Wodify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.8
Wodify Founder and CEO Ameet Shah
Ameet Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Passionate growing company committing truthfully to their employees and clients"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Designer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify (More than 10 years)

Pros

Embracing the Wodify challenge got me to be a part of a team who is passionate, not afraid of hard work and committed to their clients and peers. Everyone is here to help and work hard.

Everyone is working hard to keep Wodify the leading CrossFit gym management software and building exciting new products to be launch soon, I feel confident that we will continue to innovate and grow in the years to come. Has an employee I'm constantly challenged to learn new skills and it's given me space and opportunities to grow so I can be impactful.

The office is comfortable and has all the equipment so you can get the environment to create great work and be comfortable spending the majority of your day there. There's also a culture that promotes healthier choices and philanthropic events.

Cons

This is not really a con... We're growing, and by growing we're trying new approaches to structure, workflows, team. We are redesigning everything and we're a controlled chaos. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're not. Baby steps and embrace the change.

Advice to Management

Keep on making values and culture pillars of our company and do not rush any step of the process.

2. "Working @ Wodify"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great young, smart and happy people to work with;
    - Social "meetings"/"Hangouts" among the members of the company;
    - Monthly wage and benefits above average;
    - Free food/snacks, great Office arrangement.
    - Helping the environment or nonprofit associations with our time.
    - Very close to transport systems;

Cons

- Recent undefinition company Culture/values
    - Different Day-to-day work between US and PT Offices

"The reviews are all true"

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

Amazing team, smart individuals, cool office environment

Cons

The Founder/CEO. There is no real HR and no executive team or board to keep him in check. If he will have anything to do with your role, don't take it. There isn't a culture issue, there's a leadership issue. It's a shame because everyone who works there is smart and amazingly talented, but the CEO thinks he needs to break people down in order for them to be good employees. He has a short fuse and no interest in rectifying his wrong doings. The product also needs a ton of work - which he says he see and everyone knows - but it's been 5 years and they have a decent valuation so it doesn't seem as bad as it is. I will say, the product is decent as far as what's available in the industry goes, but it's obvious users are using it begrudgingly a lot of the time.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO and make this guy head of development or something if he wants to be involved in his product still.

Wodify Response

23 Jul, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not find value in our leadership team. We are always striving to roll out new ideas and our company success to date is a result of all our... More

"Growing company with a great environment"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing office conditions, with a casual environment.
    You feel like being part of whole and understand the value you bring to Wodify and it's customers.
    The team has a great culture and everyone is eager to learn and work as a team towards Wodify's goals.
    The offices are amazing and modern and offer a social area with available food and some entertainment like a playstation.

Cons

There is a US and a Portuguese office so the team is divided between these two locations. Frequent meetings and great technology and collaboration allows Wodify to minimize the impacts of this.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and the Vision you have for Wodify.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Wodify full-time

Pros

Great people - you can learn a lot from all of them
    Beautiful office
    Great tools to work with

Cons

This is a company that lacks direction, values, and any true identity. I was originally going to say that the communication within the company needs improvement because no one ever seems to know what's going on, but I've since realized that this is only a product of the fact that there is no vision. If you're looking to be hired at Wodify, do yourself a favor and ask the people you interact with about the company mission and values. I'll save you the time: no one has a clue.
    Despite the fact that none of the managers have managed before, there has never been any initiative to help them, although thousands of dollars are invested in other things - like making sure managers are taken to a multi-day "negotiation workshop."
    The CEO breeds a culture of agreement - not innovation, growth, or independent thinking.
    This is the type of company that thinks offering a barber and beer gives them a right to treat people like pawns and talk bad about them along the way. With that in mind, you'll be hired and told that Wodify "only hires smart people", but then months later you will likely witness upper level management or the CEO joke about how stupid the entry level employees are.
    The company will try to make you think their product is killing it - but it's really not. A huge investment was made in several engineering teams in Lisbon, yet two years later there hasn't been a dramatic increase in new sales, nor improved customer retention.
    “Coaching” is a common term at Wodify. It really means being belittled, bullied, or admonished by the CEO. You’ll be “coached” enough that you’ll eventually get used to this treatment and start to see it as a normal, healthy way of giving/receiving feedback. You’ll even start to think that this is how other organizations deliver feedback. You are wrong. This is not healthy, normal, or good for anyone.

Advice to Management

Get some training.
    New fancy tools like duuoo and office vibe aren't going to solve your problems. Define your company missions, values, and culture - then stick to it.
    Learn how to be more professional in the workplace. Most of your entry level employees can show you the way in case you're unsure.
    Improve your core product - it's what the people want.

Wodify Response

22 Feb, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re always looking to learn from others experiences and improve. We are lucky to have such a beautiful office and smart and talented employees.

Our company... More

"Great team, amazing talent"

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for almost 2 years in Wodify now. It has been one of the places where I learned more in my life. Not that I had been coached to, but whenever you find the need you will get to learn something new and that is priceless. I work with a great team, amazing office, really good perks and the projects we develop are really interesting. I have been working with great talent - the people are awesome, even if we have a lot of different tribes within the company.

Cons

Adapting to change can be challenging, but it is also part of the industry. Sometimes feel we need to strategize more as a company, in a more cohesive way, but we are walking towards it.

Advice to Management

Keep feedback flowing and make it relevant. Sometimes I find myself discussing issues that can be easily solved.

"Great company! Don't think twice!"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time

Pros

- Proud to work with the most creative, talented, responsible and passionate people
    - Amazing cool/modern/clean office
    - Chance to be involved at community service
    - Work directly with manager
    - Get paid on-time, fair salary and great benefits
    - Relaxed dress code
    - Very warm welcome and onboarding

Cons

- Some extra hours to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always try to create something new.

"Fast-paced, challenging, and great team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Wodify you get to be a part of a global team who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to work hard. You never have to worry about your colleagues carrying their weight. Wodify is leading the CrossFit market for gym management software and the company is building several exciting new products launching in the next couple months so I feel confident the company will continue to innovate and expand in years to come. Things never get old here and I have plenty of opportunities to grow, learn new skills, and make an impact. The office doesn't hurt either its comfortable and has great perks like an onsite gym, wine dispenser, cold brew coffee, standing desks, and an office dog named Willow!

Cons

The company does move quickly so sometimes you need to be flexible to keep up with the fast-paced environment and occasionally put in extra hours to see a project through.

Advice to Management

Consistently communicate priorities and goals of the company so teams can stay aligned.

"Work hard play harder. Here's the right place to work."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fair salary
    - Great Environment
    - Full team commitment
    - Fantastic office
    - The culture of the company is completely aligned with the product's concept (health and wellness)

Cons

I'm sure that exist some cons, but after about 6 months I'm still trying to find them.

"Great team & Challenge"

Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Wodify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Challenging product
    - Work conditions
    - Talented People

Cons

Suffered through some growing pains, what is normal in a young company