Earls Kitchen + Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Earls Kitchen + Bar Interview Questions

Interviews at Earls Kitchen + Bar

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Vancouver, BC) in September 2016.

Interview

I walked in with a resume and came back in the next day for an interview. The interview the next day was about 30 minutes. Questions about my qualifications and then we got to know each other a bit and found we got along quite well!

Interview Questions

• Past experience and if I had any restaurant experience (I did)

Bartending skills (also had)   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar in March 2017.

Interview

met the lounge manager one day and the general manager the next day. Very relaxed.
    Liked that I kept friendly conversation going to show I was good with people

Anonymous Employee in Port Coquitlam, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Port Coquitlam, BC).

Interview

Walked in and sat down with the dinner manager right away for an interview.
    Wasn't asked about my previous work experience or any skill related questions.
    Asked about availability.
    Took less than 30 minutes.

Server Interview

Interview

I went to a different location first, but missed the training. So went to another location and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever played on a sports team?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and then answered basic questions by the day leader and then the GM. Received a phone call a couple of weeks later offering a job

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar in June 2010.

Interview

The interview is not really an interview. They hire first on looks, and ability to dress well, second on availability, third experience. Wear heels to your interview, and pick an outfit that is appropriate for the season/time of day, complements your body, but shows your own unique personality and style. (Ex. Jeans, heels, cute scarf, nice top that complements your neckline without showing too much cleavage, accessorize with big pieces of jewelry** they like to see that you can accessorize because once you're on the floor in all black accessories are all that you have to standout and be different from every other girl)

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about your future plans/goals/school etc I think this is to filter out temporary staff. Training is extensive , 2-3 weeks they want their staff to last. Not a job you would get for a couple months in a summer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Surrey, BC) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted via telephone for a job interview after having submitted a resume in person. The interview was fairly casual, though it was recommended to me to dress "attractive". The interviewer described the training process to be fairly demanding in terms of learning all food and beverage products. I was expected to receive a phone call back to schedule training soon.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked the dollar amount that I was familiar with selling in prior serving positions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar in May 2015.

Interview

Walk-in interview.
    The owner was the one conducting the interview.
    While I was waiting for my turn, I noticed that the interview was going really fast like 2 mins per applicant. I thought it was a bad sign.
    When it was my turn, it only took me a minute to get the job offer. The owner just asked me to tell him something about myself and that's it. He asked me to comeback on Monday to start the training.
    Couldn't believe it at first. I thought maybe I just heard him wrong.
    Obviously he's hiring based on looks and first impression. Not really your work experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Earls Kitchen + Bar Response

Aug. 13, 2015 – Vice President, People Operations

Thank-you for your feedback. We apologize for the impression that was left with you.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Vancouver, BC) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick, and easy interview. I was emailed by a manager and invited to come in for an interview. We chatted for a bit, and was offered a job at the end of my interview. I had to wait two weeks to join the next upcoming training group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Earls?
      Whats your favourite menu item?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What do you not like about working in the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earls Kitchen + Bar (Burlington, ON).

Interview

Walked into Earls with my resume in hand. I was granted an interview right away. First interviewed with a floor manager then the general manager right after. Offered the job on the spot. Started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your serving strategy?   1 Answer