Opencare Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Opencare Interview Questions

Interviews at Opencare

3.1

Growth Interview

Interview

There was a screening, then topgrading, then case study, then founders interview, then culture interview. Topgrading is a lengthy process, where they delve into your every part of your school and work experiences.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Sep. 24, 2018 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are continuing to work and iterate on the interview process to ensure it's the best possible version.
    mike.bettley@opencare.com

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opencare.

Interview

Applied through their website in the fall of 2019 and received a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview wasn't very technical and they just asked about personal projects and the courses that you're taking at school.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was understandably quite intensive given the seniority of the role. This included 4 rounds of interviews with various key staff, a fairly involved case study and 6 references. I successfully completed all the necessary steps and received, what I would describe, as very positive feedback. Especially considering I had a one on one meeting with the founder in their office and lunch with members of the team. Unfortunately, this was right before all the mandatory COVID restrictions were implemented province wide. Understandably, this caused the hiring process to be halted as this was an uncertain and difficult time for everyone. However, I was told that the role was still vital to the company and despite not being made a formal offer I would be treated as an 'employee' and kept up to speed with their situation and hiring process. No formal promises were made as this was an uncertain time, but I was asked if things were to open up in July would I still to be open to that. I was open to this suggestion and communicated as such. There was no further contact from the company after this point and they just re-posted the position in June. I was a little bit surprised, so I proactively reached out for an update on the role. I received no response at all, and still have not and the role remains open. I am not making light of the ordeal we have just faced, but a simple communication closing the loop would have been sufficient, instead of being blatantly ignored. I want to believe this was a result of poor organization rather than unprofessionalism. I hope future hires do not face a similar situation.

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in December 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with typical HR questions. Scheduled an onsite that had 2 technical problems and 1 behavioral stage. Questions were leetcode easy and medium, I solved both (albeit not in most optimized solution). I felt that the behavioral when well too. I ended up being rejected but the process was positive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in October 2019.

Interview

Straightforward interview process, people seem engaged and the company seems a good place to work. The only criticism is that the interviewer seem pre-occupied on educational background and personally I felt lots of hard work and experience can get brushed aside if your educational background isn't perceived well. Not the most inclusive hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your educational background. Where you in the top percentile of your student in your year? What would you have done differently?   1 Answer

Customer Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

I believe some people bring shame onto name of a good company and the recruiter who contacted me was one such person. She sent me an email to schedule an telephonic discussion and I shared my available time slots on her online calendar. A few hours later she said that she has another meeting, please reschedule. I did it again and interview was confirmed. On the day of the interview, she did not call at the agreed time. I followed up and there she is, saying my other meeting went overboard. Talked to me about my skills (I was overqualified for this role) but I was still was humble and polite. The response from her, unappreciative and I felt she didn't even had the slightest idea about what the role is all about. (Trust me, I have been in the role since she graduated her college). Anyway, she says she will get back and let me tell you, when recruiter says they will get back, it means we can't afford you or you are overqualified for this job.

It was a waste of time as I got the response recently that your skills don't match to our needs. As a Recruiter, don't you see a persons application to see of skills match or not. Also the recruiter's original emails says the team is impressed with my background and suddenly there is no match. Please do not think low of other people and get your facts right before wasting people's time.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Jun. 10, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Really appreciate you sharing feedback like this as it helps us grow and improve as an organisation. In a startup there are lots of moving pieces and sometimes meetings do have to be moved last minute, but that doesn't excuse us of our responsibility to communicate these changes to you in a timely and thoughtful manner.

I'll be looking into this case and will make changes to our process to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'd love the opportunity to discuss this further if you would like to reach out to me at mike@opencare.com

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

The role was referred to me by a recruiter. After being selected for interview, I was schedule for a 30 minutes call with HR which was smooth and informative. The second step was a 2 hour long case, which was just the right about of difficulty. The next step was a ~1 hour culture interview with two current (non-finance) employees.

Advice:
    1. While I understand the company’s will to protect the culture and being very selective in the hiring process to look for “fit”, I would suggest putting the culture interview before any long time commitment cases. While all candidates show respect and interest through these commitments to write a case, they also expect to have a chance to meet the hiring manager who is the one truly looking to hire. If there is going to be a very important filter through the culture process, then it would be better to ask only those who pass the culture round to write the case, then meet the hiring manager. As a candidate, it felt strangely disrespectful not having a chance to meet the hiring manager after 3 rounds.
    2. It’s fine to have people representing different functions within the organization to do the culture interview but it would be better if that group included either the hiring manager himself or an HR specialists. Finance is a specialized function and I am concerned that examples given for behaviour type of questions in the work context is not correctly interpreted by people with completely different backgrounds.
    3. wish the entire interview process was more transparent upfront instead of finding out what the next step is only after having passed the previous.

Overall, I think the interviews and test cases themselves are fine, but found the process a bit frustrating. I probably spent 2 hours coordinating with recruiter and another 4+ hours doing interviews/writing case...yet I was eliminated from the process before meeting the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Apr. 29, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. Clearly we didn't set this process up well in this case and we're very sorry that you had a negative experience through the process. This is the last thing we want to happen and we will go back and re-evaluate the order of interviews to make sure it's a better experience going forward. If you'd like to reach out to me directly (mike@opencare.com), I'd be very interested in hearing more about your experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opencare (Oakville, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Unfortunately this has been the 2nd time my scheduled phone interview has been cancelled. While I understand circumstances come up, a quick email advising either you’ll be late or cancelling the meeting would have been much appreciated.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Apr. 15, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your feedback, looks like there was a breakdown in communication here and I'd love to get some extra context so we can address this problem. Whilst we do try hard to give everyone a great experience, this clearly isn't meeting our standards.
    If you could reach out to me at mike@opencare.com I'd like the opportunity to hear more about your experience.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview was done by an internal HR person. Asked me questions about my work history and why I would like to work with Opencare. The person doing the interview was not well versed with the tech stack themselves , so it was kind of weird that their response after the first hr chat was that they would not go ahead because of my knowledge and experience.

I mean they did not even have my resume at this point , and did not even have a technical person evaluate me, so I found that claim to be very ill placed .

Interview Questions

• Q. Why would you like to move from your current work place?
      Q. Questions about their culture etc   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

Quick phone call pre-screening and then a 2 hour culture interview (that I was told would be 1.5 hours). Culture interview was long and a bit awkward. I was warned that I would feel interrogated because 3 people were asking me questions directly but it was worse than I thought it would be!

2 hours for a culture interview is a lot - hard to schedule when you already have a job.

Interview Questions

Opencare Response

Mar. 11, 2019 – Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience speaking to the team, we always want candidates to have a positive experience and feel like they are having a conversation, definitely not an interrogation.

Obviously this didn't happen this time and I'd love to hear a little more so we can continue to improve our process and provide coaching to our teams. Please reach out to me at mike@opencare.com to chat further.

Mike

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.