Opencare Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Opencare Interview Questions

Interviews at Opencare

Growth Interview

Interview

There was a screening, then topgrading, then case study, then founders interview, then culture interview. Topgrading is a lengthy process, where they delve into your every part of your school and work experiences.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Sep. 24, 2018 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are continuing to work and iterate on the interview process to ensure it's the best possible version.
    mike.bettley@opencare.com

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in December 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with typical HR questions. Scheduled an onsite that had 2 technical problems and 1 behavioral stage. Questions were leetcode easy and medium, I solved both (albeit not in most optimized solution). I felt that the behavioral when well too. I ended up being rejected but the process was positive.

Customer Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

I believe some people bring shame onto name of a good company and the recruiter who contacted me was one such person. She sent me an email to schedule an telephonic discussion and I shared my available time slots on her online calendar. A few hours later she said that she has another meeting, please reschedule. I did it again and interview was confirmed. On the day of the interview, she did not call at the agreed time. I followed up and there she is, saying my other meeting went overboard. Talked to me about my skills (I was overqualified for this role) but I was still was humble and polite. The response from her, unappreciative and I felt she didn't even had the slightest idea about what the role is all about. (Trust me, I have been in the role since she graduated her college). Anyway, she says she will get back and let me tell you, when recruiter says they will get back, it means we can't afford you or you are overqualified for this job.

It was a waste of time as I got the response recently that your skills don't match to our needs. As a Recruiter, don't you see a persons application to see of skills match or not. Also the recruiter's original emails says the team is impressed with my background and suddenly there is no match. Please do not think low of other people and get your facts right before wasting people's time.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Jun. 10, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Really appreciate you sharing feedback like this as it helps us grow and improve as an organisation. In a startup there are lots of moving pieces and sometimes meetings do have to be moved last minute, but that doesn't excuse us of our responsibility to communicate these changes to you in a timely and thoughtful manner.

I'll be looking into this case and will make changes to our process to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'd love the opportunity to discuss this further if you would like to reach out to me at mike@opencare.com

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

The role was referred to me by a recruiter. After being selected for interview, I was schedule for a 30 minutes call with HR which was smooth and informative. The second step was a 2 hour long case, which was just the right about of difficulty. The next step was a ~1 hour culture interview with two current (non-finance) employees.

Advice:
    1. While I understand the company’s will to protect the culture and being very selective in the hiring process to look for “fit”, I would suggest putting the culture interview before any long time commitment cases. While all candidates show respect and interest through these commitments to write a case, they also expect to have a chance to meet the hiring manager who is the one truly looking to hire. If there is going to be a very important filter through the culture process, then it would be better to ask only those who pass the culture round to write the case, then meet the hiring manager. As a candidate, it felt strangely disrespectful not having a chance to meet the hiring manager after 3 rounds.
    2. It’s fine to have people representing different functions within the organization to do the culture interview but it would be better if that group included either the hiring manager himself or an HR specialists. Finance is a specialized function and I am concerned that examples given for behaviour type of questions in the work context is not correctly interpreted by people with completely different backgrounds.
    3. wish the entire interview process was more transparent upfront instead of finding out what the next step is only after having passed the previous.

Overall, I think the interviews and test cases themselves are fine, but found the process a bit frustrating. I probably spent 2 hours coordinating with recruiter and another 4+ hours doing interviews/writing case...yet I was eliminated from the process before meeting the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Apr. 29, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. Clearly we didn't set this process up well in this case and we're very sorry that you had a negative experience through the process. This is the last thing we want to happen and we will go back and re-evaluate the order of interviews to make sure it's a better experience going forward. If you'd like to reach out to me directly (mike@opencare.com), I'd be very interested in hearing more about your experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opencare (Oakville, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Unfortunately this has been the 2nd time my scheduled phone interview has been cancelled. While I understand circumstances come up, a quick email advising either you’ll be late or cancelling the meeting would have been much appreciated.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Apr. 15, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your feedback, looks like there was a breakdown in communication here and I'd love to get some extra context so we can address this problem. Whilst we do try hard to give everyone a great experience, this clearly isn't meeting our standards.
    If you could reach out to me at mike@opencare.com I'd like the opportunity to hear more about your experience.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview was done by an internal HR person. Asked me questions about my work history and why I would like to work with Opencare. The person doing the interview was not well versed with the tech stack themselves , so it was kind of weird that their response after the first hr chat was that they would not go ahead because of my knowledge and experience.

I mean they did not even have my resume at this point , and did not even have a technical person evaluate me, so I found that claim to be very ill placed .

Interview Questions

• Q. Why would you like to move from your current work place?
      Q. Questions about their culture etc   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

Quick phone call pre-screening and then a 2 hour culture interview (that I was told would be 1.5 hours). Culture interview was long and a bit awkward. I was warned that I would feel interrogated because 3 people were asking me questions directly but it was worse than I thought it would be!

2 hours for a culture interview is a lot - hard to schedule when you already have a job.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Mar. 11, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience speaking to the team, we always want candidates to have a positive experience and feel like they are having a conversation, definitely not an interrogation.

Obviously this didn't happen this time and I'd love to hear a little more so we can continue to improve our process and provide coaching to our teams. Please reach out to me at mike@opencare.com to chat further.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 parts: phone interview and 2 on-site interviews. If I would've passed, there would've been another interview with the founder.
    The first on-site interview was finding out about my history and me. I was interviewed by 2 people for about 1.5 hours.
    The second on-site was another on-site behavioural interview with 3 team members. I found this interview a lot more difficult than other behavioural interviews. I have never been interviewed by 3 people before and it was a bit intimidating.
    I didn't pass this level. Make sure to be clear in your communication!

Interview Questions

• Why Opencare?   Answer Question
    • Which one of our core values (found on the website) do you identify with most? What about the least?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare.

Interview

Intro call with the recruiter
    Two hours with the culture team
    Two hours with the hiring manager
    Hours with founders and hiring manager

Recruiter was great. Always under promising and over delivering with news about next steps. Hiring manager wasn’t the best with timelines. Was flaky the one day and then was told I’d hear that day and it took me reaching out to find out the outcome.
    Was impressed with their feedback though. It was constructive which is really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you used data to make an important decision in your personal life?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to bend the rules to get something done   Answer Question
    • What is something your current manager would say you need to improve on and something they like?   Answer Question

Feb. 19, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are continuing to grow and improve so I will be sharing your feedback internally to help us get better.

If you have additional comments I would welcome the chance to hear more, please reach out to mike@opencare.com.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in July 2018.

Interview

Had an initial phone conversation, met with the person who would be my manager, and then had a panel interview with multiple members of their team. The process took about two weeks. Questions are pretty straight forward, all situational and behavioral, mostly based on what your experiences are and how they relate to the position. They're big on culture fit, and tout all these great claims of how progressive and forward thinking they are interns of their approach to people and culture etc. What was very unpleasant and worked to diminish their claims is that after having multiple interviews and meeting many members of their team not one person ever followed up regarding a decision on my candidacy. Even after I had sent follow up emails, nothing. Just silence. From a company that claims to operate on a higher plain I would have expected a bit more.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst question we could ask you right now? Tell us about a process you developed.   Answer Question

Sep. 24, 2018 – Senior Talent Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, you have every right to be disappointed as this is really not up to our expectations. We do now have processes in place to ensure that interview feedback is shared promptly and transparently to avoid this happening again.
    If you would like to discuss this further I would welcome the chat!
    mike.bettley@opencare.com

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.