ATB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Lethbridge, AB) in February-2017.

Interview

- I submitted my online application and completed ATB personality test in December 2016.
    - Initial phone interview with HR representative in January 2017.
    - Face-to-face interview with Senior Team Lead and another manager in February 2017.
    - Invited for a second round of interview the week after, but it was cancelled as an internal candidate has been selected.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Your HR partner will stay with you every steps of the way including a prompt notification of interview re-scheduling. My initial face interview had to be re-scheduled due to weather issues but it was informed promptly to me via e-mail. Allowing me to make the necessary adjustment to my already busy schedule.

The face-to-face interview was very definitely very cordial. They certainly know how to make you feel at ease and the flow of the interview felt akin to just a regular conversation between old friends.

ATB is really good at keeping their candidates in the loop. Even the cancellation of my second interview came directly via a call from the director whom I supposed to be interviewing in the first place. Definitely reduced the sting of disappointment of not getting the position.

Even though I didn't get the position, the tremendous amount of supports, follow-ups, encouragements, and kind words throughout the entire process solidifies my admiration towards ATB. This might not be my time to join the organization yet, but I absolutely will try again once the next opportunity comes up.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational and behavioural questions for the position I applied. Some historical and background question as well as I think ATB really want to know who you are as a person instead of just another candidate.

The one question that stuck with me was "how do you define a great leader?". Definitely something that I never encountered before, so that was a good experience.

No out of the ordinary questions.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst - Mat Leave Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB).

Interview

Initial telephone interview screening then additional face to face interview if selected
    Was good - 2 ppl interviewed and was comfortable. Later once selected requested I come in to meet the team. Was made to feel very comfortable and welcoming

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re: why are you most suited for this position   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Process was quick, got contacted for a phone interview before the posting was even closed. A few days later was scheduled for an in person interview. Lots of behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here/What do you know about ATB?   Answer Question

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tofield, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Tofield, AB) in August-2017.

Interview

They called me for a 20 minute interview over the phone before scheduling an in-person interview. The interview took about a half hour. The bank manager and a recently hired manger from amother bank asked me questions from a big booklet they had.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a customer tha you gave special attention to, and how do you think that made them feel?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever have an experience at work that was fun, and made work something enjoyable?   Answer Question
    • In your previous job at summer camp, how did you personally help keep the staff unified? And how did you deal with problems like homesickness in the children?   Answer Question

Service Advice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in July-2017.

Interview

The interview process took two and half week. Friendly and straight forward interview, behavioral questions mostly. Final step is group interview with all the shortlisted candidate. and then decision or job offer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customer?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in July-2017.

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone to determine if you are a good fit for the company culture. This included basic experience and situational questions.

Following the phone interview was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This interview was composed of more situational questions as well as a skills demonstration based upon a prepared scenario.

Interview Questions

• What are three traits or characteristics you admire that you do not possess yourself?   Answer Question

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in June-2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone who did not have interview experience. I was told that the culture team was supposed to be there but there was a time conflict. So the head of the team brought someone who has worked as a market research manager for only 3 months at the company. Mostly behavioural questions. However, did not really seem like they even know what answers they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used an ANOVA   1 Answer

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in June-2017.

Interview

The interview was quite good, but they haven't gotten back to me in over a month to give an update on if there will be a second interview or if I wasn't a successful candidate or anything. Very frustrating not receiving responses to voice mail inquiries. Really love ATB culture so would love to work there. Still waiting for any type of update.

Casual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Diamond, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Black Diamond, AB).

Interview

Because I worked casual at two different branches. I had two different interviews. First one was with the CRM we got along great. Second interview at second branch was with the bank manager and the CRM, was very cordial.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember was, how do you feel about the younger generation.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in May-2017.

Interview

applied online. after 2 days got a phone interview, then next day face to face interview.
    After about an hour interview, I was advised go home and wait for the response.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel ATM can do more than a teller?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB) in April-2017.

Interview

Cultural-fit quiz is default when submitting your application - do some research on ATB's culture at this point (if you haven't already) to make sure you pass the fit test. Took a few weeks (two or three) after submitting my application to get invited to a screening interview over the phone. Phone interview was 20-30 minutes; primarily cultural questions that (if you know about ATB's culture in advance) are all fairly straight forward. Some standard behavioural and generic job-related questions as well. This is with HR. Next interview was scheduled about two weeks later (HR noted they always conduct two interviews - sometimes three). This was over the phone (I'm out-of-province) and with the same HR professional plus the department director and a senior manager. Some behavioural questions as well as more in-depth technical questions; nothing too difficult - all related to the initial job posting and my prior experiences. Didn't hear back after about two weeks so I contacted HR - followed up within an hour letting me know they went with someone else for X reason (which was fair and feedback was appreciated). Everyone seemed intelligent and friendly throughout the process, albeit busy - so be patient.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ATB?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ATB?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to improve a customer's experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took a complex data set and concisely explained it to someone else.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current role? Why do you want to take on this role?   Answer Question
    • What innovative technologies are you excited about (in X industry) and how come? How could we use them?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with....(software products)? How have you applied them in your current role?   Answer Question