Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent training, unlimited income potential" (in 53 reviews)

• "Started part-time as a teacher / coach" (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • "Commission-based only as a start" (in 43 reviews)

• "Primerica is too much of a multi-level marketing business" (in 19 reviews)

1. "RVP"

Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON
    Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Primerica is a great company to work within. Anyone who says it's a scam says so because they quit. If you listen to them you are letting them control and affect a great opportunity that you will miss out on and you won't be able to help families with all the great products we offer. If these people who slam Primerica had a credible voice they wouldn't be slamming a company that does nothing but good for our clients. if you read a bad review it's either someone who quit or someone who has never seen what we do to help the middle income family. Forbes magazine voted us one of the most trustworthy financial companies ..so I suppose Forbes magazine is a scam also?
    Billions of dollars handled by this company ..same as a large bank. Better returns on investments for clients ..amazing life insurance ..it's a company that is putting right the incredibly horrible whole life policy that rips people off ..I could go on and on about all the great things this company is on a crusade to right many wrongs that have been happening to people for generations in the banking industry and investing and insurance. PRIMERICA is not a scam it is not a pyramid scheme..it works like a brokerage ..clearly people who believe it's either have no idea how a business system works ..and frankly if you want to listen to bad reviews that's your perogative ..it won't stop this company from changing lives every single day..our reps their families and their clients ..I'm so proud to be a part of this great company.

Cons

You have to deal with people . Which is a pro and a con...and you have to deal with uneducated people calling it a scam ..people who can't have success here can't have success anywhere because they are quitters...it's a great opportunity to help others and to build an amazing career..I am blessed to have found this company .

Advice to Management

Primerica ..you are the future of financial services and I am proud to be a part of this great company !!

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is part of the Financial Service Industry. Financial Service industry is one of the largest most profitable industries in the world.

Having education and experience in the financial services, it is rewarding working with clients and other company partnerships.

Unlimited amount of income, like any other business. Primerica helps reps be in business for themselves but not by themselves.

Listed on the NYSE, under the symbol (PRI), you can get ownership of the company with bonuses that are paid.

Best company to get licensed by for the LLQP or Mutual Fund licese. State of the art licensing program that helps reps succeed.

Cons

Anyone who is new to the financial service industry, has to become licensed. This turns some people off who are not willing to self develop.

The licensing program contains tests that some may not be able to achieve.

This is a business model, not a job. Anyone looking to work 9-5 should look elsewhere from finance not just Primerica. Most financial service companies positions are commission based.

Commission is beneficial to the financial service industry, because as your clients grow, so does your income. In finances the only way to grow a book of business is to get good results for your clients. The more money means the more you helped people out.

Advice to Management

Every office is independent owned and operated. Primerica is a brokerage model and experiences may vary from office to office.

Do not paint all the offices with the same brush.

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People are investing in you. The support system in Primerica is 100x better then anywhere else I have worked. Your team will teach you all you need to know to succeed.
    - You make your own schedule. This was very important to me, as I was working 70 hours a week, and still not making the money I needed to before I started working with Primerica.
    - You determine your income. You get paid for the work you do. Great part time income, with no quotas.
    - Outgoing, uplifting environment.
    - Learn about finances, so you don't get taken advantage of.

Cons

- It does take work, anything that is worth it does. I really see this as a pro, if you have a good work ethic it is impossible to fail.

"Senior rep"

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

Freedom of time and financial freedom

Cons

None what so ever
    The only people who fail are ones with no worth ethic and are we really going to listen to people with no work ethic didn’t think so.

"Primerica helps middle income families with financial planning to retire"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Brantford, ON
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of support from Primerica head office. They pay for all your education! Primerica helps you achieve your dreams, whether they are large 6 figure dreams or just part time income dreams. The only way you don't succeed in Primerica is because you did not try hard enough. Primerica will support you with videos for training, help you help people become financially independent. Nothing is more rewarding then showing people how to retire with enough money to enjoy their retirement. You can make as much money as you want or as little as you want. You can start your own business and watch it grow! The possibilities are only limited to your desire to succeed!

Cons

There are not downsides. If you don't succeed it wasn't because of Primerica, it was your poor aditiued and unwillingness to learn.

6. "Life on My Terms"

Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been part-time in Primerica for almost 6 years. I love that I can work around my kids' school schedule, make good money when I do work and have such a positive impact on the families I work with. Primerica is a company of integrity. with great products and great financial education for families. For everyone wondering if Primerica is a scam, just Google "Primerica Forbes Top 50" and you will see an article by Forbes listing Primerica as one of the Top 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies in North America. I am pretty sure Forbes Magazine would have figured it out if Primerica was a scam.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to be willing to change from an employee to an entrepreneurial mindset. Earning a wage vs earning commissions is a different way of working. I love that Primerica lets you work your own hours part-time, this is perfect for me and I have built a big enough business that I make money every month without having to work too hard at it. When I started I was hungry to change and grow, so that helped me a lot. Working with people and being an entrepreneur required personal development, which you don't always have to do at a wage-earning job. You decide how much you grow, which also decides how much you make. Commission earners are some of the wealthiest people in the world. They are also the hungriest to keep learning and improving. If you are hungrry to grow, then you should take a look at Primerica.

Advice to Management

Thank you for building a great company!

"To the People that are putting in bad reviews"

Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader
    Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Let's start with some facts, first and foremost Primerica is not a scam, MLM or a Pyramid scheme...Primerica is a Pure Business opportunity, the reason why some people put bad reviews is they don't fully understand the business Model so they compare it to something they experienced in the past or they ask a cousin or an uncle etc. and they hear from people that don't know much about our business,
    If you want to know the facts you can go look-up primerica on Jim Crammer Show, Bloomberg or Yahoo Finance etc.... always look-up credible sources.
    Primerica is on the NYSE our ticker symbol is PRI
    we opened our doors in 1977 so we have been around for a long long time
    Google is the bathroom wall of the 21st century unfortunately, and besides almost every company on this Planet has Good and bad reviews, you got to learn to sift through the real information,
    Primerica is an Agency system that is very similiar to real-estate agency system, For example in real estate , there are few parties
    i.e 1. The company example Remax
    2. remax looks for strong people to become Brokers to manage an office and recruit agents
    3. those Agents have two choices, either work on their own or be more in a management role where they can recruit and build their own team of agents and every time one of their agents helps a family by finding and selling them a house they make commission and their manager makes a small % and the broker makes a small% and guess what the company makes a small %, that's how business run in any agnecy system,
    this opportunity is definitely not foreveryone, but it's for competitive people, hard workers, Ambitious, Money Motivated and people persons.
    If you're good with people and love helping families then this is for you, if you are someone that don't like people and not for anyone that have an employee mindset, this is for leaders and for someone that would like to make extra income as a second career on the side of what they are doing. this is not a rich quick business, it takes hard work and dedication BUT it's so worth it.

Cons

There are really no cons, the cons are the person that enrols in Primerica, if you are lazy and don't like working hard for your money or someone that wants huge results for very little efforts then it's not for you, just don't complain if you don't work hard and blame the company, you can only blame yourself if you don't make it...the support system here is amazing and tremendous, we have over 300,000 sq/ft head quarter to help our agents and we have over 2000 office staff working daily to support our agents

Advice to Management

No company is perfect under the sun, every company can always grow and get better.

"ITS A SCAM"

I worked at Primerica part-time

Pros

Nothing. I would never work at this company

Cons

This is a scam, Don't waste your time!! WHAT A SHAME

"Senior Rep"

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are able to t get some valuable information about the financial industry

Cons

sales job,100% commission, if you aren't ready to work hard this is not the job for you

"Representative"

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

Flexible hours. Work on my own schedule. Lots of potential

Cons

If you want to make most money you need to build a team. Need to stay engaged to keep up to date.

Advice to Management

Put standardized training in place for new reps.