PBS Systems Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2022

Found 121 of over 123 reviews

3.1
PBS Systems President David Bradley (no image)
David Bradley
Pros
  • "I like it here at present - PBS is making big strides in improving the staff work experience(in 8 reviews)

• "Great place to work with great people(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No downside at pbs every thing is great(in 11 reviews)

• "Family run, favoritism of course goes to their family friend(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

285.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=PBS Systems~659710
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great place to start..

May 30, 2022 - Business Intelligence Analyst in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth focused teams very diverse setty

Cons

Not so much opportunity for remote work for starters

PBS Systems Response

Hello, Thank you for providing a review with regards to your employment experience at PBS. We are glad that you feel positive sentiment towards the company and believe it to be a ‘great place to start.’ As you continue your time here, we hope you see PBS as an excellent place to grow your career! Growth has been at the forefront of PBS and its development in recent years. This phase has brought with it many exciting changes, and we anticipate more to come. Once again, we’d like to thank you for taking the opportunity to share your views with us. As a current PBS employee, your insight is extremely valuable, and we appreciate it!

2. 4.0

Review

Jul 29, 2022 - Junior Software Developer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Great environment, Very collaborative

Cons

Low pay Not a ton of opportunity for growth

PBS Systems Response

Hello, Thank you for sharing a review regarding your employment experience at PBS so far. People are our company’s most critical asset, and that’s why we focus on driving opportunities for each and every employee as we continue to grow. It’s important that all staff are aware of how they can be proactive in reaching new heights in the business. We encourage you to discuss any concerns or questions you might have with your manager, as they are the best resource to guide you forward in your career at PBS, and can provide you with insight into salary, promotions, etc. If you would like to discuss your review further, please reach out to Employee Relations at employeerelations@pbssystems.com. Once again, thank you for sharing a review!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for an entry job and nothing else

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Coworkers are nice - Food events - New office building

Cons

- Salary is so low, they have starting salaries from 1980's - No overtime pay - High turnover rate, just senior employees over 20 years there or juniors. Nothing in between is huge red flag - No hybrid work model like most tech companies - Management is entirely white, no diversity

3 people found this review helpful

PBS Systems Response

Hi there, Thank you for providing a review of your employment experience at PBS. From your recent time here, you’ll know that we have experienced a tremendous amount of growth in just a few years’ time, and this development phase we are going through has presented challenges. However, we have consistently been dedicated to ensuring that positive change exists for our staff and continue to focus on this most important aspect of the business. This includes all facets of the employment experience, including company culture, work/life balance, opportunities for growth, compensation, benefits, education, etc. That being said, we believe that PBS is a great place to not only start a career, but to grow in one, too! We are so proud of our many tenured employees, of which there are plenty. Our annual Length of Service (LOS) event had a record number of award recipients this year, with most from the 3–10-year range. Ultimately, if employees wish to work towards a successful career at PBS, they will be supported through the many resources we have in place and will be encouraged to do so! The company continues to evolve as we grow, and undoubtedly, there will be more positive changes in the future.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Only review you'll need to see about this company, don't waste your time

May 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want a regular office job and are ok with doing the same thing everyday with low pay (40k range) and no growth opportunities and you need the money, go for it, otherwise get your experience and leave if you want to grow in your career.

Cons

- Sleazy, don't care about employees and put on a front - Fake management and higher ups - Salary doesn't cover inflation (39k) - Overworked - Underpaid - No work from home - Politics - Favoritism - No growth - Process continuously changes - Require more from you but pay you the same

4 people found this review helpful

PBS Systems Response

Hello, Thank you for sharing a review of your work experience at PBS. As we continue to navigate tremendous company growth, our focus remains on finding ways to create significant changes, and while it’s not always easy, we feel confident about the future. Our top priority is and always will be our people, which is why bolstering the employee experience is a constant effort. New ideas, processes, and approaches are involved, including growth opportunities for our staff. We want to ensure that everyone is aware of the ways in which they can take proactive steps to develop their skills and increase their value. Now, more than ever, we are seeing an increase in the number of new hires, internal transfers, and promotions within the company, and this is evidenced by the weekly updates shared in our internal newsletter. We’re excited that we started the latest fiscal year on a high note, with 11 new hires and 10 internal transfers! Corporate Education leads the way for employee development with things like the Leadership Development Program and Masterful Speaking Forums. These avenues provide great starting points for personal development, as does the PBS Academy learning platform that encourages staff to learn the software and pursue product certifications. Employees are also encouraged to communicate with their managers, to ensure that they are taking the best path forward in their career at PBS. Your manager is also available for any discussions surrounding things like work-life balance, salary, or any other concerns you might have. Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. If you have any further comments or wish to discuss your review further, please reach out to Employee Relations at employeerelations@pbssystems.com.

5. 2.0

May 6, 2022 - Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long hours bad pay. Not much training

Cons

Brutal training. Not a fan.

2 people found this review helpful

PBS Systems Response

Hello and thank you for sharing a review with us. We are sorry that your current work experience is not meeting your expectations. There are several different training avenues available within the company, depending on the department you reside in, as well as your position. Additionally, we continue to develop our internal training and development resources, such as our in-house education platform, PBS Academy. If you are concerned that you have not received enough training for your role, or have any other concerns, we highly encourage you to speak with your manager, or reach out to Employee Relations (employeerelations@pbssystems.com).

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Account service representative

Apr 11, 2022 - Account Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Management Good people Good Growth Engaging work culture

Cons

Everything good , Nothing to complain about

1 person found this review helpful

PBS Systems Response

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your current employment experience at PBS. We couldn’t agree with you more that our people, engaging culture, and continued growth make this a great place to work. The employees at PBS are certainly one of our main assets, and we are proud of the individuals who represent our company! While we are pleased to hear that you have no complaints, we want you to know that if you ever have further comments or concerns you’d like to share, you can always reach out to Employee Relations at (employeerelations@pbssystems.com).

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company is woefully behind the times on L&D

Apr 18, 2022 - Learning Content Designer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very few/none to speak of.

Cons

Micromanagement from underqualified managers. This company has no idea how fast the L&D industry is leaving them behind. The managers in charge of L&D professionals have no idea what they're doing, no formal education in the field, and don't listen to staff who do. I now work for a tech company based in the US doing similar work and it's night and day.

3 people found this review helpful

PBS Systems Response

Hello, Thank you for sharing a review with us. We are sorry to hear that your work experience at PBS did not meet your expectations. Our outlook on educational opportunities at PBS continues to grow and thrive. Learning and development initiatives have evolved substantially at PBS over the last few years as our business continues to grow. Corporate Education most recently established our Leadership Development Program and Masterful Speaking Forums, both of which are excellent avenues for personal development and growth for our future leaders. These, in addition to the PBS Academy learning platform, are great tools which have continually progressed and improved. We are tremendously proud of our Corporate Education team, who have played a major role in paving the way forward for our staff, and we anticipate continued improvements where L&D is concerned. If you have any further comments, please reach out to Employee Relations at employeerelations@pbssystems.com.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Growing and improving

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

PBS has really looked at what employees want in the last year and addressed those concerns. An improved vacation policy, was very supportive during COVID, and the new building is beautiful with lots of parking.

Cons

Always room to improve but on the right track

PBS Systems Response

Hello! Thank you for sharing an honest review regarding your current employment experience with PBS. We are pleased that you recognize that PBS is ‘growing and improving’ and ‘on the right track.’ As you mention in your review, we have been making strides by addressing important concerns and issues, reviewing policies, and implementing various changes. The goal is to continue this path that is focused on supporting our people and the future of our business. We appreciate your feedback and thank you again for sharing your opinion. Your insight as a current PBS employee is incredibly valuable, as are your ongoing contributions to the company. If you wish to share anything further, please feel free to reach out to Employee Relations (employeerelations@pbssystems.com). Thank you!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

PBS Review

Mar 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

Very demanding, hectic, work pressure is very high

PBS Systems Response

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your employment experience. We are so glad that you see PBS as a great work environment and hope that you enjoyed your time here. While we are unsure what role you previously held with the company, we do understand that the positions in the organization come with varying levels of demand. Our constant state of change has likely also contributed to the working pressure. No matter the reason for these feelings, we understand that change comes with challenges, and we appreciate the hard work and dedication from all our staff – past and present – as we navigate these ups and downs. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good to be as a first job or if you just looking for a regular 9-5

Feb 23, 2022 - Technical Support in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to be as a first job or if you just looking for a regular 9-5 Easy to manage once you get used to. Most of the call are repetitive issue

Cons

- Promotion is considered base on seniority - Benefit program is very basic - Compensation is not a lot unless you agree to travel all the time

Communications Coordinator

Hello and thank you for sharing a review with us. We’re glad to have you onboard! Our company continues to grow at an extraordinary pace, and an abundance of change has already taken place. As we continue to move forward with further changes and new practices, our focus remains the same: our people. We’re driven to bolster the experience of each employee through various opportunities concentrated on individual growth and development. Newly created positions have provided different pathways for staff to seek experiences within the business that best fit them. These internal movements are common and have been very successful. Corporate Education has also put a tremendous effort towards developing opportunities for employees. Product certifications available through PBS Academy have consistently allowed staff to learn and understand the software, while also helping to increase their salaries. More recently, the team has introduced the Leadership Development Program and Masterful Speaking Forums that are aimed at personal development, assisting with progress and consistency in our current and future leaders. Knowing these options are available to you, we encourage you to speak with your manager or Employee Relations about your next steps. Who knows what the future at PBS holds for you! You can reach them at employeerelations@pbssystems.com and they're available for any other employment concerns you may have.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Reviews

PBS Systems Reviews FAQs

PBS Systems has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 123 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at PBS Systems to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PBS Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PBS Systems. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

55% of PBS Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PBS Systems 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PBS Systems to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with PBS Systems Job Seekers