LifeWorks Reviews

Found 1,061 of over 1,250 reviews

3.6
LifeWorks President and CEO Stephen Liptrap
Stephen Liptrap
Pros
  • "Especially grateful that we have technology in place to allow us to seamlessly continue our work from home(in 65 reviews)

• "Healthy work life balance, company practices what they preach(in 55 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work/life balance, expectation is you work 24x7(in 30 reviews)

• "None for now except for a bit of the low pay(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work, learn and grow

Aug 26, 2021 - Clinical Manager in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Morneau Shepell has empowered me. As a single mother with the full care of my young child, I have not only achieved a Worklife balance but I have also grown professionally. Morneau Shepell has given me the tools and encouragement I need to succeed and grow within the company. The opportunity for growth is amazing. I started in our call center as a single session clinician and I am now a clinical manager. I am excited for the future of Morneau Shepell and my clinical team.

Cons

Like most businesses today, there are a lot of structural changes to meet both business and client needs. I personally love the challenge, moving with the changes and growing my portfolio so this suits me well. This is not a con for me however, I can see how this can be for some.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

Sep 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance and great environment

Cons

low salary and slow career advancement

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0

press benefits and pension

Sep 16, 2021 - Pension Technician in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

great work-life balance and EXTREMELY flexible schedule.

Cons

limited work work culture interaction.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great environment

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of opportunities to grow as well as the environment is amazing

Cons

Compensation is not the best compare to other places

LifeWorks Response

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We take pride in our employees’ contributions to the company, and strive to offer competitive compensation for their time. Roles are always changing, and I encourage you to visit LifeWorks’ Careers Page to see if there are any open positions which may also be a good fit for your experience. Thank you again for your hard work; you can always reach us at stephen.muscat@lifeworks.com. Sincerely, Stephen Muscat Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition, Human Resources LifeWorks

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Team & Opportunity to Learn

Aug 24, 2021 - Senior Pricing Analyst in Don Mills, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, friendly, hardworking colleagues and leadership team that connect well! Makes everyone feel included right from the start! Workload can get heavy at times but team works together to help complete tasks. Manager empowers the team and does not micromanage. Role requires you to interact with several other teams in the company allowing for great growth and development Work from home flexibility with relatively flexible hours (830-430, 9-5, 930-530 etc.,) based on your day. Company handled the situation around the pandemic extremely well! Room for growth within the role and within the company.

Cons

Lots of product to learn Benefit plan could have better options Workload can have pressing timelines (but managers are hands on to help support the workload.) Work-life balance is a give and take; some days can be long and others days give it back so cant complain!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Commitment to Social Responsibility

Aug 26, 2021 - Vice President in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

LifeWorks is a fast paced environment that balances growth with social responsibility. While work demands are high there is reassurance that time and financial assets are being invested in employees. Quick pivot during pandemic to work from home, empathy circles to support employee's, I&D training for all managers. A caring and committed leadership.

Cons

information overload at times which can be overwhelming, recent move to a central intra platform has helped alleviate the confusion and there is greater clarity all in one spot.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee

This is just my opinion

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have the opportunity to work from home.

Cons

The salary is not enough for the amount of work you do.

LifeWorks Response

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We take pride in our employees’ contributions to the company, and strive to offer competitive compensation for their time. Roles are always changing, and I encourage you to visit LifeWorks’ Careers Page to see if there are any open positions which may also be a good fit for your experience. Thank you again for your hard work; you can always reach us at stephen.muscat@LifeWorks.com. Sincerely, Stephen Muscat Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition, Human Resources LifeWorks

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

High work load

Sep 5, 2021 - Proposal Writer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

good location. Well known brand.

Cons

high work load, manager lacks proper managerial skills and isn't honest nor helpful in helping you improve.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to learn, but limited opportunities

Aug 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility of hours and schedule Opportunity to take on complex projects and learn

Cons

Compensation scheme is low High turnover and sometimes disorganized

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Company with purpose...

Aug 13, 2021 - Corporate in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team members who genuinely care about the company's purpose Great global opportunities Strong growth potential for development Progressive benefits

Cons

Rome wasn't built in a day. It will take time to integrate the different acquisitions that have happened, but loads of potential.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,061 Reviews