Cover image for BCAA

1 star

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 299 of over 321 reviews

Updated Nov 25, 2023

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Benefits were good.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with who all share the same values(in 33 reviews)
  • "Good pay(in 15 reviews)
  • "good work life balance(in 12 reviews)
  • "Extensive training program and great support.(in 12 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of BCAA and is not affected by filters.

FEATURED REVIEW
      Oct 22, 2023
      Customer Service Advisor
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance, great benefits, good training and opportunity to grow in the company

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Nov 25, 2023
        Insurance Advisor
        Current Employee, less than 1 year
        Kamloops, BC
        Business Outlook

Pros

best part is the friendly colleagues

Cons

i can not think of a downside to be honest

2. Join the BCAA team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Nov 21, 2023
          Current Employee, more than 5 years
          Business Outlook

Pros

Such a wonderful company to work for - the culture is caring and transparent, there are growth opportunities, I have work life balance and more than anything, I'm respected as an individual. The CEO is awesome - a very smart and approachable executive leader who is taking the company to the next level, and he just won CEO of the Year in Vancouver. I love working with my team who are respectful and collaborate on solutions together. Honestly, I wouldn't consider working anywhere else.

Cons

Can't think of anything to share at this time.

Nov 24, 2023
            Insurance Agent
            Current Employee
            Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for Lots of opportunities to grow within the company Managers are fair Work life balance

Cons

The insurance industry has gone through many changes and will continue to do so. I have nothing to say negativity about BCAA.

Nov 21, 2023
              Former Employee
              Business Outlook

Pros

Family like business feels like youre part of a family

Cons

Doesnt pay as well enough compared to others

1. 2.0
                Apr 22, 2023
                Current Employee, more than 5 years
                Business Outlook

Pros

If you are in the good team you will have fun, get lot of growth and support. If you are not (most likely) then you will be quite dissatisfied. Good benefits. No 90 day wait period. Fairly easy bonus targets and regular payouts. Some very strong individuals sprinkled around.

Cons

Not for high achievers. Ideal for family oriented steady “Eddies”. A lot of average and below average people. High level of disconnect between higher management (the so called Senior and Executive Teams), their aspirations and the reality below them. Dreaming big but unable to make tough decisions to actually achieve anything more than the prior year plus some small increment. Higher you go more they seem to operate under the veil of fear. Listened to the CEO a few times. He appears as very disingenuous person that is trying very heard to say the right things, appear that he cares and get you to like him.. Apparently at one company wide call, someone asked a question he didn’t like and that individual got a painful long call from him right afterwards. Whole bunch of higher ups then had to sit through an hour long temper tantrum. Great place to fly under the radar, or join fresh from school to learn new skills and move on within 2-3 years as you will hit the ceiling fairly quickly (no where to go up). A lot of talkers but very few doers. Way too many mangers, senior managers, directors and executives, but too few true capable leaders. A place where ambition goes to die…

1. 3.0
                  Nov 12, 2023
                  Corporate Accountant
                  Former Employee, more than 3 years
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Steady Know what you're in for Benefits are good

Cons

Can be a boring environment slow to move up

Sept 8, 2023
                    Current Employee, more than 3 years
                    Business Outlook

Pros

I used to think I knew what a People First organization was - yet in working at BCAA I have experienced an entirely new level of what it means to work for a great employer. My leader genuinely cares about me and our team. We are a purpose driven organization and do great things in the community. I'm proud to work for BCAA.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

1. 1.0
                      Aug 29, 2023
                      Manager
                      Current Employee, more than 3 years
                      Vancouver, BC
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong brand and forgiving members base due to objective monopoly on road side assistance.

Cons

Transitioning towards a progressively corporate approach rather than a purpose-led organization, the Board, CEO, and SVPs make decisions to benefit the metropolitan areas of Vancouver and Victoria. The company isn't genuinely representative of all of British Columbia. Finally, the home office has been overtaken by career-focused individuals with adept acting skills but minimal authentic concern for employee well-being.

1. 2.0
                        Sept 12, 2023
                        Former Employee, more than 3 years
                        Business Outlook

Pros

stable yet hard to grow.

Cons

A lot of Company politics

Viewing 1 - 10 of 299 Reviews
                      </>Embed

BCAA Reviews FAQs

BCAA has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 321 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at BCAA to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BCAA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BCAA. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

75% of BCAA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BCAA 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with BCAA Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Graduate Student

Hi! Looking for some advice regarding hiring processes. I completed 2 interviews with the company and they emailed to say they "want to put me forward for the job" and asked for references, passport, and for me to do a background check. I didn't hear anything for a week, so then emailed to check on my application status. They responded saying they would get back at the end of that week. Its been 2 weeks since. I emailed last week to ask for an update and have not received a response. Thoughts?

6 Comments

ComEd

Got booted from my former position about 4 years ago, which I LOVED. I have the impression I was "kept" in sympathy. Now that I have my feet beneath me, I feel like I'm running in place. Over the past 2 years, I've probably applied for about 100 positions in other departments. True, a few were unlikely moonshots, but for the most part I didn't misrepresent myself. Am I the world's worst interviewer? Otherwise.. shouldn't I have been accepted elsewhere, by choice?

4 Comments

Administrative Assistant

I haven't worked since Jan. 2020 when my job as administrative assistant for the Hospitalist group was eliminated. I can't begin to count the number of applications submitted, interviews I've had, jobs that I was told were mine then they weren't, etc. Several jobs have fallen through or not panned out. I am not a job hopper and want to stay where I go. I have a zoom interview tomorrow for a front desk receptionist position at an oral surgeon's office. Any interview tips are appreciated.

9 Comments

Glassdoor has 321 BCAA reviews submitted anonymously by BCAA employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if BCAA is right for you.