BCAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

BCAA Interview Questions

Updated 25 Jun, 2018

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCAA.

Interview

apply online, they contact you, go for an interview, have your credentials ready, wait for them to contact you, then they send you permission forms to do your background check, criminal record check, once you get approved you'll receive your job letter depending if you require the insurance license you will have to give the fundamentals of insurance test and get the license

Interview Questions

• typical questions..ei..what did you like or dislike about your previous job, what did you learn from your previous employer what are your strong points   Answer Question

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BCAA (Victoria, BC) in April-2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and was contacted a couple weeks later by the a Talent Acquisition Member. I was given an on the spot phone interview after being told a summary of the positions details and the opportunity to ask questions before as well as after. Within a week i was contacted by the location I had applied for and scheduled an interview a week later with the Assistant and Store Mangers. I was then contacted shortly after to do an online assessment within 72 hours. After completing that I heard back in the next couple weeks and asked to come in to do another interview with the same managers at the same location for further interview questions. I was then contacted shortly by the company and given an conditional offer letter as well as how to submit a background/criminal record check

. The questions themselves weren't hard, I however found the process time consuming and since I had really wanted this position it seemed to take longer. Needless to say now that I have started with the company, I completely understand the process and why it has so many steps. So much training and time is put into each and every staff member, so of course they need to take their time and make sure they have the correct person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BCAA.

Interview

It was basically an interview to see if I could sell

Negotiation

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BCAA (Burnaby, BC) in April-2014.

Interview

I have got this interview through agency. The agent try to prepare me with questions that might come up. However , what actually happened nobody could expect especially me as I have had lot of interviews in the past 20 years . The interviewer was lady that started with question to tell her about myself. I talked for a few minutes about my experiences in manual and automation testing. Just after that she asked what did I do in company XY to let me go ( after almost 8 years). I replied that I did my worked fairly and that company had closed whole office in Vancouver . She replied to me that I am not telling the truth. In a bit of a shock I answered that what I was saying can be easily checked ( on the web for example).She got angry on my reply and asked what did I steal in other company YZ ( where I have spent close to 6 years). I was in total shock now so because of that I didn't leave the interview early . I have told agent (who was shocked too afte I have explained what happened) that I would not accept offer even if I get it.
    I wrote this so I can help others be prepared if they run into similar interview. BCAA is respectable company so I didn't expect that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why did they throw you out from company XYZ?   Answer Question

BCAA Response

19 May, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We take your comments and the experience you had seriously and would be happy to discuss this further. Please feel free to reach out to us at... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCAA (Burnaby, BC).

Interview

The interview process took a bit of time, but the Hiring Team kept me in the loop the whole time. Very professional group of people. They were very easy going.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCAA (Burnaby, BC) in April-2014.

Interview

one time interview. Including one on one with manager. And panel interview with HR, Dev manager and business manager.
    The QA manager has no QA background at all. So she didn't/couldn't ask any detailed technical question. All high level questions.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCAA (Vancouver, BC) in November-2015.

Interview

Applied online & received a quick call about 2 weeks later for initial screening to check eligibility to work in Canada, acceptance for background check if the position was offered, salary expectations. Then, I was scheduled for an in-person interview for the next day. There was no difficult questions. They explained about the position and simply started with Tell me about yourself question. Then, went through my related experiences & asked some questions related to the position. It was pretty relaxed atmosphere.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BCAA (Vancouver, BC) in June-2016.

Interview

1 hour interview - met with two people from human resources. Preliminary meeting to gauge fit. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and some general leadership style questions. It was professionally conducted and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BCAA (Burnaby, BC).

Interview

Very Informal process of interview...I went through the final interview (HR) and I was confident that this could be last step because of the brand thinking they are professional (which was my biggest misconception).

I went through couple of rounds of technical interviews and then an interview with Panels which included HR. I was happy to share as many references to the Senior technical manager and the same manager contacted all of my references taking 30 minutes for each of the 5 references at the cost of their cell phone minutes and time.
    My references contacted me saying that BCAA seem to be trying to retrieve some process oriented information from the teams that I worked despite the references felt of helping me out (as I had business-friendly relationship with my references).
    After couple of days I didn't hear from them and finally learned that they hired someone else.

My Advice to those who think that this is a big good brand. Then you are wrong. They are very unprofessional (atleast from the interview process standpoint). Thank You for not hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Apart from technical interview there were standard Questions which you can google it: what makes you different...blah..blah..blahh   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCAA (Burnaby, BC) in June-2017.

Interview

I was approached by a member of the Talent Acquisition team regarding a data science role within the Underwriting Analytics team. He was very knowledgeable about the role and provided me with a good overview of the job and BCAA in general.

A first interview was scheduled with the a manager and a senior manager from the Underwriting team within a week of the first phone call. This interview focused on my experience and provided me with the opportunity to demonstrate why I would be a good fit for the role. Furthermore, I was able to learn more about type of work the team worked on and the culture at BCAA.

Once that was completed I was invited back to give a presentation to a wider audience and meet the director of my area. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and I found this stage to be a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give presentation about data science and applications within insurance.   Answer Question