Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.0
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great team, amazing talent"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for almost 2 years in Wodify now. It has been one of the places where I learned more in my life. Not that I had been coached to, but whenever you find the need you will get to learn something new and that is priceless. I work with a great team, amazing office, really good perks and the projects we develop are really interesting. I have been working with great talent - the people are awesome, even if we have a lot of different tribes within the company.

Cons

Adapting to change can be challenging, but it is also part of the industry. Sometimes feel we need to strategize more as a company, in a more cohesive way, but we are walking towards it.

Advice to Management

Keep feedback flowing and make it relevant. Sometimes I find myself discussing issues that can be easily solved.

"Great company! Don't think twice!"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

- Proud to work with the most creative, talented, responsible and passionate people
    - Amazing cool/modern/clean office
    - Chance to be involved at community service
    - Work directly with manager
    - Get paid on-time, fair salary and great benefits
    - Relaxed dress code
    - Very warm welcome and onboarding

Cons

- Some extra hours to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always try to create something new.

"Work hard play harder. Here's the right place to work."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fair salary
    - Great Environment
    - Full team commitment
    - Fantastic office
    - The culture of the company is completely aligned with the product's concept (health and wellness)

Cons

I'm sure that exist some cons, but after about 6 months I'm still trying to find them.

"Great team & Challenge"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Challenging product
    - Work conditions
    - Talented People

Cons

Suffered through some growing pains, what is normal in a young company

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Wodify you get to be a part of a global team who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to work hard. You never have to worry about your colleagues carrying their weight. Wodify is leading the CrossFit market for gym management software and the company is building several exciting new products launching in the next couple months so I feel confident the company will continue to innovate and expand in years to come. Things never get old here and I have plenty of opportunities to grow, learn new skills, and make an impact. The office doesn't hurt either its comfortable and has great perks like an onsite gym, wine dispenser, cold brew coffee, standing desks, and an office dog named Willow!

Cons

The company does move quickly so sometimes you need to be flexible to keep up with the fast-paced environment and occasionally put in extra hours to see a project through.

Advice to Management

Consistently communicate priorities and goals of the company so teams can stay aligned.

"Product Designer"

Former Employee - Product Designer
    Former Employee - Product Designer

I worked at Wodify (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, with lots of talent.

Cons

The CEO doesn't have vision for the product and keeps interfering in every step of the design development, ending with a product unable to use.

"Seriously... Don't do it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people are great and the pay is decent.

Note: The company solicits reviews from employees so do not believe everything you read on here. The culture also dramatically varies across office locations, so pay close attention to the location that you are looking at.

Cons

- Work life balance is horrible, employees frequently work long hours and are expected to drop important plans last minute.
    - Management does not respect employees - Employees, especially women, are frequently spoken to in a way that is not appropriate in any environment, especially at work. Lewd, demeaning, and derogatory comments are frequent and unwelcome and unfortunately occur with no assistance from HR.
    - Management does not coach employees or help them develop their skills, several employees have been fired but received little to no coaching to even attempt to help them be more successful in their role.
    - It's been said before but employees are constantly walking on eggshells. Job security is not a reality at Wodify.
    - Growth opportunities are scarce or non-existent.
    - Mistakes are tracked and feedback is scarce - The company says they encourage learning from failures but employees that fail even once are heavily criticized and frequently leave the company shortly after.

Advice to Management

When asking employees for feedback you should try to actually listen to what they have to say rather than referring to it as trolling or complaining. If the company actually considered the input of its employees or treated them with respect its likely that turnover would not be so high.

13 Dec, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate the candid feedback. We want to continue progressing and growing as a company and we are grateful to hear about your... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first startup environment I've ever worked in and it's not for everybody... But coming from some big corporations where my daily work never really seemed to matter that much, being in a company where I can fell my impact is a huge win for me and it truly makes a difference. Plus, I love all the different personalities!

Cons

Some people complain about nothing and that can spoil the otherwise fantastic energy in the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to give negative feedback in an open and constructive way.

26 Oct, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks so much for the positive review. We're so glad to hear you enjoy the team and the environment! We appreciate the advice on constructive feedback and we'll work to keep it as a priority!... More

"Become owner"

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

At Wodify I would point out three leading values: fast pace, project ownership and people talent. Its fitness culture drives the company, allows employees to create valuable content, connected with sports, while benefiting and extending this attitude to their personal lives. The architecture of the office space and the people, create an amazing working atmosphere.

Cons

The balance between an approach to tasks and having to prepare long run projects could use some work.

Advice to Management

Plan outdoor activities that encourages team members to share different experiences, that may create new bonds between colleagues.

26 Oct, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedback! We're glad to hear the working atmosphere is amazing, that's definitely what we're striving for. We'll certainly... More

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Challenging job with the possibility to learn
    - Great colleagues and relaxed environment
    - Amazing offices with top equipment
    - Great salary + nice perks (gym, health insurance, life insurance, parking, etc)
    - No problems with scheduling vacations :)
    - Super easy onboarding in terms of general processes within the company

Cons

Since the company has some rotation in terms of hiring new employees I'm struggling with having super helpful colleagues, but that have very few experience with the product or the same as I have (less than 6 months) and this leads to taking double the time needed.

Advice to Management

Improve the process of learning how to use the actual product and bring more awareness of the middle term goals of the product to the team.

17 Aug, 2017 – HR Manager

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback! We’re glad you’re enjoying the office, the team, and the job! As a young company, we make every effort around finding the right... More