FDM Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 75 reviews

3.4
FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
Pros
  • "Access to placement with blue Chip companies to get started in the industry(in 84 reviews)

• "The opportunity presented to the dedicated trainees is by far the biggest positive of the graduate programme(in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • "Might have a feeling that you are a product of the company, so account managers would try their best to sell you to their clients(in 146 reviews)

• "2 year Contract hanging over your head(in 65 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

The company really prepares you for the real world. They provide a 12 week training program to make sure you know exactly what you're doing when you get placed on site. Teachers there are really kind, respective, and knowledgeable, and the work environment is great! They go a great job ensuring you are prepared for the on-site work.

Cons

The two-year lock in period isn't the best, but if you are building towards your career, it could also be seen as a pro. FDM places you in a top company for two years which is a great career starter, especially for new grads.

FDM Group2019-02-12
  2. "Great Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

There are a lot of growth opportunities for internal staff and consultants. FDM likes to promote within and I have witnessed that myself by growing from the receptionist position to my current role. It is also a very good opportunity for fresh graduates to jump start their career at some of the most reputable companies for which it's usually quite competitive to get into.

Cons

It'd be great to have a bit more flexibility, but that's about it.

FDM Group2019-09-12
  3. "FDM for career growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The business model of the company is unique and is built around starting the careers of recent University graduates. FDM really does stand behind this and works hard to train and deploy consultants into the workforce. While working onsite with clients FDM continues to help guide consultants through their journey and works hard to ensure consultants are content with their placements and their career growth.

Cons

The 2 year commitment can seem lengthy but the long term benefits are worth the bond. After the 2 years consultants are trained and experienced to move forward in their career, and are able to use FDM as a stepping stone to be successful in their next career goal.

FDM Group2019-09-09
  4. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun work atmosphere, open concept space - good commission and benefits - 3.5 weeks paid vacation - great managers - no matter your role you can do the academy training for free - Lots of events where food and drinks are paid for

Cons

- can't work from home

FDM Group2019-09-09
  5. "Energetic and Driven IT Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Trainer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

FDM hires smart and energetic recent graduates and trains them to be IT professionals. Due to this, it is one of the smartest, most driven working atmospheres I have ever been a part of. Most employees are eager to start or continue their IT careers, and motivation to learn and evolve is generally not a problem. The training staff has wide and varied industry experience and are all committed to helping employees... grow. The training material is focused on practical, real-world IT knowledge and not theory or fluff. The offices are modern and well situated in the heart of the Financial District.

Cons

It is occasionally challenging being in a location which is geographically and culturally less connected to the head office in the U.K.

FDM Group2019-07-04
  6. "FDM Values Talent and Hard Work"

Current Employee - Academy trainer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

FDM Group provides opportunities for personal and professional growth (workshops, training, and certification opportunities). Great culture with lots of great employee perks. Support from management, friendly and professional staff make the daily tasks enjoyable. What I love the most is the focus on continuous process improvement which involves employee input and recognition.

Cons

Cannot think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster inclusive and supportive environment.

FDM Group2019-07-03
  7. "Amazing Company and Culture!"

Former Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great environment to work in, everyone is very welcoming - lots of chances to go above and beyond

Cons

- nothing really, just get your work done and everything should be good

FDM Group2019-06-11
  8. "Great corporate culture/atmosphere!"

Current Employee - CA Event Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Open concept office space encourages a collaborative work environment - Advancement opportunities (I personally went from Reception to Event Coordinator fairly quickly) - So many learning opportunities within all departments - High level management is always open to speaking with you

Cons

Can be a little cliquey at times, but is still more inclusive than other workplaces I have experienced/heard about.

FDM Group2019-06-10

"Worst place"

Current Employee - FDM Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing much more to say

Cons

Waste time of grads by assessing more oftenly

FDM Group2019-07-13
  10. "Feedaback"

Former Employee - FDM Trainee in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

No such pro's for this company

Cons

waste time of individual's by assessing more often ly

FDM Group2019-07-12