FreshBooks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Support Rockstar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

A phone interview to touch base followed by two 2 hour interviews at Freshbooks. After that met one of the founders to touch base and then was notified.

Great and friendly group of people. All very unique and helpful. Very cool office!

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you provided exceptional customer service? What does a 404:error mean? Why do you want to work at Freshbooks? What are your weaknesses? Do you like pineapple on pizza?   Answer Question

1 Feb, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Helpful, friendly, unique...that’s us! We’re so fortunate to have been referred to you; welcome to Freshbooks!

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in December-2014.

Interview

An employee from the FreshBooks HR Department contacted me with a request for a phone Interview. There was no initiation of contact on my part, as I was currently employed and quite happy with my position and employer. However, I must admit I was curious about FreshBooks. A standard 30 minute HR interview was conducted over the phone the very next day. It was pleasant enough and ended with a promise to contact me in several days to set up a more technical interview. Several weeks later I received an email form the same person apologizing profusely about the delay and another promise that a technical interview would indeed be set up in several days. That was the last time I heard from FreshBooks. I didn't bother contacting them back because quite frankly I was no longer interested. To initiate contact with me and then give me the run around is very unprofessional not to mention just plain rude. Clearly they do not value my time and there is absolutely no element of respect on their part. If this is any indication of how they treat their employees I'm pretty sure I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What kind of technologies are you exposed to in your current position.   1 Answer

Software Development Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in December-2015.

Interview

Structure was fairly standard, with a managerial/cultural section at the start followed by a technical section. My only negative comment about the technical section was that there was a sense of disbelief when I presented an alternative view when asked about particular topics, although there was no alternative viewpoint provided from their side which would have been useful. My main criticism was in the managerial and cultural questions where some of the panel would constantly question my examples as if I were lying, or to press for further information then berate me on that information. So the format and content of the interview was good but the way it was conducted left a sour taste compared to other expanding tech companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Recruiter called me and made an appointment for an interview. On the interview I was asked simple questions but one person continued to ask very general questions(I mean veeeery general) so I told her I could not understand the question. They already understood I had an accent and she assumed I could not comprehend the english words - another guy tried to paraphrase the sentence. Really??
    They laughed at me while I was depicting the answer to their question on the board. Well something funny, I thought, that's cool - they are relaxed and friendly. Then they asked about the books I've read lately.
    I answered. Then I understood they were really laughing at me when again she distorted my wording like I couldn't speak english - very nice from her side. Moreover she even didn't know the book I mentioned, though it is bestseller, and needed confirmation from her co-worker about the book - that the book really existed. Again... Really?
    So the main points I was rejected for - my english and my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation to work here? Guys, I'm too old to answer that kind of questions. You should also ask "where do you see yourself in 5 years" to destroy the interviewee completely.   Answer Question
    • "How activerecord works?"   1 Answer

26 Apr, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for submitting a review – we understand that you did not have a good experience interviewing with us, and we definitely don’t want that for any of our candidates. We can assure you that... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Talked to developers and had a pair programming (good idea) session with a senior developer. They didn't ask anything really difficult, and it seems to be more of a culture fit workplace. Everyone was nice, but their office is extremely noisy and crowded.

Interview Questions

• I believe they asked if I'd worked with software as a service.   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FreshBooks in December-2018.

Interview

After talking to a HR recruiter, I was invited for an interview with the hiring manager and 2 other managers. I had a very good conversation with them, and was happy with the interview. Unfortunately did not hear back from anyone, so assuming there was another person who got the position.
    What was disappointing in the whole process, was the communication with the HR. After the interview, I followed up with the hr recruiter I initially talked to, but got her out of the office. As she pointed to contact other HR reps who were covering for her, I emailed them explaining that I’m waiting for an update on the interview process. In the end, my email was not answered by any of the 3 people I asked. This makes you think how professional Freshbooks HR is.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions from the hiring manager. Very open conversation about what’s needed and can be done.   Answer Question

Biz Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The process was super efficient. The full cycle took about a month. Very courteous, to the point, providing updates and next steps at appropriate time. This depends from role to role, but after the initial interview with the HR person, you get to speak to the hiring manager, then (if all goes well) with potential co-workers and (if that goes well) you get to do a case study.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to do a case study   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in July-2012.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. Received a call from FreshBooks recruiter the next day and scheduled a phone interview with their sales lead.

I passed their phone interview and was invited for a in person interview with 2 other members of the sales team. Before the interview I got a tour of FreshBooks office. Modern open concept office and very bike friendly workplace. Great corporate culture and friendly staff.

The interview took a hour and half and I was told there will be about 4 to 5 interviews because they want to make sure you are a right fit for the organization. The first interview consisted formal and informal question. They really want to get to know who you are besides work and one part of the interview you got to speak to one of the sales staff about their experience. Tip - Remember to have a joke handy and make sure it's a safe joke too.

Unfortunately, I did not make it further in the recruitment process.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in November-2018.

Interview

Overall the process is well organized, and every people is very nice
    1st: Phone screening with hr, answer some technical screening questions
    2st: Talk to hiring manager and discuss some technical topics
    3st: 2 hours onsite with 4 people, the first hour is behavioural interview and the second hour is about system design
    4st: talk with Director of Engineering and possibly an executive member

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreshBooks (Toronto, ON) in August-2018.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter after applying online. The initial conversation lasted for about 10 minutes. We went through my experience and how would I be fit for the role.

I got response immediately from the recruiter saying they want to interview me.

I went to the interview where they gave me overview of their office and culture which was nice.

I had interview with 4 people for about 90 minutes. First 30 minutes were behavioural questions, last 1 hour was technical.

Behavioural questions were standard. I like their technical interview as it was more on the basics of the networking.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural :
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your biggest failure.
      Why you want to work here?

Technical:
      It was more of a white-boarding session . We started with basic of how PC would communicate with the internet and process involved, and then we wend deep into SSL, DNS, Routing, Load Balancing, HTTP.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FreshBooks in November-2017.

Interview

The recruitment team was so helpful during the entire process. During the initial call, she took the time to get to know me and learn more about what I was looking for and if it might be a fit with the available role. She was very prompt and helpful answering questions and scheduling interviews as the process continued. Everyone I dealt with during the interview process was extremely friendly and welcoming. It definitely impacted my decision to accept the role vs opportunities at other companies.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a case study and present to a panel of interviewers to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.   Answer Question

9 Mar, 2018 – HR Generalist

We believe in executing extraordinary experiences every day and it’s great to read that the performance of our Recruitment impacted your decision to join us. Thank you for sharing!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.