PagerDuty Interview Questions

Updated Nov. 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 162 of over 162 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

PagerDuty

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

Ghosted after building an mvp app and going through the entire hour interview with a developer. I completed every task they needed and followed up the interview to the recruiter with two emails and no response. Looks like this company usually ghosts candidates which is so shameful coming from an established startup.

Interview Questions
  • Build out an app given set of parameters
    Answer Question

PagerDuty

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

No response to application which is poor. Any company should be able to have an automated system to send a message that you have not been considered or the role is on hold.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

470.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=PagerDuty~704466
Join the conversation on

PagerDuty

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

The first part is a technical portion that involved making a base app with certain requirements before the interview. During the interview you add features to the app you created with an engineer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PagerDuty

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

I was interviewed by two people who were extremely kind and even when I struggled were positive and helpful. They asked me a few questions in the beginning than had me doing some code . The coding was mostly focused on backend.

Interview Questions
  • Can't remember the exact questions but most were based around my knowledge and experience coding.

PagerDuty

Application

I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

I went through many, many rounds. Made it to the end after 2 panels. I was told I would hear within a week. It has now been 3 weeks with no decision or response to my emails. I don't mind if the answer is no, but have the decency to let the candidate know. We put in as much effort, if not more than the interviewing team does. Incredibly disrespectful. I would not work here now solely based off of this behavior. AVOID.

Interview Questions
  • Background questions, applicable experience and skills, panel scenario-based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PagerDuty (Atlanta, GA) in Aug. 2022

Interview

Four interviews, one phone screen, typical interview process that is elongated for real reason. Engineer Manager Senior AE Director A little redundant and unnecessary, no need for 4 interviews for a sales role. Scheduling seemed to be an issue and was a little confusing. No follow up or response to outcome of Interview, so after spending 2 weeks do these silly interviews they do not have the courtesy to tell you the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Basically want to see how you can interact with the SA and can you manage the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PagerDuty (Atlanta, GA) in Jul. 2022

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people, everything was going great until the mock call. I was not hired based on the mock call. They were dishonest with me in the last part of the interview and thats unfortunate. I do believe its a great company with a great product. I will re apply in the future.

Interview Questions
  • They ask about the product and how would you sell the product to a client.

PagerDuty

Application

I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

Very clear process, transparent and with a good feedback so for that reasons I recommend so much pagerduty in case you have to do the interview. Go go go go go go go go go

Interview Questions
  • What are you expecting about the job

PagerDuty

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

Recruiter first round (30 mins) - recruiter was very pleasant. Seemed genuine and spoke about the company and her experience candidly HM second round (45 mins) - HM was equally great. Asked very tailored questions, upfront about pain points and expectations Third round (30 mins) - interviewer was very friendly and intelligent. One feedback is I wish this interview was a bit longer as I felt that I couldn’t go deeper into my responses and kept things extremely high level. Unfortunately, rejected after this round. Overall my experience with recruiting and team were positive. They offered feedback when I asked and were very quick to provide me with next steps throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PagerDuty

Application

I interviewed at PagerDuty

Interview

Their recruiting team is over the top fake a cheesy with a video they send out. They act like you are the bees knees and such a great candidate, but then it’s clear they don’t even know what the hiring managers are looking for because they present candidates to them that aren’t a fit. Waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle not having domain experience?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Interviews

PagerDuty Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at PagerDuty as 47.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.87 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Marketing rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at PagerDuty takes an average of 21 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Mobile Software Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Product Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 24 days).

Common stages of the interview process at PagerDuty according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.33%