Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah

"With a grain of salt..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify (Less than a year)

Pros

While the pros may be few and far between, there are certainly some here that can be seen at face value.
    -Casual work attire
    -Good pay and insurance benefits
    -Snacks, beer, and wine in the office
    -Some of the best and brighest peers to ever have been assembled
    -Comfortable office setting
    -Good exposure to different skill sets and tools. You probably won't be taught them, but good to keep in your back pocket to develop later in your free time.

Cons

-As other reviews have stated in the past, you can't help but feel the pressure of "walking on eggshell". It's not just from the management, but the product itself. Aside from not knowing 'who' will shut you down this week, you'll worry just as much about what will go wrong with a deployment to create a whole new set of issues to resonate through and interrupt your routine.

-While they say they do, management never seems to learn from their past mistakes. Often repeating the same tropes and mishaps while constantly reassuring that, "we'll never make that mistake again."

-Work/life balance is also a prevalent theme. Good luck trying to find a daily regiment; you''ll be married to this job and the office. Even when you get home, you'll still bring your work home with you. Completely understand overtime on occasion, but your time simply isn't valued as an employee.

-Plans hardly stay steady - expect to usually completely change direction with any project or task you're working on. Key phrases Wodify will use like "staying agile" really seems implied to mean something else...

In addition:
    -No training with a "trial by fire"/"thrown to the wolves" mentality.

-No room for growth or advancement.

-No HR department.

-Management isn't open to criticism.

-Lack of transparency between among departments and management.

Advice to Management

Be genuinely open to feedback and criticism. It's a shame that people love this company and what the product can be, but they're ultimately terrified of repercussions if they go providing real feedback. If you really want to grow you're going to have to be open to change, new ideas, and different ways of doing things. People will need to specialize and you will have to leverage new talents and skills. Just because you've always done something one way for a while and it's your gut feeling, doesn't mean it works.

As far as these "A players" would be concerned that you pride yourself with, either use them or stop hiring them. It's a shame the amount of talent in this company that get squandered by poor planning and poor decision making.

By the way, stop being concerned with the "who" of these kinds of reviews. Learn, grow, and progress.

2. "Great product and company"

Current Employee - Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The vision, the product, colleagues and teams, the fast development pace, working conditions and benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the development pace is too fast and quality might be compromised.

Advice to Management

Involve more people from Dev and QA in the initial brainstormings and feature specification meetings.

"Whirlwind ride with Wodify - Resigned"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am genuinely grateful for the connections I made and value the 4 months of professional experience I gained working at Wodify. Here are some of the pros from my experience:

• Learn what it takes to sprint as a BA in a fast-paced Scrum SaaS startup on the rise
    • Work with fun talented people in beautiful offices with plenty of creature comforts
    • Gain global experience working with Design, Development, and QA teams in the Lisbon office
    • Connect with clients working with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing in the NJ office
    • Work with the best technology and SaaS, ability to challenge yourself to learn new tech skills
    • Competitive pay that is made even sweeter with the company’s employee equity plan
    • Strong sense of ownership is fostered; everyone can influence the product roadmap
    • Opportunity to stay involved locally with quarterly community service “Givve” events

Cons

My aspirational leadership style and values were at odds with Wodify’s and there were too many misalignments. Ultimately it just wasn’t the right fit. Here are some of my cons:

• The company’s inspirational brand theme is completely at odds with its punitive culture
    • Efforts to learn about other parts of the company are perceived to be a direct insubordination
    • Fear driven environment where mistakes are tracked and feedback is delivered ineffectively
    • Overworked employees with a high turn-over, 6+ people left or get fired during my tenure
    • An unlimited vacation policy where most people are too swamped or afraid to ask for time off

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me a chance to provide uninterrupted candid feedback during my resignation. I think it was a great learning experience for everyone. Here’s some advice:

• Define a clear company mission statement that all employees can get behind
    • Don’t discourage employees from learning about other parts of the company
    • Involve the Customer Success team more during the design phase of features
    • Establish a cross-functional scorecard measuring the key cross-functional metrics
    • Action employee feedback to create happier workers and attract/retain top talent

8 Feb, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working at Wodify. We appreciate you listing your pros and cons and value your opinion and feedback as we continue to grow and ... More

5. "Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wodify provides a unique opportunity, to work with the OutSystems platform and develop an innovative product. Being able to influence so many people around the world in a way that improves their lifestyle is extremely rewarding.

Cons

As any fast paced agile organization, Wodify requires all employees to be prepared for change and to work outside their comfort zone. Not suitable for slow paced individuals.

13 Mar, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying this opportunity to develop an innovative product and work with the Outsystems platform. We agree that we ... More

6. "It's what you make it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

If you have the right expectations when you start, Wodify can be a great place to work. As someone that has been in companies where people can get away without pulling their weight, Wodify is a very refreshing place to work. With such a small company everyone has to put in the effort for us to be successful.

Wodify does a great job challenging its employees, we are constantly learning new tools and taking on more and more responsibility. I know this is very typical of a startup, but as someone who came from jobs that where I never truly felt challenged I am excited to find a job where I am never bored.
    In addition to the work, the benefits (employee gym, cell phone stipend, health care, awesome office, etc) and the people make the job pretty awesome.

Cons

Work-life balance could use some work. Things like working from home are allowed but I don't know that I have ever seen anyone use it. Things can change direction very quickly which can be frustrating at times but its what I expected with a startup.

Advice to Management

Encourage team building activities and different things to get employees away from their desk more often. This can be tough when we are busy but will lead to happier employees in the long run.

8 Feb, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share about your experience working at Wodify. We really appreciate everything that you have to say, we agree with you that the job can be ... More

"Meritocracy, Excellence and Passion"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your main drive is passion for your work and you embrace a meritocracy culture where you always have an open path to express your opinion, this is the right place. Everyone is always available to change opinions and open minded to follow the right path for a common goal.

Cons

Actually this is the best place I've been so far. These could be cons for some people, but definitely not for me. It's a fast-paced environment where you must achieve excellence goals in a short time. Always evolving. Not suitable if you want a 9 to 6 job with 100% descriptive daily tasks.

27 Dec, 2016

We really appreciate you taking time to write a review, we are glad to hear that you enjoy the face-paced culture and desire for excellence. Thank you for all that you contribute to the team!

"I love working here : )"

Current Employee - Creative in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Creative in Lisbon (Portugal)

Pros

Entering Wodify I joined an amazing and talented group of passionate people, that are working in an international environment. Collaboratively, we have been putting together incredible projects in the last months, pushing Wodify to an incredible level of innovation. The offices are amazing, the opportunities are amazing, the learning is so deep and profound that it is, for me, a game-changer move in my career. Super happy to work here.

Cons

Being a passionate person about what I do, it implies that sometimes you are working out of your schedule. But for a creative that's nothing unusual. Doesn't occur that often and when it happens you know it is because its necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

19 Dec, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you are glad to be apart of the Wodify team! We thank you for the extra time and creativity that you and ... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great salary, great people, amazing office and a good balance between working hard and playing hard. The work is fast-paced but also incredibly rewarding. No micro-management.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are to be expected. No real cons other than that.

Advice to Management

Keep transparency, positive energy, and always remain open to feedback. And praise a lot!

19 Dec, 2016

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It is really great to hear that you are enjoying your experience working at Wodify. Thank you for the advice you have offered, this is great and we will ... More

"Be careful"

I worked at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is above average. The people are nice.

Cons

You work a lot and are expected to be available any minute any day.
    Work/Life balance non existent.
    Do not have an opinion that might disagree with CEO or you might be next.
    Management are CEO's hand puppets, enforcing his dictatorship for their own benefit instead of being the voice of their teams.
    Most people are not happy but are stuck because the pay is above average.

Advice to Management

Not worth it, they don't care.

8 Dec, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at Wodify, we are glad to hear that you enjoy the people at Wodify but sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with ... More

"Just don't"

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

I am only writing something because there is a twenty word minimum. Unfortunately, the first sentence was not twenty words.

Cons

- The promises the hiring team/management/upper management make are almost certainly lies.
    - There is absolutely no work/life balance - just a "work now" mentality. If you calculate your hourly rate, you can make the same rate substitute teaching.
    - You're not part of a team. You're hired and upper management believes they own you. Like a dog.
    - SMEs have been fired for doing their job - asking questions and attempting to make things better.
    - People have been fired for not coming into work on their scheduled PTO
    - I'm willing to bet my salary the "good reviews" on this website were an inside job.
    - There's no possible way people at this company like what they're doing.

Advice to Management

I cannot believe I am going to regurgitate something I learned in pre-school; Treat people how you want to be treated. Because you don't - at all.

8 Dec, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at Wodify, we are very sorry that your time here did not meet your expectations. We do take this feedback seriously and will use it as we ... More