Info-Tech Research Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

Joel McLean

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This leads to a lot of changes in upper management (in 9 reviews)

• work/life balance (focused on work) (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, ON

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always feel like family. I was there just about 5 years and it was my favourite time with any organization. Good benefits and pay. A lot of perks and employee engagement. CEO is easily approachable and willing to chat and a good guy! All senior management are really good people.

Cons

It can be a very fast paced environment that can be difficult for newer employees to be a handle on. Change management could be better handled in that respect.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome! You all have a lot of responsibility and are accountable for a lot. Don't lose sight of the bigger picture and enjoy the run!
    "enjoy the work at do"

Info-Tech Research Group Response

26 Sep, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you we appreciate your insights and positive feedback. We are very happy to hear you had a positive experience during your time with us.

"Every day we're strugglin'"

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

They hire university graduates with little to no experience, so if you can't find work, this is an option considering you interview well.

You get paid every two weeks, 10 days for holidays a year and some benefits.

Cons

Massive turnover rate, people get fired, laid off and quit all the time. It appears to happen on almost a daily basis. This is a huge red flag that something internally isn't working. The old CEO left without any warning and they never explained why.

They constantly change procedure. They will introduce something new, it fails and they scrap it, people are laid off. This leads to a lot of changes in upper management. If you like consistency and an organized well developed environment, move along because the panic switch is always on.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

"Mid Management"

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

Lots of variety in your work
    There are some great people that keep people engaged for awhile
    Great products

Cons

You won't be properly trained
    Everything, including your comp structure will change each year (sometimes more often)
    You'll be out of pocket a lot on professional expenses if you're not 'in the circle', but get to watch the circle be well taken care of
    Little commitment to being a professional workplace - typical startup mentality gone awry

Advice to Management

Spend less time propping up your image on glassdoor and more time actually addressing the issues.

"Fun and fulfilling work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people doing great work. Lots of room and opportunities to grow. The benefits are good and there are some surprisingly awesome perks. Senior management definitely cares about people.

Cons

Pay is set at industry average.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing people to innovate.

Info-Tech Research Group Response

21 Sep, 2017 – Founder

Good to hear!

Joel

"If you're looking for a good company to join... move along, there's nothing to see here"

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

Competitive salaries, good benefits, and trips to Thailand - if you are part of the inner circle comprised of the founder's friends and family members. You're not part of the clique though, so you get nothing. You lose. Good day sir.

Cons

Pay is dramatically lower than industry average, don't believe reviews that say otherwise.

Your real concerns will be rationalized by upper management as being part of "a few bad apples" and they will not be addressed.

You will be asked to do more than you are comfortable with on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Close down the innovation team, or equalize pay with the innovation team.

7. "great"

Pros

best place to work ever

Cons

dont have anything negative to say

"Really think twice before working here..."

Current Employee - Commercial Director in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Commercial Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not that many. It's a very cool office but that only gets you so far.

Cons

Too many to mention - the most poorly run company out there. Senior management are terrible - the acquire "manager" brags that all sales reps lie and his job is to ensure that he pokes holes in their outlooks. This is fine until you get to a point where there is abuse. I have seen managers make employees cry, humiliate women AND men for gaining weight in public, bully the employees until they can't take it anymore. This is not leadership - this is a bully and toxic environment. If this is the environment you want to work in, go for it but there is a reason the turnover rate is so high.
    The company does nothing to brand themselves and expects you to sell the value of a company that has very little market share. It thinks it can compete with the well established competition but having kids out of school provide thought leadership is insulting to customers. Many customers aren't aware of this and buy into the "sales pitch".

Advice to Management

Your friends are well taken care of but the rest of us want to be treated fairly and given the same opportunities. It's not fair that you help them make money and give the rest of us NO help and then have the audacity to put them on pedestals to show how successful they are. Really???? Pathetic and demotivating.

"It used to be great"

Pros

Decent Salary, opportunities to advance, lots of incentives

Cons

Been there a long time and changes to the commission and bonus structure has left me earning much less. Like 20K less. We're losing analysts, support staff, and account managers quicker than ever. The rate of change is overwhelming and training is chaotic at best. Working harder for less is a terrible feeling.

I used to love this place, used to look forward to the work day.

Now it just causes stress.

Advice to Management

Fix your commission structure and make bonuses attainable. Roll out new product at the beginning of the fiscal year instead of late in the year when everything is a scramble.

"Its sad to see that there are a couple of unhappy campers among us"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Several.......Take a tour through one of our offices or speak to one of our 'average' employees and you will see that a couple of bad apples do not spoil an entire firm.
    Another really good thing about working here is that I have never been in danger, meaning there are few physical hazards and every location is infact climate controlled.
    I've never had to perform first aid nor have I witnessed any of my colleague suffer from frostbite or heatstroke from this particular work environment....life is good.

Cons

-Knowing that there are some unhappy people still working here for whatever reason (based on glassdoor reviews).
    -My ex girlfriend clearly doesn't want me back, but it has nothing to do with Info-Tech.
    -Working with so many people that are super geniuses can be intimidating (I nod a lot as in ''oh right, that makes sense)

Advice to Management

Please let me do an hour training session for the entire team some time.....okay fine, half hour.

"Don't buy into the hype"

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

- The owner has connections in London, Ontario where the HQ is located, hence all the undeserved media coverage in the local media
    - Excellent at keeping up appearances and the facade of a "technology" firm (this is actually just a website that delivers powerpoint slides written by fresh business school grads)

Cons

- Read the other 1 to 3 star reviews, you will find truth in them
    - The company should update this page since the CEO has been gone for months
    - Pretty sure the owner needs a trip to a rehab facility
    - The accounting practices are a big red flag. Revenue is reported on future "renewable recurring revenue" that falls outside of the actual quarter in which the customer is invoiced...Seems legit
    - That "unhappy camper review", that person really loves the Kool-Aid they serve up here
    - The owner of the company replied/commented on some of the negative reviews here...that speaks volumes

Advice to Management

- I hope you all have really amazing bonuses, equity, profit-sharing and not a lot of alternative employment options because that's the only way how you treat your employees even begins to make any sense
    - Stop being sycophants, you are individual people, have some dignity
    - Stop peddling lies, it will haunt you, have some integrity