Info-Tech Research Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Info-Tech Research Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Info-Tech Research Group

2.6

Executive Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group in October 2018.

Interview

Multiple no shows to interview meetings spoke with James Twice and not prepared with little direction
    Communications and expectation setting appear to be a mess

Directions of company uncertain and just spoke about giving canned blueprints to clients versus solving problems

Interview Questions

• What did I think about ITIL value proposition?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group.

Interview

Was contacted by their recruiter, finally interviewed, total process took about 4 weeks from start - finish. Had to do a take home assignment, interviews with manager/hr & a panel of 3 people. Reasonable questions, friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Q. Gave me a piece of code to analyze and tell them how to fix it in RoR   Answer Question

Commercial Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group (London, ON) in August 2019.

Interview

Chronological overview of resume, from university to present employment. Focus on roles, responsibilities, and results. Two experiences sales managers were also able to answer many of my questions in depth.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favourite thing about your last job?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group (London, ON).

Interview

It was relatively quick, took about 3 weeks to get everything sorted out. Went out for dinner for the interview they just really wanted to get to know you and see if you fit their company criteria.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions: Why sales? What makes you right for this job?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group (London, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

Step zero: I consulted with existing employees about their experiences, the ups and downs of the company. Then there was a pre-screening, a phone interview where you talk about your qualifications and so on. First interview: meet with the departmental team; evaluate employment history and fit with the company, followed up by a case study. Second interview: met with VP and the team, going deeper into your experiences, skills, and methods. I didn't get an offer, but was happy with the experience and found everyone quite collegial.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with imposter syndrome (i.e., unwarranted feelings of being an 'imposter')?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group (London, ON).

Interview

The talent acquisition "specialist" didn't even call. There was a follow-up a few hours later with no reasonable explanation as to why they couldn't make the meeting. I decided to decline any rescheduling. If this was the way they treat people they're recruiting, not respecting their time and efforts to make an appointment, then I doubt working for them would be any different.

Senior Software Developer - PHP Interview

Interview

A month ago I've got technical exam to create an web application to manage photo album integrated with AWS. I've completed the task and pushed the application to InfoTech's git repo. Reported to them. After 3 weeks I asked them for any response again. Still no answer. I don't recommend even try this company

Interview Questions

• Could you create a web application as a test exam?   1 Answer

Associate Commercial Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group.

Interview

Very straightforward, basic behavioural questions, tell me about yourself. Nothing crazy or too serious. Applied through a referral. The first step is a phone interview with HR and then you meet with the sales managers and people in the role right now.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Unprofessional approach. They won't call you or reply for days. And suddenly will just mail you for personal interview, won't let you know for weeks about the result. You will feel like the interview went very good and the chances of offer are sure. but after weeks they will say NO.

Interview Questions

Info-Tech Research Group Response

Apr. 5, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

I am sorry you had a negative experience interviewing with us; 4 weeks is a fairly standard timeline for full time hiring as we screen, then do a 1st stage interview followed by technical test and then final round with the team. With the availability of Managers and HR, this can take a few weeks to execute. With regards to feedback, I apologize if you were not contacted and updated on the status of your application, in a timely manner and as the Manager, Talent I will work to rectify this for future applicants. Unfortunately for you it seems you did not meet our rigorous needs for Developers and this is ultimately why we said no; we set high standards for our IT team and as such are very specific in our needs.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Info-Tech Research Group in May 2017.

Interview

My friend interviewed for the role of a Consulting Analyst in the Small Enterprise team. He had two interviews with three folks over a period of two to three weeks and from his feedback, he was expecting to get a job offer. Unfortunately, Info-tech called last minute to say that the position was cancelled and that they were no longer hiring.

Reason: The Small Enterprise team was merging with the IT team. This was really surprising and I am seriously disappointed in Info-tech for being this way.

Interestingly, he was asked to come for a fresh set of interviews for a Consulting Analyst role in the IT team. But the job posting for that role says application closed since March 31st, and this is May already. This makes no sense at all. Why not cut through the red-tape and arrange a meeting with the Director of the IT team rather than go through the entire process again? I should think this is the sensible thing to do seeing both teams are being merged. Or, how about hiring him anyway and eventually moving him to the IT team since the roles are essentially the same?

I do not know the answers to these questions. Perhaps Joel McLean can answer.

Interview Questions

Info-Tech Research Group Response

Apr. 5, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

I can answer these questions for you as the Manager Talent and could chat live with you as from the tone of the review, this may be a current employee of ours. 1) Sometimes businesses change direction with internal teams, this is what happened with the SE group and the reason we cancelled the CA role. 2) It seems as though your friend did a great job and so was kept in the Talent Pool and contacted when we had a new role that would be a match. 3) In terms of the postings, if your friend had been referred there would be no reason for them to have to apply again, however we will keep this comment in mind and look to improve our posting updates. 4) Our Director IT has nothing to do with CA hiring, this is managed by Research folks, contacts who are different from the SE team; the profile for the larger IT CA role is also slightly different to the SE hence the reason they needed your friend to come back and interview. I hope this helps answer some of your concerns, if not I am more than happy to speak live with you should you wish to reach out to me directly.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.