FreshBooks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Support Rockstar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

A phone interview to touch base followed by two 2 hour interviews at Freshbooks. After that met one of the founders to touch base and then was notified.

Great and friendly group of people. All very unique and helpful. Very cool office!

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you provided exceptional customer service? What does a 404:error mean? Why do you want to work at Freshbooks? What are your weaknesses? Do you like pineapple on pizza?   Answer Question

1 Feb, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Helpful, friendly, unique...that’s us! We’re so fortunate to have been referred to you; welcome to Freshbooks!

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in December-2014.

Interview

An employee from the FreshBooks HR Department contacted me with a request for a phone Interview. There was no initiation of contact on my part, as I was currently employed and quite happy with my position and employer. However, I must admit I was curious about FreshBooks. A standard 30 minute HR interview was conducted over the phone the very next day. It was pleasant enough and ended with a promise to contact me in several days to set up a more technical interview. Several weeks later I received an email form the same person apologizing profusely about the delay and another promise that a technical interview would indeed be set up in several days. That was the last time I heard from FreshBooks. I didn't bother contacting them back because quite frankly I was no longer interested. To initiate contact with me and then give me the run around is very unprofessional not to mention just plain rude. Clearly they do not value my time and there is absolutely no element of respect on their part. If this is any indication of how they treat their employees I'm pretty sure I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What kind of technologies are you exposed to in your current position.   1 Answer

Software Development Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in December-2015.

Interview

Structure was fairly standard, with a managerial/cultural section at the start followed by a technical section. My only negative comment about the technical section was that there was a sense of disbelief when I presented an alternative view when asked about particular topics, although there was no alternative viewpoint provided from their side which would have been useful. My main criticism was in the managerial and cultural questions where some of the panel would constantly question my examples as if I were lying, or to press for further information then berate me on that information. So the format and content of the interview was good but the way it was conducted left a sour taste compared to other expanding tech companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Recruiter called me and made an appointment for an interview. On the interview I was asked simple questions but one person continued to ask very general questions(I mean veeeery general) so I told her I could not understand the question. They already understood I had an accent and she assumed I could not comprehend the english words - another guy tried to paraphrase the sentence. Really??
    They laughed at me while I was depicting the answer to their question on the board. Well something funny, I thought, that's cool - they are relaxed and friendly. Then they asked about the books I've read lately.
    I answered. Then I understood they were really laughing at me when again she distorted my wording like I couldn't speak english - very nice from her side. Moreover she even didn't know the book I mentioned, though it is bestseller, and needed confirmation from her co-worker about the book - that the book really existed. Again... Really?
    So the main points I was rejected for - my english and my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation to work here? Guys, I'm too old to answer that kind of questions. You should also ask "where do you see yourself in 5 years" to destroy the interviewee completely.   Answer Question
    • "How activerecord works?"   1 Answer

26 Apr, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for submitting a review – we understand that you did not have a good experience interviewing with us, and we definitely don’t want that for any of our candidates. We can assure you that... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Talked to developers and had a pair programming (good idea) session with a senior developer. They didn't ask anything really difficult, and it seems to be more of a culture fit workplace. Everyone was nice, but their office is extremely noisy and crowded.

Interview Questions

• I believe they asked if I'd worked with software as a service.   Answer Question

Biz Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The process was super efficient. The full cycle took about a month. Very courteous, to the point, providing updates and next steps at appropriate time. This depends from role to role, but after the initial interview with the HR person, you get to speak to the hiring manager, then (if all goes well) with potential co-workers and (if that goes well) you get to do a case study.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to do a case study   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in July-2012.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. Received a call from FreshBooks recruiter the next day and scheduled a phone interview with their sales lead.

I passed their phone interview and was invited for a in person interview with 2 other members of the sales team. Before the interview I got a tour of FreshBooks office. Modern open concept office and very bike friendly workplace. Great corporate culture and friendly staff.

The interview took a hour and half and I was told there will be about 4 to 5 interviews because they want to make sure you are a right fit for the organization. The first interview consisted formal and informal question. They really want to get to know who you are besides work and one part of the interview you got to speak to one of the sales staff about their experience. Tip - Remember to have a joke handy and make sure it's a safe joke too.

Unfortunately, I did not make it further in the recruitment process.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks in November-2017.

Interview

The recruitment team was so helpful during the entire process. During the initial call, she took the time to get to know me and learn more about what I was looking for and if it might be a fit with the available role. She was very prompt and helpful answering questions and scheduling interviews as the process continued. Everyone I dealt with during the interview process was extremely friendly and welcoming. It definitely impacted my decision to accept the role vs opportunities at other companies.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a case study and present to a panel of interviewers to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.   Answer Question

9 Mar, 2018 – HR Generalist

We believe in executing extraordinary experiences every day and it’s great to read that the performance of our Recruitment impacted your decision to join us. Thank you for sharing!

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I thought it was very re-fresh-ing (pun intended). I got a tour of the offices, which was a cool hipster Google-esque loft sort of open office space. Through the series of 1-on-1 interviews over two days, I felt I could be myself and just get to know each other, the company and the role

Interview Questions

• A series of mostly informal questions to test the depth of my technical and communication skills   Answer Question

21 Aug, 2017

Hi there, happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to our office and we're excited to have you a part the FreshBooks team!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

Great experience! My recruiter was very friendly and we had a great conversation about the company over the phone. I then went in to the office on Dupont (great space), where I met the manager. He gave me tons of information about the position, asked great questions and was also very nice! Unfortuntely, they decided to move forward with someone else but overall, great office and people!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in December-2015.

Interview

I was very impressed throughout the whole process. I met with each level of the organization within the company including the Team Lead, Manager and even VP of the company.

It was made clear to me what the expectations of a prospective candidate would be from cultural to a metrics-driven standpoint.

There were clear expectations of next steps and they got back to me when they said they would get back to me.

Glassdoor also gave me a very good understanding of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• - Case Study
      - Cultural questions
      - Personal values and how they fit in with FreshBooks
      - How I feel about failure
      - What I wore for Halloween
      - Excel test   Answer Question