Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Primerica Reviews

Updated 20 Nov 2019

4.0
Primerica CEO Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams
Pros
  • "Ability to be reimbursed and trained for all financial licenses(in 102 reviews)

• "Started part-time as a teacher / coach(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is a pyramid scheme disguised as life insurance(in 46 reviews)

• "Most financial service companies positions are commission based(in 45 reviews)

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Regional Leader

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great compensation plan for employees

Cons

Too many unpaid hours to sustain

Advice to Management

Advertise more

Primerica2019-11-09

"Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

I spent fifteen months in a contract position at Primerica and found it overall a very good company to work for. Although I was in a contract position I was well treated and included in all of the events and bonuses that were offered to employees. The company is employee oriented and does seem to want to offer the best opportunities to its staff. I regret not pursuing the opportunity to secure my position on a... permanent basis once it became available, but will always be grateful for the opportunity that the company provided me with.

Cons

With any accounting position there will always be peaks and valleys in the work load. There can be a lot of overtime required at quarter-ends and especially year-end. However I found that management was very accommodating, providing meal allowances, offering time off in lieu, and generally being very appreciative of the work and overtime that was put in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, treating employees well will mean it is that much easier to attract talent.

Primerica2019-09-02
  3. "You Will Grow With This Company"

Current Employee - District Leader in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training and support. Very clear promotion path. Excellent compensation.

Cons

It's tough work and you must continually keep yourself motivated.

Primerica2019-08-18

"Good environment but poor pay"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Primerica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees and staff are nice to work with and management cares about employees

Cons

Relatively poor pay with no bonuses

Primerica2019-07-05
  5. "Want a business that stands for a noble cause?"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Drummondville, QC

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than a year

Pros

Mission is fixing an injustice in the financial world. Great pay for doing what is right. No need to recruit to make money. Pushes those who want to win in life to evolve into better people.

Cons

Hard work. Deal with people constantly claiming that this NYSE rated enterprise is an MLM

Advice to Management

Keep improving.

Primerica2018-10-23

"Positive filled environment"

Current Employee - Child Care Supervisor in Fort McMurray, AB

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Super positive environment, there are many people from all backgrounds, beliefs, ages and stages of their life. *If you decide to explore what it is about simply googling is not going to do it. You need to spend the $128 to take the courses. It teaches you ethics, taxes, insurances etc... It normally would cost you for the same courses in college 1200+. Even if you don't want to be apart of it the education of... your own finances is worth it. *Not just anyone one can make it. You need to be dedicated and want it. *It's not a get rich quick scheme you are paid what you are worth. If you don't try or do any work you won't get paid. If you try your hardest and put your all into and are resilient you can make it. *You get paid 8 different ways!!! Not just one way. *You can properly protect the ones you love and care about. *You can control all of your own finances learn and grow as you go. *Self development. It teaches you to be positive appreciate what you have and how to be strong. *You can be part time and there is no risk to your current career *You get to travel to parts of the world you never thought you could afford or even wanted to visit.

Cons

*How ignorant people get when you ask for help for just training. *You have to work hard!!! *Realizing who your true friends and family are.

Primerica2018-09-22
  7. "Perfect"

Current Employee - Division Leader

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing environment, great concepts, you get payed for how hard you work

Cons

if im lazy i dont get payed

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Primerica2018-09-28

"RVP"

Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Primerica is a great company to work within. Anyone who says it's a scam says so because they quit. If you listen to them you are letting them control and affect a great opportunity that you will miss out on and you won't be able to help families with all the great products we offer. If these people who slam Primerica had a credible voice they wouldn't be slamming a company that does nothing but good for our clients.... if you read a bad review it's either someone who quit or someone who has never seen what we do to help the middle income family. Forbes magazine voted us one of the most trustworthy financial companies ..so I suppose Forbes magazine is a scam also? Billions of dollars handled by this company ..same as a large bank. Better returns on investments for clients ..amazing life insurance ..it's a company that is putting right the incredibly horrible whole life policy that rips people off ..I could go on and on about all the great things this company is on a crusade to right many wrongs that have been happening to people for generations in the banking industry and investing and insurance. PRIMERICA is not a scam it is not a pyramid scheme..it works like a brokerage ..clearly people who believe it's either have no idea how a business system works ..and frankly if you want to listen to bad reviews that's your perogative ..it won't stop this company from changing lives every single day..our reps their families and their clients ..I'm so proud to be a part of this great company.

Cons

You have to deal with people . Which is a pro and a con...and you have to deal with uneducated people calling it a scam ..people who can't have success here can't have success anywhere because they are quitters...it's a great opportunity to help others and to build an amazing career..I am blessed to have found this company .

Advice to Management

Primerica ..you are the future of financial services and I am proud to be a part of this great company !!

Primerica2018-09-10

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People are investing in you. The support system in Primerica is 100x better then anywhere else I have worked. Your team will teach you all you need to know to succeed. - You make your own schedule. This was very important to me, as I was working 70 hours a week, and still not making the money I needed to before I started working with Primerica. - You determine your income. You get paid for the work you do.... Great part time income, with no quotas. - Outgoing, uplifting environment. - Learn about finances, so you don't get taken advantage of.

Cons

- It does take work, anything that is worth it does. I really see this as a pro, if you have a good work ethic it is impossible to fail.

Primerica2018-08-28

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is part of the Financial Service Industry. Financial Service industry is one of the largest most profitable industries in the world. Having education and experience in the financial services, it is rewarding working with clients and other company partnerships. Unlimited amount of income, like any other business. Primerica helps reps be in business for themselves but not by themselves. Listed... on the NYSE, under the symbol (PRI), you can get ownership of the company with bonuses that are paid. Best company to get licensed by for the LLQP or Mutual Fund licese. State of the art licensing program that helps reps succeed.

Cons

Anyone who is new to the financial service industry, has to become licensed. This turns some people off who are not willing to self develop. The licensing program contains tests that some may not be able to achieve. This is a business model, not a job. Anyone looking to work 9-5 should look elsewhere from finance not just Primerica. Most financial service companies positions are commission based.... Commission is beneficial to the financial service industry, because as your clients grow, so does your income. In finances the only way to grow a book of business is to get good results for your clients. The more money means the more you helped people out.

Advice to Management

Every office is independent owned and operated. Primerica is a brokerage model and experiences may vary from office to office. Do not paint all the offices with the same brush.

Primerica2018-08-27