Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON) in February-2017.

Interview

Solid Interview, with good questions asked and the interviewers were really nice. They gave a good description of what Manulife is really about and also made me excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

22 Mar, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear that’s what you received.

Group Plan Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife in March-2016.

Interview

1 semaine pr avoir le Telephone interview puis la semaine apres l entretien devant hiring manger et le TL. Interview accés sur la revision du background et mise en situation surtout pour tester vos aptitudes de vendeur.

Middle Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Montreal, QC) in April-2014.

Interview

entretien passé dans 2 semaine question demande sur mon cv mes experience passé a montreal avec deux personne de RH et manager avec des question pourquoi tu nous chosir

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

Good, friendly interviewer, more of a conversation than an interrogation. We went fairly in-depth on digital marketing and the different aspects of digital marketing relating to the job. The interview was held at the main office in downtown Toronto.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have with Digital marketing and Marketo?   Answer Question

8 Dec, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to know you had a positive experience.

Investment Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

Heard about the position through a friend of a friend that worked at Manulife. Reached out to him via email and we scheduled an interview. HR reached out to me to confirm the interview and had me apply to the position through their site. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. I first met with a manager then i met with the director of investment operations. Questions were relevant and to the point. The next day HR reached out to me and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• No HR standardized questions. All questions were detailed/specific and related to my current position and how those skills would translate to this position.   Answer Question

16 May, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing a review of your interview. We are constantly striving to improve and optimize the candidate experience and feedback from candidates can only help us deliver on this commitment.

Interview

The interview was decent, talked about past experiences and went through a few behavioral based Q. Be sure to know both math and CS as interviewers would like to know the project you have worked on. Maybe a few questions along the line too.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in October-2015.

Interview

2 round interviews. on campus including two 45 mins meetings. On site interview in 1 week later. On site interview hold lunch and another three 45 mins interviews with managers from 3 different teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous intern experience.
      Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Head of Asia Region Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

The interview process was handled extremely unprofessionally by the CMO and others as they violated their own process by interviewing a candidate that was forbidden to be interviewer by their recruiter and did not tell their retained recruiter while the recruiter continued to tell me that I was the lead candidate. Honesty is always the best policy and there was no transparency in the process which resulted in months and months of wasted time. This process was unprofessional and unethical and therefore I would be very careful in considering any opportunities with Manulife but especially their Asia HK division.

Interview Questions

• In addition, there were illegal interview questions about Marital and Familial status asked on the interview. The process demonstrated that they clearly did not know how to hire their analytics executives. They applied a behavior interview process without asking any competency based questions. In addition for an international hire they did no in person interviewing making it impossible to gauge the culture in the market where I would be working. Overall I would say Stay away from Manulife!   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife in June-2015.

Interview

There were three behavioral type interviews spanned over six weeks with increasingly senior people. It started with the human resources lead followed by hiring manager followed by hiring manager peer. Overall quite positive experience with very easy discussions and very little technical questions. It was a pleasant process with very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there are competing priorities and a teammate is not pulling their weight   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

HR interviewed me through phone call. HR asked me to introduce the basic information of my resume and asked some behavioral questions. the questions were not difficult, it took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• why you think you fit this position and what is your strength. why you choose manulife.   Answer Question

Client Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

It was a one day interview in which I spoke with 3 people. The questions were typical for a client-facing role; working to understand my personality and how I would represent the company while speaking to clients. I've been in similar roles so I understood what they were trying to assess. I was able to give them what they wanted to hear.