PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.5
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance (flexible hours, can work from home, etc" (in 13 reviews)

• "Catered lunch every day and breakfast on Wednesday's" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing at rapid speeds, so sometimes you'll find yourself stuck or overwhelmed" (in 8 reviews)

• "We are experiencing huge growth and with that comes growing pains" (in 10 reviews)

"Gets High Growth Right!"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about this company. Every single day I get up, I'm so psyched to go to work here. For a company that's growing as rapidly as pagerduty, they sure don't seem to show it like other companies. Their internal processes and policies have been designed and refined to scale efficiently. Every thing from my my onboarding to now has been fantastic and our new Toronto office is one of the coolest offices I've ever worked in. I've been here a year almost and I know I definitely made the right decision to leave my old job, I love it here. I couldn't ask for a more vibrant & inclusive culture. Pagerduty truly is one of those places with triple A talent that strives for equality and diversity and doesn't just use it as a tag line to attract millennials. A very well run and progressive organization.

Cons

This place is a flutter with activity most days, can be a challenge sometimes to keep up.

Advice to Management

As for the direction and management, stay the course. Perks at Pagerduty are most impressive, but I think most companies have room for improvement here, including pagerduty.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A supportive, open, and growth oriented culture. Good work life balance. Great people to work with. Clear company goals and values. Being part of a growing and successful company.

Cons

As the company grows rapidly, processes need to keep up, but that is normal for a company at this stage and is progressing fine.

3. "Nice enough company"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Free lunches, friendly people, lots of technology and opportunity to explore new avenues of interest

Cons

Rapidly changing company that is no longer a startup. Becoming much more structured, which isn't terrible, but less ability to drive change as more of that is coming from the top now. In some cases want top notch technology, but won't put up the proper money. Great parties though!

Advice to Management

Wanna run with the big boys, gotta spend a bit more on the silly niceties.

"Get our of your Comfort Zone!"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

PagerDuty is awesome. I have worked in and out of tech companies for almost 20 years. In that time, I have never worked for a company that challenges employees to get out of their comfort zones both professionally and personally. We have great career opportunities and managers that care about your growth, Employee Resource Groups (I celebrated International Women's Day for the first time ever this year), yoga classes, a company band (in SF & Toronto), the list goes on and on. Not only that, but we now have a robust and generous Parental Leave Policy that allows employees to spend more time with family without taking a huge financial hit. I love that this company cares about us both on a personal and professional level.

Cons

Sure we're not perfect. We are experiencing huge growth and with that comes growing pains. But the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing. It's good to see a focus on Career and Manager Development for 2018. Iron the kinks out - let's get our backbone solid before we climb Everest so to speak.

"Key Account Executive"

Current Employee - Key Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Key Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, amazing product, amazing people, and great pay....free lunches are fire as well. Easily my fav sales job to date (I came from SFDC, and IBM).

Cons

Two lacking benefits (RRSP match, and mobile). You do get a $75 mobile credit, but it should just be covered fully. Past that, Operations (Finance and Business) have been outgrown process wise...this is a known issue, and PD Execs are actively fixing the issues.

Advice to Management

Nothing...keep doing what you're doing, the company is awesome

"True SaaS Gem"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Tremendous growth over the past few years, mission critical product with near zero customer churn, fun and inclusive environment.

Cons

Global challenges with so many employees in different timezones, processes can slow things down at times, a lot of travel (pro or con for different people).

Advice to Management

Continue hiring top quality senior leaders, improve process to allow for scaling company to the next milestone.

"No proper communication"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company with some potential to attract talented employees.
    Potential business model with some degree of proven success in US.

Cons

Poor communication to build trust.
    No reason given. Just decision made with no explanation.
    Not organized on defining requirements, or intentionally leaving to interpretation.

Advice to Management

Think about what you really need before any potential promotion or posting a job. Don’t rush on making decisions.

"Coordinator"

I worked at PagerDuty part-time

Pros

Lots of growth alright but cannot be more organize

Cons

Too many abs and flows and expect newbies to catch up to expectations.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to help out.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty (Less than a year)

Pros

PagerDuty is a really great place to work. The work itself is interesting and the company growth is exciting. The company culture is encouraging and supportive. I'm working with smart, dedicated people who are helpful and invested in my success. With PagerDuty I feel like I am part of a team that succeeds or fails together.

The culture embraces blameless retrospectives and focuses on accountability and constructive feedback. Senior management is incredibly transparent and approachable. The organization is supportive of my career goals and personal development. This is really the best place I've ever worked.

There's lots to do and things are never slow, but work-life balance is quite good and there's a conscious effort to avoid 'on-call heroes' and make sure everyone gets the downtime they need. On top of all that there's great benefits, a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch everyday, and lots of social activities inside and outside the office.

I'm far from a new grad and PagerDuty is hands-down the best place I've ever worked. I really love it here!

Cons

I can't really think of any that are specific to PagerDuty. There are some challenges that every high-growth company faces as it expands. PagerDuty is tackling those challenges really well and it's very exciting to be a part of that.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job--please keep it up!

10. "Fantastic learning opportunity, great people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Emphasizes learning and growth, and supports engineers in making it happen.
    - Blameless culture, from incident postmortems and beyond - the focus is on learning and preventing future problems, rather than pinning blame.
    - Organizational willingness to take calculated risks with new technology, whether it's infrastructure tech, programming languages, or libraries.
    - Engineering strives to appropriately balance moving quickly against technical risk.
    - Smart engineers who get things done.
    - No jerks allowed - being candid yet empathetic is a core value here.
    - DevOps culture - you build it, you deploy it and run it in production.

Cons

- Some services, libraries and tools are legacy and balancing paying down this tech debt with new feature work can be a challenge.
    - Focus shifted from engineering excellence to product/feature work to (occasionally) too great an extent. This seems to be shifting back somewhat, so hopefully a happy, sustainable middle ground is settled upon.

Advice to Management

Management by and large have done a fantastic job. Keep us moving in the direction we've been heading, but continue to strive for the right balance when it's important.