Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Feb 20, 2020

4.0
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah
Pros
  • "(in 5 reviews)

• "Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow in the fit tech industry(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme(in 5 reviews)

1. "Feedback about Wodify"

I worked at Wodify

Pros

I’ve worked at Wodify in the past, and it was an amazing experience that really allowed me to grow as a professional, make part of nice team, the office was very central, clean, and a pleasant place to work, with all the necessary tools available for the employees. I’m really thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

However, I was fired due to a restructuring in the company, what I completely understand, despite the fact that the restructuring wasn’t made in the best way, since the Marketing Team on PT Office has no importance for the business or the company's growth, systematically developing a dubious work with little added value for the team or company. What Wodify needed the most was a competent and vast team of capable engineers, not to maintain a doubtfully necessary Marketing Team that apparently only suits to waste company’s resources.

Wodify2020-02-07
  2. "Unstable environment and Disappointing!!"

Former Employee - Developer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of colleagues; Salary isn't bad; Good team environment; Benefits are good; Relaxed dress code; Paid on time.

Cons

The job instability (you never know if tomorrow you will work there), you can't do anything wrong... Lack of focus from the management. We didn't had a HR. Too much gossip..

Wodify2020-02-20

"Unstable environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary Good team environment Constant team bulding events

Cons

Job instability and lack of focus from management

Wodify2019-10-19

"Falls short of being an ideal job"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The office and job perks are great. * Above market salary (in Portugal). * Rewarding work - one person can make an impact. * Product has lots of potential. * Very friendly colleagues. * Impeccable on-boarding and off-boarding.

Cons

* Management is somewhat inexperienced, which leads to sometimes incoherent goals, incoherent decisions and lack of long term vision. * The company is chronically understaffed. * Shareholders are unwilling to accept investment, which means the vested shares employees get are meaningless and that the company is very vulnerable to its competitors that are getting large investments.

Wodify2019-08-12

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great people"

Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing team of talented, passionate, and fun individuals who all genuinely care about our customers and doing meaningful work. - Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow in the fit tech industry. Uniquely positioned as a bootstrapped SaaS company, able to make long-term strategic decisions and control our own destiny. - A product that users care about. Thousands of entrepreneurs around the world rely on Wodify to run their business, so you feel like you're working on something that has real impact. - Multi-culture team in US & Lisbon makes for a diverse team. - Offices are decked out and relaxed work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

- Relatively inexperienced exec team - Bootstrapped can mean less resources than competitors - Fast-paced + every team member having a lot of responsibility can mean long hours sometimes - We aren't allowed to bring dogs to the office YET!

Wodify2019-07-12

"On to something great!"

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

The company has really turned a corner over the last year. Management is very open to new thinking and employee and customer feedback. We're constantly trying to improve and are constantly reinvesting in hiring and making the company more scalable.

Cons

There is still some figuring things out as we go and some of the changes and hiring are taking some time.

Wodify2019-07-11

"Hard work that doesn't feel like work"

Current Employee - People Operations & Office Manager in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continuous learning, good salary, excellent benefits (health insurance for employee, spouse and kids, life insurance, gym membership, commuter costs). If you like to work hard on good projects this is the place.

Cons

Decision-making often takes too long.

Wodify2019-03-26

"Wodify is my second family"

Current Employee - Administrative Support Aide in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been in wodify for almost 3 years, and the balance is quite positive in terms of salary, profits, company culture, office. It is a great pleasure to be part of this company.

Cons

I dont have nothing to say

Wodify2019-03-26

"The culture is the cornerstone of this company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wodify takes its culture values really seriously and the happiness of its employees is becoming increasingly important, investing also in the benefits and opportunities to "grow".

Cons

Technically speaking, the releases' priorities are more focused on "adding new features" instead of stabilizing the existing ones. Not a great point of view, in my opinion (and the customer's opinion).

Wodify2019-02-01

"Looks awesome from the outside, it really isn't"

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really nice offices and perks. Salary and benefits are above average. Really smart individuals.

Cons

Wodify acknowledged that they had a culture problem and a new culture was defined. Guess what, nothing changed. The culture was and will always be a culture of doing what management wants, don't question and point fingers if you fail. They truly believe in fear based leadership. The only reason people stay is due to the salary. No one is (or was) doing new interesting and challenging things. If you want a nice job just to earn some money, go for it. If you want to keep always learning by doing new things, don't even consider the chance.

Wodify2019-03-01

Wodify Response

March 7, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really do strive to create an awesome environment for our employees and thank you for acknowledging our benefits package and our talented team. Because we do take employee feedback seriously, our company culture is an evolving work in progress. Internally, we have improved by executing regular culture activities (8 so far this year), we added monthly all-hands meetings, we created an intranet page to increase company-wide communication, and we’re hiring candidates based on our core values. While we still have a long way to go, we hope these changes are not going unnoticed. We’ve also made a ton of strides towards more autonomous work, although it isn’t perfect, it does take some time to get there (Zappos has been working on holacracy for over 5 years). We value and respect every single employee at Wodify and we are sorry to hear you didn’t feel challenged in your role during the time you were with here. We wish you all the best.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 54 reviews