PBS Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

PBS Systems Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2020

3.5
PBS Systems President David Bradley (no image)
David Bradley
Pros
  • "There are also periodic staff lunches, and cookie day on the last Wednesday of every month(in 7 reviews)

• "Regular Full time job and you get paid every 2 weeks(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unless you are family/friends, you will go nowhere (that's expected)(in 10 reviews)

• "No downside at pbs every thing is great(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Over the last year, I’ve read many reviews posted here and would like to add my comments. I think that the people posting negative reviews do not have a lot of experience working for growing companies. The majority of the negative comments/complaints here are found at any corporate office. I have been fortunate to work for PBS for many years, in several positions, over my 10+ years with them. I am proud to work for a company who continues to grow every year. Yes, there have been challenges with the rapid growth, but the challenges I’ve seen are comparable to other companies I’ve worked for. The grass is not greener with another company, and actually, in my opinion, in many cases, upper management has been ahead of the game when making changes. PBS continues to hire experts in their fields so that the culture continues to successfully grow with the advice and guidance from these experts. If you work hard, PBS does recognize and reward you. The comment that only family or friends get promoted or favored is not true. PBS is a family-oriented business. Family started the business and other family members came on board. Over the years, employees have suggested to their family members to apply for positions, because PBS is a great company to work for. That shows that employees believe in PBS and enjoy working here. There is a huge number of people who have worked for PBS for over 10 years. Of course, these employees develop friendships with the owners and executive staff. These family and friends value PBS and believe in its vision, so they will work and go above and beyond to reach goals.

Cons

Limited parking some days, due to the company's growth.

Advice to Management

Would like to see all managers adopt the corporate values so that there is more continuity throughout departments in the company and to see formalized trainings for corporate initiatives that would enhance work environments and promote career growth.

PBS Systems2019-12-20
  2. "Undelivered promises, lies, and vindictive behavior from managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is really nothing positive that I can say

Cons

Management Compensation is inadequate You will be given promises that will be undelivered If you are not family or a favorite, you won't get anywhere with this company Promotions are given to favorites & family Communication between departments is poor Micromanagement Managers will "test" you If you try to stand up for yourself, you will be met with vindictive behavior from management. You are just a number here Per diem for travel is low They will overwork you, burn you out, and expect you to be content Constant gossip going on everyday within the company

Advice to Management

Be more professional & take care of your employees who work their butts off

PBS Systems2020-01-10
  3. "More than a number to the company"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly. There’s a great culture and people genuinely care about each other.

Cons

Hard to bond with some remote staff but the company functions help.

Advice to Management

More parking

PBS Systems2019-11-25
  4. "It is what you make it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers are very flexible if you need to adjust working hours. Staff are fun and customers are great.

Cons

Hard for remote workers to get ahead.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. I’ve noticed huge changes in the last year.

PBS Systems2019-10-29
  5. "Service support analyst at pbs"

Current Employee - Service Support Analyst in Milton, ON

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s a very good company

Cons

No downside at pbs every thing is great

PBS Systems2019-10-09
  6. "I love working here"

Current Employee - Marketing in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, Great people, The owners are down to earth, Supportive managers and coworkers, great culture, great benefits, great working environment.

Cons

Nothing...Everything is great in this company!

PBS Systems2019-10-05

"Stable growing company !!"

Former Employee - Network and Systems Administrator in Calgary, AB

I worked at PBS Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have seen many negative comments about this company and it’s not all warranted! Now that I this is out of the way let’s get down to business. Like any company it has it’s challenges. These challenges are due to the rapid growth of the company. Whilst I can’t speak for every department I was apart of their IT department. This company gave an amazing opportunity to learn and grow as an IT professional, now if your looking for an easy job stay away! Go work at maybe Walmart. The CEO is an amazing guy! Very approachable and yes there are members of family working there, get over it! The people that you will meet there treat you like family. The company promotes health by having an indoor gym. The IT team I worked with was amazing! They mentored and trained me and the individuals I supported on a daily basis showed a lot of love and was understanding even if you made a blunder. I can’t stop thanking the lead and Manager of the IT department for the mentoring they gave me. Once again if you are looking to hone your skills learn new technologies build your resume this is the company for you. I left this company for monetary reasons and have come to learn it’s not all about the money.

Cons

High turnover due to how rapidly the this company is growing. You get discouraged due to the pay increase and bonus structure. Can be a little chaotic due to how quickly you have to learn, but once again I had great team mates to support me. Better benefits package, I know optical benefits can be tricky but as an IT professional you stare at a screen all day.

Advice to Management

You create a lot of talent! Please don’t lose them to other companies. Managers need to have more one on one meetings monthly to evaluate where staff members are at what they are experiencing. When decisions are made at the top about staff requests eg. more pay or better work life balance, more transparency is needed in the decision making process so staff does not feel as though they are working in vain.

PBS Systems2019-10-11

"Beware of the fake reviews"

Former Employee - Software QA Analyst in Calgary, AB

I worked at PBS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company takes money out of your paycheck every month so they can have potlucks sometimes, which makes no sense.

Cons

I was in a meeting when a VP of the company found out about this website, he then told the other VP's to login and start posting 5 star reviews to bring up the average. The truth of the matter is this is a terrible place to work and they need the VP's and the marketing department to login here regularly to post fake reviews and try to discredit the real reviews.

Advice to Management

If you were running a good company you would not need to hire someone to login to sites like this to try to discredit the bad reviews, you would just have good reviews

PBS Systems2019-10-11
  9. "Okay but could be much better"

Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

cookie day, flexible work hours

Cons

limited growth opportunities unless your family or friends

Advice to Management

salaries do not match industry standards

PBS Systems2019-09-19
  10. "Fast growing company with great future"

Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity for growth if you are hard worker, great company culture, supportive coworkers, technology leader and the most innovative company in its industry, a place where your ideas can be heard and valued

Cons

Can’t really think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

PBS Systems2019-08-08