Asurion Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Asurion CEO Kevin Taweel
Kevin Taweel

1,376 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • everything no complaints have been with the company over 3 years and love that I work from home (in 146 reviews)

• There is a good work/life balance (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be an issue if you let it (in 68 reviews)

• Work schedules no work life balance (in 26 reviews)

1. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is okay, medical/dental benefits are great and only after 3 months. Job is fairly easy

Cons

job could be sometimes stressful because of the review process with the customers

Advice to Management

keep up the good work and provide more advancement opportunities

"I would have be happier being a bum in the street."

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Montreal, QC

I worked at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, there is health benefits. That is about it. Oh and I also learned what is a major panic attack. The more you know, right?

Cons

Incompetent management that bring me to the verge of tears. Did I said verge? I did cry because they didn't understand their customer and it was us on the floor that were getting screamed at and insulted for 40-42hours a week.

My coach was super sweet and I mean sweet as arsenic. Behind her happy tone, she talked about how your metrics were bads even when it was superior to the median. When you felt bad, needed help or was very bad call, she reminded you that you need to give superb customer satisfaction and how much it was also hard for her being a corporate shill. Did she helped you? Nooooopeeeee.

Tim Horton's closed their restaurants during holidays time. Asurion? Nope there will be nobody that will call December 31st 22h but we need 10 people on the phone in case a customer calls because little Timmy peed on his new Nintendo switch.

When they need new employees/punching bags, they ask people to spam their friends inbox and promise them a bonus if they bring CV.

When they tell you this is a "help desk" position. Don't trust them, you are just a fancy customer service representative that know how to reset computer instead of doing actual troubleshooting. They cannot afford asking you to give a good service and be helpdul.

Advice to Management

This company is a predatory one that prey on naives people and recent immigrants that don't know better. Selling them overprice "protection plan" and then deny legit claims.

Between a MLM and extra warranty company, I don't know what is worse but both of them should be out of people life. Asurion should go back to the US and leave Canadian store and people looking for job alone. Everybody would be happier. Including the people force to sell their bad products at minimum wage in-store.

Asurion Response

19 Feb, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thanks for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We focus on treating our employees with integrity and are guided by the highest ethical standards. We have forwarded along your... More

3. "Psychologically tough"

Current Employee - Tech Support Agent in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Tech Support Agent in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Salary above minimum
    -Often have Overtime available
    -Casual dress code
    -Decent benefits & bus pass reimbursed

Cons

-Tech support agents don't have access to any remote assistance tools.
    -System is broken and full of bugs and they don't always get resolved like memory leak because "it works if you close the process and re-open it" which can take time and having to put the customer on hold, not allowed to blame system for anything.
    -Hard to get a resolution or answer from product specialists on a certain program. -Often wait a long time to be told to ask someone else, and so does the next and so on and so forth.
    -As previous reviews mentioned, it is hard to get a promotion unless your work becomes also your life
    -High stress environment

Advice to Management

Fix system bugs and allow your S.M.A.R.T. CHDs to use remote assistance apps!

4. "Great Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moncton, NB

I have been working at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, options for both overtime and time off. Full benefits after 30 days. Very employee oriented. Lots of incentives. Bonuses. Advancement opportunities. Great coworkers.

Cons

Can be very busy at times.

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - CCR in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - CCR in Montreal, QC

I worked at Asurion full-time

Pros

Casual dress and somewhat flexible schedule.

Cons

Favouritism, discrimination, useless HR, management promotes people based on "personality" rather than competence, nothing gets done until a full-blown crisis breaks out.

Advice to Management

Resign

6. "good place to work"

Current Employee - CCR-technical Support in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - CCR-technical Support in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very good work environment

Cons

not flexible schedule
    no work life balance

Advice to Management

make more flexible schedules

7. "Great place to work for. Great call center environment, lots of internal promotions, great benefits and monthly bonus."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Yearly raise and monthly bonus, opportunity for career development and advance, internal promotions. Peer advisor opportunity

Cons

Some department management are too authoritative. Some departement doesn't cooperate, get jealous of each other's work and salary.

Advice to Management

Know when to eliminate a bad apple from the good one inside the basket before its too late and loose far more potential good apple and future great apple.

8. "like the military"

I have been working at Asurion full-time

Pros

It's a nice big company, they're customer-focused, they have an employee engagement plan, there's a lot of career upside for manager types.

Cons

A lot of turnover at the lower levels. Communication is weak because of so many reorganizations. It seem like noone knows how things works.

Advice to Management

the heirarchy is like the military. Try to shake it up a little and have hte managers and execs talk to the people on the ground about what's important to them

9. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, lots of perks, great team atmosphere

Cons

Needs more work at home opportunities

10. "Not amazing but not horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Asurion part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy day-to-day once you get the hang of it
    Not bad training
    The office atmosphere is not isolating or depressing. You can talk to your fellow employees, read, browse internet or whatever between calls
    Coaches are generally nice
    Great benefits package

Cons

A lot of bureaucracy, not really treated as a person in the system (Usually not the coaches fault but actually the structure of the system).

Can take weeks for little mistakes to be fixed (examples: switching employees into different lines of business when they shouldn't have been; not giving employees access to actually process requests which ruins their handle time; scheduling problems, etc.)

Can't really do great customer service because of the limitations of the program and rules for escalating

Coach support is great during certain hours and not great during others. You can be left hanging for anywhere from five to thirty minutes not knowing what to do.

You're evaluated on criteria that you have no control over - for example, you get scored on how likely the customer is to recommend the program. You don't get scored on how the customer felt your personal customer service was. It's ridiculous because they do ask those questions but only score you on the recommendation question. Customers usually don't recommend the program because, well, the program is not that great! Why should employees get reprimanded for that?

Advice to Management

I know stats are important, but you shouldn't blame the CSRs for low scores on the recommendation question. If the customer wouldn't recommend the program, it's not because of the person on the phone. It's because of the program itself.

Work on the communication in the system. It shouldn't take weeks to get things done like requests for accommodation or letting employees have full access to the programs they need to do their jobs, etc.

Showing 1,376 of 1,403 reviews