FreshBooks Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 177 of over 177 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

FreshBooks

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

I applied and got a response from a recruiter about a week later. We set up a time for a phone screen and it felt a bit rushed. The recruiter arrived to the meeting a bit late and seemed overwhelmed. They ended the meeting early after I confirmed I have a core skill they were looking for for the position and told me I’d move on to the next round with the hiring manager. The meeting with the hiring manager went well from my perspective. We went over my work and my experience. Super easy and I genuinely enjoyed the conversation. However, again, rushed interview. While it was a normal amount of time for an interview, the hiring manager kept pressing about the time. I understand that recruiters and hiring managers have a lot on their plates and they have other interviews, but it should’ve been a red flag from the start that they were rushing just to get it over with. If that’s the case, at least don’t make it so obvious. The hiring manager told me I should hear back from the recruiter within a specified timeframe. At the end of that timeframe, I sent a follow up to the recruiter to stay in the loop, but I never heard back. I followed up again a week later and I still didn’t hear back. The only way I found out I didn’t get the position was through snooping around on LinkedIn. No generic email or anything. I’m not upset that I didn’t get the position because there are many more opportunities out there. I’m upset because it really felt like I was disregarded as a professional. I really wanted to be a part of the Freshbooks team at the beginning of the interview process, but if their company culture involves lack of communication and consideration, they did me a favor.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in this field?
    Answer Question

FreshBooks

Application

I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

Extremely unprofessional interview. The hiring manager joined late, was unable to answer basic information about the company, and had an attitude that they simply didn't care . It was less of an interview and more of an exercise on how to keep engaging with an uninterested 3rd-party. At the end, the hiring manager exited the interview without any warning. Overall, it gave clear insight in how the rest of the company would operate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

FreshBooks

Application

I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

i had a talk with HR where i learned a bit about company and position. After that there was a coding task with engineers and a call with techinical manager. After those calls, I get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tehre was a task to make a parking lot

FreshBooks

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FreshBooks in Nov 2021

Interview

Entered the meeting 5 mins late and then proceeded to throw questions immediately without introducing herself. Was also rude thorough out the entire call . I definitely would not recommend for anyone.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

FreshBooks

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

Wow. Where to begin. The recruiter reach out to me for my interest. I happily accepted. I'd been a fan of Freshbooks and a customer for 10 years. I've loved their design and the opportunity to help them grow in the marketplace was something I jumped on. The phone screen was pleasant. Recruiter for the most part seemed to be asking standardized question and reading from a pitch script. Hiring manager interview was cordial and inquired about my experience (of which is extensive and accomplished). They were a bit unclear about why they were looking for a principle designer but I figured I'd discover more in further rounds. Nothing in the interview was uncomfortable or abrasive to note. A couple weeks went by and no contact. I reached out to the recruiter for a status update and received an automatic rejection response. Now I'm ok with rejection, and an incorrect fit is no big deal. But inside the rejection letter was copy and pasted text from one of their interviewers notes which basically called me [unhinged, aggressive and they seriously could "imagine a scenario where I would yell at someone"]. In 20 years I've never yelled at someone in the office and while we all have difficult days, even on those days I've kept my patience, professionalism and had fruitful relationships. For whatever reason this interviewer decided that within a 45 minute time period they had discovered the future scenario where this doesn't happen and the need to reject all future discovery from it. OK. Besides the issue I have with evaluating based on imagined scenarios I understand expressing concerns in private. But for some reason the recruiter believed it would somehow be helpful and necessary to pass this information to me verbatim, not in person, but in an automatic rejection letter so that I can "apply to alternative jobs there in the future". LOL so I reached out to the recruiter asking him if insulting candidates and customers was his idea of a good candidate experience. Ten minutes later I get an email back apologizing for the content, they could see where I was coming from and asking if I could get on a call to iron out any concerns. The next day I received an email from the head of HR apologizing profusely about the nature of the experience and requesting a zoom call to express how they will address the issue. So, here's my answer... Thank you anyway but I'll take my current billings and 10 years worth of loyalty off to your competition. I wouldn't ever want to on the team so unprofessional nor be a continued customer as I don't have much hope for a future superior experience given the behavior of those building it. In the future you might want to select interviewers that are more discerning about how candidates are assessed and as a recruitment team how that feedback is communicated.

Interview Questions
  • Don't bother there was nothing to note. Process, experience, show us a project. Pretty much anything you can get off googling UX designer interview questions.

FreshBooks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks in Nov 2021

Interview

It was very quick! I was interviewing with multiple companies at the time and still working full time at my previous employer. I appreciated the transparency throughout the process and quickness of their communication. Made the process much smoother than typical interviewing processes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you got feedback that lead to many changes and how did you handle it? How do you stay up to date on design trends? What made you become a designer? And a fun one: Did you dress up for halloween this year?

FreshBooks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

One of the least professional ones I've been through in the fintech space (and beyond actually). Recruiter was not knowledgeable about the space, leading to an awkward exchange about my company and experience. Questions asked were very vague. Appeared to be in a rush to disconnect. No follow up after the call. Overall just very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Vancouver, BC) in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied online and answered a bunch of questions and went through two interviews. The first one was for 45 minutes and the second one for 1.5 hours. After analyzing the whole process, I realized that there were too many red flags and I should have hung up on the two interviewers who asked me to give them a TedTalk like speech for 2 minutes. If you expect me to talk like a tedtalker who memorize their speeches, you better pay me like one too but I am sure you cannot afford that. Also, they did a mock call after that tedtalk question and they did a "trrrrring trrrrrring" sound like there is a phone ringing and I had to answer it....I am not joking! And, they also said, that they have not looked at my resume or anything and that I need to explain myself to them. This was the first thing they said. Nice! I actually sent them a thank you letter after first and the second interview because I am a google trained customer support rep. When I received the rejection email, it said, "Thank you for your patience. We have decided to not go forward with your candidacy." And oh, they made me wait two days to get the email from a no-reply email address at exactly 5pm Toronto time. Exactly 5pm folks, 5:00. I am so thrilled that I was not offered because I would have made a big mistake and would have lost a lot of energy and eventually quite. Everything works together for your good.

Interview Questions
  • How would you find a needle in a haystack?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied online and got a call for interview. Very well organized interview with three rounds: Screen interview with Talent Acquisition Partner Situational/ Behavioural interview with hiring leader and team member Take home case interview which was presented to hiring leader and team

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FreshBooks

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks in Oct 2021

Interview

Best interview experience since starting my career. Recruiter was very helpful and easy to talk with. Every person I interviewed with was accepting and interested in productive conversation. Also, each interview meeting didnt feel like an interview but more like a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Past experiences dialogue about using marketing platforms
Viewing 1 - 10 of 177 Interviews