Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.1
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Work hard play harder. Here's the right place to work."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fair salary
    - Great Environment
    - Full team commitment
    - Fantastic office
    - The culture of the company is completely aligned with the product's concept (health and wellness)

Cons

I'm sure that exist some cons, but after about 6 months I'm still trying to find them.

2. "Great team & Challenge"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Challenging product
    - Work conditions
    - Talented People

Cons

Suffered through some growing pains, what is normal in a young company

3. "Fast-paced, challenging, and great team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Wodify you get to be a part of a global team who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to work hard. You never have to worry about your colleagues carrying their weight. Wodify is leading the CrossFit market for gym management software and the company is building several exciting new products launching in the next couple months so I feel confident the company will continue to innovate and expand in years to come. Things never get old here and I have plenty of opportunities to grow, learn new skills, and make an impact. The office doesn't hurt either its comfortable and has great perks like an onsite gym, wine dispenser, cold brew coffee, standing desks, and an office dog named Willow!

Cons

The company does move quickly so sometimes you need to be flexible to keep up with the fast-paced environment and occasionally put in extra hours to see a project through.

Advice to Management

Consistently communicate priorities and goals of the company so teams can stay aligned.

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first startup environment I've ever worked in and it's not for everybody... But coming from some big corporations where my daily work never really seemed to matter that much, being in a company where I can fell my impact is a huge win for me and it truly makes a difference. Plus, I love all the different personalities!

Cons

Some people complain about nothing and that can spoil the otherwise fantastic energy in the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to give negative feedback in an open and constructive way.

26 Oct, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks so much for the positive review. We're so glad to hear you enjoy the team and the environment! We appreciate the advice on constructive feedback and we'll work to keep it as a priority!... More

"Become owner"

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

At Wodify I would point out three leading values: fast pace, project ownership and people talent. Its fitness culture drives the company, allows employees to create valuable content, connected with sports, while benefiting and extending this attitude to their personal lives. The architecture of the office space and the people, create an amazing working atmosphere.

Cons

The balance between an approach to tasks and having to prepare long run projects could use some work.

Advice to Management

Plan outdoor activities that encourages team members to share different experiences, that may create new bonds between colleagues.

26 Oct, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedback! We're glad to hear the working atmosphere is amazing, that's definitely what we're striving for. We'll certainly... More

"Great company and great people!"

Current Employee - UI Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - UI Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

- Work with the most talented people in their field. You know you’ll be working with the best ones.
    - I feel very welcome here since my first day.
    - Good work environment, energetic and fun. We all feel that we are part of a team.
    - The company's team managers are always available. You can ask anything knowing that you will be heard.
    - Work life balance is easy to manage.
    - Good salary and great benefits.
    - Beautiful offices.
    - The opportunity to be involved with our community through Wodify “Givve” events.

Cons

- Some times there's the need for more crazy hours. For me, this is not a real issue but for some people, this may be a problem.
    - A fast changing environment, we need to have the ability to switch to a different project easily when requested.

Advice to Management

Not much to say here, but keep the great energy environment in the office and always hear what every employee have to say.

17 Aug, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience working at Wodify! It is great to hear you are happy working with your team in this environment! We’re very proud of our talented team members... More

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Challenging job with the possibility to learn
    - Great colleagues and relaxed environment
    - Amazing offices with top equipment
    - Great salary + nice perks (gym, health insurance, life insurance, parking, etc)
    - No problems with scheduling vacations :)
    - Super easy onboarding in terms of general processes within the company

Cons

Since the company has some rotation in terms of hiring new employees I'm struggling with having super helpful colleagues, but that have very few experience with the product or the same as I have (less than 6 months) and this leads to taking double the time needed.

Advice to Management

Improve the process of learning how to use the actual product and bring more awareness of the middle term goals of the product to the team.

17 Aug, 2017 – HR Manager

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback! We’re glad you’re enjoying the office, the team, and the job! As a young company, we make every effort around finding the right... More

"It's all about ownership!"

Current Employee - Administrative Support Aide in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Administrative Support Aide in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wodify offers all you need to feel well and accomplished!
    You will find yourself working with excellent working tools in magnificent office facilities.
    Wodify is a company that bets on your work-life balance, where you are asked to run the extra-mile being highly rewarded at the finish line. You can also take advantage of the several employee benefits and outside activities Wodify has to offer.
    The senior management is deeply involved, always taking a close look on your personal development and offering you good career prospects.
    Highly recommended!

Cons

i have nothing to say

17 Aug, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks so much for the positive review! We are so happy to hear you've had a great experience working at Wodify. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

"With a grain of salt..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify (Less than a year)

Pros

While the pros may be few and far between, there are certainly some here that can be seen at face value.
    -Casual work attire
    -Good pay and insurance benefits
    -Snacks, beer, and wine in the office
    -Some of the best and brighest peers to ever have been assembled
    -Comfortable office setting
    -Good exposure to different skill sets and tools. You probably won't be taught them, but good to keep in your back pocket to develop later in your free time.

Cons

-As other reviews have stated in the past, you can't help but feel the pressure of "walking on eggshell". It's not just from the management, but the product itself. Aside from not knowing 'who' will shut you down this week, you'll worry just as much about what will go wrong with a deployment to create a whole new set of issues to resonate through and interrupt your routine.

-While they say they do, management never seems to learn from their past mistakes. Often repeating the same tropes and mishaps while constantly reassuring that, "we'll never make that mistake again."

-Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme. Good luck trying to find a daily regiment; you''ll be married to this job and the office. Even when you get home, you'll still bring your work home with you. Completely understand overtime on occasion, but your time simply isn't valued as an employee.

-Plans hardly stay steady - expect to usually completely change direction with any project or task you're working on. Key phrases Wodify will use like "staying agile" really seems implied to mean something else...

In addition:
    -No training with a "trial by fire"/"thrown to the wolves" mentality.

-No room for growth or advancement.

-No HR department.

-Management isn't open to criticism.

-Lack of transparency between among departments and management.

Advice to Management

Be genuinely open to feedback and criticism. It's a shame that people love this company and what the product can be, but they're ultimately terrified of repercussions if they go providing real feedback. If you really want to grow you're going to have to be open to change, new ideas, and different ways of doing things. People will need to specialize and you will have to leverage new talents and skills. Just because you've always done something one way for a while and it's your gut feeling, doesn't mean it works.

As far as these "A players" would be concerned that you pride yourself with, either use them or stop hiring them. It's a shame the amount of talent in this company that get squandered by poor planning and poor decision making.

By the way, stop being concerned with the "who" of these kinds of reviews. Learn, grow, and progress.

26 Oct, 2017 – HR Manager

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our company! Our apologies for the delayed response.

Thanks for the list of pros! We are very proud of the talented people that make up our... More

"Great product and company"

Current Employee - Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The vision, the product, colleagues and teams, the fast development pace, working conditions and benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the development pace is too fast and quality might be compromised.

Advice to Management

Involve more people from Dev and QA in the initial brainstormings and feature specification meetings.