Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Adobe

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   3 Answers
  • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Interview Questions

• very basic OO programming questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

contacted by recruiter via linked in.
    had 3 interviews, mostly average questions about pass experiences and what not. there is a bit of coding but not too hard.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview at a job fair. Multiple teams. Different roles. You get to choose teams and vice versa. If there's a match, then 1 interview per team the next day. Fairly easy process.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

Face to face. Before going for the interview i asked about the job role but the recruiter told me they have my profile and once i come for the interview they will let me know in details. In the first round itself i could understand the job role dosn't match with my interests and neither i am a match for the opening. I cleared the first round and went for the second round just to make sure its clearly a mismatch as this round was with the hiring manager and i could ask him in details about their expectations and what i am interested in. When i found its not aligned with my interest i left without waiting for next round result. And obviously i received a call from the HR letting me know i have not cleared the round and cannot apply for next 6 months. I feel like they dont even gone through my profile and randomly asked for interview and now i cannot apply for the position i am interested in for next 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Graph and DS   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Allahabad (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

1. The first round was Online Coding Round where we had to solve 3 questions and 30 mcq's in 2hrs.
    2. Then a telephonic Interview round where we had to solve problem on microsoft word

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

Pathetic experience with these pathetic people having cheap attitude I was excited to go there because of the products I have known, but when I was there talking to these individuals(absent minded, no value for other's time, no respect for candidates , Self-centered, Arrogant), I have lost all my respect
    The whole interview procedure is not about assessing the candidates based on his/her skill, but it's about satisfying the ego of self proclaimed experts who have fixed answers in their mind from websites and if your answer(code) is not matching, you are wrong. If you ask why, no fact or explanation is required.

I don't understand what these guys are so boastful about If they come on the other side of the table they will not be able to answer the same level of questions. They are so disrespectful the moment you disagree if they say something is not right....so it doesn't matter what the fact is, just because they say it's wrong it's wrong.

HR has only one role, convey the message, they don't bother how candidate are being treated. This Company is good only on pages and website, when it comes to

Interview Questions

• 1st Round:
      1. Interviewer said he didn't have my resume so he wants me to tell him about my career, but he has no interest in listening, no eye contact(busy doing something on his laptop)
      2. inorder traversal of Binary tree without using recursion
      3. to write set/get method for LRU
      4. How to cover N-steps using 1/2 steps at a time

The interviewer has fixed questions and answers memorized and if you are thinking and writing the code, he is not interested. He wants you to write code in a jiffy(5-10mins). He will keep giving you the look as if what is there to think.

For Q3, my code was right, but since I used(iterator for list) an unordered_map<int, pair<list<int>::iterator, int>>, without even going through the code he says it won't work, because iterator cannot be used. Because he wanted me to use "node* ", a linked list using C-type implementation.

There is no end of learning algorithms, and if some bunch of moron thinks they have learnt enough and know everything do a little thing called self-assessment and you will know where you stand.

2nd Round: I was asked to provide the design and implement the code for a game "Minesweeper", as I didn't know much about this game so I asked to provide more details, the interviewer just shown me by playing it once.

This was so superb, I have seen her playing the game and I needed to complete the SDLC cycle in next 15-30 mins, I have written the code using assumption of course(as no constraints was being shared), but this was not even before I started.....God bless you guys....you are remarkably talented. Hope these are the kind of code used in your projects(running all your product)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

One online test followed by technical interview rounds (around 4) followed by manager round. Online round was very basic, there were 5 interview questions and 2 hours time. Questions were very easy.

Interview Questions

• First face to face round went OK. The interviewer asked about a matrix with dynamic programming algorithm and psuedo code for it. Also asked about explaining basics of technologies mentioned in the resume. I think I did justice with explaining what I knew, and from his expressions, I could not understand whether he was satisfied or not interested to listen :). No cross questions, not asking for details, just kept writing the feedback on his computer after asking.

Second face to face round had two questions. One was algorithm for a tree traversal problem and proper code for it along with corner cases. Second question was a low level design problem.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Got a call from consultant and interview was scheduled on weekend at their 132 sec noida campus.

The interview process had 4 technical rounds followed by HR discussion. I had only round after which the HR told that the feedback is not so positive.

There were 2 people in panel and they started with asking about my current project and technical bacakground. After which they asked a ds algo question :
    Given an array of integers replace value at ith index by maximum following number.

I solved the question easily after which they gave design problem - create a search system for a document. They asked what data structure to be used and how to design.

I proposed TRIE data structure but as I was not well versed with it, I designed a solution with graphs.
    After that they asked few questions on operating system and multithreading.

The interviewers were good and friendly.Not sure what made the feedback negative as I gave almost evry answer.

Interview Questions

• Give an array of integers, replace ith element by following maxmium number.
      For eg - 2 4 8 7 6 3

2 should be replaced by max num - 8
      4 should be replaced by max num - 8
      8 should be replaced by max num - 7
      7 should be replaced by max num - 6
      6 should be replaced by max num - 3

Easy question, start iterating from end , maintain max and keep swaping ith number with max.   1 Answer
    • Desgin a search system for a document search.   3 Answers
    • What is the difference between semaphone and mutex.   1 Answer
    • How to make a method atomic. Is sysnchronized keyword works at process level.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.