you the time: no one has a clue.
    Despite the fact that none of the managers have managed before, there has never been any initiative to help them, although thousands of dollars are invested in other things - like making sure managers are taken to a multi-day "negotiation workshop."
    The CEO breeds a culture of agreement - not innovation, growth, or independent thinking.
    This is the type of company that thinks offering a barber and beer gives them a right to treat people like pawns and talk bad about them along the way. With that in mind, you'll be hired and told that Wodify "only hires smart people", but then months later you will likely witness upper level management or the CEO joke about how stupid the entry level employees are.
    The company will try to make you think their product is killing it - but it's really not. A huge investment was made in several engineering teams in Lisbon, yet two years later there hasn't been a dramatic increase in new sales, nor improved customer retention.
    “Coaching” is a common term at Wodify. It really means being belittled, bullied, or admonished by the CEO. You’ll be “coached” enough that you’ll eventually get used to this treatment and start to see it as a normal, healthy way of giving/receiving feedback. You’ll even start to think that this is how other organizations deliver feedback. You are wrong. This is not healthy, normal, or good for anyone.

Advice to Management

Get some training.
    New fancy tools like duuoo and office vibe aren't going to solve your problems. Define your company missions, values, and culture - then stick to it.
    Learn how to be more professional in the workplace. Most of your entry level employees can show you the way in case you're unsure.
    Improve your core product - it's what the people want.

Wodify Response

22 Feb, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re always looking to learn from others experiences and improve. We are lucky to have such a beautiful office and smart and talented employees.

Our company... More

"Investors and job seekers beware, lawsuits waiting to happen."

Former Employee - Support in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Support in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please note: This review is for the office based in the US.

1) Fantastic co-workers. Some of the most talented and humble individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
    2) Upscale digs. Fancy office with full kitchen amenities.
    3) On-site gym that is free for employees to use anytime.
    4) The parties are lit. Management breaks the banks for these, they love to party. Sometimes you will even be offered drugs, although if you turn them down you will be called anything from a colorful colloquial term for female genitalia or a man’s sexual orientation.

Cons

Overall: The culture of Wodify that has been put in place by senior management is one of blame, punishment, inflexibility, and insensitivity. Many reviews will depict a pattern of inappropriate behavior, sexist and homophobic jokes, and an overall toxic environment at Wodify.

1) Senior management follows textbook cronyism. If you are willing to say yes to anything and everything you ‘might’ have an opportunity to advance at Wodify. If you are more inclined to think for yourself, good luck, you will not be considered a team player. Just do a quick web search for ‘Wodify and WOD Hopper’ to see the type of behavior (and tasks requested) that is rewarded at Wodify.

2) Management style is extremely negative. You can expect any of the following traits in your superiors; bullying, lack of response, micromanagement, avoidance, and manipulation. As an example, one VP enjoys asking to be scheduled into regular peer to peer meetings ‘just to check in’ on how a project is going. Expect these to be discussed with upper management as a form of ‘trash talking’. Everyone at Wodify is made fun of in some way by superiors.

3) Be very wary of the perks. Unlimited vacation? I took one week to travel and provided three months of notice. Upon my return, I was pulled into a side office for ‘a quick minute’ and informed the policy was really more of an idea and not a practice. Real ‘key players’ at Wodify would not take advantage of the policy and know when vacation time can actually be taken. Wodify has since updated this policy to only allow 15 vacation days per year. Reason being, no one was taking their vacation days…

4) Mistakes are well documented and pulled out during reviews many months after the fact. This is a manipulative tactic to derail any attempt at a professional and productive review. There is virtually no coaching of any kind or an attempt to establish any discernible career path. See con #1 and #2.

5) Impartial and neutral management is non-existent. Anything discussed during a private meeting will immediately be spilled to other senior management during their general meetings. This an egregious and highly illegal practice. See con #1

Advice to Management

Advice to management: Instead of keeping a record of mistakes employees make, why not focus your attention on their contributions and results. Your people are your best asset, Wodify does not need to be a fascist regime. You have to be able to see how low the morale is around the office. If not you don’t care, or you are as clueless as you seem.

Fun Fact:
    Since the beginning of 2017, 14 Wodify employees have been fired or quit the company. That is close to the size of the current office. Turnover is incredibly high and there is no job security.

If not you truly don’t care or you are as clueless and inept as you seem.

"Great team, amazing talent"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for almost 2 years in Wodify now. It has been one of the places where I learned more in my life. Not that I had been coached to, but whenever you find the need you will get to learn something new and that is priceless. I work with a great team, amazing office, really good perks and the projects we develop are really interesting. I have been working with great talent - the people are awesome, even if we have a lot of different tribes within the company.

Cons

Adapting to change can be challenging, but it is also part of the industry. Sometimes feel we need to strategize more as a company, in a more cohesive way, but we are walking towards it.

Advice to Management

Keep feedback flowing and make it relevant. Sometimes I find myself discussing issues that can be easily solved.

"Great company! Don't think twice!"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

- Proud to work with the most creative, talented, responsible and passionate people
    - Amazing cool/modern/clean office
    - Chance to be involved at community service
    - Work directly with manager
    - Get paid on-time, fair salary and great benefits
    - Relaxed dress code
    - Very warm welcome and onboarding

Cons

- Some extra hours to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always try to create something new.

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Wodify you get to be a part of a global team who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to work hard. You never have to worry about your colleagues carrying their weight. Wodify is leading the CrossFit market for gym management software and the company is building several exciting new products launching in the next couple months so I feel confident the company will continue to innovate and expand in years to come. Things never get old here and I have plenty of opportunities to grow, learn new skills, and make an impact. The office doesn't hurt either its comfortable and has great perks like an onsite gym, wine dispenser, cold brew coffee, standing desks, and an office dog named Willow!

Cons

The company does move quickly so sometimes you need to be flexible to keep up with the fast-paced environment and occasionally put in extra hours to see a project through.

Advice to Management

Consistently communicate priorities and goals of the company so teams can stay aligned.

"Work hard play harder. Here's the right place to work."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fair salary
    - Great Environment
    - Full team commitment
    - Fantastic office
    - The culture of the company is completely aligned with the product's concept (health and wellness)

Cons

I'm sure that exist some cons, but after about 6 months I'm still trying to find them.

"Great team & Challenge"

Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Challenging product
    - Work conditions
    - Talented People

Cons

Suffered through some growing pains, what is normal in a young company

"Seriously... Don't do it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people are great and the pay is decent.

Note: The company solicits reviews from employees so do not believe everything you read on here. The culture also dramatically varies across office locations, so pay close attention to the location that you are looking at.

Cons

- Work life balance is horrible, employees frequently work long hours and are expected to drop important plans last minute.
    - Management does not respect employees - Employees, especially women, are frequently spoken to in a way that is not appropriate in any environment, especially at work. Lewd, demeaning, and derogatory comments are frequent and unwelcome and unfortunately occur with no assistance from HR.
    - Management does not coach employees or help them develop their skills, several employees have been fired but received little to no coaching to even attempt to help them be more successful in their role.
    - It's been said before but employees are constantly walking on eggshells. Job security is not a reality at Wodify.
    - Growth opportunities are scarce or non-existent.
    - Mistakes are tracked and feedback is scarce - The company says they encourage learning from failures but employees that fail even once are heavily criticized and frequently leave the company shortly after.

Advice to Management

When asking employees for feedback you should try to actually listen to what they have to say rather than referring to it as trolling or complaining. If the company actually considered the input of its employees or treated them with respect its likely that turnover would not be so high.

Wodify Response

13 Dec, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate the candid feedback. We want to continue progressing and growing as a company and we are grateful to hear about your... More

"Product Designer"

Former Employee - Product Designer
    Former Employee - Product Designer

I worked at Wodify (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, with lots of talent.

Cons

The CEO doesn't have vision for the product and keeps interfering in every step of the design development, ending with a product unable to use.