ATB Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is encouraged but you won't get promoted if you use it (in 18 reviews)

• no cons at this time as I enjoyed working there (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Calgary, AB

Pros

I can truly say I love ATB'S culture - They are changing the way employees work, for the best. ATB understands that its KEY to invest in employees, if you want to have a successful business.

Cons

No cons from my perspective!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your culture! It is amazing to see all the programs available for employees learning and success!

ATB Financial Response

17 Mar, 2017 – Talent Coordinator- Marketing

Thank you for the positive review. We are so happy to hear that ATB’s culture has made a positive impact on your professional development and is reimagining the way our employees work and engage with... More

2. "An amazing place to launch your career"

I worked at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

This is flat out one of the best companies you can work for in Alberta! They promote a great workplace atmosphere which makes it easy to connect with your colleagues and socialize outside of work. The mentorship and training opportunities management provides gives you many chances to take initiative and grow within the scope of your role.

Cons

Could become a poor fit if you don't share the company values or are not engaged in the workplace

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Banking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grande Prairie, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grande Prairie, AB

I worked at ATB Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits especially pension plan

Cons

Targets could seem unattainable at times

Advice to Management

Important to keep a diversified work force

"Refresh Middle Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laudable company strategy to re-imagine banking and focus on customer obsession. CEO and most top leaders are genuine and authentic - they walk the talk. Work/life balance is very good with opportunities to work from home.

Cons

Lots of politics with poor leadership and poor management skills at the bloated middle management layer. Many middle managers have grown their careers entirely within ATB and live in a bubble - propagating a quasi-government job culture. If you thrive in high-performing teams of professionals that are results driven, this place will kill your spirit.

Advice to Management

Flatten your middle-management organization and use your engagement surveys to purge ineffective managers.

6. "good job"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

friendly staff and a great place to work

Cons

job does get repeatable.

7. "Great Place to Work For"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company really cares about its employees and the ability to work from home is amazing.

The benefits are also really good within the company.

Cons

You need to be in the right place and the right time for a promotion.

Advice to Management

Adequately advertise positions within the company, you could miss out on an opportunity for a great manager from other areas.

8. "THE best place to work for career development"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since the release of myCareer and many visible opportunities for career mobility have opened up in 2017, its clear that ATB is listening to what team members want as it relates to advancement and opportunity.

Cons

While I would like to say "none", realistically, the biggest con I see is that its not for the faint of heart. I personally love this factor but ATB is not a great place if you aren't passionate about the work you do. It's no place to coast. Again - this is not a con but a word of warning for those looking for "just a job".

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within, offering opportunities for talent mobility and developing your top performers.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Nice benefit plans, ability to control your career and salary, moving up within the community you want to work in. Decision making is encouraged and rewarded, feedback is always welcome to improve how things operate.

Cons

Still some "old school" thinkers that slow things down, but less and less every day

"One in a million"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at ATB! I've never worked for a company that is so focused on its employees and culture, and what a difference. ATB walks the walk. I was tired of working for companies that talked about how important their employees were to the business, but did nothing. We have employee engagement surveys, like a lot of organizations. However, when there is a concern expressed, ATB does something about it. They make changes.

For the business, everything we do every day is all about the customer experience. Here's a great example: a customer in northern Alberta sent an email to an executive in the company regarding banking fees. He had become a senior years before and but wasn't advised that he could have eliminated all fees if he had switched to another account until about 7 years into that status. So, typically, ATB refunded that customers fees from all the previous years. But then we went a step further... ATB did an audit that identified every customer who was eligible for the no-fee account and REFUNDED ALL OF THEIR FEES. ATB has integrity, something that I find lacking in a lot of businesses.

Cons

I can't think of a thing, really.

Advice to Management

Keep up the phenomenal work!

11. "Product vs poised"

I have been working at ATB Financial full-time

Pros

Generally ok to begin with needs some wrench workers to make sure everyone is doing good. Management can be better

Cons

Too much work so little time. Find opportunities for all not just friends or family.

Advice to Management

Create a law of being active and present or else I'm going else where. Keeping rude people isn't always the best idea.