Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Manager

Manager Interview Questions

5,535

Manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the difference between a risk and an issue?

3 Answers

This is classic project management professional terminology, which I knew. But since I'm not a PMP I didn't know the precise definitions so I didn't try to bluff it. In the real world the two things are so different that you can't really point out what the differences are. I was left doing a goldfish impression - mouth opening & closing.

An issue is an actual problem which is (negatively) impacting your project. A risk is an unknown or potential future event -- can have negative OR POSITIVE impact (yes!) and may or may not occur.

In Jeopardy you wouldn't get the money! That doesn't say what the difference is, it says what each of them are, but yes a reasonable response can be extrapolated from that (my resume did say "attention to detail" even if it didn't say "PMP"). Non-PMP's will probably laugh at the concept that risks can be positive because in any normal dictionary they are only about negative things ("exposure to the chance of injury or loss; a hazard or dangerous chance"). That PMP speak doesn't term them "uncertainties" instead of "risks" is risible.

Do you write poetry? (this was for a QA position)

3 Answers

What are the criteria you use to measure project success?

2 Answers

What would you do if you are in a restarurant that did not serve company product?

2 Answers

We treat the interviewing process like "dating" You get to meet each other and see if there is any chemistry. Don't you agree with this?

2 Answers

What would you to accomplish 30 contacts a day?

1 Answer

Asked about specific work experiences.

1 Answer

Personal projection for fdi growth

1 Answer

Tell me a time where you brought together a group of people in order to successfully accomplish a task/goal you had set in your mind.

You would need to prepare a 30-60-90 day plan to ceo as next steps