InVision Reviews

Found 259 of over 267 reviews

3.8
InVision CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg
Pros
  • "Remote work really enables you to live your best life at work and home(in 56 reviews)

• "Complete flexiblity, people work from home or remotely(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Remote work environment isn't for everyone(in 21 reviews)

• "You have to be very motivated to work from home(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Tech

84K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=InVision~912781
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Changes have us on the right track!

Apr 6, 2020 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring team. Lot's of amazing people. Tons of opportunities to have impact and do your best work. Lot's of ability to challenge yourself and take on super interesting projects. Fully distributed work environment. Great work/life balance. Competitive compensation.

Cons

Competitive software category. Delivering product updates and re platforming is hard.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, but falling apart now

Feb 10, 2020 - Strategic Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Pay - Great Benefits - Flexible Work hours

Cons

- Lots of attrition - Tough to make friends - No direction

9 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Engaging Company Culture

Jan 29, 2020 - Undisclosed
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent organization - frequent company hands-on calls. CEO encourages employees to provide critical feedback and challenge anything/everything. Employees are encouraged to bring their most authentic self to work. Amazing work/life balance. Remote work really enables you to live your best life at work and home. Great perks including the ability to give virtual high-fives to coworkers in the form of Bonusly dollars. Really talented employees who are dialled in and passionate about their work. For a company that is 100% remote, the employee experience is one of the best that I have encountered.

Cons

I have yet to find any.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company - And Only Going To Get Better

Jun 19, 2019 - Senior Finance Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although I worked in Finance, my job was to build relationships and work closely with leaders across the organization - including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product and Design - right up to the COO and (occasionally) the CEO. There has been a lot of change in the past 6 months - and really in the entire 2.5 years I was there - which is fairly common for a company growing so fast (it tripled in size during my tenure). This can create some growing pains but I honestly believe the leadership and team they have in place now - particularly in the departments named above, that I was closest to - are the strongest I saw in all my time at the company. The future is extremely bright for InVision and I look forward to now supporting them as a shareholder. As for the Finance team itself, it's one of the strongest I've ever worked with - largely due to the leadership of the VP of Finance building an amazing team, almost from scratch.

Cons

Although I personally see it as a pro - since I loved it - the learning curve for getting used to a fully remote organization can be tricky. Managing an even bigger team at scale - as the company continues to grow - is going to put more pressure on this model but I have a feeling they are going to make it work.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Completely Remote - Completely Connected!

Apr 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Day to day: InVision has been the most unique work culture I’ve ever had the pleasure of working in. I’ve worked remotely throughout my career, but never like this. The entire company’s workforce is distributed, and it’s different. You’re not missing out on talks at the watercooler, you don’t have to book a meeting room! We all work from our homes. We all understand the benefits and the necessity in being proactive in our communications with one another; we feel more… connected. From the moment I had my first interview, to on-boarding, to my first day, to today I continue to be impressed by the attention to detail and design centricity that has cultivated a level of engagement, productivity and community I wouldn’t have thought possible in a 100% distributed workforce. Personal Growth and Opportunity: This is a company that really cares about the development and well-being of its employees. From personal growth to professional career growth and opportunity, the option is always there to expand one’s horizons. In the time I’ve been here, I’ve seen promotions, and lateral moves, as well as significant career shifts. Global Perks: I love that InVision’s perks are offered to employees globally and we can all benefit from the same sweeteners that enrich our day to day. The “people team” comes up with great ideas to benefit employees and their health and wellbeing. Communication: From all levels of the company, open communication is a very regular occurrence. At our all hands meetings the content is candid and genuine. I love that Clark and David talk about ‘snacks’ when we’re on the line with one another to kick of the calls, it’s fun. We don’t have an ‘office’ to eat together, why not share what we like to eat from the comfort of our own homes? It’s light-hearted and informative at the same time! Leaders: Leadership cares. Boom! I said it. I have not met one leader at the company that I wouldn’t feel completely comfortable reaching out to. The door is always open. I’m proud to call myself an InVisioner and look forward to being with the company for years to come. Best company ever!

Cons

I guess remote culture will not be for everyone but InVision does it better than anyone I've ever seen.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

InVision: Game changer of a company - culture, talent, purpose

Apr 10, 2019 - Customer Success in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Best work/life balance I've ever had professionally. This is due to 1) the culture and 2) instilling self-discipline on my own work:life ratio -Culture definitely embodies a drive towards constant growth and improvement. Knowing everyone is pushing to learn and grow helps me consistently elevate my game -High caliber of talent across all departments -Opportunities are endless if you're one to identify areas for enhancement and drive forward solutions

Cons

-We're growing quickly which brings steady change. If you lack resiliency and don't thrive in constant change InVision wouldn't be right for you. That said, if you love that 2 days never look the same this is a great opportunity -We've had some bumps historically in delivering product on time based on original target dates communicated. That's said, I've seen HUGE improvements here in the last 6 months and have complete confidence we're back on track!

7. 5.0

InVision Review

Apr 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for.

Cons

There is nothing negative about this company

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hands down, best job I've ever had!

Mar 15, 2018 - Design
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company vision - Some of the best people I've met - Distributed team: it's great to work with such a high bar of diverse talent and interact daily with team members from around world - Great perks and benefits

Cons

- Remote work isn't for everyone, communication at times can be tricky.. But some of these challenges have made me develop skills that I would not have picked up anywhere else!

9. 5.0

Remote working FTW!

Jan 22, 2018 - Software Engineering Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly motivated intelligent folks to work with. Also enjoy the benefits (and meeting the challenges) of all remote work. Growing fast but are scaling well (so far)

Cons

Takes dedication and buy-in to work remotely as a team.

10. 5.0

Dream job

Oct 31, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 259 Reviews