Wodify Reviews

3.6
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah
Pros
Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme(in 5 reviews)

"Great people, challenging work."

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, challenging work, lots of benefits.

Cons

Lots of instability. We tried to build a company culture but for some reason it did not stick.

Continue reading

"The company's culture is just to look beautiful, but none of this is true."

Former Employee - Front End Developer

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary, good conditions, good co-workers, fantastic offices.

Cons

Initially the company seems like a dream of a place, with all the good conditions and spaces. She suffered a bad time and became obsessed with forcibly creating a culture and forcing employees to live it. Not all people felt good and some ended up leaving. Every day or almost all, they make you feel special, that you are part of the company but from one moment to the next they decided to dismiss everyone from an office for no apparent reason. They claimed that it was to avoid bankruptcy and were never transparent in that regard, they never previously warned of the company's situation. The great defect of this company is the strong intervention of the CEO who ends up interfering in everything and always making decisions and not trusting his employees.

"Run for your life, the CEO will make your life miserable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Wodify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great salary, cool office, great benefits. People who don't report to the CEO are very pleasant, talented people to work with.

Cons

The CEO will make your life at wodify a living hell. He likes to fire people on a whim, verbally goes off on people without warning, and worst of all he has unclear and changing expectations of everything from project goals to when people return from vacations. I have seen people fired for not returning mid-vacation for something that was far from an emergency, just to give you an example. If you don't trust my single review, I get it - read the previous reviews while ignoring the short, glowing reviews of the company with very little specifics all written with a day of each other. The CEO has demanded these fake reviews periodically from employees to artificially boost their numbers ... do your due diligence before joining this company and read through some of them.

Continue reading
  4. "Feedback about Wodify"

4.0

I worked at Wodify

Pros

I’ve worked at Wodify in the past, and it was an amazing experience that really allowed me to grow as a professional, make part of nice team, the office was very central, clean, and a pleasant place to work, with all the necessary tools available for the employees. I’m really thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

However, I was fired due to a restructuring in the company, what I completely understand, despite the fact that the restructuring wasn’t made in the best way, since the Marketing Team on PT Office has no importance for the business or the company's growth, systematically developing a dubious work with little added value for the team or company. What Wodify needed the most was a competent and vast team of capable engineers, not to maintain a doubtfully necessary Marketing Team that apparently only suits to waste company’s resources.

"Unstable environment and Disappointing!!"

Former Employee - Developer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of colleagues; Salary isn't bad; Good team environment; Benefits are good; Relaxed dress code; Paid on time.

Cons

The job instability (you never know if tomorrow you will work there), you can't do anything wrong... Lack of focus from the management. We didn't had a HR. Too much gossip..

"Unstable environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary Good team environment Constant team bulding events

Cons

Job instability and lack of focus from management

"Falls short of being an ideal job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The office and job perks are great. * Above market salary (in Portugal). * Rewarding work - one person can make an impact. * Product has lots of potential. * Very friendly colleagues. * Impeccable on-boarding and off-boarding.

Cons

* Management is somewhat inexperienced, which leads to sometimes incoherent goals, incoherent decisions and lack of long term vision. * The company is chronically understaffed. * Shareholders are unwilling to accept investment, which means the vested shares employees get are meaningless and that the company is very vulnerable to its competitors that are getting large investments.

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great people"

Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing team of talented, passionate, and fun individuals who all genuinely care about our customers and doing meaningful work. - Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow in the fit tech industry. Uniquely positioned as a bootstrapped SaaS company, able to make long-term strategic decisions and control our own destiny. - A product that users care about. Thousands of entrepreneurs around the world rely on Wodify to run their business, so you feel like you're working on something that has real impact. - Multi-culture team in US & Lisbon makes for a diverse team. - Offices are decked out and relaxed work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

- Relatively inexperienced exec team - Bootstrapped can mean less resources than competitors - Fast-paced + every team member having a lot of responsibility can mean long hours sometimes - We aren't allowed to bring dogs to the office YET!

"On to something great!"

5.0

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

The company has really turned a corner over the last year. Management is very open to new thinking and employee and customer feedback. We're constantly trying to improve and are constantly reinvesting in hiring and making the company more scalable.

Cons

There is still some figuring things out as we go and some of the changes and hiring are taking some time.

Continue reading

"Hard work that doesn't feel like work"

Current Employee - People Operations & Office Manager in Lisbon

I have been working at Wodify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continuous learning, good salary, excellent benefits (health insurance for employee, spouse and kids, life insurance, gym membership, commuter costs). If you like to work hard on good projects this is the place.

Cons

Decision-making often takes too long.

Found 57 reviews