Lambda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Shevy Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I love this company!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- extremely intelligent co-workers who care deeply about their work and our clients
    - large degree of autonomy in my role
    - approachable management
    - good / flexible hours
    - a sense of 'family' in the office :)

Cons

- loud office makes it difficult to have conference calls sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I've been so happy here for the past 2.5 years.

"Great company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Software Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Software Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful culture, very positive and supportive environment, I enjoy every minute of being part of this family.

Cons

The CEO is smart, welcoming and accommodating, she is definitely not one of those that work behind closed doors.

Advice to Management

Just stay as you are, we love you :>

"Let me tell you the truth!"

Current Employee - Partner Channel Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Partner Channel Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am shocked by the previous reviews Lambda received, and want to share my story and point of view.

Lambda Solutions has been my second home for the past 4 years. I started as a sales executive. During my learning process, everyone was so nice, accommodating and willing to answer all my questions, including the CEO. After slightly more than a year, I was promoted to Customer Success Manager role, that was created especially for me, as my talent was recognized and it was suggested by the management. I couldn't be happier - it was a position that was tailored to all my skills!

Year and a half later, my manager felt that I can advance more and lead our partnerships channel, and offered me to be a Partner Channel Manager. It took me some time to agree, as I didn't believe I will manage. With endless encouragement from everyone in the company, I took the offer and never looked back! There hasn't been one employee that wasn't promoted in Lambda based on their skill set and talent.

Yes, Lambda is a family business and every employee that is joining us becomes one of our extended family. And as in every family, we have openness, laughter, sometimes disagreements, inner jokes, our own jargon and a lot of appreciation and respect. And believe it or not, we are all friends, and truly care for each other. We eat lunch together, have beer, wine and snacks on Fridays, we celebrate everyone's birthdays and have parties.

Each and every person in Lambda is important, valuable, talented, has sense of humor, friendly and have incredible work ethics.

Cons

I appreciate that a less formal environment may not be everyone's cup of tea, but some look exactly for this kind of young, energetic, and easy going atmosphere.

Advice to Management

I hope Lambda will never change its unique and amazing culture.

"An inclusive Environment"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The CEO is a woman. Sexism doesn't work here!
    - Multi-national (at least 7 nationalities are represented) - who knows maybe more will be added. If you are looking for a quintessentially Canadian example of multi-cultural and if you are open to learning about other cultures, look no further.
    - Dog friendly (so far, at least 4 dogs visit frequently)
    - Child friendly (we sometimes have child care challenges - Lambda understands)
    - Beer/Wine Fridays
    - Family-like camaraderie; people here are like family. So, if you do not like family...
    - Loud with laughter
    - Open Door Management policy
    - Organic coffee
    - Birthday Cheesecake
    - Excellent location in Gastown especially if you are a foodie
    - Departments/business units are only beginning to form - this is an excellent opportunity if you want to define your own job description
    - No micro-managers here - project "ownership" is encouraged
    - Close to skytrain (Stadium & Waterfront)
    - Accepts the challenges of family life

Cons

- Open floorplan - can get noisy
    - People bring Timbits, cookies, chocolates or candy often so not easy when you are on a diet

Advice to Management

- Don't be discouraged and stay the course. You are not the only company with disgruntled former employees
    - You can't satisfy everyone. There is nothing wrong in wanting to find people who "fit" the corporate culture - they are also looking for the same
    - Continue to be inclusive with your staff and listen to what they say

5. "A place for innovators"

Pros

Pros

The culture is what makes Lambda Solutions so great! Being surrounded by incredibly intelligent people who are so down to Earth at the same time!
    Our mantra: We Win as a Village!

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment, so if you're not in tune to what's going on around you, it can be easy to fall behind - more of a challenge than a con.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work

"Innovation is the key to success"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always feel like my voice can be heard, even when there are changes taking place. I can always go to my direct manager and ask questions or voice concerns- an open door policy is clearly displayed. At monthly meetings there is a bit of a round robin and employees from every department can speak up and generate ideas.
    cheesecakes
    beer... enough said!

Cons

since the company is expanding we need a better definition of roles, but growing pains effect this for sure.

Advice to Management

keep up the open doors!

"Don't work here"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

Good pit stop if you need experience, but don't get comfortable.

Cons

- Market themselves as a "start-up", but have been around for 15+ years.
    - No professionalism. A family run business, so loud family fights can be heard through the whole entire office. Fights aren't in English, but employees names can be heard through the conversation, so it is always clear who is being talked about. Causes major tension.
    - Rude, racially insensitive, sexist comments made frequently
    - There is so much nepotism here. Managerial and director positions are awarded based on familial connections to ownership, rather than experience, skill, or knowledge. It doesn't seem to matter what your qualifications are or how well equipped you are for your job, as long as you're family or close friend.
    - Super cliquey environment. Same group of people are always left out of social activities.
    - You will be paid the absolute bare minimum unless you call them out for underpaying you. So speak up.

I'd like to note that we are frequently asked to write positive Glassdoor reviews because of all the bad reviews they are getting. My guess is that this is why there has been an influx of overly positive reviews recently.

Advice to Management

Enforce some kind of code of conduct
    Hire people for their qualifications, not just on how well they fit your culture

Lambda Solutions Response

8 Feb, 2018

Lambda Solutions is a pioneer. We have been around for 15+ years; we are a deeply rooted, strong, established company in Canada. We are also constantly striving to evolve and reach for greater... More

"Skip this "start up", no future. No growth"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're brand new to the industry (right out of school), you can get some experience.

Cons

- Their business model is based on an open-source product (e.g. free), so keep that in mind
    - unless you are directly related to the CEO, you will never have a career path
    - culture is opposite of transparent; extremely secretive about business strategy even with long time employees
    - been around for many years, and still relying on very small investors (that should be a signal)

Advice to Management

Try hiring from outside the family.

"R&D project manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Lambda was a pleasure every day. It felt like a big family where everyone is willing to help and support each other no matter how busy things got. Communication with remote offices was also efficient, as Lambda makes sure each team member fits culturally. Work had meaning, and was fun too even through challenging times.

Cons

Hard to overlap work hours with European office for daily standups

Advice to Management

I hope you grow and expand at that steady rate.

10. "Fantastic company to work for!"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

- Welcoming, inclusive culture
    - Customer-centric
    - Clear goals and expectations set
    - Driven by innovation
    - Great location
    - Dogs are regular visitors to the office :)

From the moment I walked through the doors, I have felt right at home with Lambda. The team is totally committed and works really well together to achieve a common goal. There is a sense of ownership and everyone is really proud of the work we are doing and the special group of people we have. It is really unique to have such a diverse group that is able to work together and genuinely enjoys each other's company. There is always laughter across the office - I genuinely look forward to coming into work every day. I am really excited about the future here at Lambda - it is shining really brightly!

Cons

- Growing company so lacks some processes that could help with efficiencies
    - No telecommuting

Lambda Solutions Response

9 Oct, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thanks! We are glad you agree that we have something special here :)