PagerDuty Reviews

Found 235 of over 259 reviews

4.3
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is what you make it but here it's better than most(in 23 reviews)

• "Good management who are always open to new ideas, catered lunch, great people with lots of enthusiasm, helpful mentorship(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is maturing and experiencing some growing pains as a result(in 15 reviews)

• "The company is growing quickly and we're far past the point of being able to know all the people and what they're working on(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

great place too work

Aug 26, 2021 - Information Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and stock options

Cons

Everything is good no downsides

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stressful and Toxic

Oct 1, 2021 - Engineering Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stock Options/RSUs in a growing technology company.

Cons

Angry and aggressive senior leadership.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

182 Comments

Tech

35.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=PagerDuty~704466
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

Supported to Grow!

Aug 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Genuine investment in personal and professional growth, owned by you but supported by managers - Care for employee Well-being goes beyond lip service. Regular surveys to check in and make improvements. - Embraces trying new things and taking on projects that interest you!

Cons

Some growing pains from rapid growth

PagerDuty Response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience working at PagerDuty! Please feel welcome to elaborate on any of your feedback with your manager or HRBP. We highly value employee feedback and are so happy to hear you feel supported in your role.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Some growing pains but a good place to work.

Aug 12, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is doing interesting work building on an already successful platform and modernizing at a good pace. Everyone is very friendly even cross-department and they’re mindful of inclusivity and equality.

Cons

There’s more work than there are people to do it. Architectural principles seem to have been neglected for some time, though they’re now working to improve the situation. Most training and workshops are hoarded for a once yearly internal conference. They’ve also completely changed the promotion evaluation process so growth opportunities seem less attainable and personal priorities toward them unclear.

PagerDuty Response

Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear that you’re enjoying PagerDuty’s friendly and inclusive environment. As a high growth company, we are very much invested in retaining and growing our employees as we scale to meet our ambitious goals. We recently revamped our promotion process based on feedback from employees, that being said we are always open to feedback so please share it with your manager. We value your contributions and want to ensure that all Dutonians have opportunities for career growth and mobility within PagerDuty. Thank you again for your review, we encourage you to also share feedback with your manager or HRBP.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Accountability for programing

May 13, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The commission structure across levels can be quite lucrative. - Great benefits - Market leading product - Supporting colleagues and a great culture

Cons

There is very little accountability on leadership for the programs being run in the sales org. Individual contributors are the only ones held accountable while many of the programs to support us drop the ball. This is made evident by the overwhelming level of churn that the sales org has experienced. Over the last year we've lost more talent than usual. The most notable example is the BDR org, who recently lost all their tenured members.

5 people found this review helpful

PagerDuty Response

Thank you for your review. As a rapidly growing company, we are continuously improving upon how we work, and strive to always communicate clear expectations and accountability. Specifically within the Sales organization, we are working on new programs to ensure individuals and teams are set up for success. We value your input and encourage you to reach out to your manager and your HRBP to further discuss your feedback. Thank you!

7. 3.0

Meh

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product itself has lots of potential and it's a great product overall. Good benefits and additional days off to focus on mental health and downtime.

Cons

Upper management however is a different case.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Company

May 17, 2021 - Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive organization, great engineering talent

Cons

Uninspired Product team, Some difficult personalities

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Mar 11, 2021 - BDR Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning opportunity for anyone seeking technical experience

Cons

Career trajectory needs work to retain talent

10. 5.0

Great Software Engineering culture

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

A strong technical reputation, interesting architecture and opportunity to learn a lot. Individual contributors are empathetic and talented. There’s a very strong culture of operating what you build on production. Jen is an amazing CEO and role model to all. Some of the technical stuff we're building on top of we take for granted but are pretty amazing. You'll be oncall for what you build and work on interesting scaling challenges. Engineering leadership at all levels respond to feedback with decisive action. They make sure there's a team who owns each problem, and generally do a good job making tough calls about hiring and firing.

Cons

We had distributed engineering teams in mostly two cities before the pandemic, but adapting to fully remote has been hard. We have microservices and a drive for autonomous well-formed teams but it's more tangled than anyone would like. We sometimes have a bias for inaction via committees and councils. This is improving (see managers respond to feedback). We're working on diversity at the senior engineering level.

11. 3.0
      Current Employee

Truly inclusive employer that lives it's values

Mar 11, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

truly inclusive ambitious in it's goals growing market leader

Cons

ad hoc not always successful in being transparent slow decision making

Talent Operations

Thank you for your review! We are focused on creating an inclusive environment in line with our PagerDuty values so that is great feedback. As we scale, we are reviewing and revamping processes we may have outgrown. To your point, this fiscal year, we are encouraging quick decision making and a bias towards action to free up time and deliver outstanding customer outcomes. Please feel free to reach out to us at recruiting-ops@pagerduty.com, or your HRBP. We value your input and would love to hear how we could do better!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 235 Reviews