Index Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Index Exchange

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Index Exchange's interview process is one of the better I've seen. Everyone I dealt with was welcoming and they kept me in the loop and moved me through quickly. The recruitment team got in touch with us before the next step to let us know what to expect and ask questions which ended up being helpful since I would be interviewing with my manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• - what is the most challenging thing you have had to design a solution for?
      - what have you built that is actually in production and what is the scope of the audience?
      - what is your mentorship style for more junior developers?
      - have you worked in an Agile environment before?   Answer Question

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Casual interview process; everyone was very nice. Overall, the process took about 3-4 weeks. Overall, I was very please with the company and the welcoming culture!

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Index Exchange in March 2019.

Interview

The recruiter called, asked two questions, and concluded the call in 9 minutes. She didn't spend any time discussing/selling the culture or opportunity at hand. It created a negative candidate experience. As a manager, I wouldn't ever conclude a call immediately . I'd challenge myself to really listen, draw parallels, and truly allow sufficient time to engage before jumping to an immediate decision. It's not always about what we can get from the candidates, but about what we can offer as a two way interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange in August 2018.

Interview

The initial screening interview was great -- the HR representative I spoke with was attentive, engaged, and very friendly. We spoke for an hour about the position, my background and interests, and whether there was a mutual fit. I was excited for the role.

My follow up interview was awful. I spoke with a program director who was disinterested and on the move (either walking or in the car) for the call, and pretty obviously distracted. At one point, he accidentally hung up on me while I was speaking, then called back and hurriedly told me to "go for it" RE: continuing what I was saying without any indication as to the last thing he heard me say. The person was also generally combative throughout and would interrupt my answers to his questions. A sharp contrast from the previous interview.

Coincidentally, one of the projects mentioned as a priority for this role was to improve the hiring and onboarding processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process when presented with a new project.   Answer Question

Index Exchange Response

Oct. 1, 2018 – Technical Recruiter

Hello,

Thanks so much for your feedback. While I am happy to hear the first part of your interview was positive, I was disappointed to see that the experience was not consistent throughout. We... More

Human Resources Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Poor recruiter experience. I completed an application online. I heard from the recruiter for the role the next day and we set up a time to talk via phone the next week. The recruiter cancels last minute and asks to reschedule. No big deal, however, when we actually do speak, she was rather quick and curt. She didn't ask many questions, and I didn't get to explain my work experience in detail as she was quick to get off the phone. When I asked her more about the role, she had a very vague answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience managing timelines and deliverables?   Answer Question

Programmatic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a response to my application and then had a phone call with a recruiter. I then had a couple additional in-person rounds to meet the team. The recruiter was wonderful and always responsive, which I unfortunately cannot say for many other places I've interviewed with in the past. I was never in a position where I had to pester her to get back to me, and I felt as though my time was being valued.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any questions that were abnormally difficult. Aside from questions regarding experience and skills, they also put a strong focus on cultural fit.   Answer Question

IT Support/Network Support Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Filled out application online and received an email a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. Emailed recruiter my availability but didn't hear back for a few days until I reached out again. Scheduled call with recruiter and was asked basic questions about my background and provided more details about the company. Unfortunately, the process ended there as their salary offerings were low and I didn't hear back from the recruiter even though she was going to discuss my background and pay requirements with the hiring manager and get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume and describe your role with each company with detail.   Answer Question

Director, Buyer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was reached out by the team via LinkedIn. The initial calls were informal and informative. I met with the team in New York and over video chat. Everyone was very welcoming and gave a strong background of their role at the company.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange.

Interview

Phone interview with HR went well. She was really nice and responds quickly.

Next step was interview with one of the managers in New York and It went well.

But heres where the trouble happened. I didn't hear back for like about 10 days but they invited me for an interview. Upon to agreeing with the interview, they cancel 2 days before the interview. HR kindly asked for reschedule, I agree and a week later, I received a E-mail that she would get back to me in a few days.

Few days go by and I received a generic no-reply letter "While we appreciate your interest in our organization and the role, we've decided to move forward with other candidates whose experience and skillset are more closely aligned with the expectations and requirements for this role."

Terrible experince to say the least. No need to play cat and mouse and just be straight forward with your candidates. We have better things to do than be pawns.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. A few days later, they sent me an email already with the date and time for a phone interview and things I should prepare for. The interview went well, although I was a bit eerie and cold: the interviewer went straight to a checklist format of questions, one after the other: what is this, what is that, have you hear of this, define that, etc. Felt like a high school exam with fill-in-the-blanks kind of questions. Anyways, I was invited to an onsite. I went there and I had to wait almost 1h. I was already regretting for going and I had serious thoughts of simply leaving without saying anything after I had been waiting so long without anybody giving a damn about me. I stayed however, because I had already wasted 45 min to get to their office and 1h in the waiting room. So I said what the hell, let's stay till the end. Finally the onsite started and it wasn't that bad: the guy went me through all kinds of subjects: DB, algorithms, networking and application layer protocols, concurrency etc. After 2 months I still haven't received any answer from them. At least something along the lines: "we're sorry.." would have been not only nice, but common sense.

Interview Questions

• All kinds of subjects: DB, algorithms, networking and application layer protocols, concurrency etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.