Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Freedom & Unlimited Income Potential (in 42 reviews)

• Part time or full time opportunity which gives incredible flexibility to work as much or as little as you choose (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Multi-level Marketing at it's absolute worst (in 18 reviews)

• The position is commission based (in 34 reviews)

1. "RVP"

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome work environment where you can utilize Millionaire's and get advice to build an awesome business within a business.

Cons

I have had no negative experience to share.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing as you inspire the masses for success.

"Not a job but a business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to build your own business. You control how much you work and therefore how much you earn. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to learn about managing their own finances and helping others to do the same. Great place for those with an entrepreneurial mindset.

Cons

If you aren't recruiting/getting qualified referrals you aren't going to build as fast or strong. Once your warm market dries up, it may be difficult to prospect for those without an entrepreneurial mindset. Doesn't offer car/home insurance nor does it offer mortgages. However, it does offer a consolidation of a mortgage through a lending partner.

Advice to Management

Take a look at re-testing/increasing training for veteran representatives. Some could benefit from a refresher course, as their current ideals and understandings do not correlate with what may be present in our current financial landscape.

"Head Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Head office is cheap, will not spend money for proper office equipment you are asked to use hold equipment plus they treat employees poorly with low pay and little pay increases. Additionally, they are not organized. If there is a new regulatory requirement the company is scrambling at the last minute to be compliant with the rules which increases the amount of stress for a couple weeks.

5. "Primerica"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in St. Catharines, ON
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in St. Catharines, ON

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good opportunity to make a good living, just bad timing and perhaps not field i was looking for at the time

Cons

takes a while to get started and requires initial investment to achieve license requirement. completely commission based so a bad sales month means little to no income

"Self employed"

I have been working at Primerica full-time

Pros

Best company to work for!!!!

Cons

Need more people to know about the pros

"Multilevel Marketing Scheme"

Pros

There are no pros to "working" with companies like this, they push you to sell insurance products to your "personal network" which means pestering your friends and family until they acquiesce.

Cons

This is not a job but rather a pushy multi-level marketing scheme. Their business model relies on bringing in as many "sales people" as possible so the people at the top of the chain make more money. Please stay far away from this company.

"My experience"

Pros

The teamwork atmosphere is awesome
    The trainings are very informative
    Unlimited income potential
    Knowing you are literally changing a family's life just by sitting down with them

Cons

sometimes you are told way to many different ways to handle situations
    paperwork

"This is A Scam"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent Trainee in Oshawa, ON
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent Trainee in Oshawa, ON

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can get your insurance license and learn some valuable things. But you are stuck with working with Primerica. People were friendly at the start.

Cons

They milk money out of you through these constant cult type meetings and events where you hear the same story over and over again how Primerica saved their life. they flaunt money and bad mouth their relatives and exes. they put people down due to their financial status claiming you can be like them (morally bankrupt due to their financial worth) They recruit through lies and deception and then want the names of all your friends and family. Troll through your social media accounts to find more recruits or clients. It slowly becomes harassment. I would go to meetings where the leader would yell at you the whole entire time, demanding new people come to the meeting so he can make more money. You make money the same way a pyramid scheme does. When you make a sale the person who signed you up to get's a cut and the person who signed them up gets a cut and up the ladder, it goes. It's a scam.

Advice to Management

Be honest from the start don't try to con, scam people into investing in this company and tell them what you can offer them. THE TRUTH!! Not the version that I was sold only to find out months later. they provide half truths and no way out of this cult-like experience. Stop the name calling of trainees, relatives, and exes and bragging about how you're better because of the amount in your bank account. Sell the product honestly not through shady practices. Monitor your people better and branches. I had people calling and yelling at me on the phone when I decided this is not for me. When I finally wanted to cancel my insurance they forced me to buy they refused. What a nightmare!!! I was raised in a cult like church and this had the same feel and methods. I got out of there as fast as my legs could take me. I had to change my social media accounts and block certain people. When I remove the block they pop up immediately they won't back off and leave me alone to this day. Monitor and get control of your staff and district leaders make sure they are representing the company truthfully.

10. "Sr Financial Analyst"

I have been working at Primerica full-time

Pros

good to start your career

Cons

slow work environment and sometime peaks are not well managed

"A great financial education."

Former Employee - District Leader
    Former Employee - District Leader

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had some of the best time, meeting new people and learning about life insurance. I hit the incentive bonus for new recruits for my month. Got both my life license and mutual fund license!
    Great product training
    Positive/humble people
    A sense that you are actually doing some good.
    Had some amazing growth as a person and education that will help me through life!

Cons

Worked for a year, made almost no money w/ calling and prospecting virtually every day.
    Cult-like, If you say anything "not positive" no one will have a real debate, you'll have to do push-ups :p (primerica is life)
    The company has almost no sales training whatsoever, HUGE emphasis on recuriting.
    No one makes any real money (at least advertised) except the "up Up lines". (even then 10+ years of hard hard work.) You feel like your in a room of losers but its okay b/c there all happy.
    Need huge warm market, and willing to give up pride and certainly arrogance.
    The company is also widely known to be "pyramid schemey" so it's very difficult to say you work for primeamerica
    Lastly super hard to recruit. If you are they type of person that will succeed then you will regardless of what you do, and those types of people are very hard to recruit for the "opportunity".

Advice to Management

More sales training! I learned more about sales in 3 weeks in a different company then all year here.
    Create oppertunites where you're bottom line can sell, (events pre-booked apps) If they dont make money you don't, they'll leave and everything will fall apart.