Thinkific Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2021

4.7
Thinkific CEO Greg Smith
Greg Smith
Pros
  • "Flexible vacation, work from home etc - works well with my life(in 10 reviews)

• "It's been cool to see the culture change as we get new team members from around the world and celebrate their traditions(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "you need to be a curious self starter who is willing to roll up their sleeves to gsd(in 7 reviews)

• "The team is growing so fast that management training can be shallow and new managers can let their personalities get in the way of professionalism(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Walks the talk"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time

Pros

- Amazing people -- super smart, talented, collaborative, and fun to work with. Thinkific is a rare place where you can do your best work and do it with people you love spending time with and can learn from. The values you see on the website are very much at the heart of the culture and the criteria which we hire for. - Exciting mission -- empowering entrepreneurs from all walks of life to share their knowledge and build businesses is a great mission to be a part of. - Great leadership -- I've got immense respect for Greg, Miranda, and the whole leadership team. They listen, care, and have a compelling vision for the company.

Cons

It's a high growth company and while there is a clear vision for the future, there is not a detailed playbook. We are building systems and solving problems as we go. So it is certainly not for those uncomfortable with ambiguity and change.

Continue reading
  2. "Best company I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very well structured onboarding. - NO OFFICE POLITICS, since it's remote-friendly (Thank God I don't have to commute into a cramped Skytrain, every single day)! - Unlimited vacation time (with responsibility, of course) - Work-life balance (It allows you to have work AND A LIFE). It's not a dead-end, a corporate soul-sucking job like many companies out there. - First of all, my "work" doesn't feel like a burden. I actually enjoy pretty much doing the tasks and helping other team members. It's actually FUN. - UberEats covered in many team meetings - A TON of benefits (personal spending account, health insurance, etc) - Friendly teammates. Didn't find a single toxic person, so far. - Growth-oriented culture and mentoring - Ton of social events (optional)! Really great to chill and meet your other team members in a fun environment. - They really care about you. Period.

Cons

- The only con is not being able to go back in time and join this company since the beginning. Maybe when time travel is available...

Continue reading

3. "Incredible Leadership that is felt throughout the company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't say enough good things about the CEO, Greg Smith, he is truly someone who cares deeply for others and it shows in his actions. He goes out of his way to help people, even people that have left the company. He is kind, generous and sincere. Greg has a genuine desire to help all team members, past and present, realize their greatness potential, both professionally and personally. Through Greg's example the entire organization is one of inclusive and compassion.

Cons

Can there be any cons when you have a leadership team that cares so deeply for its people?

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing company and culture!"

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

- friendly and inclusive environment - supportive team - great benefit package and adequate salary - healthy work-life balance - lots of growth opportunities if you are willing to learn

Cons

The company is doing great, nothing to add.

December 1, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a review with us :) Our team is made up of some amazing people, so we're glad to hear that you're seeing that in the support you've felt. True to our value "Learn and Grow," we're always keeping an eye out for growth opportunities for our team. We're excited to see you grow here at Thinkific and are so grateful that you chose to join our team!

5. "Amazing company with great growth!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth Opportunities, Culture and Compensation Package.

Cons

Nothing that i can think of.

December 1, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a part of #TeamThinkific! Our team has certainly grown quickly over the last year and we're always working hard to ensure that we're building an amazing team while keeping a focus on the culture we've built together. We're so glad that you're here and can't wait to see what's to come for our team—thank you for being part of the journey :)

"An incredible team for an incredible purpose"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Platform Marketing in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I was going through the interview process here at Thinkific, I knew from the get-go that this place wasn’t like the others. The amount of time they dedicated in getting to know me for who I am as a person and what inspires me—it was unlike any other hiring process I’ve ever been part of. Oftentimes, I feel that a company throws some values up onto their website, and that’s the end of them. It’s such a testament to Thinkific, and the team that they’ve put together, that their values are truly at the core of everything that they do. There's even a recognition Slack channel where everyone is encouraged to highlight colleagues that go above and beyond in demonstrating these values in their day-to-day! It’s so refreshing to be part of a company that champions both your professional and personal goals. Since I’ve been here, I’ve had a constant stream of 1:1s, a 3 month performance review, a 6 month performance review, and already know when my next checkpoints will be. Receiving feedback while also having the opportunity to voice mine (and be heard), has been key to my growth. It’s amazing to be able to have open and honest discussions with your People Leader about your own career trajectory at the company, and know that you’ll have the educational resources and support to help you get there. Moreover, being part of the Platform team has been a super rewarding experience as I’ve been given the trust and autonomy to set the foundation for the strategic marketing direction for this division! I could also go on and on about all of the incredibly thoughtful gestures our CORE team does for us on a regular basis, but it wouldn’t even come close to capturing the heart they put behind every “surprise and delight.” As of recent, we’ve had Fresh Prep deliveries sent to our door, a WFH care package filled with delicious local treats, a paint set delivered to us for virtual Paint Night, Uber Eats orders during team-wide meetings, a $500 top off on our Personal Spending Account, Amazon gift cards, and the list goes on. I honestly feel so lucky to be able to work with the most driven, selfless, and caring individuals I know every day. It’s no surprise that Thinkific is where it is today because of the team behind the vision!

Cons

Personally, nothing comes to mind! The CORE team does an amazing job of regularly asking for feedback, and whatever suggestions or feedback is given, it’s addressed almost immediately. We move at lightning speed over here! Especially with the Platform team being relatively new to the business, we’re continuously working on putting in place a solid foundation/processes that are scalable and can grow with the team—this environment may not be for everyone. However, if you're a self-starter and want to play a key role in how we continue to shape our team, you’ll absolutely thrive here!

December 1, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Thinkific so far! From the start, our leadership team has aimed to have our values be reflective of who we already are as a company, so making sure that we're living them out each day and through every process is incredibly important to us. It has been incredible to see our team grow (not just in numbers, but professionally) particularly over the last year, and you have been a huge part of that. We're so happy that you chose to join us on this journey and are so excited about where we're going next!

"Incredible company with a triple threat of amazing product, incredible team and culture and first-class leaders"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Platform Operations in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time

Pros

- Full of extremely smart people working on an amazing product which has huge growth potential - Incredible culture and the first company I have worked for that actually lives its values every day - Down to earth, humble and inspiring leaders - Employees have high levels of ownership and accountability. It is not top-down at all, every business decision is made through a consultative approach - Incredible career growth opportunities with exciting, challenging work which impacts the lives of our customers every day - Really good compensation and benefits - Thoughtful CORE team which always pull out the stops to surprise and delight all staff - I can really see myself staying at this company for the long haul

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any at this point

June 24, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us! We're so glad you're seeing our entire team live out our core values every day and that you're seeing opportunities to take ownership and to learn and grow. Everyone here has played such a big part in building our amazing culture and we are so happy you are part of our team!

"They challenge you to grow and give you the tools to do it"

Current Employee - Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong leadership team that has moved beyond their founder days, and knows that the next phase of the company's growth depends on hiring highly capable senior leaders who can scale the business - and trusting them to do it! - Flexible and supportive Remote Working From Home / Anywhere policy that really allows you to integrate work and life healthily - Ingrained feedback culture, including peer and upwards feedback. If you really want to grow in your role / career, this is a place where you can do it.

Cons

- Rapid company growth comes with constantly evolving and sometimes immature processes, particularly in product development

June 24, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share a great review! We know that our success and growth as a company have been a result of hiring the right people at all levels, including in leadership roles. We'll be sure to keep an eye on continuing to improve our processes but we're excited for the next stage of growth with this amazing team in place :)

"Work with incredible people and make an impact!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thinkific has built a truly amazing team and an amazing culture, which can be hard to do as we've grown so quickly over the last year. Every day, I get to work with incredible people and it's clear that they're passionate about what they do. No matter what your job is, you have the chance to share your ideas, take on new projects, and make an impact through what you do. We even share lots of user stories where you can see the real-life impact of the work you do every day. It's so inspiring to be part of the ripple effect! It's a collaborative environment with no egos and tons of communication and transparency, and I think that starts with the leadership team. It's refreshing to have our founders be accessible to answer questions, be responsive to suggestions, and even share updates on how the company is doing. It's clear that they care about everyone on the team, and that influence runs through the rest of the company too.

Cons

I don't have any cons, personally. The company takes feedback seriously so whenever a suggestion is made, things are acted on quickly. It's definitely a startup environment, which isn't for everybody. We're growing quickly, and sometimes that means being adaptable and being okay with some ambiguity as we build new processes. Lots of people thrive in these situations and it's where we've seen a lot of team members grow at Thinkific!

June 24, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective as part of #TeamThinkific! It's been a priority for our leaders to remain accessible and they truly care about everyone at Thinkific, so I'm glad that this shows. We are definitely growing quickly and trying to adapt quickly too, and we're so glad to have you with us as we continue on this journey!

"Thorough Process but Amazing"

Current Employee - Video/Marketing in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Thinkific full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The interview process is very thorough and respectful. It's a good indication that the team there is going to be top notch -Remote friendly -Everyone feels excited to be there and wants to get to know you better -It's not a trendy social app that might go away when the next one comes. Your work actually has lasting impact; it's changing the industry of online education.

Cons

-You do get a sense that it's a high energy with lot's of tools that they use and such but that's because the company is growing fast.

May 21, 2020Director of People and Culture

Thank you so much for your feedback! We certainly put lots of time into making sure we're bringing on amazing people to our team. I'm glad you had a great experience during this process and we are so happy that you've joined us here! We're excited to have you with us as we continue to grow :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 69 English Reviews