ATB Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

ATB Financial President and CEO Curtis Stange
Curtis Stange

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is encouraged but you won't get promoted if you use it" (in 19 reviews)

• "no cons at this time as I enjoyed working there" (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Service Advice Specialist"

Former Employee - Service Advise Specialist in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Service Advise Specialist in Calgary, AB

I worked at ATB Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best companies I have had the privilege and pride in working for!

The company strives to deliver a bold, iconic and world-class experience for each and every customer.
    The company values you as an employee and you are always made to feel that you are a part of the wheels of structure and have the immediate support of your peers and management.

Wonderful work and life balance of which is of the utmost important to your well-being as an associate and team member coupled with a wonderful work diversity.

Great work benefits and perks coupled with insightful and helpful peers or associates makes your time at the workplace more interesting and progressive.

Your success is determined by your performance and there are plenty of opportunities to move around and all training and support is provided to lead on your road to success.

The best part about dealing with the customers is that you are empowered by your peers and team leaders to be as influential and as 'yourself' as possible. You will not be addressed to be a different person because who you are is why they would hire you in the first place. Your character/persona and charisma will be exploited which will make your job much easier.

The ethos, I believe can be surmised as, regarding customer service, is 'not by the book, but by the heart'.

Create lasting relationships and serve the customer's best interests and provide a suitable and tailored resolution so that each customer feels an “personal” experience.

I was laid- off with no regrets and still would highly recommend a career with ATB Financial.

I confidently foresee many successes with ATB Financial and am positive that they will exceed all your expectations of an employer.

Cons

People are people and you will always come across some whom you might feel the cause may be personal and/or something about you that they might not like or acclimatize to. However, that is prevalent in any workplace and glad to be moving on just as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and best regards to the direction and progress of the company.

4 Sep, 2018

We always love to hear from our past employee's and so glad to hear that the culture of ATB had a positive impact on you.

The attributes that you recapped make ATB the place to be, and we hope... More

2. "It Really Is a Family"

Current Employee - Information Designer in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Information Designer in Calgary, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the biggest reasons I joined was because I can work remotely. This allows me to work around my family commitments and makes life less stressful. The culture is world class, my team is awesome, I have all the tools I need to be effective and fun is second nature. They trust me to do my best work all the time and challenges abound. I appreciate their commitment to the community and executives are easily accessible to anyone in the organization. Communication is great and every team member has the opportunity to contribute to what is happening.

Cons

Things happen fast so if you can't adjust quickly, this isn't the place for you. There is a lot of information but it still needs to be organized in a way that is easy to find and access.

Advice to Management

The experience in the branch is not always what you would expect. More needs to be done to connect these team members to the culture within the rest of the organization. The customer experience needs to be consistent across the board so we can confidently recommend ATB as THE place to bank.

3. "Personal Banker"

I worked at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Great company to work for ! Salary and benefits are decent compared to the competition.

Cons

Has been a great experience qorki g with them. So don't have any cons.one thing to add ... It's a provincial bank so it's not like woking for the big 5's

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and the employees will take care of your business !

4. "Director"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Great culture! The mission and values are real not just words on a poster.

Cons

Can't think of a thing!

"ATB .... Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great ability to manage own time and work how you want. Able to work to work from home and various company locations. Easy technology to connect with team mates across the province.

Cons

In a state on constant change. The desire to be innovative can be too disruptive and moves to fast. Not always for the best or what makes sense.

4 Oct, 2018 – Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always love hearing such positive reviews from our current team members! We are glad to hear that the ATB culture enables to do your best work.

6. "great company to work for"

Pros

lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

shift work and rotations from 7am-11pm were not enjoyable although they did give you a rotation schedule a year in advance with the entire years worth of rotations

4 Oct, 2018 – Program Specialist

Thanks you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback.

"Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Calgary, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros : Work Life Balance and Management

Cons

There is no cons as of now.

8. "ATB Financial"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Great culture and people at this company. Opportunity’s for advancement are good as well.

Cons

Annual increases are minimal to nil.

4 Oct, 2018 – Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always love hearing such positive comments form our current team members. ATB Financial continues to strive to be the Place to Be and ensuring... More

"Great Values"

Current Employee - Director in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Director in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most leaders lived the ATB values all of the time. Great work life balance flexibility and working from home options.

Cons

Your advancement and job satisfaction is greatly dependent on if you have a good leader or not. When you have a great leader, it is fantastic. When you don't, as in all organizations, it is terrible. There are many great leaders at ATB, but there are also a good number of terrible leaders.

Advice to Management

Do not promote internal leaders just because they are internal. You need to ensure that you have the right leader who knows how to lead and inspire, not just change job titles and be a stink at a leader.

11 Sep, 2018 – Program Specialist

Thank you for leaving us a review, we really appreciate feedback from current team members. We have a program called the Leaders ALL IN, in which trains our leaders to be great leaders (not perfect... More

"Counsel"

Pros

Great work environment. Positive. Value employees.

Cons

Low salary. No room to grow.

18 Sep, 2018 – Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always love hear from our past employees.