ATB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 13 Jul, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Lethbridge, AB) in February-2017.

Interview

- I submitted my online application and completed ATB personality test in December 2016.
    - Initial phone interview with HR representative in January 2017.
    - Face-to-face interview with Senior Team Lead and another manager in February 2017.
    - Invited for a second round of interview the week after, but it was cancelled as an internal candidate has been selected.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Your HR partner will stay with you every steps of the way including a prompt notification of interview re-scheduling. My initial face interview had to be re-scheduled due to weather issues but it was informed promptly to me via e-mail. Allowing me to make the necessary adjustment to my already busy schedule.

The face-to-face interview was very definitely very cordial. They certainly know how to make you feel at ease and the flow of the interview felt akin to just a regular conversation between old friends.

ATB is really good at keeping their candidates in the loop. Even the cancellation of my second interview came directly via a call from the director whom I supposed to be interviewing in the first place. Definitely reduced the sting of disappointment of not getting the position.

Even though I didn't get the position, the tremendous amount of supports, follow-ups, encouragements, and kind words throughout the entire process solidifies my admiration towards ATB. This might not be my time to join the organization yet, but I absolutely will try again once the next opportunity comes up.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational and behavioural questions for the position I applied. Some historical and background question as well as I think ATB really want to know who you are as a person instead of just another candidate.

The one question that stuck with me was "how do you define a great leader?". Definitely something that I never encountered before, so that was a good experience.

No out of the ordinary questions.   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ATB Financial (New York, NY (US)) in April-2018.

Interview

I reached out to an HR contact regarding a job posting that was no longer available online but that I was still interested in. I received a reply a week later, forwarded my resume, and received another email from the hiring manager the same day. Had a great phone interview a day later, an in person interview two days later and received a job offer two days after that! All in all a wonderful experience.

Associate Interview

Interview

very professional, submitted resume - had communication via email and phone calls. I had two interviews conveniently before work. They completed a security check as well as references. Process took about three weeks in total. I was given detailed information about the company and benefits etc.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Extensive interview process that consists of multiple interviews over an extended period of time. The HR team is great and very friendly. The interview process was very intense, but the individuals I dealt with were very open and honest from the beginning which I appreciated. It was a great learning experience and their rigorous process is what makes them a top employer.

Interview Questions

• Very thorough, especially technical questions in regards to financial statement analysis.   Answer Question

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in October-2017.

Interview

Questions about oneself, situational questions, and opportunities to share one's personality. They really want to get to know the person, what motivates them, and how they could be an asset to the team.

Interview Questions

• What drives you / what are you excited about every day?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB) in April-2017.

Interview

Cultural-fit quiz is default when submitting your application - do some research on ATB's culture at this point (if you haven't already) to make sure you pass the fit test. Took a few weeks (two or three) after submitting my application to get invited to a screening interview over the phone. Phone interview was 20-30 minutes; primarily cultural questions that (if you know about ATB's culture in advance) are all fairly straight forward. Some standard behavioural and generic job-related questions as well. This is with HR. Next interview was scheduled about two weeks later (HR noted they always conduct two interviews - sometimes three). This was over the phone (I'm out-of-province) and with the same HR professional plus the department director and a senior manager. Some behavioural questions as well as more in-depth technical questions; nothing too difficult - all related to the initial job posting and my prior experiences. Didn't hear back after about two weeks so I contacted HR - followed up within an hour letting me know they went with someone else for X reason (which was fair and feedback was appreciated). Everyone seemed intelligent and friendly throughout the process, albeit busy - so be patient.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ATB?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ATB?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to improve a customer's experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took a complex data set and concisely explained it to someone else.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current role? Why do you want to take on this role?   Answer Question
    • What innovative technologies are you excited about (in X industry) and how come? How could we use them?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with....(software products)? How have you applied them in your current role?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in July-2017.

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone to determine if you are a good fit for the company culture. This included basic experience and situational questions.

Following the phone interview was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This interview was composed of more situational questions as well as a skills demonstration based upon a prepared scenario.

Interview Questions

• What are three traits or characteristics you admire that you do not possess yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB) in December-2015.

Interview

Horrible process, so not professional "Talent Acquisition" individuals. They don't honor their promises to return emails/phone calls, you send a professional email or message on Linkdln and good luck if your email/message is acknowledged. I respect when an employer select someone else but it is the way you are treated along the process by their staff. It is clear that their Talent Acquisition Officers reject applications without even reviewing resumes, I do not recommend ATB as place to work or even to do business with them.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult, actually the Talent Acquisition officer said all interviews went very well.   Answer Question

ATB Financial Response

11 Feb, 2016 – Talent Advisor

Thank you for your Glassdoor review. It’s important to us that all potential candidates, successful or not, feel valued. We have developed a unique culture focused on delivering happiness to... More

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ATB Financial in July-2014.

Interview

Considering the position, I had 4 interviews, most of them telephone. They were very open and up front, some interesting interview techniques. The process took about 2 months before an offer was put in place, but I fully expected that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done something in a job that you knew was wrong, but did it anyways? And would you do it again if you were in that position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Clear and far.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB) in December-2015.

Interview

Couple of phone calls from a recruiter; first one to know about my leadership skills; and to talk about the bank goals and vision.
    Before the sexond call received links about chapter one (ATB company review); and branch manager link to know what to spect about the position.
    Second interview was more focused on the roll.

Interview Questions

• Example of how you solved a problem of poor performance of one of your team members   1 Answer