ATB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

ATB Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at ATB Financial

2.9

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ATB Financial (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I reached out to an HR contact regarding a job posting that was no longer available online but that I was still interested in. I received a reply a week later, forwarded my resume, and received another email from the hiring manager the same day. Had a great phone interview a day later, an in person interview two days later and received a job offer two days after that! All in all a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Situational and Behavioral questions which discussed my previous experience and why I suddenly changed career paths into customer service. They also asked me questions regarding situations. Lastly, they asked me questions regarding personal traits and skills that would ensure I did well in that position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with ATB?   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherwood Park, AB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Sherwood Park, AB).

Interview

Pre pandemic I did the video interview and was selected as the top 5 to interview, I then received a call that they job had been pulled and they would know in a few weeks if it was going to be a position they could hire for. A few weeks later the manager called and said he was looking to interview on Tuesday or Wednesday and would call on Monday. He didn’t, I then called to follow up late afternoon and received a TEXT back on the Tuesday he was in a conference all week and would call me later to discuss. Never happened. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email that they would schedule a phone interview First phone interview where they asked a bunch of questions, 2nd in person interview. 3rd was the offer

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths, 3 weakness, tell me about ATB, would do you want to work here, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at ATB innovation lab, Calgary (a separate division that was funded by ATB Financial ). It was a horrible experience, very immature interviewer (was trying to racial profile me right at the get go). I later learnt that he himself was a newly hired at ATB. "HE" had literally no to very little subject knowledge about software development (Basically he was expecting my answers to match with what he read on Wikipedia) and he had no clue how to phrase his technical questions, and was extremely RUDE.

There was absolutely no sort of innovation just a traditional interview process (Where they ask you simple non related questions for 30 mins and decide if you have the depth of knowledge. Thank goodness if this was the interview process everywhere we would not have a Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Elon Musk). Oh did I mention, they don't want to look at your work, github repositories or other open source projects that you have worked on.

THIS WHOLE INTERVIEW PROCESS IS A SCAM and THERE IS ZERO INNOVATION what so ever. I don't think they are seriously looking to hire anyone. They are basically looking to steal your ideas. PERIOD!!!! Save yourself a few hours and go out for a walk, have a coffee or do something useful than attending this interview. My 2 cents.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an innovative idea? - "When you are about to answer that, he would say oh you don't have to share it. But why would you ask the question in the first place?"   Answer Question

Banking Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

online interview is 1:1 have not done it yet. It is virtual. not really sure what else to say i just wanna look at the page. I think they will ask my questions about customers and other stuff

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in November 2020.

Interview

Started with an automated screening video interview, moved onto a virtual face-to-face interview. Both interviews were quite straight forward. They emphasized the company's values as well as the role and culture.

Interview Questions

• There were behavioral questions, scenario based questions and role play.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

It was an online web based interview. The email was sent with 4 days to complete and submit. The questions were recorded and there was options to retake the video.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work process, knowledge about the company, and salary expectations   Answer Question

Service Advice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in April 2020.

Interview

First group screening was conducted where 7-8 candidates were present. This was done through a video to screen out candidates. Then a hirevue video interview was conducted where one has to record a video answering questions popping on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at ATB?   1 Answer
    • How this position aligns with your skills and abilities?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you went way above your job roles for a customer?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Kind of long, multiple rounds of interviews and they continue to figure out who you are from a qualitative perspective. Be able to answer yourself and your work experience, being able to fully explain in detail about yourself and these positions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.