PBS Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PBS Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at PBS Systems

2.7

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PBS Systems.

Interview

Spoke to GM at Mississagua office. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PBS Systems (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2019.

Interview

introduce yourself first, Tell them why hiring you, tell them your recent contribution to the team, Talk about your strengths and weaknesses,Tell them how you deal with the conflict between work and family, checking your visa

Forms Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PBS Systems (Calgary, AB) in February 2017.

Interview

One On Phone Interview with HR Manager and then One In person Interview with the department manager you applied in. The interview was not that hard and they are always hiring as everyone gets better job and leaves them.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PBS Systems (Calgary, AB) in December 2016.

Interview

Call from HR and then a face to face interview. Two managers in the room with me. Overall it was quite simple. Not very intimidating and quite relaxed. It was more like a conversation to gauge my personality and how i would fit with the company.

Training Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PBS Systems (Calgary, AB) in November 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard process. Had two seperate on the phone interviews, one with HR and one with the program manager, as well as one in person with two managers. Overall quite intensive but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What out of your prior experience do you think prepares you for this role?   Answer Question

Chief Bottle-washer, Scoundrel and Millennium Falcon Guru Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PBS Systems (Calgary, AB) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewer sent an email confirming the time and date to call me. At 5-7 minutes after the scheduled time I had to call into the PBS Systems offices to get a hold of my interviewer. No apology - maybe a test to see how resourceful I could be in dialing a number rather than clicking a mouse.
    The next 5-10 minutes were spent reviewing my resume; basically confirming all the stuff I had listed.

The discussions around both compensation range and hiring time frames were non-committal. The politically correct scripted reply was either a low salary (highly likely) with higher bonus or a higher base (yeah, right) with a lower bonus. This doesn't really matter as the interviewer stated any compensation plan in place would change after 6 months. So the cup is half empty or half full?

The person who interviewed me was fresh meat to the organization and went on about how lucky they were to find work at this company. No doubt, as I later found out on a social media site that PBS Systems staff turnover is fast and furious. Too many lame typical interview 101 questions were asked by the interviewer but no information was really shared about the role as my more pointed questions were deflected as "the hiring manager will answer those at the appropriate time". I felt the interviewer was challenged on being interviewed themselves and simply wanted short yes answers as responses. Maybe the interviewer was thinking about what to eat at lunch or at snack time rather than focus on the task at hand.

My interviewer seemed somewhat annoyed when I mentioned their direct competition by name and rank (one of which is on my follow up interview list; Google is your friend) and that I asked them why PBS Systems was a better company to work for? In fact, the interviewer didn't seem to convey much knowledge about the company whatsoever. They did inform me that all their happy employees participated in a company sponsored annual convention. Really? I think the destination mentioned was Kansas so I clicked my heels to see if my journey was on the yellow brick road to OZ! I was right about a dark swirling cloud covering this experience. No Toto, this isn't Kansas but there is an evil witch on the other end of this phone line! That cackle you hear isn't a bad connection - it's just bad.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What prompted you to apply at PBS Systems?   1 Answer
    • Would it bother you if the company president was a foul mouthed buffoon who cheats his workers and openly favors family members who slack off and ride his coat tails at the expense of the other employees?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to this position and to PBS Systems?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.