Asurion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Asurion Interview Questions

Interviews at Asurion

2.6

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Had one phone interview, one video conference interview, and a half day panel interview. Great company with nice people. Interviewed with about seven different people face-to-face. It was a long interview, but to me it made me want the job more. They really try to find the best match for their position.

Interview Questions

• Name some lean events I facilitated   1 Answer

Phone Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Asurion (Fort Wayne, IN (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and answered questions with her. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager and that was a normal interview. They said they would contact me back. It's been three weeks and never got a call back and the recruiter wouldn't return any calls.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been working with electronic repair   2 Answers

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Hardest interview I've ever done... Not sure if that's a reflection of my lack of skills, or their selectivity/strictness of the interview process.
    3 Skype chats, then a whole day on site.
    I'm qualified for the position on paper, but wasn't mentally equipped for the pressure of the programming part which is first thing when I got there... I was already having a stressful morning, which didn't help...
    The technical assignment wasn't extremely difficult, but time was a factor... In retrospect, I should have prepared more, but I just didn't have extra time that week. There's one hour to complete the assignment, but in practical terms, the scope didn't realistically accommodate that, even for a super fast coder, it would take at least twice that time, I suspect that's intentional... Since it's basically impossible to finish it all, it becomes more about talking through the solution, as much as the code itself. Which is good, I think that's how it should be... But I've done a decent amount of these same type of interview recently, and this one was just different... More difficult... They left me alone, checking on me every so often, I just wasn't comfortable. it's hard to describe, Maybe a personality clash and my increasingly anxious mood as it slowly dawned on me that I was bombing it!
    It was a humbling experience, and chalked up as a lesson learned... Over the course of that day and thereafter by way of hindsight/comparing to other places I was interviewing that I clicked with a lot better, I realized the Corp wasn't a good fit for me anyway, so it's actually a good learning experience in the end. A rare instance of just being thrown off my game, I guess. It was an intuition I felt, that gradually built up, that by the end of the day, I knew I wasn't going to pursue it further even if they wanted to.
    After starting off on a bad note,it got a little better afterwards, but very neutral... They were very pleasant, professional and the office is a nice space, although I'd recommend arriving way early because despite their provided instructions which were clear enough, the parking and finding it was a little confusing...
    Classic " lunch with the team/peers" and then some whiteboard and culture fit/experience questions, to have me explain in more detail my past experiences/project. The icy vibe , real or imagined, persisted though, and by the end I wanted to get out of there, like ASAP., But I'll repeat, might be just me, a personal thing, it's the only interview of ~5 similar ones that turned out ... Well strange, or unsettling for lack of a better word.
    I think they're a good solid Corp just not a match for me in how they do things. I won't get specific on that, but stuff like agile workflow.
    It's a big Corp and they clearly hire the best and brightest. My background is a similar company, so I can talk the talk, but i could see it being intimidating for someone else coming from a more start-up/less formal environment.
    I think it would be a great place to work for the right person.
    Bottom line though, at least for me, it was very challenging, and if I really wanted the job there, my advice is prepare, prepare, and prepare some more and be ready to go hard or go home

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of a software project you worked on, the challenges you faced (on chalkboard)   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Asurion (Sterling, VA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a message from recruiter on LinkedIn and was asked to take a HackerRank test. The test was easy but time consuming. I was able to Submit 3 out of 4 and 1 was incomplete, yet I passed the cutoff and moved forward in the interview process. It was a hiring event and the next round was in-person interview. It was an all day interview with 5 rounds of 30 mins. Everything was going great till 3rd round and in between 3rd and 4th, the recruiter came over and said that they are wrapping up the interviews for the day. I was shocked. I am not sure what went wrong on the interview day but I felt it unprofessional and rude when I was asked to leave in middle of the scheduled interviews, it was a total disappointment. I am glad that I have not been selected for this position.

Interview Questions

• 1) If you are a start-up, what technology stack you would be using ?   2 Answers
    • 2) asked about my hobby and when I said sports, asked me to design a blog/website for sports. How do you maintain the traffic if your blog is successful?   1 Answer
    • Asked about my current project and what my role is, I started explaining and can clearly see that they were not at all interested. Interviewer stopped me in middle and asked me to write Binary Search Algorithm.   1 Answer
    • Given two robots, separated at equal distance from center. There is a satellite that sends same instructions to these robots (Left Fast, right Fast, left Slow, Right Slow, Center). Determine when the two robots collide. I was told at last that the instruction can be change after passing the center.   1 Answer

Lead Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (West Springfield, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Not that bad. There were two interviews, both were over the phone. I did both interviews and then I was hired as the Lead technical consultant which was an OK job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of the "typical" interview questions. Such as "How did you do when X situation presented itself. I am not sure what else to write on this subject. There is nothing more that I would like to add at this time in regards to this subject.   2 Answers

Lead Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Lewisville, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview and I was told that I will be doing a second interview within a few days but never got a call. When I contacted them they said yes you should get a call soon since you have been put through to the next step. I am still waiting my interview, it has been over a month. Now nobody is replying to my messages and are not even rejecting my application. I believe it is because they don't think that a woman can do the job even though I have 5 years of experience in the field. Don't waste your time with them they are highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing about customer service?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Asurion in June 2019.

Interview

The first step was to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter through email. I was called an hour late so be patient if it takes a while. The questions were fairly standard for a phone interview (what kind of position do I want, am I willing to relocate, etc.). After the questions, she went on in detail for a while about the history of the company, what they do, how it is trying to transition to a tech company, and the work environment. At the end of the interview, she said she would send my information to other people in the company and possibly schedule a video interview for the next week. However, I was emailed the next day saying the hiring team decided to pass on moving forward.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (San Mateo, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we chatted about the position as well as my qualifications. Then another round with coding challenge - string manipulation. The company has nice office and the interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable. On site with 4 engineers, 3 rounds focus on solving coding challenges and one design question round.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Usual staff - strings, arrays, linked list   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We talked about the position and my experience. Then a phone interview with an easy coding challenge(palindrome). 3 hours video interview with 4 engineers, easy coding challenges, and some javascript questions(scope, closure).

Interview Questions

• easy coding challenges, and some javascript questions(scope, closure).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Sterling, VA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

One Technical Round on Phone and 2 hours of onsite interview . They selected me but then they gave some reasons for rescuing my salary based on my visa status and then HR never replied to me even to discuss . This was unprofessional behavior from them as they never came back to discuss and kept me in dark .

Interview Questions

• Node js , AWS , scaling a system , bit of core java , last experience , half an hour of soft skill experience . There was a remote video call with the Enterprise Architect . 2 small technical rounds of 30 min each   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.