Info-Tech Research Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Bohannon

Pros
  • Company does a great job of protecting a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• This place is filled with so many great people that will be willing to support your thoughts and feelings (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Quite of a bit of unethical work practices that happens in the upper management or culture overall (in 8 reviews)

• work/life balance (focused on work) (in 4 reviews)

1. "Some good oppotunities"

Former Employee - Sales in London, ON
    Former Employee - Sales in London, ON

Pros

- great place to cut your teeth in sales
    - you get what you put into it

Cons

- can be long days
    - if you are not willing to work you will not enjoy the place

"Info-Tech Ridiculous Group"

Current Employee - Associate Commercial Director in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Associate Commercial Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Fruits, Open bar at parties/ events, Intelligent people (in research), fast paced environment, work/life balance is decent too.

Cons

Probably one of the most unstructured companies in Canada- You'll absolutely love it the first 2-3 months, the ping pong tables, the chill managers, the masonic temple , you'll think its the coolest job in Ontario. Then you'll realize the quotas, the daily dials requirements, the sketchy and toxic sales environment and "company culture" was all a hoax.

First and foremost Management in the Acquire division is absolutely poisonous. They all lie to their team members, they lead by fear and intimidation and give certain people different privileges. Managers talk about each other, the members of the team they should be leading and the founder of the company on a daily basis. The only way to succeed in a company like this is if you suck up to managers or if you're friends with the founder.

The Acquire division is basically run by a dictator, instead of enjoying his old age in a rocking chair in the mountains in Europe, he marches around the offices giving orders and creating ridiculous sales targets and cold calling goals. The managers are absolutely afraid to stand up to him and instead just mock and talk about him behind his back (which I don't blame them for). Basically, the Managers are all "YES MEN". It's promising now that the only strong leader is taking charge of Acquire, so great days should be ahead of us.

Employees quit/resign on a weekly basis and turnover in sales and in the company in general is extremely high. The CEO recently resigned because of misalignment with Senior Management and the mid managers were absolutely childish throughout that whole ordeal. They never gave him a chance to lead in my opinion. Management is out of touch with reality and challenged when it comes to communication and telling the truth.

I think the founder is extremely approachable, hard-working and I have a lot of respect for him. Obviously no company is perfect, but attention should be given to the poor leadership qualities of the managers and that'll be the turning point for basically everything after that.

Advice to Management

Restructure the management team, its killing the acquire division, decreasing morale and its truly a toxic work environment. Most of the managers intentions aren't for the success of their team, but to the success of their career. Boasting about closing deals for your team and what you did on client meetings for certain teammebrs your team and raving what they achieved because of you, isn't being a leader.

3. "Great place to start for a young professional"

Former Employee - Commercial Director in London, ON
    Former Employee - Commercial Director in London, ON

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and fast paced environment for young staff and recent graduates. Company does a great job of protecting a work/life balance. Good place to learn sales with a big focus on training and development. Great people!

Cons

Change happens very often around the company and in the sales processes and the communication down to the commercial rep level isn't always the best so you have to be very quick to adjust and learn.

5. "Many improvements"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in London, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The product offerings are extremely useful and getting better all the time. The people we work with are fantastic. When things get rough, the people come together to support each other and look for ways to get through it.

Cons

The pace is crazy - we're victims of our success. Lots of great ideas to engage clients, but they're often announced as ready to implement before the delivery team is ready. We tend to think we're still a small company, but we're not anymore, so there's room to improve tools and operations.

Advice to Management

The last few years have been challenging to say the least. Many of us have noticed some real efforts the last few months to improve communications and the mood from the top down has lightened considerably. Continue to encourage senior management to get input from their teams before making sweeping changes. Continue to innovate, but work on improving the process to move from innovation to production.

"Cool office, lots of fun, good for new graduates."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of fun events and perks for sales departments.
    -Heavy focus on a cool building. Gym, slide, concert hall, ping pong, etc...
    -Good people. Most are happy to be there.
    -Very social place. Good for new grads or people new to the city.

Cons

-Perks for other departments not as good.
    -Salaries are good for entry level, but not great for anything past that, unless in management or sales.
    -Unlimited vacation lures you in, but isn't approved often. If it is, it seems like a huge deal.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the happiness of your employees and ask questions. Many people would stay if they felt more appreciated and respected. Instead, great people are quitting.

"Commercial Director"

Former Employee - Director in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Director in Toronto, ON

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

The product offering is great for some. The people are great and very smart.

Cons

Too many to name. The environment is toxic. People are miserable. Terrible benefits and a culture of conflict. Many of the comments posted are obviously from management trying to improve their score in order to attract people due to the mass exodus of sales reps.
    There is no opportunity for career advancement. All of the owners friends are moved from one senior role to another - many unqualified and terrible "leaders". Thete's your problem!!

Advice to Management

These complaints have existed for many years now. Yet, you do nothing to fix the culture. Good luck- your reputation precedes you.

"analyst"

Current Employee - Consulting Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Consulting Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group (More than a year)

Pros

great work life balance

Cons

not enough growth opportunity

"There is a reason why Info-Tech is what it is"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product, the culture, the history, the future.
    Info-Tech is awesome, what else can I say? our clients,our network, the sales team, the incentives and even the buildings which house our offices.
    The organization as a whole is incredible. Personally, I didn't enter this position right out of university but rather joined the company after years of dusty, dangerous and dirty construction jobs where I had braved a variety of elements. This place is a dream.
    Although there is a lot of information to take in given the nature of any role at Info-Tech, there is so little to actually complain about.
    This company treats their staff amazing and I am confident that jaded employees would realize this immediately upon finding new employment elsewhere.
    If someone feels so strongly against this environment/organization....why continue to work here? ...... you have the power to change your own situation, if you do have an issue, speak up before it festers. This place is filled with so many great people that will be willing to support your thoughts and feelings. I have made several friends here that will be in my life forever....so there.

Cons

Sometimes we run out of fresh fruit that is provided for us twice a week.
    One time my computer was being slow....but it was because I had too many tabs open.
    Sometimes people dress casually and it's not even Friday........

Advice to Management

As a team member who has had his fair share of disputes with Management,,,,my advice would be to do what you are doing, I am not a manager and i do not know what your job entails, i imagine it's tough.

"There certainly are worse places."

Current Employee - Developer in London, ON
    Current Employee - Developer in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very dynamic environment, great people. Very interesting work, pushing many limits of what can be done. Exposure to many different technologies. Still a "smaller" company that is building a solid foundation to be a large contender in the industry.

Cons

Things do change quite quickly, so if you have a tough time adapting to this, then this probably isn't the place for you.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, ON
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun environment. Fast paced and always growing. Great perks and family like. I've worked here for 10 years and love my job.

Cons

It is ever changing and evolving. Very fast paced and challenges you to work harder with great rewards. You need to roll with changes as you will see the growth in the end. You need to have a good work ethic to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to involve your sales groups with the changes and include us in the direction we're heading. Continue to hire more resources to meet our growing demands.