AppNeta Reviews

Matt Stevens
  1. "Sales"

5.0

I worked at AppNeta

Pros

Amazing Company, cant say anything bad

Cons

none, this was one of the best companies I ever worked for

March 2, 2017CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts - thank you! I'm happy to see that you had a positive experience here; there's always room for improvement, but I agree that AppNeta is a great place to work.

2. "Sales"

I have been working at AppNeta

Pros

Great place to work love the people and upper management, the space is hot right now everyone is looking for simple easily scalable product to monitor their Saas applications and Network end to end

Cons

The product still needs some work, but no real complaints

December 3, 2016CEO

Appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts - thank you. I agree the market is heating up and we're in the right spot with the right solution at the right time. I also agree that 401K would be nice, but probably out of reach for us currently ... but watch this space.

"If you like rollercoasters...hop on!!"

I worked at AppNeta

Pros

Beer, ping-pong, open office space, music, and most people are friendly.

Cons

Unstable, poor management, HIGH turnover. You never know, you could be next... Management will act like they care about you but they really don't AKA fake! One day their hiring, the next they're firing. Be ready to walk on eggshells.

August 25, 2016CEO

I do appreciate your feedback - thank you. The management here does care (deeply) about both AppNeta employees and customers alike. I personally wish your experience here was more positive. Change can be hard and startups are full of change; we'll continue to learn and grow as we move forward and lean on our core principles of transparency, performance, and trust to guide us.

"overall good company"

I have been working at AppNeta

Pros

Great company culture, employees are great to work with, nice approachable management and plenty of freebees, generous days off and benefits. Management frequently allows for early days before long weekends and days off after a great quarter. There is a lot of openness on the state of the company.

Cons

I'm guessing this is common in start ups but there is a high turnover rate. I think employees in other positions besides sales should have opportunities to earn bonuses.

December 3, 2016CEO

Thanks for your comments and thoughtful feedback. You are correct - turn-over in a startup isn't uncommon and even more frequent during the growing pains that come with changes in direction. But we can always listen better, communicate more frequently, and do more help the engaged employees remain so.

"Do not believe anything from this company"

Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta for more than a year

Pros

Good people for the most part at the office. Easy work environment to be a part of, and the product is positioned well within the market.

Cons

The company is completely full of lies. That's not even an exaggeration, everything the CEO says is completely a lie. Upper management is 100% out for themselves, and will say whatever they have to for the employees to believe everything is going well. I'm very surprised that there aren't any other reviews saying similar things, because I am in the majority as far as true opinion from the company's employees. At the end of the day, do not believe anything that people in power from this company tell you.

December 3, 2016CEO

Thanks for posting. Your experience, while I believe real to you, is atypical of the vast majority of the team here. I am sorry your time here didn't work out better.

6. "Horrible Place - Full of Lies"

I worked at AppNeta

Pros

Free snacks. Good location in Seaport, easily walk-able from the red line and south station. Honestly, I cannot think of any further pros to working here.

Cons

Slave-driver managers focused only on phony numbers without any concern for real opportunities. A complete chop shop- the only people who have any success at all are the 3 people in sales that have been there for 4 years- the sales cycle is easily 1 year +. CEO is a great guy, but spoon feeds you koolaid. Unless you like promises of success and upward mobility, with nothing to show for it besides broken promises and unrealistic and irrelevant metrics as baselines for promotion, then I would stay clear of this rapidly sinking ship.

August 20, 2018CEO

Appreciate the feedback and glad you enjoyed the snacks and the convenient location. I realize I'm repeating myself - but startups are hard and being in sales at a startup is extra hard. But one of the great things about modern selling is the use of data to drive decisions, systematically improve processes, and ultimately deliver better overall customer success. We pride ourselves on this and it's one of the key drivers of our growth (which has landed us on the Inc 5000 list for fastest growing companies multiple times...). Granted, it can be uncomfortable to have your personal operational metrics and associated sales results front and center - especially when they're shared with everyone as we do here - but transparency is also a key element to our success. I'm not sure where your stated metrics came from, but they're not reflective of anything here - perhaps some confusion with a prior firm?

"What a good company should be"

5.0
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Extremely technical product requires a team of super talented, super smart people. Learning and becoming familiar with the product is definitely a mountain, but one you want to climb. The culture is great and you are treated like a grown up to accomplish whatever career goals you might have. The most important part of any company is the people, and the people here have been fantastic. Flexible hours, unlimited vacation, and the pay is much better than expected for a company this size.

Cons

It is still a small company and some of the processes are not quite in place yet. This is both good in the fact you have the freedom to implement your own processes and also bad in that you have no set process to rely on. The product is super technical and the ramp-up is fairly steep. You are expected to perform, but it's more motivating than anything.

August 2, 2016CEO

Super review. ;) Honestly, thank you for sharing. Totally agree that we have a very technical solution that solves technical problems for technical buyers. We love that - raises the bar for everyone and to your point, we love surrounding ourselves (and our customers!) with smart people. And you're right - our processes, while sooo much better than just a year ago, still have some maturing to do for sure.

"Honest Review"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Not many pros to list. Gain a very small bit of knowledge about the tech industry as well as networking. Young office. Pizza and kegs at the end of a good quarter.

Cons

Very low pay. If you don't mind making 150 cold calls a day then this is the spot for you. Not joking the number they expect is 150 a day and they track it so the whole office knows how many phone calls each person makes. Sales goals are set at impossibly high levels so that when you get close but don't quite make it they don't give you a raise. The turn over rate is incredible. New faces every couple weeks.

August 2, 2016CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Are you sure you're reviewing the right company here? We've never had "kegs" ever (we do enjoy celebrating our successes for sure and we also own and learn from our mistakes too...). In sales, effort does matter ( a lot!), but our goals here are based on results and outputs vs. activity.

9. "If you like a challenge, this might be right for you"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and performance accountability are clearly important to leadership. That naturally attracts performance oriented individuals with high professional standards that want to develop their skills and their career. If you are willing to work hard and participate in the larger collaborative effort to grow the business, your contributions will be welcomed and rewarded in all parts of the company. If that sounds right to you, this could be a great fit.

Cons

Not really a con, but it's a start-up environment with all the associated challenges of a rapidly growing company. You have to like rolling up your sleeves to do the heavily lifting. If you don't naturally seek a challenge, it’s probably not a good fit for you.

August 2, 2016CEO

Great input - thanks for sharing. Yes, this is a start-up culture and the realities of that can be a lot to absorb. Those that thrive in that kind of environment do well here and will find it very rewarding; but if you're looking for a "cool place to hang out" - I agree, best to keep looking since everyone here is accountable for their own performance and for not letting their teammates or our customers down.

"Business Development Rep"

I worked at AppNeta

Pros

Great corporate culture, lots of young hungry athletes, fun events. Good place to launch a career in technology sales.

Cons

Poor compensation. Goals often unachievable. Need to boost entry level pay. Encourage employees to stay.

August 2, 2016CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We agree with the better training (and on-boarding...). We've invested heavily in this area for past ~12 months, and to be sure, we've made major strides forward, but we can do better still. And we're committed to doing just that.

Found 85 reviews