AppNeta Reviews

3.8
AppNeta President and CEO  Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens
Pros
Cons
  • "lack of transparency and honesty from upper management(in 6 reviews)

• "I'm guessing this is common in start ups but there is a high turnover rate(in 6 reviews)

1. "Ambitious tech company with big goals and challenges ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

- Fast paced tech-centric organization presents an excellent opportunity to diversify technical skill set. - International client base results in interesting support challenges to solve. - Healthy amount of employee success recognition by all levels of management.

Cons

- Constantly evolving technology sector and competition means the company will require laser-sharp focus to evolve the core product and keep it relevant. - Small range of product offerings may result in difficulty retaining talent as they seek out new areas to push their careers forward.

2. COVID-19

"Fired at start of COVID-19 quarantine"

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally good coworkers (e.g. a few reached out after I was fired because they were surprised to understand that I had quit suddenly). Solid product, decent advancement opportunities, cool customers.

Cons

Very up-to-date Plan B (in case of pandemic, new unemployment rate record, economic shutdown, etc) recommended while working here in particular.

3. "A"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Great company to start your career * Excellent work life balance * Casual working environment * Unlimited snacks (could be a con) * Responsible managers

Cons

* No RRSP contributions * career path might be limited

4. "Just Another Racist Canadian Company Against Asians."

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Dev in Vancouver, BC

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None Applicable at the Company of AppNeta.

Cons

-Racism. -No Career Advancement. -Excessive Micro-Management. -Poor Management Decisions. -Those who are actually doing the works are not appreciated.

AppNeta Response

February 24, 2020CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Racism is a strong word and one that has no connection to the widely diverse culture at AppNeta. If you did ever actually work here (or if you still do...), I'd personally appreciate hearing from you directly/privately to understand more. Our ~50+ promotions/advancements (which are celebrated every month in our "all hands" meetings) in the last 24 months from a multi-cultural team is so far out of line from your review that I wonder if you've confused us with another firm?

5. "Great company, great people , interesting projects"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Company has amazing history and technology to stay among the leaders on the market - Interesting Projects, Good Work Life Balance, Great Team - Management team is very helpful - Good location if you take public transit in Vancouver

Cons

Company keeps growing, which is great, but always assumes some growing pains

Continue reading
  6. "Great company that cares"

4.0

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Management genuinely cares about its employees * CEO is a great guy (although he rarely visits the Vancouver office) * Fairly interesting engineering problems to solve * Really good work-life balance (at least when you're not on call) * Good position in the market * Lots of stability if you're looking for that, many people have been with the company for 5-10 years * Fun atmosphere, beer Fridays, foosball league

Cons

* On call can be literal hell * Only one day WFH a week, although management is pretty lax about it * Lots of tech debt * Foosball games can get pretty heated

Continue reading
  7. "Great Place, Amazing culture, Very interesting product work"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The entire management team here just gets it. The culture is like a startup and supportive like a family.

Cons

Lots of legacy code to deal with; Eventually everything is legacy code though ,so it's best to embrace it and continue to work on making things better where we can get the most value - and we are constantly improving that space.

Continue reading
  8. "Takes great care of their people, relaxed but fun"

Full Stack Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at AppNeta for more than a year

Pros

You get to be influential

Cons

Pay (as an intern at least) wasn't great

AppNeta Response

August 18, 2018CEO

Thank you for making time to share your feedback. Accountability is a key theme to both performance and trust, which together form two of our three core pillars of transparency, performance, and trust. As an individual contributor to any team effort, when you truly take ownership of something, you are immediately influential. Not only with respect to your current department/project/goal, but across the entire organization. We believe this is vital regardless if you're a FTE or just starting out your career as an intern. Regarding pay, we believe we pay above market because we're extremely selective in all of our hiring decisions and pay employees accordingly. But it's always worthwhile to perform a market check and we will.

9. "Interesting technology, big name customers."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment, smart people and a lot of growth potential for the company. Interesting technology and challenging problems, with quite a few customers from the Fortune 100.

Cons

There is still room for improvement

10. "Great Vancouver Start-up"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AppNeta

Pros

Was a great environment to work in, small but strong teams working hard towards company goals

Cons

Typical start-up stuff - growing pains, etc.

Found 85 reviews