Lightspeed Reviews

4.0
Lightspeed CEO Dax Dasilva
Dax Dasilva
Pros
Cons
  • "Occasionally working long hours(in 14 reviews)

• "Working hours are expected to be long, but that doesn't bother me too much(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing support team"

I worked at Lightspeed

Pros

Working in the support department of Lightspeed was truly one of the most enriching and fulfilling times of my work career. It does not feel like you are simply a robot answering calls, it actually feels rewarding helping merchants and your team members with different issues. You feel part of a family, you feel so much more then just a number in this company. The managers of eCom (the department I worked in) were the most nurturing and caring managers I had ever seen: you had a question, they‘d have an answer, you had a problem, they’d be there to listen. Truly, amazing people. To top it all off, the VP of support is someone I am so happy I worked with and can truly say I learned a lot from. This person will get you where you want to go, and will entrust you with different projects in order for you to succeed and challenge yourself. Work/life balance is very important in the support department and we are one of the few departments I can say has a REAL work/life balance. This company is not like any other company I have ever worked at, and working customer support I can say, with 100% certitude, there truly isn’t a better place to work in support. This place will challenge you, this place will support you and this place will make you better. I encourage anyone looking for a job in support or any job in general, to look at Lightspeed for the amazing company they are and for the amazing culture and people they have.

Cons

I enjoyed my experience there so can’t say anything was bad

Lightspeed Response

September 17, 2019HR Business Partner

Wow! We are truly flattered by this review, thank you! And we couldn’t agree more - our Support team is full of the most amazing, caring, hardworking individuals. We can’t thank them enough for what they do for our customers day in and day out. We’re so happy that your overall Lightspeed experience was positive, as this is what we intend for anyone coming through our doors. Thanks again!

"A good company, with a solid future."

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Lightspeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is a fantastic place. There’s a lot of really nice people. While the work can be stressful (especially lately) various levels of management seem interested in how you’re doing. Regular company town halls to keep everyone up to date. The C-Suite of people seem to be pretty transparent and open to questions. Ability to grow within the company. A welcome, and inclusive environment. CEO has really stuck out as a leader with regular updates.

Cons

There can sometimes be some inter-departmental tension, but it’s nothing that’s out of the ordinary and nothing severe. Pay for entry roles could be a bit better. It’s decent when the bonuses are added on, but they’re not a guarantee.

"Lots of politics"

2.0
    Former Employee - Product

I worked at Lightspeed full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, good snacks, close to metro

Cons

politics, favouritism and lots of clueless management

Lightspeed Response

June 25, 2020

Thank you for leaving a brief review, We’re sorry that you didn’t have the experience we hope for our team members. Our fast growth comes with some growing pains, but we want to continue to put our people first through these changes. Our company culture means a lot of things to us, but top of mind is respect, integrity and professionalism. I encourage you to talk to your former People Business partner if you feel comfortable doing so, so we can work together at better understanding and improving these issues.

"Awesome Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Lightspeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing culture, lots of great initiatives - Employees are a priority - Things move quickly, so you are constantly learning new tools and learning how to improve in your role.

Cons

- Work hours can be longer than usual, but its not so bad if you enjoy what you are doing! - Things are constantly changing. Change is not a bad thing, if you are someone who adapts easily to this and can move with the changes, this will not be a con.

5. "It was an amazing place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Lightspeed full-time

Pros

Is all about the people that works there!

Cons

Salary is not great. Management changes all the time.

6. "Lightspeed Collections Agent"

Current Employee - Collections Agent in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Lightspeed part-time

Pros

Good managers, nice working atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes uncomfortable telephone calls but thats part of the job

"Fun but not substainable"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at Lightspeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at LightSpeed are Amazing to say the least. I really enjoyed going to work and interacting with my friends there. To this day, I am still in contact with my previous colleagues. The culture is very vibrant and fun, you get to work in a dynamic environment. Always fully loaded kitchen and the facilities are amazing. I also want to give a shoutout to Amir, one of the best leaders at LightSpeed. He's really fun to be around and he actually cares about his team. Always willing to help out and go the extra mile.

Cons

There a lot of cons. The working hours are pretty harsh and especially during end of month, you are expected to stay and grind even when hitting target is literally impossible. The targets are extremelly high and when I say extremelly high I mean it. Every single month there would be 1 person hitting target out of the whole team (11+) . It's a pretty depressing feeling when you go to work every single day knowing you pretty much have no chance of hitting your target but you still have to put on a smile and pretend like everything is fine. Manager are great but sometimes I did not like the fact that they would have team meetings to setup extra incentives that are even harder to hit than the targets themselves. Like seriously ?

Continue reading

"Good company values, poor management"

Former Employee - Support Specialist in Montreal, QC

I worked at Lightspeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company promotes inclusive values and teamwork is highly encouraged

Cons

Team leaders and most of management in the support department seem to be disconnected from the rest of the company and support as a whole does not seem to be a very high priority regardless of what leaders say

Continue reading

"Dynamic but still unorganized"

Current Employee - Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Lightspeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great office, many young workers

Cons

Lack of structure, many new recruits but high turnover

"Not fun"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lightspeed full-time

Pros

there are snacks and that's about it

Cons

an unclear social hierarchy and a mess of disorganization

Found 194 reviews