Info-Tech Research Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Info-Tech Research Group Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2019

3.6
Info-Tech Research Group CEO Joel McLean (no image)
Joel McLean
Pros
  • "Very dynamic environment, great people(in 14 reviews)

• "The company is mostly respectful of the work-life balance, especially in London research(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "old boys club - most upper management have been with the company since day 1(in 9 reviews)

• "The senior management team has absolutely no scruples or ethics of any kind(in 7 reviews)

1. "Best place to work ever"

Current Employee - Commercial Director in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The learning and advancement opportunities.

Cons

There's lots of changes all the time. And that's what happens when you grow as fast as we do. This isn't a con. But if you can't grow with it it might be

Advice to Management

Keep crushing it guys

Info-Tech Research Group2019-09-27

Info-Tech Research Group Response

October 4, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

"No trust"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you work very hard and play the game. Inner circle is a must

Cons

Zero real training at any level. Management is there because of tenure and connection NOT ability

Advice to Management

You would not care anyway

Info-Tech Research Group2019-09-23

Info-Tech Research Group Response

October 4, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am sorry you are having such a negative experience. We encourage you to leave comments in the company Engagement Survey, so we can deal more directly and specifically with your issues. That said, we have done a lot to strengthen our learning and development offering including; 1) Appointing a leader for Learning and Development to focus on building programs designed for our employees for example Quarterly Management Training, New Manager Training and Performance Management coaching 2) Increased the number of available spots for the annual Scholarship Program from 2 to 6+ 3) Increased employee training allowance for course related to their role 4) We already have a number of internal courses available to employees through Infotech Academy and the LEAP Program 5) Working to build out additional training for all our key departments in FY20

"Great - While It Lasts"

Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, high pay. Excellent opportunity for performance-oriented sales reps that thrive on cold calls.

Cons

Whimsical, clueless management. No plans or strategies beyond the next month. Jobs are precarious and not sustainable for the long term.

Advice to Management

a) Hire a CEO to manage the company - use the owner as a visionary only; b) Make use of the advice and input of specialists; c) create a long-term strategy and plan the execution; d) management has to enable employees and provide them with the tools and input to do their work.

Info-Tech Research Group2019-09-06

"Low Comp, Unrealistic Expectations, No Work Life Balance, No Support"

Current Employee - Commercial Director in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting Office Spaces with games rooms and beer tap training of new and existing staff is prioritized.

Cons

Under market comp - They don't tell you about paying them back 15k of Commission! Unrealistic Daily Expectations - Likely as they haven't updated sales policy since massive growth and do not understand new reality old boys club - most upper management have been with the company since day 1. they lack perspective and outside influence. Terrible benefits and only 2 weeks vacation for sales. No new sales... tools to help work through the day.

Info-Tech Research Group2019-09-04
  5. "Ideal work-life balance work environment."

Former Employee - Research Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, supportive environment, beautiful office space, varied opportunities for growth and progress. ITRG offers many work perks as well as mentorship opportunities and different paths for career growth.

Cons

Sometimes, lack of feasibility analysis performed before large-scale changes were made to the organization.

Info-Tech Research Group2019-07-18
  6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

The best company to work for. Management genuinely cares about training and development. They are willing to work with you to help you achieve your goals. They are very flexible and are open to accommodating your needs. The environment is fun and you learn something nee everyday. I love this company and I’m so proud to work here.

Cons

8 am starts can be a bit challenging especially if you have a long commute

Advice to Management

Keep growing and implementing new tactics to help grow your team’s strengths. Joel the CEO has been great with spending time with everyone and letting us be apart of the bigger conversation around his ideas.

Info-Tech Research Group2019-06-27

"Underpaid, bad benefits, with bad senior leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Consulting Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many. Liked most my colleagues.

Cons

Culture, pay, benefits, and senior leadership are all bad

Info-Tech Research Group2019-06-23
  8. "London Research is a great opportunity for new liberal arts grads"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in London, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Research specialists that are hired right out of university have great learning and development opportunities. The London research department culture is very collaborative. My colleagues are very smart. The culture is fun -- lots of philosophy jokes, word play, and technology discussions. The company is mostly respectful of the work-life balance, especially in London research. Management is starting to more... seriously focus on leading and managing, and senior management is not micromanaging as much anymore.

Cons

The company is very sales-oriented. The Toronto office research department has been mismanaged resulting in extremely high turnover. Fast pace of change means that poorly performing initiatives are ended quickly, but also that good initiatives can also be ended. Many managers are not trained on how to manage effectively, but they are starting to train them on this. Compensation is good in London for new grads,... but hasn't kept up with rises in costs of living (i.e. rent) in Toronto.

Advice to Management

Continue the new focus on training and developing research analysts. Continue to focus more on leading and directing, less on micromanaging.

Info-Tech Research Group2019-05-11
  9. "Great first job out of undergrad"

Former Employee - Commercial Director in London, ON

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great first job out of undergrad Ample opportunity to make good money immediately

Cons

Limited trajectory as all mgmt is in early 40s Little/no horizontal communication among the various depts

Info-Tech Research Group2019-05-11
  10. "Marketing Coordinator-GREAT"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the work-play balance and atmosphere is one of the best companies i have worked for!

Cons

None! Great place to work

Info-Tech Research Group2019-05-02