Index Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Index Exchange

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Index Exchange's interview process is one of the better I've seen. Everyone I dealt with was welcoming and they kept me in the loop and moved me through quickly. The recruitment team got in touch with us before the next step to let us know what to expect and ask questions which ended up being helpful since I would be interviewing with my manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• - what is the most challenging thing you have had to design a solution for?
      - what have you built that is actually in production and what is the scope of the audience?
      - what is your mentorship style for more junior developers?
      - have you worked in an Agile environment before?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange.

Interview

Unprofessional and Inappropriate Interview

The problem was in the in-person final round, when the hiring manager and the direct reports came in for a surprise, cultural fit round. However, it quickly became very unprofessional. Questions ranged from mild but bizarre, such as "What ice cream flavor would you be? And pressing further, would you have chunks of fruit in it?" to inappropriate, such as "What is your guilty pleasure" and "What gets your heart racing?"

At the beginning, everything went smoothly: phone screen, two 30-minute interviews: one in-person and one remote, and a take-home assignment. I received enthusiastic feedback and got the sense that I had the right skills for the job.

The entire final round was scheduled for two hours, and I got a sense that I was a bit overqualified for the role. The hiring manager kept asking me what I wanted from this role, told me that the last person quit after a few months, and it was evident that he/she was extremely insecure about filling this position.

Combined with the low self-esteem of the hiring manager and the unorthodox nature of the questions, my advice if you are applying for this role is to calmly decline as soon as you can.

Interview Questions

• If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be? If you were a superhero, which one would you be?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange.

Interview

Phone interview with HR went well. She was really nice and responds quickly.

Next step was interview with one of the managers in New York and It went well.

But heres where the trouble happened. I didn't hear back for like about 10 days but they invited me for an interview. Upon to agreeing with the interview, they cancel 2 days before the interview. HR kindly asked for reschedule, I agree and a week later, I received a E-mail that she would get back to me in a few days.

Few days go by and I received a generic no-reply letter "While we appreciate your interest in our organization and the role, we've decided to move forward with other candidates whose experience and skillset are more closely aligned with the expectations and requirements for this role."

Terrible experince to say the least. No need to play cat and mouse and just be straight forward with your candidates. We have better things to do than be pawns.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Index Exchange in March 2019.

Interview

The recruiter called, asked two questions, and concluded the call in 9 minutes. She didn't spend any time discussing/selling the culture or opportunity at hand. It created a negative candidate experience. As a manager, I wouldn't ever conclude a call immediately . I'd challenge myself to really listen, draw parallels, and truly allow sufficient time to engage before jumping to an immediate decision. It's not always about what we can get from the candidates, but about what we can offer as a two way interview.

Human Resources Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Poor recruiter experience. I completed an application online. I heard from the recruiter for the role the next day and we set up a time to talk via phone the next week. The recruiter cancels last minute and asks to reschedule. No big deal, however, when we actually do speak, she was rather quick and curt. She didn't ask many questions, and I didn't get to explain my work experience in detail as she was quick to get off the phone. When I asked her more about the role, she had a very vague answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience managing timelines and deliverables?   Answer Question

Director, Buyer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was reached out by the team via LinkedIn. The initial calls were informal and informative. I met with the team in New York and over video chat. Everyone was very welcoming and gave a strong background of their role at the company.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange in August 2018.

Interview

The initial screening interview was great -- the HR representative I spoke with was attentive, engaged, and very friendly. We spoke for an hour about the position, my background and interests, and whether there was a mutual fit. I was excited for the role.

My follow up interview was awful. I spoke with a program director who was disinterested and on the move (either walking or in the car) for the call, and pretty obviously distracted. At one point, he accidentally hung up on me while I was speaking, then called back and hurriedly told me to "go for it" RE: continuing what I was saying without any indication as to the last thing he heard me say. The person was also generally combative throughout and would interrupt my answers to his questions. A sharp contrast from the previous interview.

Coincidentally, one of the projects mentioned as a priority for this role was to improve the hiring and onboarding processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process when presented with a new project.   Answer Question

Index Exchange Response

Oct. 1, 2018 – Technical Recruiter

Hello,

Thanks so much for your feedback. While I am happy to hear the first part of your interview was positive, I was disappointed to see that the experience was not consistent throughout. We expect that anyone representing IX in the interview process is attentive, excited and gives you their undivided attention.

I am more than happy to sit down with the Hiring Team on this particular role and reiterate those expectations in addition to sitting down with my team to ensure we're scheduling interviews during times that lend themselves best to open, engaged conversations about opportunities here. I certainly hope you’ll keep us in mind for future openings and can promise an improved experienced if we are ever lucky enough to consider you for a role here again.

- Aaron de Wit

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Casual interview process; everyone was very nice. Overall, the process took about 3-4 weeks. Overall, I was very please with the company and the welcoming culture!

IT Support/Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Index Exchange (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online and received an email a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. Emailed recruiter my availability but didn't hear back for a few days until I reached out again. Scheduled call with recruiter and was asked basic questions about my background and provided more details about the company. Unfortunately, the process ended there as their salary offerings were low and I didn't hear back from the recruiter even though she was going to discuss my background and pay requirements with the hiring manager and get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume and describe your role with each company with detail.   Answer Question

Programmatic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

Interview

I received a response to my application and then had a phone call with a recruiter. I then had a couple additional in-person rounds to meet the team. The recruiter was wonderful and always responsive, which I unfortunately cannot say for many other places I've interviewed with in the past. I was never in a position where I had to pester her to get back to me, and I felt as though my time was being valued.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any questions that were abnormally difficult. Aside from questions regarding experience and skills, they also put a strong focus on cultural fit.   Answer Question

Country Manager Interview

Interview

Telephone call with their internal recruiter, mostly asked questions on my previous experiences. Not much tactical/business information provided, I was told I would have discussed that over the second stage (which would have been scheduled with regional director).
    No further feedback (neither a rejection email despite being told “I will put you through for a second stage”).
    Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.