Earls Kitchen + Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Earls Kitchen + Bar Interview Questions

Updated 28 May, 2017

1.8

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar.

Interview

I applied online and had face-to-face interview a few days later. Both people I interviewed with where extremely nice. First meeting was with the current office manager and then the second was with the general manager. Both were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions which included your basic interview questions, but mostly they were just carrying on a conversation. This is more effective if you are trying to get to know someone.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Vienna, VA (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

If you are a good looking girl you will be easily hired just tell them that you don't have a life (literally say you have nothing to do) and you will be hired.
    The general manager didn't scan my ID, soc, nothing just took down my license number, last 4 of my soc and claim 1 or 0 for W-2

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at Earls   1 Answer

Expo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

It was an interview process that consisted of speaking to 2-3 different management level staff members. Earl's Kitchen and Bar was opening their restaurant in Miami and the company held a seminar at a hotel conference room nearby and many people were being interviewed at the same time. The interview was not extremely personal by any means but I understand the volume of employees that was required in a short amount of time.

Barback/Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

2 round interview process. First, with the AGM and a few days later had the 2nd interview with the GM. Was hired by the GM and the interview process ended up being very smooth and conversational. Be yourself and you'll leave with a smile on your face. You can tell there's phenomenal management and team.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar.

Interview

Got hired within the first 20 minutes of interview number 1. If you're good looking preferably a woman they will hire you. You will meet with the AGM and GM and if they like you then you will get hired on the spot.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Chicago, IL (US)) in September-2015.

Interview

Brief, very simple. Basic questions about your previous employment. After the interview, if they like you, they will make an offer. Not going to lie, a lot of their decisions are based on appearance.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform in high customer volume and fast paced environments?   Answer Question

FOH Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Tysons Corner, VA (US)) in August-2015.

Interview

Very casual. Spoke with one of the managers. Extremely nice. I thought the interview went well, but I was not hired. By the looks of their staff, they hire solely based on looks. In conclusion, if you are a female and are not attractive looking then do not bother applying here.

Dishwasher/Line Cook In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Denver, CO (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in person by both a sous chef and our executive chef, seperately. We exchanged questions, expectations, long term plans for ourselves and the contributions we hoped to make to Earl's, made some general small talk, toured the restaurant, and established starting dates of employment. A fairly simple and casual interview

Interview Questions

• What superhero would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was quite simple. As a recent graduate, I expressed my willingness to work a full-time schedule. Earl's oblidged at their standard pay rate for starting back of house employees, and I was practically hired on the spot.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Boston, MA (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

You go from the manager to the general manager. If you speak with the General Manager, you have passed the first interview. The second interview is with the GM and they confirm if you're hired or not.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Bellevue, WA (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

Extremely quick interview and the managers were extremely nice. I was interview by the AGM and the GM. All in all it took about 15 minutes before they offered me the job and I started training the next week. Training was also very enjoyable, be prepared to drink!