Lambda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Shevy Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Innovation is the key to success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always feel like my voice can be heard, even when there are changes taking place. I can always go to my direct manager and ask questions or voice concerns- an open door policy is clearly displayed. At monthly meetings there is a bit of a round robin and employees from every department can speak up and generate ideas.
    cheesecakes
    beer... enough said!

Cons

since the company is expanding we need a better definition of roles, but growing pains effect this for sure.

Advice to Management

keep up the open doors!

2. "Skip this "start up", no future. No growth"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're brand new to the industry (right out of school), you can get some experience.

Cons

- Their business model is based on an open-source product (e.g. free), so keep that in mind
    - unless you are directly related to the CEO, you will never have a career path
    - culture is opposite of transparent; extremely secretive about business strategy even with long time employees
    - been around for many years, and still relying on very small investors (that should be a signal)

Advice to Management

Try hiring from outside the family.

3. "R&D project manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Lambda was a pleasure every day. It felt like a big family where everyone is willing to help and support each other no matter how busy things got. Communication with remote offices was also efficient, as Lambda makes sure each team member fits culturally. Work had meaning, and was fun too even through challenging times.

Cons

Hard to overlap work hours with European office for daily standups

Advice to Management

I hope you grow and expand at that steady rate.

"Great Job for Autonomy and Growth!"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to learn so much at Lambda in the year and a half that I've been here. If they hadn't taken a chance on me, I would not be nearly as developed as a professional as I am now.

I am consistently surprised by how much trust and autonomy I am given in my job. It is mine to make what I want of it. I have the power to choose how I interact with clients, to change processes, and to have my opinion seriously considered by Management.

No one watches my time or schedule, so I am free to do what I feel is most effective. If I ever need guidance, I can grab my Director of Sales or even CEO and bounce ideas off of them. I have as much support as I could ever need, but no one is breathing down my back.

Side note - I have never seen a company run by such bad-ass women! Our CEO, CFO, Director of Sales, Director of Marketing, and others are extraordinary women, and I feel privileged to learn by their example. Our 50/50 Management Team shows that we truly put our money where our mouth is when it comes to diversity and equality.

Cons

My only complaint is that I sometimes feel overloaded. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I take failures very personally when I feel they are within my control. Because my job is loosely defined, I always feel like I could be doing so much MORE.

That said, I couldn't ask for a better job for my personal growth. I am certainly outside of my comfort zone often, but that is exactly what I signed up for!

Advice to Management

Tighten processes, more clearly define roles, and appreciate your hardworking team who go above and beyond in their roles (literally every one of my colleagues).

Keep up the great work with culture, lofty goals, and autonomy in job roles.

9 Oct, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for the review! We are so happy to hear that you feel this is an excellent environment for growth!

"Keep the good work"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

Overall the best work/life balance I've experienced in my career
    Great culture.
    No ideas are off limits
    Great product. Great clients
    Fridays' beer

Cons

The To-Do list is getting longer

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9 Oct, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! Always happy to hear :)

7. "Fantastic company to work for!"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

- Welcoming, inclusive culture
    - Customer-centric
    - Clear goals and expectations set
    - Driven by innovation
    - Great location
    - Dogs are regular visitors to the office :)

From the moment I walked through the doors, I have felt right at home with Lambda. The team is totally committed and works really well together to achieve a common goal. There is a sense of ownership and everyone is really proud of the work we are doing and the special group of people we have. It is really unique to have such a diverse group that is able to work together and genuinely enjoys each other's company. There is always laughter across the office - I genuinely look forward to coming into work every day. I am really excited about the future here at Lambda - it is shining really brightly!

Cons

- Growing company so lacks some processes that could help with efficiencies
    - No telecommuting

9 Oct, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thanks! We are glad you agree that we have something special here :)

"Big Red Flag"

I have been working at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

There's beer on Fridays sometimes.

Cons

This place is not in good shape, and I would not be surprised if they folded in the next two years.

They have "launched" the same product 3 times.

28 Sep, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for the review. As we spoke about in our Monthly Staff Meeting today, our CEO's door is always open if you wish to have a conversation about how to make our workplace better :)

"Failure to disclose"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

Small company. Successful branding makes the company seem much bigger than it is. Beer on Fridays.

Cons

CEO and senior manager directly responsible for all revenue generation are direct family, which is not disclosed in recruitment, and generates significant internal conflicts of interest. Lack of skill and experience tolerated within key management positions based on personal relationships. Bullying behaviour is tolerated and enabled. No HR. Break-neck, unjustified and undocumented changes in strategy and organizational structure. Unwillingness to facilitate flexible or remote work environments. Outrageous displays of illegal and immoral behaviour displayed and tolerated by senior management. Forced to drink sour coffee provided by other family-run business, a coffee chain. Senior management treat customers with disdain, and staff with disregard. Major turnover in Sales, Marketing and IT over past 2 years.

Advice to Management

Accept that the earlier, prevailing concern about hiring family - it's a bad idea.

23 Aug, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take all comments seriously and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to constantly improve as we grow as a team and a company.

"Some Good, Mostly Bad"

I worked at Lambda Solutions full-time

Pros

Beer/Wine/Snacks on a regular basis. Plus morning treats (usually donuts)

Get your own Macbook and work flexible hours (for the most part)

Cons

The company has an incredibly loose structure. They have all the problems of a brand new startup, despite being around for 15 years. They consistently let people go and do nothing to try and nurture their talent. They would state that they let people go because talent problems which would be somewhat true, but the reality is that they have core business problems and cant afford to keep people around any longer.

Payroll is a mess. Expect to not get paid on time or receive paystubs.

Advice to Management

Decrease your pricing. Nurture your talent and provide consistent positive reinforcement. But mostly just sell the company and get out of the LMS business before you are irrelevant. Hire someone to assist with payroll and accounting.

15 May, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As a small company, we are always trying our best to improve, so we appreciate your feedback.

"Great Company and Great Experience"

Pros

- Balanced workload
    - Extremely positive work environment
    - Very personable and approachable management
    - A few programs that have additional incentives for employees to get rewards and perks
    - Location
    - As it is still a small/growing company, you can be part of different projects and feel like you're really part of the overall process - it's a very rewarding experience to be part of it as you work very closely with other teams/departments and you can be part of developing the process, give suggestions, and see the ins and outs of our service
    - Opportunities to learn and grow
    - Freedom to take ownership of certain projects/areas that play to your strengths
    - An environment of respect and support
    - Friday snacks and drinks ;)

Cons

Can't really think of anything. There are minor challenges or things you need to work through here and there with certain people, but it's part of the learning curve and experience, and life in general. I am still waiting for my own laptop (currently using a desktop) but it's not critical to my job.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

26 Aug, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We agree that small companies allow employees to have a larger impact, which is very important to lots of people. We love working here too :)