Asurion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Asurion Interview Questions

Interviews at Asurion

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Meh. Just meh with a dash of negative.

I usually recommend interviewing with companies for the sake of practice but I'm not sure there's a lot of transferable experience here compared to other software/tech companies, so skip if you're short on time or want to make more money (Asurion pays good for Nashville but if you do the math you can make more and save more in a different city).

LAYOUT

Recruiter Call - This was fine, standard recruiter call.

Wonderlic Test - I'm being asked to take a wonderlic test; am I an NFL prospect now? I hope I don't get drafted by the Browns. Whatever; I take it and it's fun and I do pretty well.

Second Recruiter Call/Interview Setup - Two recruiter calls; why? Most companies have one. Also, why do they keep getting my name wrong? Why is the first company in the South I talk to the first one to lump in my ethnic name with all other ethnic names? Oh well, I write these off as a formality and a simple mistake and I move on.

Junior Engineer/Senior Engineer Chat - You'll have a chat with a junior/senior engineer. This was just awkward and time-consuming compared to other companies. Junior engineer is junior so they don't know what to ask/how to conduct an interview. Senior engineer comes on and asks Leetcode easy questions and system design, only you have to generate your own coding link or share your screen (most companies give you one ahead of time). And you have to do a system design while frantically waving your hands to describe the system (most companies give you a shared spreadsheet you can work with).

Anyways, feel free to interview just be wary and remember even in a recession, it's an engineers market so know your worth kings and queens! Companies give you BS because candidates put up with it, know when to walk away.

Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with recruiter which then led to a zoom video conference interview with hiring managers. Was a straightforward process. Both phone interview and zoom video conference interview were great.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would update your phone?   1 Answer

CSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick professional and to the point. I was made to feel uncomfortable and my interviewer was firm but courteous and attentive. He allowed me share with him my experience with different aspects of customer service

Interview Questions

• Do I think dealing with an upset customer is easier over the phone or in person?   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview went very well. The supervisor was on time. He explained in detail what the position consists of and what to expect from the company and the work environment. The supervisor also answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• The first question was if I was bilingual.   1 Answer

In-Store Tech Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Interview

Very unprofessional, I applied for a Technical Expert position with Asurion, it took them 4 weeks to get back in touch with me ... and once they did I was contacted by Kevin Sears the hiring manager, we scheduled a interview and to my knowledge it’s via Zoom ? Okay that’s fine though I prefer face to face I feel as it’s more professional, I dressed up for my interview and he’s in a black plain tee-shirt ! And was like 5 mins late . And ask if I was familiar with the star method which I wasn’t but I felt as you should have noted that in the email that’s it’s gonna be a Star -Method interview so I could be prepared so I go on with saying no I’m not familiar with it . He tells me well just wing it ??? So unprofessional, so through the interview I thought I did pretty good and he go on to say a Recruiter will contact me with in 3-5 days . Here it’s 8 days later.. so unprofessional. I like dealing with Mike better !

Interview Questions

Interview

Very Long, lots of questions. Applied the end of 2019 and just received an interview. Did two interviews about two months apart. After the interview process, I was required to take an 30 min assessment.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

It was well organized and questions were not too difficult. There were no odd ball questions like if you were a fruit what fruit would you be. I had a screening with HR and then I was screened by the hiring manager. Then I had about 6 consecutive interviews with various individuals. STAR method was very helpful as the questions were behavioral. HR was great at being proactive in their communication. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Share an accomplishment that you are most proud of and why.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews during the COVID 19 outbreak. First interview was with HR. They were very friendly and easy to talk with. Second interview was with the hiring manager. Very laid back an hour long phone interview. Third interview was a2 hour Zoom call. This is where I got disappointed with the company. The first half hour was with the hiring manager that was more of the same conversation we had on the previous call but on video. Second 30 min call was with the HR rep. Went fine and told me more about the company. Third 30 min call was with the Director and payroll analyst. The director didn’t appear to be listening to me after a question was asked. The payroll analyst was very standoffish. I felt as though she disliked me before the interview even started. While I answered questions they both were looking around as if they had better things to do. The fourth 30 min was with the manager over payroll. This was very awkward as she seemed to keep forgetting I was even there. Answering emails and IM’ s. She would ask a question and then when I was done silence and minutes later she would look at the camera and be surprised I was there. I was not sure if I wanted to work in with the company when I felt like such a burden just for an interview. Two weeks later I finally got a reply that they went with someone else.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiter screen, then a shorter technical interview with a code pair and quick whiteboard.
    Last round involved a longer coding assessment, followed by a social meeting to get to know you, and another whiteboard session.
    I think there were one too many technical sessions. 2 coding sessions and 2 whiteboards is too much.
    I found the technical challenges very relevant however.
    Didn’t get an offer despite doing pretty well on all technical challenges. Overall found it a positive and streamlined experience.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Phone interview. Face to face.
    Lots of pauses within the interview which were hard to get over. I'm a talker and I felt like maybe I hadn't answered how they wanted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.