Article Reviews

Found 67 of over 73 reviews

4.2
Article CEO Aamir Baig
Aamir Baig
Pros
  • "This is a young, creative, vibrant company loaded with great people to work with(in 5 reviews)

• "Work-life balance with a wonderful office with huge windows to the mountains overlooking Strathcona Park(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "HR and upper management does not care about the wellbeing of it's employees which becomes very apparent when you require support as an employee(in 4 reviews)

• "Weird mixed messages about working remotely(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Article is a fun company to work at

Aug 12, 2021 - Customer Care Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, positive and fun team members, room for growth, learning and rising in the ranks many recent (past 5 years) employees have been promoted quickly.

Cons

So far no notable cons. It is a big company and growing still (and quickly). There are lots of softwares and ins and outs to learn.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Experience as a Logistic Coordinator

Sep 7, 2021 - Logistics Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues and culture, as well as a convenient working schedule.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities going forward in the company.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

it was ok

Sep 5, 2021 - Logistics
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office space and friendly coworkers

Cons

No room for much growth

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

So far so good

Aug 5, 2021 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Open to remote work. - Market-related salaries. - Smart colleagues who collaborate well

Cons

- It sometimes feels as though some of the employees who have been here longer are not open to the opinions of newer people because "this is the way they have always done things." At the end of the day its whatever, I'm still getting paid whether you take my opinion or not.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow for general software engineers.

Jun 29, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Get to spend time with Intelligent and customer obsessed engineers. - Get to learn/develop on a variety of tech stack. - It's a tech driven furniture company. - Senior leadership is ego free and always open to tech discussions. - Good WLB.

Cons

- Not really a con, however, compensation might include a sign on bonus and yearly bonuses.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Jun 4, 2021 - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team members, dog friendly

Cons

Growing too quickly, not a lot of strategy or direction

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great product, great people, ego-free leaders, and empowered teams.

May 18, 2021 - Director in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The values of Customer Obsession, Do It Differently, Winning Together, and Ownership Mindset are actually lived every day. The CEO's updates are not focused on revenue but on doing the right thing for our customers in line with our values - it's easy to connect the actions our leaders are taking with the values we have which makes decision making so much easier for everyone. All of the other seniors leaders constantly talk about the importance of focusing on our customers. Our leaders are experienced professionals who are accountable and responsible for the work they produce. We're not perfect but we can work together with trust and respect and we know our most senior leaders walk the walk when it comes to things like empowerment. Compensation is very fair and above market for the role I have and the work life balance is great. I know I'm appreciated for the work I do.

Cons

The rate of growth can make things chaotic at times because the processes we have are sometimes from a time when the company was a quarter the size it is now. You have to be willing to work with a bit of ambiguity when it comes to this. Underinvestment in the past around technology is catching up to us right now with all the growth but the company is investing massively here - potentially it's a tripling of the technology team in a single year. Benefits such as RRSP matching and parental leave could be better but I understand they're working on improving such things.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Smart People, Solving Interesting Problems...

Apr 29, 2021 - Sourcing Operations Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ego-less organization focused on the most advantageous solutions to some very interesting challenges.

Cons

Constant growth, and persistent ambiguity can make it a struggle to know scope of your impact.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Growing Pains

May 7, 2021 - Customer Care Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with good benefits

Cons

bad schedule lots of micromanaging "flexible" schedule

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company but needs improvement

May 6, 2021 - Customer Care Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation. Lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

Work on holidays and weekends. Disorganized schedules.

Article Response

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review working at Article, and we're glad you recognize the opportunities to grow within the organization and of course the compensation. While our long-term schedules are pretty regular to ensure everyone knows what days they'll be working on, with our guiding principle of Customer Obsession, we do need to adjust hourly schedules and focus to deliver outstanding service levels. Best, Brad

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Reviews