Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 51 reviews

4.1
Wodify CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah
Pros
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow in the fit tech industry(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme(in 5 reviews)

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great people"

Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing team of talented, passionate, and fun individuals who all genuinely care about our customers and doing meaningful work. - Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow in the fit tech industry. Uniquely positioned as a bootstrapped SaaS company, able to make long-term strategic decisions and control our own destiny. - A product that users care about. Thousands of... entrepreneurs around the world rely on Wodify to run their business, so you feel like you're working on something that has real impact. - Multi-culture team in US & Lisbon makes for a diverse team. - Offices are decked out and relaxed work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

- Relatively inexperienced exec team - Bootstrapped can mean less resources than competitors - Fast-paced + every team member having a lot of responsibility can mean long hours sometimes - We aren't allowed to bring dogs to the office YET!

Wodify2019-07-12
  2. "Falls short of being an ideal job"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The office and job perks are great. * Above market salary (in Portugal). * Rewarding work - one person can make an impact. * Product has lots of potential. * Very friendly colleagues. * Impeccable on-boarding and off-boarding.

Cons

* Management is somewhat inexperienced, which leads to sometimes incoherent goals, incoherent decisions and lack of long term vision. * The company is chronically understaffed. * Shareholders are unwilling to accept investment, which means the vested shares employees get are meaningless and that the company is very vulnerable to its competitors that are getting large investments.

Wodify2019-08-12

"On to something great!"

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

The company has really turned a corner over the last year. Management is very open to new thinking and employee and customer feedback. We're constantly trying to improve and are constantly reinvesting in hiring and making the company more scalable.

Cons

There is still some figuring things out as we go and some of the changes and hiring are taking some time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I think you're on the right track and I'm looking forward to where the next year takes us.

Wodify2019-07-11

"Hard work that doesn't feel like work"

Current Employee - People Operations & Office Manager in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continuous learning, good salary, excellent benefits (health insurance for employee, spouse and kids, life insurance, gym membership, commuter costs). If you like to work hard on good projects this is the place.

Cons

Decision-making often takes too long.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to take chances and make tough decisions.

Wodify2019-03-26

"Wodify is my second family"

Current Employee - Administrative Support Aide in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been in wodify for almost 3 years, and the balance is quite positive in terms of salary, profits, company culture, office. It is a great pleasure to be part of this company.

Cons

I dont have nothing to say

Wodify2019-03-26

"The culture is the cornerstone of this company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wodify takes its culture values really seriously and the happiness of its employees is becoming increasingly important, investing also in the benefits and opportunities to "grow".

Cons

Technically speaking, the releases' priorities are more focused on "adding new features" instead of stabilizing the existing ones. Not a great point of view, in my opinion (and the customer's opinion).

Wodify2019-02-01

"Looks awesome from the outside, it really isn't"

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really nice offices and perks. Salary and benefits are above average. Really smart individuals.

Cons

Wodify acknowledged that they had a culture problem and a new culture was defined. Guess what, nothing changed. The culture was and will always be a culture of doing what management wants, don't question and point fingers if you fail. They truly believe in fear based leadership. The only reason people stay is due to the salary. No one is (or was) doing new interesting and challenging things. If you want a nice... job just to earn some money, go for it. If you want to keep always learning by doing new things, don't even consider the chance.

Advice to Management

Every single person in the Management is not respected simply because they don't have the knowledge to do it, they do not protect the lower layers and simply do everything the CEO asks them to without questioning. Get true managers and give them autonomy.

Wodify2019-03-01

Wodify Response

March 7, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really do strive to create an awesome environment for our employees and thank you for acknowledging our benefits package and our talented team. Because we do take employee feedback seriously, our company culture is an evolving work in progress. Internally, we have improved by executing regular culture activities (8 so far this year), we added monthly all-hands meetings, we created an intranet page to increase company-wide communication, and we’re hiring candidates based on our core values. While we still have a long way to go, we hope these changes are not going unnoticed. We’ve also made a ton of strides towards more autonomous work, although it isn’t perfect, it does take some time to get there (Zappos has been working on holacracy for over 5 years). We value and respect every single employee at Wodify and we are sorry to hear you didn’t feel challenged in your role during the time you were with here. We wish you all the best.

"Good people who believe in positive impact"

Current Employee - Designer in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Awesome, smart and happy people to work with; 2. Benefits above average; 3. FREE snacks and drinks all day; 4. Comfy office arrangement, good location; 5. Serving the environment or nonprofit associations with our time. <3 #servewithacaringheart; 6. Flexibility; 7. Autonomy; 8. Relaxed dress code; 9. Ability to bring your authentic self to work #beauthentic; 10. Very open work culture.

Cons

There are always cons in every company, at Wodify we have space to improve. We have been come across some growing pains but worked it out. I'm happy to be part of the family.

Wodify2019-01-10

"Passionate growing company committing truthfully to their employees and clients"

Senior Digital Designer in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify for more than 10 years

Pros

Embracing the Wodify challenge got me to be a part of a team who is passionate, not afraid of hard work and committed to their clients and peers. Everyone is here to help and work hard. Everyone is working hard to keep Wodify the leading CrossFit gym management software and building exciting new products to be launch soon, I feel confident that we will continue to innovate and grow in the years to come. Has an... employee I'm constantly challenged to learn new skills and it's given me space and opportunities to grow so I can be impactful. The office is comfortable and has all the equipment so you can get the environment to create great work and be comfortable spending the majority of your day there. There's also a culture that promotes healthier choices and philanthropic events.

Cons

This is not really a con... We're growing, and by growing we're trying new approaches to structure, workflows, team. We are redesigning everything and we're a controlled chaos. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're not. Baby steps and embrace the change.

Advice to Management

Keep on making values and culture pillars of our company and do not rush any step of the process.

Wodify2018-07-11

"Working @ Wodify"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great young, smart and happy people to work with; - Social "meetings"/"Hangouts" among the members of the company; - Monthly wage and benefits above average; - Free food/snacks, great Office arrangement. - Helping the environment or nonprofit associations with our time. - Very close to transport systems;

Cons

- Recent undefinition company Culture/values - Different Day-to-day work between US and PT Offices

Wodify2018-07-02