Harris Computer Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Harris Computer

2.5

Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Computer (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

HR/recruiter interview, personality test, manager interview, culture interview, in person interview, final interview, offer letter. Process took about a month, but everyone I met was fantastic and they did a good job of not asking the same questions over and over again. Seems like a great company to work for and that they take good care of their people. Everyone who I spoke to seemed to actually enjoy the company (rather than giving me dead eyes like Office Space), and with the compensation and benefits package, I understand why.

Interview Questions

• explanation of my previous roles, going over my resume and skills, why do you want to work for us, what are some accomplishments I was proud of in my previous roles, hard lessons I learned from, etc. Overall great questions, helped me get to know them as much as vice versa   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Computer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Vancouver, BC) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted application line. Contacted a week+ later with a phone screening interview. Scheduled two weeks later to meet with one of the managers. Discussion was fairly loose and casual, while remaining on topic of the industry, role, expectations, and performance challenges.

Was told would be contacted within the following week if there was to be a follow up; or no contact if there was to be no follow up. A month+ later, no follow up. This was my first impression of the supply chain, product development, and customer relationship models. A work-life balance was not indicated throughout this discussion. Overtime has been indicated by other feedback on GD, and implied during the interview discussion. The impression is that overtime for salary positions will go unpaid, whereas the customer is still charged for the hours provided (a question that warrants further follow up).

The website is quite attractive, giving the impression of several target segments matched with products to serve unique customer/personas; the discussion explored that there is really only one product, that is then delivered through labour intensive (non scalable) methods by the team members to meet the customer's unique needs.

Questions around scheduling, resource allocation, customer relationship management, and product development left me with even more questions than I started with. Wages seem reasonable considering the industry, if travel wasn't considered, and particularly since contracts are paid in US dollars. Otherwise, the wages are a bit low. Turnover seems common in this company, and was discussed briefly (by inference) during the interview; reviewing other comments on GD was helpful towards understanding this business' value proposition to employees and customers. A specific demographic may be targeted for these roles.

The timetable for delivering each project seems a bit long (24mo) but may make sense due to the non-COTS characteristics of the software model.

Overall, seems like a really nice group. Will be interesting to see the business model in a few years and evaluate for scalability, market segmentation, product diversification, process re-engineering, and supply chain alignment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.