Opencare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

Employee Referral6%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Opencare

Opencare

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Opencare in Sep 2021

Interview

Was told it would be an initial phone call, then was asked to go on video which I hadn't prepared for. The interview was fine, they fired the entire marketing department apparently and only had some contractors. Wasn't sure they knew what they wanted out of the role, but they didn't proceed with me either way. The CEO did the first round of interviews so I'm guessing it's a pretty slim team, he seemed nice. Overall, fine experience.

Interview Questions
  • Experience with Data Experience with SEO
    Answer Question

Opencare

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Opencare

Interview

Very welcoming and open, they took the time to explain the role, company, and allow you to interact with multiple team members. It was a long interview but they gave breaks and lunch which was appreciated.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

This was one of the longest, unorganized and by far the worst interview process I've ever experienced. I made it all the way to the final rounds and in the end, decided this is not the place for me. The initial outreach they did was good, but then it all went downhill as I was asked to do about 6 interviews over the course of two-three months with no feedback or communication in between proving they had no respect of candidates' time invested. The interviewers were all so immature and inexperienced and they are given too much power to make decisions, and they are not senior members of the company. The case study was really two case studies in one and took a huge time investment, only to find that the case study reviewers were not prepared, or even paid attention during the presentation. I would give examples of things I've done or would do in the interview that later they brought up as if it was the first time they thought of the topic, which proved they were not listening. If they aren't reading off a script of interview questions, they have no idea what to say or ask and they certainly have no clue how to interview for potential. I was shocked that they would give this much control to inexperienced interviewers in making important hiring decisions for a senior role like this. If this is a taste of the culture, then no thank you to Opencare. During the pandemic, most people are not even going to the dentist so the future of the company is questionable.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Opencare

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opencare

Interview

Quick phone screen interview and a 3-hour final interview. The process was very efficient and simple, and it was great that they didn’t draw the process out with multiple interview rounds.

Interview Questions
  • What would make you not want to work here? What would the deal-breaker be?

Opencare

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opencare

Interview

Applied through their website in the fall of 2019 and received a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview wasn't very technical and they just asked about personal projects and the courses that you're taking at school.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Opencare

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opencare in Apr 2020

Interview

Phone Interview; Didn't get the job (different experience expectations) but I appreciate the quick turn-around, personalized message, and overall pleasant experience. Would recommend those interested to apply. The only feedback I would have is that I found it odd that the first contact interview is with a potential coworker.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process was understandably quite intensive given the seniority of the role. This included 4 rounds of interviews with various key staff, a fairly involved case study and 6 references. I successfully completed all the necessary steps and received, what I would describe, as very positive feedback. Especially considering I had a one on one meeting with the founder in their office and lunch with members of the team. Unfortunately, this was right before all the mandatory COVID restrictions were implemented province wide. Understandably, this caused the hiring process to be halted as this was an uncertain and difficult time for everyone. However, I was told that the role was still vital to the company and despite not being made a formal offer I would be treated as an 'employee' and kept up to speed with their situation and hiring process. No formal promises were made as this was an uncertain time, but I was asked if things were to open up in July would I still to be open to that. I was open to this suggestion and communicated as such. There was no further contact from the company after this point and they just re-posted the position in June. I was a little bit surprised, so I proactively reached out for an update on the role. I received no response at all, and still have not and the role remains open. I am not making light of the ordeal we have just faced, but a simple communication closing the loop would have been sufficient, instead of being blatantly ignored. I want to believe this was a result of poor organization rather than unprofessionalism. I hope future hires do not face a similar situation.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2019

Interview

Started with a phone screen with typical HR questions. Scheduled an onsite that had 2 technical problems and 1 behavioral stage. Questions were leetcode easy and medium, I solved both (albeit not in most optimized solution). I felt that the behavioral when well too. I ended up being rejected but the process was positive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in May 2019

Interview

I believe some people bring shame onto name of a good company and the recruiter who contacted me was one such person. She sent me an email to schedule an telephonic discussion and I shared my available time slots on her online calendar. A few hours later she said that she has another meeting, please reschedule. I did it again and interview was confirmed. On the day of the interview, she did not call at the agreed time. I followed up and there she is, saying my other meeting went overboard. Talked to me about my skills (I was overqualified for this role) but I was still was humble and polite. The response from her, unappreciative and I felt she didn't even had the slightest idea about what the role is all about. (Trust me, I have been in the role since she graduated her college). Anyway, she says she will get back and let me tell you, when recruiter says they will get back, it means we can't afford you or you are overqualified for this job. It was a waste of time as I got the response recently that your skills don't match to our needs. As a Recruiter, don't you see a persons application to see of skills match or not. Also the recruiter's original emails says the team is impressed with my background and suddenly there is no match. Please do not think low of other people and get your facts right before wasting people's time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opencare (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2019

Interview

The role was referred to me by a recruiter. After being selected for interview, I was schedule for a 30 minutes call with HR which was smooth and informative. The second step was a 2 hour long case, which was just the right about of difficulty. The next step was a ~1 hour culture interview with two current (non-finance) employees. Advice: 1. While I understand the company’s will to protect the culture and being very selective in the hiring process to look for “fit”, I would suggest putting the culture interview before any long time commitment cases. While all candidates show respect and interest through these commitments to write a case, they also expect to have a chance to meet the hiring manager who is the one truly looking to hire. If there is going to be a very important filter through the culture process, then it would be better to ask only those who pass the culture round to write the case, then meet the hiring manager. As a candidate, it felt strangely disrespectful not having a chance to meet the hiring manager after 3 rounds. 2. It’s fine to have people representing different functions within the organization to do the culture interview but it would be better if that group included either the hiring manager himself or an HR specialists. Finance is a specialized function and I am concerned that examples given for behaviour type of questions in the work context is not correctly interpreted by people with completely different backgrounds. 3. wish the entire interview process was more transparent upfront instead of finding out what the next step is only after having passed the previous. Overall, I think the interviews and test cases themselves are fine, but found the process a bit frustrating. I probably spent 2 hours coordinating with recruiter and another 4+ hours doing interviews/writing case...yet I was eliminated from the process before meeting the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews