FreshBooks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

FreshBooks Interview Questions

Interviews at FreshBooks

2.8

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks.

Interview

I found the entire process to be disorganized and disrespectful of my time. I applied online and reached out to the HR rep to further show interest. She mentioned I will hear back on a certain day but I didn't. I totally understood that as I know how slow recruitment processes can be.

Two weeks later, I get an email for a phone interview. I prepare for it and on the day of the call, HR calls me almost 30 minutes late. At that point, I thought the interview wasn't happening but then she called and to my surprise, there was no explanation for the lateness - just carried on as if nothing happened. I managed to continue with my interview because I thought well maybe something happened but still had that uneasy feeling of not wanting to work with a company that has zero value for candidates' time.

I was surprised, to say the least, and it was just a pointer that my time was not valued enough. Two weeks later, I get a generic rejection email.

Very disappointed in FreshBooks and unfortunately, these negative reviews are a reality. I'll take my talents to a company where it will be appreciated.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

It was boring 2 steps, one was a behavioural one with the team and the next one with hiring manager. This is a company that likes to waste candidates time. They have been looking to fill this position for well over a year. And I was rejected because I didn't answer behavioural questions, seriously is that the primary requirement for Data engineers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural interview questions, what was the toughest challenge, blah blah blah   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in April 2020.

Interview

Overall the interview process was enjoyable. Even though there were several steps, we moved quickly.

I did an initial 30 minute phone screen with the TA. The TA team at FreshBooks is great, they asked excellent questions about experience and were transparent about the type of compensation they were offering. Next was a standard interview with the hiring manager going over behavioural and situational questions.

The most difficult portion is the sales presentation with the manager and a staff member - if you come well prepared and know how to quantify pain points, you will do well. The final two interviews were with a VP and a Co-Founder- they were more conversational and focused on personality, goals, and culture.

Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Probably the most disorganized and unprofessional HR person I have ever came in contact with. It’s been a month of trying to set up a simple phone interview.

Originally got a phone call out of the blue and was unable to talk as I was in an appointment, was told I will hear back from her later on. Waited around and nothing. Emailed her to notify I was still very interested in the position and no reply.

I was ghosted for 2 weeks. Then I get an email asking for my availability that week for a phone call. Entered my availability and it was open, didn’t get a response. I literally waited around for 2 whole days and didn’t receive a call.

This following week I receive an email stating she is available on a certain day and time. I let her know I am busy at that time and can chat an hour later, never heard anything back and I am very fast at replying. That day she calls me at the time I said I was not available...I get an email saying she just noticed my email reply now and will call me later. STILL NOTHING.

I am literally so disinterested in working here now, their process is embarrassing. Especially for someone stating they have been working in HR for years. I really hope that this isn’t a reflection of what the rest of the people in the company are like. It is also disheartening for the fact that I am actively seeking employment and waiting around for a month to get one phone call is waste of time.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

One of the best conducted interview processes in the GTA. Very adjusting and thoughtful of candidate availability. I was contacted by the recruiter through Linkedin and then had our first phone screen. I was invited to the office for 3 rounds of interviews with various members of the team.

The recruiter was very prompt in letting me know how my interview went and what the next steps are. The process took over a month from the first call to offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, and as part of the application process, had to answer 4 customer scenario questions. I received a phone call from HR a few days later trying to arrange a phone call. Unfortunately, I wasn't available when she called. I returned the phone call multiple times and different days and couldn't get through. Her voicemail message she left me was generic and didn't even say my name... It didn't feel personalized.
    No email was ever sent pre or post her phone call, so communicating with her was IMPOSSIBLE. How can a professional HR person not send an email to set up a phone call in this day in age? About a month later, I received an email from the same HR girl, telling me to fill out a calendar to still arrange a phone call. She never called me for the time I picked. I understand last minute commitments may have arisen on her end, but she never even got back to me to apologize and rearrange the phone call. If this HR person is working from home, it might be time to return to the office and regain focus. If I'm wrong, then Freshbooks has a bigger issue on their hands related to this person's time management and organizational skills.

Considering this job position is customer service focused, how does this experience leave a good taste in my mouth if the company doesn't even employ proper customer service standards for prospective job candidates? Hopefully, upper management at Freshbooks sees these reviews and changes culture related to reaching out to candidates.

Interview Questions

• A customer says their invoices are being sent to the junk mailbox of their client, how do you help them.   Answer Question

Sales Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and streamlined. The HR rep handling my application was very helpful, quick to respond and help.
    I had an initial call with HR, and then a meeting with the hiring manager. After that we ran through two sales role plays, and then I had a meeting with a co-founder.
    Everyone was very pleasant and welcoming!

Interview Questions

• Describe someone who you worked really well with.
      What are you going to bring to the culture here?
      How many calls were you expected to make per day in your previous roles?
      How do you deal with failure?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FreshBooks.

Interview

Simple Typical HR questions
    Questions on the current employer s systems and focus
    Interview panel Didn't focus on questions to know how the candidate will be useful to the growth of the organization on long term, analytical, logical, out of box and broader experienced perspective

Support Rockstar Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks.

Interview

The interview process was calm and smooth. They were patient and kind enough to go through the details and process with me. Their team is good and looking for people who can make an impact while working there.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

FUN! It was 1 hr 30 mins long but the environment was very light and time went by fairly quickly. I have 3 people interview me. Make jokes keep it light. Normal to be nervous but they don't look at resumes so be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Is the customer always right   1 Answer
    • Describe a reliable co-worker? Would you co-worker describe you this way?   1 Answer
    • What does an exciting day at work look like for you?   Answer Question
    • What would a bad day at work be?   1 Answer
    • What is error 404? How can you fix it?   1 Answer
    • What do you do if the PC is showing white screen?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if the browser is showing a white screen?   Answer Question
    • You walk into a room and notice the lamp isnt working. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • As your manager in a few months what positive feedback would I give you? What weakness will I talk to you about? 2 things for each.   Answer Question
    • Why us?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you failed at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • When did you go last go above and beyond for a coworker   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenging time.   1 Answer
    • An email you sent with an attachment wasn't recieved to the sender. What can you do on your end?   Answer Question
    • Role play: pretend it's a live phone call. They provide you with a laptop.

Provide step by step on how to create an expense or invoice.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.