Thinkific Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 90 of over 90 interviews

Recruiter5%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Thinkific

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

Lovely! Absolutely positive experience. They care about you to feel comfortable on every stage of the hiring process. Questions are always answered, you're always informed what to expect on every stage. Questions to you are all reasonable. All the Thinkers you talk to make you want to be their colleague right away :)

Interview Questions
  • First that was a home test; After there were two interviews about my experience - first one briefly and then a longer interview were we went through my career in details and also I received a feedback on my home test, which was really useful; In the end of each interview they were answering questions I had at that point; And then was a reference check stage;
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

Very straight forward, interviewers were friendly! The gave you a good idea of what to expect before the interview so that you could prepare. They gave you lots of time to answer questions and didn't make you feel rushed!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thinkific (Etobicoke, ON)

Interview

Be prepared to answer questions that are out of the ordinary. The communication with the recruiter was kind and professional however the actual interview with hiring manager was off putting, to say the least. When I had a question in relation to the topic we were discussing, I was advised that they don’t answer questions till the very end. That shut me right up. Felt like an interrogation whole time. The hiring manager asked me questions like who was your previous manger? What is their name? Tell me a time you disagreed with them? If I called them right now is that ok with you? Why not? Can we call right now to confirm employment? It’s as though they doubt every response I gave. I probably Will never apply here again. I don’t care how “out of the box” your interview process is- I felt like I was being made out to be a liar or bad employee with every question asked. It’s too bad cause I took a lot of time to prepare for the interview and was so disappointed with this experience.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of behavioural questions Have stories ready Who was your past manager? What would they say about you? Can I call them now? Tell me about a time you disagreed with them? Why can’t we call?
5 people found this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

Submitted my application, had a 30 min call, completed a take home assignment, and a 3 hr interview. The interview was ok, however I felt what is on paper seemed more important than who I am and the skills I provide. Taking a day off work for a 3 hour interview only to hear that I'm not experienced enough was pretty frustrating. I also asked for feedback after my interview and never received it.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thinkific in May 2021

Interview

One first general interview to understand the profile and background, with few technical questions. After that, they send you a technical challenge using a base code in specific packages with very specific code, making you spend a lot of time understanding how that code works. Basically, you will waste your time since they will not be fair in the evaluation. They say you will spend 5 hours on this challenge, but to be honest you will spend your weekend. You will discover problems with the base code when going to the deployment step on a server. Advice: don't waste your time on this technical challenge.

Interview Questions
  • Few technical background questions, why you are applying for the role, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

First step was a pretty simple assignment answering client type emails. I thought this was interesting and could give additional credence to resumes that might not encompass a person's soft skills accurately. The next step was a phone interview with the HR contact and the Manager of Customer Success. Thinkific sent a guide on how to prepare for the interview, the types of questions they ask and the mentality behind them. I thought this was great because they really set you up to do well if you read that and answer honestly. Reading the other interview reviews, I really got in my head about the final 3 hour interview. But again they send you a guide on why it's so in depth. Honestly I loved it. We went through the past 10 years of my experience which gave me the opportunity to explain who I am as a person, show positions I leave out of my current resume because I find them not applicable and really get to know the CSM management team. Because of this interview they identified a position that was actually a better fit than the one I applied for. I also feel it gave me a better sense of the company and who I would be working with. I think we've all made mistakes joining companies based on 2 short interviews. The next step is a pretty intense referce round. They request 5 references made up of peers and supervisors. They ask them about: Strengths Weaknesses How you worked together? Would you work with this person again? What advice would they give to your future manager? Again, really trying to get to know you as a person from all angles to set you up to succeed. This process really helps them know who you are as a candidate and helps you do the same for the company. They were always available to answer questions if I had any throughout the process.. I'm thoroughly impressed and think most companies should take a similar approach.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Thinkific (Vancouver, BC) in May 2021

Interview

At first the Talent Specialist sent me the wrong job listing that I applied for via being referred by an existing employee. After receiving the correct one, I received a lengthy Google form of long form questions about past experiences etc. I filled this out, and assumed I would hear back within the timeframe that the initial emails from Talent specifically stressed: "In the meantime, we also wanted to share a closer look at what you can expect going forward. Our team works to ensure that our responses are timely and that we are keeping you updated along the way. We know how stressful waiting to hear back can be, so our goal is to respond to you within 3 business days at each point of our hiring process. On that note, you will always hear back from us. If it’s been more than 5 business days and you haven’t heard back, check your spam or junk mail folder. Still nothing or have any other questions? Feel free to follow up with me directly!" The reality was hearing nothing back until I emailed them twice, to be told its still being looked into. I checked in after another another 8 days and still waiting to hear back. This experience was extremely wack. After reading other reviews on here I'm not surprised but its so strange to set such rigid expectations to then not even attempt to meet them.

Interview Questions
  • A long list of basic / life story type questions plus situational questions that took around 1-2 hours to fill out
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thinkific

Application

I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

I completed the entire interview process, including the final interview with one of the Marketing heads and one of the Co-Founder's. I found the overall interview process to be fair until that final interview, which should really be reframed as a 3-hour interrogation of your life history. This interview format discriminates against introverts like myself, who are exhausted after just the first hour. I was not offered the role on the basis that although I had an amazing EQ, I lacked experience. This seemed odd, as my submitted project and resume confirm otherwise. They concluded on my lack of experience based on the last interview, when in fact, by the time we got to talking about my Marketing experience, I was too tired to speak to it effectively. It seems from this experience that the interview process caters to one main personality type.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your time at [Insert Life Experience] - followed by interruptions and interrogations based on areas that peaked their interest.

Thinkific

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thinkific in Apr 2021

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a take-home test, and then final video interview. I enjoyed all of my "live" conversations with the team, however, found that the communication between interviews lacked a personal touch - seemed to be an automated communication management system.

Interview Questions
  • They asked what my peers, as well as my managers, would say I needed to improve/work on.

Thinkific

Application

I interviewed at Thinkific

Interview

round 1 was a call with HR and a member of the dept. It goes a bit deeper than a standard screener. Round 2 was topgrading. They share an article describing the process to help you prep. I find it odd when people complain about the interview because Thinkific tells you what to expect. if you're not comfortable sharing your experience or don't want to do your homework then that's probably an indication it's not a good fit.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Interviews