ATB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 10 Jan, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Lethbridge, AB) in February-2017.

Interview

- I submitted my online application and completed ATB personality test in December 2016.
    - Initial phone interview with HR representative in January 2017.
    - Face-to-face interview with Senior Team Lead and another manager in February 2017.
    - Invited for a second round of interview the week after, but it was cancelled as an internal candidate has been selected.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Your HR partner will stay with you every steps of the way including a prompt notification of interview re-scheduling. My initial face interview had to be re-scheduled due to weather issues but it was informed promptly to me via e-mail. Allowing me to make the necessary adjustment to my already busy schedule.

The face-to-face interview was very definitely very cordial. They certainly know how to make you feel at ease and the flow of the interview felt akin to just a regular conversation between old friends.

ATB is really good at keeping their candidates in the loop. Even the cancellation of my second interview came directly via a call from the director whom I supposed to be interviewing in the first place. Definitely reduced the sting of disappointment of not getting the position.

Even though I didn't get the position, the tremendous amount of supports, follow-ups, encouragements, and kind words throughout the entire process solidifies my admiration towards ATB. This might not be my time to join the organization yet, but I absolutely will try again once the next opportunity comes up.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational and behavioural questions for the position I applied. Some historical and background question as well as I think ATB really want to know who you are as a person instead of just another candidate.

The one question that stuck with me was "how do you define a great leader?". Definitely something that I never encountered before, so that was a good experience.

No out of the ordinary questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB).

Interview

The hiring process took about 2.5 months. I had 2 interviews. The first interview was not that hard. I was offered the job 4 days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you choose ATB? What do you think about giving and receiving feedback. What do you know about ATB's products and services? What customer obsession means to you? and many more questions...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Online Application, Phone Interview, In Person Interview and Background check. Total processing time, 4 weeks. Interview was in person and 1 individual was online through Skype. Straight forward interview with Behavorial questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you dealt with an upset customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Level, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (High Level, AB) in October-2017.

Interview

I had two interview with online Assessment.telephone interview and face to face. They have a question list ,online assessment is about customer service skills,simulating how to welcome customer,how to do calculations,how to recommend products and recommend customer to financial expert.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview,they ask me introduce myself,why do you want to work for ATB, could you tell me a time You had a fun when you did your job,could you tell me a time you said no to your customer,etc all about behavior questions related to ATB values.   Answer Question
    • In the second interview , why do you want to work for financial industry,what is the good team, tell a story you use your special skills to solve customer problem,what collaboration mean to you, what will you do if we charge money for withdrawal money at the counter,what is the difficult goal you set in the past,etc   Answer Question

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in October-2017.

Interview

Questions about oneself, situational questions, and opportunities to share one's personality. They really want to get to know the person, what motivates them, and how they could be an asset to the team.

Interview Questions

• What drives you / what are you excited about every day?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst - Mat Leave Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB).

Interview

Initial telephone interview screening then additional face to face interview if selected
    Was good - 2 ppl interviewed and was comfortable. Later once selected requested I come in to meet the team. Was made to feel very comfortable and welcoming

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re: why are you most suited for this position   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Process was quick, got contacted for a phone interview before the posting was even closed. A few days later was scheduled for an in person interview. Lots of behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here/What do you know about ATB?   Answer Question

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tofield, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Tofield, AB) in August-2017.

Interview

They called me for a 20 minute interview over the phone before scheduling an in-person interview. The interview took about a half hour. The bank manager and a recently hired manger from amother bank asked me questions from a big booklet they had.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a customer tha you gave special attention to, and how do you think that made them feel?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever have an experience at work that was fun, and made work something enjoyable?   Answer Question
    • In your previous job at summer camp, how did you personally help keep the staff unified? And how did you deal with problems like homesickness in the children?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in July-2017.

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone to determine if you are a good fit for the company culture. This included basic experience and situational questions.

Following the phone interview was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This interview was composed of more situational questions as well as a skills demonstration based upon a prepared scenario.

Interview Questions

• What are three traits or characteristics you admire that you do not possess yourself?   Answer Question

Service Advice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in July-2017.

Interview

The interview process took two and half week. Friendly and straight forward interview, behavioral questions mostly. Final step is group interview with all the shortlisted candidate. and then decision or job offer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customer?   1 Answer

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in June-2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone who did not have interview experience. I was told that the culture team was supposed to be there but there was a time conflict. So the head of the team brought someone who has worked as a market research manager for only 3 months at the company. Mostly behavioural questions. However, did not really seem like they even know what answers they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used an ANOVA   1 Answer