Cover image for Info-Tech Research Group

71% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 314 of over 319 reviews

3.7
Info-Tech Research Group Founder Joel McLean (no image)
Joel McLean
Pros
  • "Flexible work hours, good work life balance 90% of the year and a fast growing organization with lots of opportunity(in 17 reviews)

• "Info-Tech is a great place to work(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There’s a saying here: Info-Tech is a company that makes stupid money but is run by stupid people(in 19 reviews)

• "This kills your work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Info-Tech Research Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

A Great Place to Work and Getting Better Every Year

Feb. 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my time at Info-Tech there have been a few constants: - I'm consistently given new opportunities to grow and shape my career - I have always had a supportive and encouraging manager - I have always felt respected and know that I can speak up and have my feedback heard and acted upon All of these are great reasons to work here. Add this to the other perks (yearly training allowance, RRSP matching, work-life balance, great offices and even better people) and the fact that we're selling a product that helps make our members' lives and jobs easier and you've got an incredible place to work. Even with all of the above pros, my favorite thing about Info-Tech is that the company is improving every year. For some people, this means working in an ever-changing environment and can be stressful, but if you are able to adapt to change you'll see an organization that is maturing and always improving. Info-Tech is growing at an incredible rate, there are always new opportunities, and our processes are maturing and improving. Most of the cons that I would have listed when I started at Info-Tech no longer exist because they have been acted upon by management. Long story short: Info-Tech is a great place to work.

Cons

Like I said above, Info-Tech is maturing which means that processes are regularly being adjusted/changed (in my opinion, for the better). If you have a hard time adapting to change then this may be difficult for you. Although I have always had a positive experience with my managers I have noticed that some employees have a tougher time having their voices heard (how often this is an issue varies from department to department).

4 people found this review helpful

Info-Tech Research Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are committed to constantly evolving to create the best place to work, especially as we continue to grow; we're happy to have such a great team along for the ride. Thank you for the feedback, as well. Feedback across all levels of the organization helps us to be better and is consistently acted on, with many of the improvements you've indicated in your review coming directly from this internal feedback loop. Please continue to share your perspective with your manager and HR, as well as in the engagement surveys. Your input is valuable!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to work

Oct. 29, 2022 - Salesforce Administrator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture. No micro-managing

Cons

None, except for better business process

3. Join the Info-Tech Research Group team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love it!

Oct. 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products, great people, great culture. I have been working at Info-Tech for 4 years and loving it. Lots of growth opportunity for those that work hard.

Cons

There are many more male than female employees at all levels. There is a focus on promoting diversity, but maybe because it is a tech company, it is still unbalanced.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Quiet Firing happening

Nov. 2, 2022 - Commercial Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tech stack is pretty good. Beyond that run don't walk from this company.

Cons

Micro management, terrible leads, too many meetings, 1 on 1s and just time wasting in general.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work. Needed better training

Sep. 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome environment to work at. Great staff.

Cons

Training was not organized and when placed on the phones, conflicting guidance and processes changed like the wind.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

ITRG

Sep. 20, 2022 - Commercial Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with everyone working toward one goal.

Cons

Path to career advancement is unclear

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing work environment

Sep. 15, 2022 - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team effort, they try everything to make your life easy not hard

Cons

Can't think of one con

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Right Place To Be, At The Exact Right Time The Right Place To Be, At The Exact Right Time

Sep. 8, 2022 -  in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company with a meteoric growth rate and a visionary leader with a strong set of core values. What I love most is being able to contribute to the success of an organization doing important work that is literally at the inflection point of their trajectory.

Cons

The learning curve is admittedly steep, but there is no lack of support in traversing that phase of personal learning and development.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Meh

Sep. 8, 2022 - Commercial Director in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being in a “tech” company that creates information that IT leaders need and want

Cons

To many to list but here’s a couple, super toxic management, unrealistic expectations, the only way to get ahead is to “party” with management

8 people found this review helpful
    11. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Good place to work

Aug. 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with the best trams. They walk the talk in terms of diversity. Always seeking to improve the welfare of their staff. Challenging projects to make you better and grow. Wonderful Managers and team mates.

Cons

They need to improve their on-boarding process.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 314 Reviews
    </>Embed

Info-Tech Research Group Reviews FAQs

Info-Tech Research Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 319 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Info-Tech Research Group to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Info-Tech Research Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Info-Tech Research Group. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

71% of Info-Tech Research Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Info-Tech Research Group 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Info-Tech Research Group Job Seekers