Opencare Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Opencare Interview Questions

Interviews at Opencare

Growth Interview

Interview

There was a screening, then topgrading, then case study, then founders interview, then culture interview. Topgrading is a lengthy process, where they delve into your every part of your school and work experiences.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Sep. 24, 2018 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are continuing to work and iterate on the interview process to ensure it's the best possible version.
    Mike
    mike.bettley@opencare.com

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

The role was referred to me by a recruiter. After being selected for interview, I was schedule for a 30 minutes call with HR which was smooth and informative. The second step was a 2 hour long case, which was just the right about of difficulty. The next step was a ~1 hour culture interview with two current (non-finance) employees.

Advice:
    1. While I understand the company’s will to protect the culture and being very selective in the hiring process to look for “fit”, I would suggest putting the culture interview before any long time commitment cases. While all candidates show respect and interest through these commitments to write a case, they also expect to have a chance to meet the hiring manager who is the one truly looking to hire. If there is going to be a very important filter through the culture process, then it would be better to ask only those who pass the culture round to write the case, then meet the hiring manager. As a candidate, it felt strangely disrespectful not having a chance to meet the hiring manager after 3 rounds.
    2. It’s fine to have people representing different functions within the organization to do the culture interview but it would be better if that group included either the hiring manager himself or an HR specialists. Finance is a specialized function and I am concerned that examples given for behaviour type of questions in the work context is not correctly interpreted by people with completely different backgrounds.
    3. wish the entire interview process was more transparent upfront instead of finding out what the next step is only after having passed the previous.

Overall, I think the interviews and test cases themselves are fine, but found the process a bit frustrating. I probably spent 2 hours coordinating with recruiter and another 4+ hours doing interviews/writing case...yet I was eliminated from the process before meeting the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Apr. 29, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. Clearly we didn't set this process up well in this case and we're very sorry that you had a negative experience through the process. This is the last thing we want

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

Quick phone call pre-screening and then a 2 hour culture interview (that I was told would be 1.5 hours). Culture interview was long and a bit awkward. I was warned that I would feel interrogated because 3 people were asking me questions directly but it was worse than I thought it would be!

2 hours for a culture interview is a lot - hard to schedule when you already have a job.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Mar. 11, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience speaking to the team, we always want candidates to have a positive experience and feel like they are having a conversation, definitely not an

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in July 2018.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with HR setup. He cancelled the first one 15 minutes before our call and said would reschedule. He rescheduled for a week later for a phone call that lasted 20 minutes. He asked me the basic customer success type of questions, but didn't seem too knowledgeable on the role itself. I felft that I was overqualified for the role but still went ahead with the next step in the process. I was invited for an on site interview the following week. I took a half day off work to attend the interview, but received an email 1 hour before the scheduled interview stating that it had been cancelled and would reschedule. I followed up twice in 1 week and was ghosted - no response!!

I expected more from Opencare, but was very disappointed at the disrespect I experienced.

Sep. 24, 2018 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for sharing the feedback about your experience. This is obviously not up to standard and we have taken action to implement standards and procedures to prevent this happening again. If you

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Had an initial phone conversation, met with the person who would be my manager, and then had a panel interview with multiple members of their team. The process took about two weeks. Questions are pretty straight forward, all situational and behavioral, mostly based on what your experiences are and how they relate to the position. They're big on culture fit, and tout all these great claims of how progressive and forward thinking they are interns of their approach to people and culture etc. What was very unpleasant and worked to diminish their claims is that after having multiple interviews and meeting many members of their team not one person ever followed up regarding a decision on my candidacy. Even after I had sent follow up emails, nothing. Just silence. From a company that claims to operate on a higher plain I would have expected a bit more.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst question we could ask you right now? Tell us about a process you developed.   Answer Question

Sep. 24, 2018 – Senior Talent Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, you have every right to be disappointed as this is really not up to our expectations. We do now have processes in place to ensure that

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare.

Interview

Intro call with the recruiter
    Two hours with the culture team
    Two hours with the hiring manager
    Hours with founders and hiring manager

Recruiter was great. Always under promising and over delivering with news about next steps. Hiring manager wasn’t the best with timelines. Was flaky the one day and then was told I’d hear that day and it took me reaching out to find out the outcome.
    Was impressed with their feedback though. It was constructive which is really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you used data to make an important decision in your personal life?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to bend the rules to get something done   Answer Question
    • What is something your current manager would say you need to improve on and something they like?   Answer Question

Feb. 19, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are continuing to grow and improve so I will be sharing your feedback internally to help us get better.

If you have additional comments I would

Customer Support Interview

Interview

I went through the test first, then made several tasks that the former CTO gave me. They were tasks to change some data in the database or help people create and fill out a profile on our website. Also I had to answer some typical questions that users usually ask. After that I was given some possible scenarios of the problem and I needed to provide the best solution to it from my standpoint.

Interview Questions

• What is the action if the agent that is installed on a customers computer breaks?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opencare (Oakville, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Unfortunately this has been the 2nd time my scheduled phone interview has been cancelled. While I understand circumstances come up, a quick email advising either you’ll be late or cancelling the meeting would have been much appreciated.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Apr. 15, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your feedback, looks like there was a breakdown in communication here and I'd love to get some extra context so we can address this problem. Whilst we do try hard to

Practice Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in May 2018.

Interview

TA person from a recruitment agency reached out to me about OpenCare on LinkedIn. I accepted the phone interview opportunity they provided to me. They failed to call me on the scheduled date twice, until we finally spoke the third time. We had another phone interview again, this time with the same person and someone else, they emailed me a couple days later saying I didn't get the job. The interview process was very poorly done and unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Jan. 28, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback, it helps us get better and improve the experience for everyone. I'm sorry you didn't have the best process but I'd welcome the opportunity to chat in more detail

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 parts: phone interview and 2 on-site interviews. If I would've passed, there would've been another interview with the founder.
    The first on-site interview was finding out about my history and me. I was interviewed by 2 people for about 1.5 hours.
    The second on-site was another on-site behavioural interview with 3 team members. I found this interview a lot more difficult than other behavioural interviews. I have never been interviewed by 3 people before and it was a bit intimidating.
    I didn't pass this level. Make sure to be clear in your communication!

Interview Questions

• Why Opencare?   Answer Question
    • Which one of our core values (found on the website) do you identify with most? What about the least?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.