UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

3,578 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Had two interviews. The first one was a phone interview. The 2nd was a virtual interview. Was easy and fast both people I spoke with were incredible nice overall it took about 3 weeks.

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a three round interview process plus lunch with current employee. It was well organized and I interviewed with 2 other people. The interviews lasted about 30 minutes each plus a written and timed assessment section.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Very long process starting with video interview, HR phone screen, 1:1 phone interview with hiring manager, then 2 separate in person panel interviews. Most of the interviewers were very inexperienced, unprofessional, and even lied about why they liked working in the department (one manager admitted after I was hired she lied during interview and was actually "counting the days" until her 1 year in the department was up so she could transfer out of the department). The position turned out to be not at all as represented during the many interviews and didn't even follow standard company processes and policies. Once hired they said to disregard the job description, no longer relevant and perfectly "legal". Needless to say, I felt hood-winked by them all and accepted the job offer based on dishonest interview process.

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Interview

Video email via HireVue. I am very uncomfortable on camera. I think I did really bad because of it. There are 3 question. Take your time and write the answer down and read it.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on multiple tasks and how did you prioritize them?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you ask or is given a new responsibility?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selinsgrove, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Selinsgrove, PA (US)).

Interview

Had 5 phone interviews, 2 of which had to be rescheduled, making the interview process very long. After the last interview I heard back in two days saying they were going to go with another candidate, even though I was told I was the first person they interviewed for the position. Process took about 2 months

Clinical Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phenix City, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phenix City, AL (US)).

Interview

Digital interview, video interview , 3rd interview with Vice President. Interview was very pleasant took about an hour for the video interview. It was a great experience I love interviewing just to learn and get feedback on how to properly interview

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weakness, What do your Teammates think about you, Why should we hire you   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2020.

Interview

Had a virtual interview answering questions (not live with anyone) then a recruiter followed up with me for a phone interview. He asked me to give him my schedule for the next 5 business days. I gave him my schedule for the next 10 business days. I never received any type of follow up after that.

Interview Questions

• no interview, only virtual through hirevue   1 Answer

Benefit Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2020.

Interview

I interviewed via phone call. It was supposed to be an hour but turned out no more than 20 minutes. She asked 3 questions I.e Do I work well in a team environment?, How do I work under stress and pressure? Etc. She was very polite and recommended I get the interview with hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific time where you had to take on additional responsibilities and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interviews were fine, nothing too difficult. Everyone was pleasant. My issue is with how long everything took. My background check took too long. I was told I couldn't start on 8/31, okay I assumed there would be a claims class starting after that, because they were doing interviews and the listing was still on the website. I wasn't called until 9/10, after reaching out to the recruiter listed, and was then informed I don't have a job and no one called me earlier because my recruiterwas "out" (even though I completed my onboarding with payroll and tax info and even got a "swag" box in the mail. I was told I could apply for something else as my background check was good for 8 weeks. Excuse me? I quit my previous job for this position!!! So now I don't have a job and the only positions I can see listed are above my level OR customer service which I don't want to do, that's why I applied for the claims job. I'm just so upset and literally have no recourse and I'm now not working during a pandemic when unemployment is skyrocketing. So just make sure you have enough time for everything to clear before quitting your current job. I knew I was cutting it close but like I said I just figured if they're cutting it close they must have at least 1 more class scheduled. But I guess not.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with a team to meet goals?   Answer Question

Benefits Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2020.

Interview

After applying I got a call setting up an interview for the next week. When the time came for the interview they were over 10-minutes late, never acknowledged it at all, which was very unprofessional.
    They said that the interview will take between 40-60 minutes. It only lasted about 30 and 90% of the time they spoke about things that is reserved for the interview before they hire you.
    They are looking for candidates that are people-friendly and will be able to create a rapport when on the phone. I did this for 10+ years and have awards for it. I guess I was too qualified because I got a response via email that stated "Although your skills and qualifications are impressive, we have identified other candidates whose experience more closely fit the specifications of the position."
    From only asking me one question, not giving me any assessments, the conclusion they came to was that they need someone with more qualifications (answering a phone call) than I.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you went beyond for a customer. It was the ONLY question they asked me.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.