Lambda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shevy Levy

1. "Supportive, fun and inspiring workplace"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior management is very people-focused, promoting work-life balance, as well as career development and advancement.

Fun - friendly, welcoming people, "Treat Day" Wednesdays, Friday afternoon drinks, and lots of opportunities to socialize with co-workers.

...and if you're serious about a career in technology/e-learning and being the best at what you do (sales, marketing, product, support, engineering), this is the company that will match you at every step. No BS, just a focus on customer success and growth!

Cons

Small, open office. If you like quiet and "door closed" work, this might not be the place for you, at least until January when we grow into a new space (2X bigger).

Some uncertainty - the elearning and LMS spaced is evolving. You must be comfortable blazing a trail, balancing some losses against the wins, and have the stomach and patience to help Lambda eventually rise above the 500+ players in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Plan for the changes that will need to happen when we're 100+ people, then 200+...the above Pros and Cons will all change and flip around, so best for us to be prepared with new policies, structures, etc.

30 Aug, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for the review! We are so glad you love working here - we can't wait until we get to 100 and 200+ people (fingers crossed!)

2. "Great Company and Great Experience"

Pros

- Balanced workload
    - Extremely positive work environment
    - Very personable and approachable management
    - A few programs that have additional incentives for employees to get rewards and perks
    - Location
    - As it is still a small/growing company, you can be part of different projects and feel like you're really part of the overall process - it's a very rewarding experience to be part of it as you work very closely with other teams/departments and you can be part of developing the process, give suggestions, and see the ins and outs of our service
    - Opportunities to learn and grow
    - Freedom to take ownership of certain projects/areas that play to your strengths
    - An environment of respect and support
    - Friday snacks and drinks ;)

Cons

Can't really think of anything. There are minor challenges or things you need to work through here and there with certain people, but it's part of the learning curve and experience, and life in general. I am still waiting for my own laptop (currently using a desktop) but it's not critical to my job.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

26 Aug, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We agree that small companies allow employees to have a larger impact, which is very important to lots of people. We love working here too :)

3. "Friendly and Forward-Thinking"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work culture here is absolutely great. All of the employees welcome you one your first day with smiles and polite conversation. Company lunches and weekly get togethers really make for a comforting environment. Communication is excellent here, and flexibility in ideas and workflows is superb.

Cons

Our keg stopped working. The office size is getting used up quite quickly, but expected expansion is in the works.

Advice to Management

Sometimes being good at your job is not enough to succeed. Hiring people who fit in with our values and practices will be much more beneficial in the long run.

15 Aug, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are glad you think so highly of our work culture - we pride ourselves in being tight-knit and transparent.

5. "Not a good environment for engineers"

Former Employee - Software and Systems Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Software and Systems Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

- Horizontal hierarchy of commands
    - Good opportunity for management people to grow
    - You can change your title as you like

Cons

- Every decision is made by management people
    - Does not care much about growth of developers
    - Not a good stable environment for developers to grow
    - Contributions of developers is not properly acknowledged, seems like
    all the credits goes to management, although management cant go far
    without the help of experienced developers
    - Company goes nowhere, no ling term effective lans, rather short term
    fancy ideas

Advice to Management

Pay attention to developers to grow and let their voice be heard
    Choose a technical manager out of developers not from the people
    who can only dream and does not know how to make things a reality.

15 Aug, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your job here. I can assure you that Lambda cares deeply about the growth of all our employees, and we ... More

6. "Great environment with a diverse, hard-working team."

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

A very diverse group of people with different backgrounds and personalities, working in an environment that allows them to succeed individually in their own way. Great environment and great people.

Cons

Office is getting a bit tight, but there are plans to upsize.

9 Aug, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for the review! We are proud of our diverse, well-rounded, and super smart team :). And we get to work *that much* closer with them for the time being while we wait for our new office space

7. "The best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Solutions Strategist (Sales) in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Solutions Strategist (Sales) in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people- Lambda has a true teamwork culture. Management is great, very accommodating for changing life circumstances, and strives for a good work/life balance. The office is also in a great location and has fun events.

Cons

standard start-up strains (resources, constant changes, etc).

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. You hire great ones. Make them even better with health and education support.

22 Apr, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We take pride in hiring and employing great people who love coming to work every day.

8. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Lambda Solutions is a great company to work for. We work hard and enjoy working together as a team. There's a great balance between autonomy and teamwork. They hire carefully because they look for a capable, smart, hard-working people who are a good fit for the company. Management encourages you to shine so people want to work hard. We have nice team-building events, like escape-room events and wine and cheese on Friday afternoon.

Cons

Success means that we are growing quickly so space is a bit of an issues. Growing pains. Not a bad problem to have at all. We can see the effects of our hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!!

22 Apr, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

9. "Have a voice in the work you do!"

Pros

Fun work environment where everyones opinion matters. Join the rest of the team for weekly get togethers around food and drink. Central office location with one-of-a-kind co-workers.

Cons

Decor of office could use a facelift. Very cluttered

22 Apr, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to write a review.

10. "LAMBDA SOLUTIONS INC."

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

Thriving tech company based in the heart of Gastown, Vancouver! Lambda is currently undergoing a growth period that is exciting to be a part of. The open concept office space encourages a social atmosphere. All Lambda employees are intelligent and talented individuals who are happy to offer a other co-workers support to achieve organizational success.

Cons

Traveling is rarely a part of the job

22 Apr, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We agree that Lambda is a great place to work. I hear that exciting travels may be coming soon (fingers crossed!)

11. "Great Culture and People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Lambda has one of the greatest work environment I have ever seen. The office is very relaxed and informal, and our employees get along extremely well. Every Wednesday is "Treat Day", where we take turns making lunch for the whole office, and this has turned into a bit of a food competition in the past few months. Yum! We have a beer keg that gets its fair share of use on Friday afternoons (as well as the occasional Wednesday afternoon). We have a softball team, participate in the Sun Run together, and have other great events. I feel very close with my coworkers!

I love our Gastown location, with brick walls, glass doors, and hardwood floors. It is easily accessible by bus and the skytrain, which is important to me.

Beyond the perks, employees here know how to work hard and achieve common goals together. Management believes in developing its employees, and quick career growth is quite common here. I work with some of the smartest and most passionate people I have ever met.

Cons

We are growing quite quickly, and I anticipate our office will get a bit cramped in the coming months. We are always fighting for the board room space, but we do find a way to make it work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I love working here, and hope that we grow enough in the next year to get a new, larger office space.

22 Apr, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We agree that Lambda is a pretty great place to work!