73% would recommend to a friend
(64 total reviews)
79% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are nice" (in 15 reviews)
- "The leadership is committed to building a long" (in 7 reviews)
- "An extremely efficient team, minimal redundant process" (in 7 reviews)
- "Things aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture." (in 6 reviews)
- "great work life balance" (in 4 reviews)
- "Inexperienced CEO who portrays transparency but doesn't execute." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Disability
This rating reflects the overall rating of Opencare and is not affected by filters.
Found 64 of over 68 reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Apr 28, 2023Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
- employees get a lot of autonomy to work on projects they believe in and that can help the organization grow. - the organization is performance-driven and provides all the necessary tools to help employees identify how they can make an impact and how the organization is doing. - the leadership team is experienced, communicative, and willingly transparent - strong collaborative culture
- the team is small and very global, as a result, it is hard to organize in-person events/socials and develop a strong social culture
- 5.0Aug 18, 2022Account ExecutiveFormer Employee
Awesome, passionate and motivated people. Great perks and benefits Treat employees very well A lot of autonomy and ability to think and try things outside the box Overall really loved the experience here.
The dental industry is a little archaic and dealing with customers in this industry is not always that enjoyable. In general VC funded fashion, it's about growth and not necessarily profitability. Not just an Opencare problem, it's an easy money sloshing around in the system problem and VC's looking for quick returns vs building long term sustainable businesses. This is likely the majority of VC funded startups unfortunately.2
- 2.0Oct 26, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
Flexible scheduling, minor micromanaging from leaderships.
Management team will fire you with no warning or heads up or meeting about performance. They believe in fire fast and hire quicker, when you ask for support or training they will act like they want to help but not put anything in motion for you to succeed. No training once hired, they recycle leads instead of introducing fresh ones for your team to tackle. This company does not value it's employees only a dollar and I could not urge you more to find somewhere that will put actual effort and support towards you as an employee!
- 5.0Apr 18, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Opencare is one of the best companies I have worked for with some of the smartest and brightest individuals. Contrary to some reviews, the team is lead by knowledgable, empathic and well rounded leaders/ executives. Some of the perks/ pros of working for Opencare are 100% remote working with a culture that embraces work life balance. Opencare offers unlimited PTO which shows a level of trust among employees and the company to use the time off when you need it to rest and recharge. If that's not enough, the company also shuts down during the Christmas break as a thank you for all the work done during the year. Other perks include - company grant options, health and dental coverage, opportunities for growth and learning, a leadership team that is receptive to feedback and continued recognition from immediate and cross functional teams for job well done
Since Opencare is so receptive to feedback, there aren't any cons as it stands. However, if Opencare could implement an RRSP program for current employees, that would be great
- 3.0Feb 14, 2023Account ExecutiveFormer Employee
Creative sales approach. Great team members and people.
Lots of travel. Sales targets increased month over month.1Opencare Response9mo
Hello, Thank you for providing us with this review. We are happy to see the positive comments regarding our sales team and their creative approaches! As for the cons, with the pandemic, our sales team have transitioned into a fully remote environment and have remained remote since. If you wish to provide additional feedback, we would be happy to chat at People@opencare.com
- 5.0Sept 6, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Very open to experimentation. Willing to see what sticks and has the data to back it up - Team moves quickly from one area of concern to another, leveraging SMEs and consultants to support implementation - Always a new problem to solve and area of focus - Remote-first work environment, with a focus on getting the job done vs showing up to meetings
- Can sometimes pivot focus to quickly, leaving behind opportunities in markets that are later revisited - Turnover has been very low lately (last 9 months), but had gone through changes before that - Can be a difficult product to sell in certain markets
- 1.0Jan 16, 2023Sales Development Representative (SDR)Former Employee, less than 1 year
Fake Unlimited Vacation given to employees
Leadership here is not great No room for growth. Randomly fires Sales Team often2Opencare Response10mo
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt there was no room for growth within the organization. We ensure our employees are on track with their career trajectories and growth journeys at Opencare through biannual performance reviews, development plans and learning reimbursements for employees who wish to expand their skill set and knowledge. Personnel decisions made by Opencare are made after careful thought and are never random. We hold our sales team to a high standard and provide continual feedback and coaching to ensure that all team members are on track with their expected quotas and metrics and offer support as much as we can. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at People@opencare.com
- 5.0Apr 18, 2022Finance ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great place to work Everyone is friendly and always willing to help Christmas break shutdown Work from Home Full Time Social events (Zoom) every other week on Fridays to play games Everyone committed to the same goal Weekly check-ins with Management which allows them to help with any Blockers, lots of transparency
No RRSP Contributions (typical of a Startup)
Opencare Reviews FAQs
Opencare has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Opencare to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
73% of Opencare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Opencare 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.