ATB Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is encouraged but you won't get promoted if you use it" (in 19 reviews)

• "no cons at this time as I enjoyed working there" (in 18 reviews)

1. "ATB"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

The culture is amazing, always focus in bringing happiness for everyone

Cons

the union sometimes makes it difficult to action low performance staff

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

2. "Great engagement and putting team members first always"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very value driven company, it lets us be the decision makers in creating value and helping our customers. ATB will look through every avenue before saying no to the client. As a leader I know there is so much personal development and support given to me to be better and ask the right questions.

Cons

not really a con, but hopefully in future we could choose where we worked from, even if it was out of the province and/or country.
    FIX the SAP, there needs to be some upgrades, it crashing all the time etc. is a hindrance for us to provide amazing customer experience.

Advice to Management

continue to drive the way you are, there is a reason we all work for ATB. Re-imagine the scorecard (RFS) so it is only based on CAI and CRI. A lot of the time no one wants to do "service work" as it doesn't get them units/revenue. I think by taking that away, everyone then delivers more towards the customer obsessed environment, and there is no more of having to find the one PB that will take accountability and help the customer.

3. "A bit too much koolaid"

I worked at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Flexibility, friendly environment, progressive leadership

Cons

Lots of wasted time and money with daily changes to important decisions. Makes it hard to get any forward momentum.

Advice to Management

Read the book "Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble". Tone it down with all the koolaid talk. Feels like there's a lot of big talk but no substance.

4. "Great Support"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Great place to work, they are people focused, customers and staff.

Cons

Training is a little haphazard.

Advice to Management

Have a plan for training and don't just hope for the best

4 Jun, 2018

Always great t read reviews form current employees, as they truly give us an opportunity to get the pulse of the business and listen to what is happening internally. Training of our employees... More

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Very focus on employees growth and engagement

Cons

Technology can continue to improve

4 Jun, 2018

Thank you very much for leaving us your review. We are thrilled to hear from our current team members that the work we do around engagement and professional development lands so well! Besides a lot... More

6. "ATB is great"

Pros

great team to work for, enjoyed my time

Cons

not many I can think of

4 Jun, 2018

Thank you for this fabulous review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed working with us!

7. "Great company! But be prepared for change!"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will never be bored. ATB is constantly changing/transforming. This can get frustrating when you are enjoying your role, however it is great if you get bored or frustrated. ATB tends to value people who think outside the box and are eager to contribute.

Overall it is a great place to work and I highly recommend it. Just be sure to have a positive attitude and be ready for change!

Cons

If you prefer a stable job, with stable goals and to have a set job description this isn’t a place for you. ATB values contribution from their employees, but also tends to be quick to show you the door if you aren’t eager to change.

Advice to Management

Transformation/change is great, however Project teams and Managers tend to over use/miss-use “agile”, “reimagine”, and “transform” as justification to do whatever they want and disrupt other teams in the process. This is contributing to some transformational burnout from team members who have been constantly directly impacted.

4 Jun, 2018

Thank you for being ALL IN in theses highly transformative and disruptive times. We need team members like you to help us succeed and are thrilled to have you on board. We are committed to passing on... More

8. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having led in various organizations for more than 30 years, ATB is the best. A clear vision with an executive and leadership team that walks the talk using a strong set of values in the ATB's. Want a great place to be? It's ATB. Want to work hard and use your talent to do great things? It's ATB.

Cons

I have nothing I would consider a con.

4 Jun, 2018

WOW, what a review. We are proud to have ALL IN ATBers like yourself in our corner. Together we can make banking work for people and create happiness for our customers and ourselves as team members.

9. "Personal Banking Specialist II"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Amazing employer. The best I have worked for in more than 20 years in the industry

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work!

4 Jun, 2018

This is music to our ears! Thank you for bringing your BEST effort and doing your BEST work everyday! You are what we'd call an ALL IN ATBer!

"B & Ag"

Former Employee - Account Officer in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Account Officer in Edmonton, AB

I worked at ATB Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home option is available.

Cons

Terrible leader who didn’t understand the roles on the team and what it takes to be successful. Leader did nothing to help improve performance, and took a “figure it out yourself” approach to all performance problems. Lots of talk about culture, but no action.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront and honest

4 Jun, 2018

Thank you for finding the time to leave us your review. We value your feedback and will pass your comments on to B&Ag to ensure that you are heard and our leaders get a chance to listen to feedback... More