What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There is no work/life balance." (in 5 reviews)
- "Instead use terms like protection program, important benefits and tell the members that their union set these benefits up for them." (in 3 reviews)
- "Insane amount of turn over because the system is difficult to make money at, the incredibly long hours, the tight control over your every action and the long drive times to get to your territory." (in 2 reviews)
- "Of course if the client gets irritated that they keep getting harassed and cancel, you might lose the prepaid commissions you received and will definitely lose the renewal commission you earned." (in 2 reviews)
Found 68 of over 74 reviews
Updated Aug 1, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 1, 2023Insurance AgentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCleveland, OH
You can become the best version of yourself here. The same cannot be said for most employers.
Have to have hustle or you will likely not succeed
AIL Midwest Reviews FAQs
AIL Midwest has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 74 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at AIL Midwest to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
69% of AIL Midwest employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AIL Midwest 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.