Cover image for PagerDuty

Found 313 of over 340 reviews

4.4
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada
Pros
  • "Great Culture, Work Life balance(in 27 reviews)

• "great company with great people(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains and overlap between products can sometimes lead to duplicate work(in 17 reviews)

• "I have not experienced any downsides to working at PagerDuty(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

473K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=PagerDuty~704466
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of PagerDuty and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Best Company Ever!

Sep. 1, 2022 - Campaign Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great culture Awesome benefits Very supportive teams

Cons

PagerDuty is the best company to work for!

PagerDuty Response

Hello! Thanks so much for sharing a review. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your time at PagerDuty. With people like you, we are able to foster a great culture with great people to thrive and be successful. Glad to have you here!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company but tough for Sales

Nov. 28, 2022 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, needed product for customers, work life balance, wellness, comp plans

Cons

Growth has significantly slowed assuming due to the economy making it tought to hit sales quotas

3. Join the PagerDuty team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

SDR

Oct. 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work hours and flexibility

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

5. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Aug. 17, 2022 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best workplace culture i've ever encountered. My last job was very toxic and I have never been happier. My job doesn't feel like 'work' everyday (maybe some days, but not everyday)! I can't imagine myself leaving the company anytime soon.

Cons

I personally don't have any but I have heard from some people that they work too much.

PagerDuty Response

Hello! Thanks so much for sharing a review. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your time and the culture at PagerDuty. With our new Culture & Strategy team, we are looking forward to continuing to foster a strong & sustainable culture enables a best-in-class employee experience and supports our employees in a distributed by design environment. As a high growth company, there is plenty to do and lots of opportunity to make an impact and as a result we are determined to make the changes needed for PagerDuty to operate more effectively by simplifying & standardizing ways that we work. We are so glad to have you!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty good company, but the culture is slowly changing for the worse

Aug. 22, 2022 - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent compensation, great benefits, free holiday (employee health day) each month

Cons

In the last year, a lot of new management has come in to "shake things up". This resulted in a culture shift that caused a lot of good employees to leave. They are slowly turning the company into Salesforce.

Continue reading

PagerDuty Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. PagerDuty is a company that values our employees in having a positive experience. With our newly formed Culture & Strategy team, we are committed to ensuring that everyone who joins PagerDuty is aware of and embodies our company values. We are also driving programs and initiatives that, we believe, will help continue to preserve the practices and behaviors that are working well and gradually eliminate the ones that are not working well. With the feedback we receive from our Dutonians in our quarterly surveys and listening sessions, we strive to cultivate a culture where all individuals feel supported and a place that they feel they can succeed. We believe the work in this area is never done, and we are committed to continuous improvement. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and if you would like to expand upon your feedback, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or HRBP.

7. 4.0

Great People, Ineffectual Management

Aug. 8, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

My peers are wonderful and the culture is great. I’ve had multiple direct managers, some were excellent and others were middling.

Cons

Upper management is completely ineffectual, listens to feedback but doesn’t actually do anything about it beyond spinning up more committees and “work streams”. They’re also extremely risk averse; we spend far more time planning than we need to and it becomes increasingly hard to ship anything of value. Additionally, management is increasingly short-sighted, unwilling to commit to long-term investments that see little value in the short term. Finally, the product’s user experience and frontend engineering is in a sad state and leadership either doesn’t recognize or doesn’t care. They have actively reduced investment in these areas and experienced significant attrition, and have little success at backfilling these roles.

PagerDuty Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with PagerDuty! We’re so glad to hear of your appreciation for our people and our culture. We pride ourselves in being a “people-first” organization. We put a lot of attention and care on who we hire and how we are, in order to foster an environment where all can thrive. We take feedback on Product Development very seriously, as we do with feedback on any org in PagerDuty. It's an important input into decisions that are made on how and where we invest (or not invest) in areas. Getting that investment balance right between short-term and long-term can be tricky, and we have projects underway in both buckets. We also care deeply about our customer experience. We are working to accelerate our rate of innovation for the front end and continue to prioritize and invest in improving our UX while still balancing other critical priorities. Also, we encourage you to speak with your manager and or attend one of your leadership’s office hours to talk through your concerns.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Was a great company

Jul. 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good. Got to solve interesting problems and sell to some name brands.

Cons

Lots of changes on a quarterly basis. Hard for new folks to adapt.

PagerDuty Response

Thank you for your positive comments and your time at PagerDuty, I agree that as a company focused on incident response, we have a lot of new and exciting problems that need to be solved. We are going through exciting changes and continuing to establish and grow business not only in the US, but EMEA & APJ as well. Change can be challenging and can lead to constant changes, however we continue to invest in support and resources to ensure our employees are able to adapt smoothly, I feel strongly that our teams are well positioned to support PagerDuty’s mission "to revolutionize operations and build customer trust by anticipating the unexpected in an unpredictable world". That goes for our customers and our Dutonians!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Jul. 8, 2022 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great engineering and product team. Very qualified and skilled colleagues.

Cons

Poor leadership. Lacks emotional intelligence.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Job

May 23, 2022 - Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary, cool people and great product

Cons

No cons that I can think of

11. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you need life, find another company

Jun. 8, 2022 -  in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't see any pros working here

Cons

Horrible upper management. Join this company if you dont want a life. they expect you to work 24 hours to complete tickets and then additional hours to work on design, proposal and other additional work. If not, you are put in performance improvement program. Typically a task performed by principal engineer is given to be designed and programmed in 1 month. What a joke. People are leaving this company with huge dissatisfaction and complete burnt out. And they discuss about this in their fairwell note, but the company doesn't seem to care about this. They just treat as an entity, use you for few years and people quit by burnout. During team meetings, all I see is zombies

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

PagerDuty Response

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. PagerDuty is a People First organization and although we have been in a hyper growth mode for a while, adding a significant number of personnel. We are now taking time to refine our priorities in order to drive the highest impact for the business. One example of this is our Engineering department has identified work streams based on employee feedback, to improve balance workloads, prioritization and alignment in order to enhance our overall employee satisfaction. We take your concerns seriously and we encourage you to meet with your HR Business Partner and/or your manager(s) to discuss so we can make sure your concerns are addressed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 313 Reviews
    </>Embed

PagerDuty Reviews FAQs

PagerDuty has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 340 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at PagerDuty to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PagerDuty employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PagerDuty. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

89% of PagerDuty employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PagerDuty 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with PagerDuty Job Seekers