Thinkific Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 108 of over 108 interviews

Recruiter7%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Thinkific

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

After thoughtfully filling out their application questionnaire, Thinkific contacted me with a take home assignment. I was given 5 days. The assignment was fairly tricky, it involved using third party authorizations and a database. I worked really hard on it and I think I did a really good job. I wrote tests, documentation, more than what they asked for. I did not get an interview. Their rejection letter stated their reasoning for not moving forward, but they didn't give me a chance to explain my reasoning for approaching the issue the way I did. They said "The team was confused why you chose a technology you were not familiar with". I did this because I knew it was the right technology for the task, and I wanted to demonstrate my ability to learn. This is for an interview after all! But they never gave me a chance to explain this, just rejected me. The fact is, I worked really hard on that take home assignment and I at least deserved an interview. All in all I spent 15 hours on the application + take home assignment and I never even got to meet face to face with anyone from Thinkific. I cannot recommend anyone apply to thinkific after they disrespected me and my time like this.

Interview Questions
  • Take home assignment. The application involved using third party authorization and a database.
    Answer Question

Thinkific

Application

I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough. Each step of the process was communicated well and there was full transparency. They send you a link that outline the interview and even the questions they are asking. Amazing talent team, and you really get a sense of the company and team.

Interview Questions
  • 1. In depth review of background 2. Areas of personal growth 3. Career goals

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Thinkific

Application

I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

1) Long application process which asks you to answer (in writing) some behavioural questions. This took me about 1 hour to complete. 2) A take-home test, which gives you scenarios that you would likely be put in on the job, and you have to do the research to answer them. This took me about two hours. 3) A 1 hour interview with the hiring manager, and two representatives from HR. In this interview, you are asked some behavioural questions, and given the opportunity to ask questions about the role. They also set salary expectations. 4) The final (top-grading) interview is 3 hours long. No lie. It is conducted by the hiring manager, and their leader. They go over your resume line by line and ask you in-depth questions about each role you've been in, along with behavioural questions for each. Overall, I had a great experience throughout this interview process. HR was on the ball every step of the way. They were prompt to give you next steps, preparation tips on each interview, and answer any questions. The intensity of the interview process makes it challenging and nerve-racking, but I personally really liked this. Personally, it was a deciding factor for deciding to accept the offer because this intense interview process reflects their selectiveness, and their commitment to hiring the best, which in-turn makes me believe in this company. To prepare for this interview you need to: 1) Read every email/link sent to you by HR during the process (as it outlines what the interview will be about). 2) Be introspective!!! Take the time to really really really think about each role you've had and what you contributed to it, what your relationship was with your leader/colleagues, what your strengths were, what your weaknesses were. For all of these, have several specific examples ready. 3) Most importantly, let your personality shine (I think this is a big part of what they're looking at during this 3 hour interview.) To reassure you all, I must say that even though the process was a bit intense, everyone involved (from HR to Directors) was extremely respectful, understanding, and kind.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

Was contacted by a talent acquisition rep for a 30 minute "intro call". Scheduled the call, which went well. I was then asked to send over my resume. Waited about 10 days and then received an email for a take-home assignment, that is to take 2-3 hours per their email (though the assignment itself said 1-2 hours). The assignment required 5 things to complete, and could easily take more time, especially if you want to do a thorough job. They gave 5 days to submit the completed assignment. Unfortunately did not get to an interview with a hiring manager as I was rejected after the take-home assignment. I asked for feedback which I received, and while I understand their reasoning I think it could easily have been discussed/clarified during an interview, as it was very minor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2021

Interview

The process was transparent - they tell you up front the five step process: application, phone screen, skills test, top-grading interview, reference checks. They also tell you the skills test may come before the phone screen depending on position. That's what happened to me. So I spent 3 hours on the skills test and then I was rejected without ever getting to speak to someone - so it felt completely one sided. But what was most irritating is that the feedback I got on the test indicated that I wasn't actually being evaluated on my job related skills or ability to problem-solve, but rather, my ability to read their minds. I was rejected for style and formatting - both things that can be imparted to a new hire in under 15 minutes or even shared in a procedural document in the department manual. So either they did a poor job of training the evaluators of what to look for, or they were not honest about why they were rejecting the skills test.

2 people found this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

1. Application 2. Take home assignment / project (3 hours) 3. 1 hour initial interview 4. 3 hour Topgrading interview 5. References In total, it took about a month to review an offer from application.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare for what they send you. They're transparent with the questions to prepare for.

Thinkific

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific in Aug 2021

Interview

45 minute intro call followed by 2.5 hour topgrading interview with the management. Straightforward process, felt more of a conversation with a fellow professional than an interview. The process took less than two weeks and the team was always an email away to answer any question big or small.

Interview Questions
  • Academics, past experience, behavioural and situational questions

Thinkific

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

The process I went through had 5 steps and took about a month: 1- Applied through their website a few questions that allowed me to go into greater detail than a regular cover letter (tell me about a time when... type of questions) 2- Had a 1 hour phone interview with the recruiter + a senior developer where I briefly talked about myself and my recent experience. They send you a post explaining exactly what they will want to talk about a few days before the interview. 3- Take home test where I had to integrate an API with software that the job posting was talking about. They allow you to change the industry/company focus of your test since they are not soliciting free work. 4- A 2-hour topgrading interview with the recruiter + a senior dev + a director that I found to be pretty intense as an introvert. We went into detail about my work experience and the people I worked with. Each time mentioning specific examples of challenges that I faced and how I overcame them. They also provided me with useful feedback about my test. 5- A pretty intense round of reference checks where they talked for ~15-20mins to each reference. I was told they ask about how it is working with me + strengths and weaknesses. In the end I was offered a job at a lower level from what I applied but with a higher salary, which I understood after meeting my team and seeing how knowledgeable everyone was. Overall I would not qualify this as a "difficult" experience but one that takes a big time commitment.

Interview Questions
  • What are some things that you liked and disliked about your previous role? What do you think were the greatest challenges at x company?

Thinkific

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thinkific in Jul 2021

Interview

Overall, the process lasted for almost two months with drawn-out spaces (2 weeks or more) between each stage. The first was a preliminary call with one of the talent acquisition reps and the potential manager. From there, I was given a take-home activity to complete with a mock scenario to create content around. From there, I was invited for an extensive 2-3 hour video interview with two talent acquisition reps and the potential manager again, where they did an intense deep dive into my resume and past work experience. They also asked behavioural questions and inquired about my education and how well I did in my program overall. Prepare to be absolutely drained after this interview. It's A LOT of talking. Also, come prepared with examples for literally anything you bring up. This company is super detail-oriented, almost to an obsessive degree. They really dig into your past relationships, whether managers, co-workers, or anyone you came into contact with at your previous roles. While they are receptive throughout the process, don't let it lull you into a false sense of security. Their hiring process isn't like other companies where they pool candidates and narrow it down. Instead, they have people at varying hiring process steps to keep their options open for the best fit. Even if you make it to the 2-3 hour interview phase, it doesn't mean you have it made. Additionally, references aren't the same either in that you provide them with a list. Instead, they choose who to contact based on who you mention in your interview, so keep that in mind! That said, they won't contact anyone unless you're comfortable with it. All in all, it seems like a really cool company to work for, and I'm bummed that I didn't get an offer, but it can be a bit of a time vacuum to go through all the various stages just not to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
  • They're looking for strong strategic thinking behind the work and a solid understanding of how/why the content is tied into the overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
1 person found this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific in Jul 2021

Interview

Thinkific uses a topgrading interview methodology which is more thorough than any other recruitment process I've been through. There was an application, a take home test, a preliminary interview (video off to avoid biases) and then a 3 hour topgrading interview where they review your comprehensive career history in depth. There was ample opportunity to ask questions of the recruitment team and people manager throughout the process and responsiveness was excellent. I was very impressed with the rigour they put into hiring.

Interview Questions
  • Much of the focus was on successes and lessons learned over the course of my career history - this gives a comprehensive view into past performance and trends
Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Interviews