FreshBooks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 148 of over 148 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

FreshBooks

Application

I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

First I had an intro call with the HR person, after which I had an interview with a senior manager about the real managing problem and conflict where I had to explain how would I react. The last interview was the technical interview where a Senior technical engineer asked me few technical and architectural questions.

Interview Questions
  • To explain how would I reach during the conflict situations
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process consisted of the following: HR interview, Director of Finance Interview, Case Study (Accounting team) interview, Co-Founder Interview, follow-up interview with Director of Finance. My interview experience was very positive as I had the pleasure of meeting various employees who worked at FreshBooks. This allowed me to gain a feel for the people in the organization. Throughout the process, I was in contact with HR on a frequent basis as they updated me on the status of each interview round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FreshBooks

Application

I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

The initial interview at freshbooks was great the recruiter was awesome and set all of the proper expectations. I only had the initial phone screen because it wasn't a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work in the Raleigh NC office?

FreshBooks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

I did not have any background or knowledge of the company and culture before this interview and was pleasantly surprised. The interview was a panel interview and it was so awesome to meet with actual employees. We did some behavioural style questions, mock calls, basics (previous role etc) and even some fun questions to get to know more about me as a person. It was a longer than normal interview to my knowledge (1hr 30 min) but well worth it. I left with a wholistic knowledge and idea of the company and its people. Ended up getting a call back later that day!

Interview Questions
  • Strengths, weaknesses, previous role, hobbies, things about me someone wouldn't expect

FreshBooks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

Only an initial screening was completed and no further communication was provided whether they decided to move with a different candidate or not. I have done multiple follow up with the talent acquisition team member who took my interview but no reply.

Interview Questions
  • Generic questions about projects I have worked on and sort of growth I am looking for at the company in next couple of years

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

The hiring and Interview process was enjoyable. Chloe was my point of contact throughout the process. Chloe was really friendly and open about the stages of the interview. She was interested to hear about how each stage went for me and I appreciated that. I always felt in the loop and did not feel that I was left hanging, as I have felt with some interviews in the past.

Interview Questions
  • What is the relevant experience I've had that will help me in this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

First was a screening call. If you pass that you move on to a zoom interview. The screening call was very straight forward, and the recruiter was very pleasant. I had all the required experience and skills, and the call went well. I then received a no-reply email stating that they won't move forward without any additional information. I can only assume they have too many applicants since they post the same job multiple times a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2021

Interview

Long process which contained about 5-6 interview steps but overall a very fair assessment and evaluation of your personality, experience and skills. Interviewers were very friendly and most of the interview questions felt more collaborative rather than one sided.

Interview Questions
  • Design a parking lot system, basic algorithms questions, sql question, find the bug question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2021

Interview

Overall a very lovely interview process. The recruiter was organized and prompt with responses. There was an initial screening with a recruiter, then a portfolio review with a design peer, and design manager. The third stage was a case study component where you're asked to build a presentation and share it with some members of the design team. They ask you to come up with a solution based on a real FreshBooks problem. I had a few additional chats with the design team. They were all friendly, helpful, and care a lot about design. This made it a very hard decision, but ultimately I accepted with another company. I'd definitely recommend FreshBooks to other designers looking for a new opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were casual and conversational, asking about background and experience.

FreshBooks

Application

I interviewed at FreshBooks

Interview

Initial phone screening and then another phone interview. The second phone call was quick and felt rushed. There wasn't much flow to the questions. It was downhill from the start.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 148 Interviews